Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
IORR posting policy
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 14, 2015 17:31

Threads are merged into other threads based on reports from other IORR visitors. I don't do this as my own choice normally.

When I get a report on a post or a thread I read the comments, then I see if the comments makes sense, and if they do, I take action.

Often there are posts related to another thread, like "I am going to Quebec", so I simply merge it into the Quebecthread as usual.

IORR is a fan site. Fan means fanatic. Highly negative posts may be merged into the compliants thread, but there is no policy regarding this. Feel free to discuss how much negativity there should be allowed to express regarding an individual on a fan site. My personal opinion is this: If you don't have any positive to say, then don't say it. I never walk up to the face of a person and say: "I don't like your face".

As for their performances, everybody is welcome to write a report. I publish every report I receive. There is only one requirenent. You muat have been attending the show. One time per tour I receive reports that are fake, made by trolls. They are not published.

A troll is a person who love to "shine on internet". Typically a person who feed the ego by making a comment that is offending. Like "I hate Lisa" or "Get rid of Chuck". Such posts will be deleted.

There is no way for me to know if a person is "normal" or a troll.

One more thing. I do not allow campaigns on IORR. Campaigns may be repeating the same message over and over, like marketing. That might be "Bring back Mick Taylor" og "Please play Sway". Sure there is room for many comments here, positive and negative, but I don't want to have these threads going on IORR:

I don't like Ronnie Wood
I don't like Mick Jagger
I don't like Keith Richards
I don't like Charlie Watts
and so on...

Why not?

1. Because they will offend many people, and start fights. People will start name calling, I hate you, you hate me, you are an idiot, and within 24 hours there is a war going on, like it was in NY City in the 80's, not a pleasant scene.

2. Because negativity is not very creative. It is usually very subjective.

Feel free to discuss anything on IORR, but if the discussiuon is going into fighting and name calling, or it is hurtful to other individuals, it is offending, and I will not totelate it.

Finally, I have been asked if it is ok to say things like this:

- I hate Greece, they should pay tax like everyuone else
- I hate South America people because they don't pay tax
- I hate people in USA because they eat junk food
- I hate Dutch people because they smoke pot
- I hate myself and I want to die
- and so on and so on...

No. It is not ok to post such. It is not nice. It is offending, it is political, economical, offending, and I will delete it. It might not even be true, for sure it is not true. And when I am busy, I will ban the user, because after all, I am not here to serve IORR full time. I am here to keep IORR running with a minimum of spare time spend on moderation. I am not paid to run IORR, it is a free service, available based on the limited time I do have.

And if you don't like this, please do not start fights here, please e-mail me at:

iorr@arena.no

Thanks!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor and moderator

Re: IORR posting policy
Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:11

thumbs up

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: July 14, 2015 20:37

What if I say I hate trolls who don't pay their taxes and eat junk food?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 14, 2015 22:44

I'm Dutch and I don't smoke pot ......................great post BV

Posted by: wopperla ()
Date: July 14, 2015 23:27

BV, Thank you for this site!

Thank you for taking the time to run it!

Thank you for all that you do!

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: July 15, 2015 01:45

I hate Dutch people who don't smoke pot.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: July 15, 2015 03:16

You might have also considered touch on how members should treat other members. There have been times where someone has called other members names, used foul language, and even made threats. Even though it shouldn't need to be said it should be part of how we use this website.

Posted by: Exile ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:30

What was wrong with NYC in the 80's? lol

On the 7th day God created the Rolling Stones

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:13

mighty stork
You might have also considered touch on how members should treat other members. There have been times where someone has called other members names, used foul language, and even made threats. Even though it shouldn't need to be said it should be part of how we use this website.

I think we should employ a "DON'T TOUCH" policy when it comes to dealing with other peoples members.

Date: July 15, 2015 05:44

Exile
What was wrong with NYC in the 80's? lol

I went to see The Rolling Stones four shows at Shea Stadium NYClate 1989. We stayed on 45th st and we could not cross the street because there were drug pushers and hookers everywhere. The avenue that took us to 42nd st and Port Authority bus station, which was a crazy place. One of us got robbed, the taxi driver that took us to the Stadium offered us a joint (he was smoking it while driving). I said no. For the next shows we took the underground. Everybody said we were craaaaazy. I don't want IORR to be like that. I can manage, but many don't like it that way.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:45

Well now that onlystones is gone I think iorr is pretty safe from the hookers and drug pushers. winking smiley

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: July 15, 2015 06:52

Naturalust
Well now that onlystones is gone I think iorr is pretty safe from the hookers and drug pushers. winking smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 07:37

BV, you do us all here a tremendously great service. Would have loved to have gotten to shake your hand in Buffalo and said thank you in person, but life happens. Perhaps one day.

I myself have been offended by 1 or 2 members here over the years. It's caused me to go away for long periods of time, but I always seem to come back. Why? Probably for the same reason that all of us are here in the first place smiling smiley

I wish we could all be accepting of each other's cultures and be completely peaceful toward each other, both here and in general, but particularly here. The main point of this site is to bring together those of us who love the musicians who have made up what we each deem to be the greatest band that has ever existed. For that alone, we should be more than tolerant and accepting of each other.

Honestly, what BV asks isn't a lot, and it is only fair - there needs to be ground rules because, as we've seen, it's too easy for things to spiral quickly, unfortunately. And like many have said, it is his domain. It's a great tool to bring together so many of us from around the world - to meet up at concerts, and form friendships outside of this website. It's wonderful when one thinks about it. Think about all the people who just met up in Buffalo, coming from different continents to do so. That's not possible without the time and effort that BV puts in each and every day!!

So thanks BV. I've enjoyed this site for many years now, and hopefully will have it to enjoy for a few more yet!!

VL13

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: July 15, 2015 07:39

i think the fawning and walking on eggshells is a bit much here. just an opinion. i appreciate the info and some of the discussions. but i also tire of the mind games and sucking up.

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: July 15, 2015 09:54

I really like the moderation of the threads BV. The negativity is already enough, I would not come if there were alot more... it just wouldn't be fun.

But I think it's a pretty good balance, lots of praise, honest critique, some cheerleading, and lots of strong opinions expressed articulately (mostly).

smileys with beer

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 15, 2015 12:30

MrThompsonWooft
wellalright
i think the fawning and walking on eggshells is a bit much here. just an opinion. i appreciate the info and some of the discussions. but i also tire of the mind games and sucking up.

Too right. And who on earth gets offended by something written on a forum by people they will probably never meet. Grow up and toughen up!

But people do - and they report posts, and things get deleted and other people get banned. Fact of life. I don't think iorr should be only for those who are tough tough tough tough tough like MrThompsonWooft - I know I have to go away and snarl and mutter to myself for a few minutes at times, and observe latebloomer's invaluable advice about not posting when riled - but by and large bv keeps things civilised here, and it's a good place to be, even though I don't always agree with his decisions.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 15, 2015 12:51

Who in their right mind would go on a forum and don't mind if they get personally insulted or would want to see offending posts ?

I would soon clear off if that happened on a daily basis.

And what is wrong with thanking and praising any individual on here that has made this 'Tell Me' area, or the website in general , a nice place to visit ?

I know some people on forums have an aggressive nature and just like to get people annoyed at times and have a very negative attitude, but they are in a very, very small minority on IORR, thank goodness. smoking smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 15, 2015 14:09

It's good to be here thumbs up

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 15, 2015 16:55

MrThompsonWooft
mighty stork

Or how about forum members who feel empowered to tell others that they should trawl the whole forum to see if a matter has been discussed before they post? I hate members like that ;-)

Im so with you on that one MrThompsonWooft when i came on here to start entering discussions and starting threads i felt terrible the way long time posters waded in one after another. They just assumed because i was new on here that i new nothing about the Stones. No matter what i posted it turned into an argument, and it does upset you it really does. You know these people will never see you but it still gets to you. I really like it on here but because i stand up to certain long time posters im mostly ignored now. Speaking your mind is not a good idea i have found out. They can but i cant. I am also shocked that people report others all the time, i had no idea. I would never do that. I think if two people are having an argument and they don't report it, why should anyone else. Its good to argue, just keep it clean and respectful. Mick and keith said they would never have wrote great music had they not argued and thrashed it out. Its passion. only when several other people join in against one person does it become a problem, because as i said it can be very upsetting..

Date: July 15, 2015 18:12

If people start fighting i.e. doing serious offends here I will delete posts. If it takes time I will delete access. Just like with the police in real life, a bullett may hit the wrong person. But good news are I use soft bullets and sending me an e-mail explaining things will clear things up. Then I will see who is the troll and who is just the offended.

Also, please do NOT use this thread to discuss banned people. They are free to contact me themselves at any time about the situation. I have detailed info about every post, it is easy to see things, but I am busy, I need to be contacted by the actual person, no others. And please do not send a 200 pages e-maill, a short one with your name and info will do.

I am here to report on the Stones. I do not work with the public services. My time on this planet is limited, just like with the rest of us. I really really really do not have time to sort out people fighting. Then I jail them until one of them cool down and tell me what went wrong, in FEW WORDS...

I don't want to have IORR looking like paradise on easrth like Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills totally clean and no worries, but there is something between a clean place and a horror place. I am sure most people understand. Freeedom with responsibility to be nice and polite to other people.

Bjornulf

Date: July 15, 2015 19:55

Good post, Bjornulf. I think the majority of consistently negative posts come from people who are likely negative on other internet threads as well. I won't name anyone, but I have noticed some IORRians who are almost always negative. They are harmless because no one would take them seriously anyways. Keep up the hard work…and enjoy the show in Quebec this evening.

Date: July 15, 2015 20:49

thumbs up

Date: July 15, 2015 21:24

A typical post from someone that just gets pleasure from annoying fans.

Just try not to bite.

The last Rolling Stones gig of this fantastic Tour of North America we gonna look forward to tonight, and I'm sure it will be extra special in some way.

Enjoy the night and the show, everyone in Quebec, or on line. smileys with beer

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 15, 2015 22:27

MrThompsonWooft
crawdaddy
A typical post from someone that just gets pleasure from annoying fans.

Just try not to bite.

The last Rolling Stones gig of this fantastic Tour of North America we gonna look forward to tonight, and I'm sure it will be extra special in some way.

Enjoy the night and the show, everyone in Quebec, or on line. smileys with beer

To whom do you refer? I hope it's not me. I would be very offended ;-)

Hope its not me, i would be offended too

Date: July 15, 2015 22:29

Guilty conscience MrThompsonWooft ?
Just referring to people here that just don't have a happy or cheerfull ambience ,and just put a downer on this great Rolling Stones Tour.

Will be all over after Quebec..............for now, but onwards and upwards cos The Rolling Stones are rollin' along, and are not finished yet by a long way. smileys with beer

Date: July 15, 2015 22:43

I forgot about you keefriffhards, but hope I'm not someone that has offended you by thinking you offended me.

Any easily offended fans/people/non- fans/former Rolling Stones and MT haters look away now as important thing happening tonight.

The last gig of North America Tour which I will read reviews and comments here in Spain in the morning .
Have a great night. It's gonna be another great show. winking smiley

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: July 15, 2015 22:46

crawdaddy
Guilty conscience MrThompsonWooft ?
Just referring to people here that just don't have a happy or cheerfull ambience ,and just put a downer on this great Rolling Stones Tour.

Will be all over after Quebec..............for now, but onwards and upwards cos The Rolling Stones are rollin' along, and are not finished yet by a long way. smileys with beer

Nothing to feel guilty about darling. I can't believe anyone would put a downer on the tour. It all seems to have gone fabulously. As to the future? Well, let's wait and see.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 16, 2015 14:22

VoodooLounge13
Honestly, what BV asks isn't a lot, and it is only fair

No, he doesn't ask a lot, but there's a big discrepancy between why BV says people get banned and why a whole bunch of this site's best posters seem to have actually been banned of late. That's why this conversation started. The board is qualitatively poorer without these people, and when it seems that many were banned for no real reason others are going to get upset about it. IORR's rules are extremely ambiguous (perhaps intentionally so).

Also, none of this is as simple as we're led to believe, since nobody on this board actually starts threads entitled 'I hate Mick Jagger'. The idea that 'do not offend' works as a principle for moderating a website is just daft, frankly. On IORR, it's totally meaningless, since a bunch of posters regularly take offence at others continuing to discuss Mick Taylor, occasionally criticising the band's playing and entertaining the possibility that not everything Keith Richards says is true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-16 14:25 by Stoneburst.

Posted by: Wizzard ()
Date: July 16, 2015 14:48

I guess it is still allowed to say I love being loved? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Maybe this is too political spinning smiley sticking its tongue out.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 16, 2015 16:36

bv
I went to see The Rolling Stones four shows at Shea Stadium NYC late 1989. We stayed on 45th st and we could not cross the street because there were drug pushers and hookers everywhere. The avenue that took us to 42nd st and Port Authority bus station, which was a crazy place. One of us got robbed, the taxi driver that took us to the Stadium offered us a joint (he was smoking it while driving). I said no. For the next shows we took the underground. Everybody said we were craaaaazy. I don't want IORR to be like that. I can manage, but many don't like it that way.

"NYC in late 1989" was also in the throws of a crack cocaine epidemic. I currently live about an hour away from downtown Manhattan and go there quite often. It is NOTHING like that now. Thankfully, I lived in northern VA in 1989.

I am sorry you & your group had such a horrible experience.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home