Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: If MJ did a health & fitness book would it outsell life
Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: July 14, 2015 16:00

z
RaahenTiikeri
I think there is something "mental-thing" too in rolling stones because MJ is not the only one.Ronnie Wood should have died years ago,Keith too.

They just love doing what they do. And they do it all their lives. It's healthy. People always say 'money money money', I don't think it's about money. They simply love to play.

-that´s truth of course.But many people do what they love.But they cant take tons of drugs&booze and keep livin like 40-50 years old man in age of 70.

There must be something special attitude of "being Rolling Stone" ...it´s like keeping things normal* day by day...years by years.It have something to do with knowledge of "this is my normal life"

*booze and pills and powders

---------------

i´ve tried to take these "Stones Vibes" to my own life...Just Pushing to myself do work days trough under hangover...just to keeping fresh (or look like fresh) after night without sleep...trying to keep walking after the point i should´ve fall down.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 20:25

A couple of local djs were discussing Mick on the radio this morning and said they were exhausted just watching him during a concert . By the way they were in their thirties ..

They also said Peter Wolf is no slouch either .

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: July 14, 2015 21:31

I'm 49 years old and I run between 8-12 miles a day, so I'm in shape.
Sometimes I will sing out loud as I run, just to try to understand on some small level what Jagger does.
I usually don't sing for long. Try it sometime. It's tough. And he's going in short, more intense spurts, while I'm slogging along at a much slower pace.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:29

Chester
I'm 49 years old and I run between 8-12 miles a day, so I'm in shape.
Sometimes I will sing out loud as I run, just to try to understand on some small level what Jagger does.
I usually don't sing for long. Try it sometime. It's tough. And he's going in short, more intense spurts, while I'm slogging along at a much slower pace.

I wonder if its counter productive to run 12 miles a day if you are like in your 70's
Surely that would put a lot of unnecessary strain on joints.
I'm 50 years old. Personally i find a brisk walk for 12 miles is much better for you as you get older..
Sing all i like as i walk. lovely haha

Date: July 15, 2015 01:57

There is no need of such a book. Only one page with a simple message similar to this will do:

Do what you love, consequently - Spread your full love and energy around the world to make yourself and all the people happy - Be thankful for the love and energy you get back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-15 02:02 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 15, 2015 02:14

Call me a sucker but I'd buy it! I would be fascinated to know the secret of Mick's daily food and exercise regime to see if it shed any light on how much his astounding fitness and physique might be down to his genes. He clearly works at it and with great success, but others could probably follow the same regime and fail to achieve the results that he does.

Memorable comment, together with appropriate miming gestures, from a woman by me at the catwalk spot in Orlando where Mick frequently stopped to prance about and so had us with our eyeballs popping out all night: "He's sooooo incredibly skinny - I could bench-press him!"

OT: I since noticed on one youtube video taken from an overlooking angle that there seems to be some kind of a line across the catwalk around that particular spot (seventh row), so it perhaps marks a stopping point for him on his advances out onto the catwalk.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 02:21

Beast
Call me a sucker but I'd buy it! I would be fascinated to know the secret of Mick's daily food and exercise regime to see if it shed any light on how much his astounding fitness and physique might be down to his genes. He clearly works at it and with great success, but others could probably follow the same regime and fail to achieve the results that he does.

Memorable comment, together with appropriate miming gestures, from a woman by me at the catwalk spot in Orlando where Mick frequently stopped to prance about and so had us with our eyeballs popping out all night: "He's sooooo incredibly skinny - I could bench-press him!"

OT: I since noticed on one youtube video taken from an overlooking angle that there seems to be some kind of a line across the catwalk around that particular spot (seventh row), so it perhaps marks a stopping point for him on his advances out onto the catwalk.

such lines are definitely marked out. needed for the lighting, the camera angles, and also his safety.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 15, 2015 02:37

stone4ever
they all sold their souls to the devil years ago

just a joke of course

but it is a mystery why they are all in the shape they are in

i think its the music vibrations that keep them young

we are learning more and more about energy frequency's

just chanting going mmmmmm is good for you

Keith and Ronnie may be in decent shape, all considered, but Mick is a true athlete. Charlie is also to be admired physically...no easy task to do what he does flawlessly for 2 1/4 hours.

Date: July 15, 2015 02:40

Beast

OT: I since noticed on one youtube video taken from an overlooking angle that there seems to be some kind of a line across the catwalk

around that particular spot (seventh row), so it perhaps marks a stopping point for him on his advances out onto the catwalk.

He could bench press me at any time. He is incredibly strong....sigh!!!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 15, 2015 02:53

Yes, I would gladly volunteer to be bench-pressed by Mick any day grinning smiley

Date: July 15, 2015 03:08

Beast
Yes, I would gladly volunteer to be bench-pressed by Mick any day grinning smiley

Oh Beast, I've been smiling since 5/24!! Hope you're well.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 15, 2015 03:09

Michael's Dad was a gym instructor and consequently he was introduced to fitness at a young age. He was also motivated to stay in shape when he saw how Elvis deteriorated. MJ inspired my debauchery and my regimen. I'd buy that book in a second.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: July 15, 2015 03:28

I don't see many buying a Mick Jagger fitness book and if we did it would be a matter of time before it was collecting dust next to the Buns of Steel video and the Thighmaster.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: July 15, 2015 13:59

Beast

Hereditary genes can only take you so far. It takes a daily obsession to get to the stage Mick is at. Not for the faint hearted.
He said he does not need to work out much once on tour, i would of thought 2 + hours on stage was enough. He probably does stretches and warm ups before show time.
He has been very lucky injury wise, no other word for it.
As for the book. I would pay ten bucks for it, sure.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1388
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home