Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith
Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:50

What's the story with Keith doing concerts solo ?????

Re: Keith
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:55

No story yet as far as I can tell. But I hope the rumors and speculation are true. Not only would it be great news but I get the feeling keeping Keith in good playing shape will bode well for future Stones shows.

Perhaps we'll get some early confirmation from Dreamer or his Mountie friend. I believe they are close to the Keith camp.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:58

Naturalust
No story yet as far as I can tell. But I hope the rumors and speculation are true. Not only would it be great news but I get the feeling keeping Keith in good playing shape will bode well for future Stones shows.

Perhaps we'll get some early confirmation from Dreamer or his Mountie friend. I believe they are close to the Keith camp.

You took the words right out of my mouth Naturalust..

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 22:06

keefriffhards
Naturalust

you both took the words out of my mouth.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 12, 2015 22:23

have no idea what rumors are floating around, but it seems that if keith did some shows for this solo release it would be say 5 in NYC, 5 in london. the question is, would woody be involved. seems funny this was announced before the tour ended.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 13, 2015 00:05

I agree with NYC and London as likely venues but five shows in each might be wishful thinking.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 13, 2015 00:08

Beast
I agree with NYC and London as likely venues but five shows in each might bewishful thinking.

[Ahem] Forgetting anything?

Toronto
Toronto
Toronto!

[Please and thank you!]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 13, 2015 01:11

Saw Keith during both of his solo tours. The Winos were great and rocked like hell. Mucho better than the Stones IMHO. I can only wonder what they can do now since they and we are all 20 plus years on. Another fun part of going to Keith's shows was seeing the Keith wannabes - all the guys done up to look like the rotten teeth death look Keith. Also gotta wonder if there'll be any of those types around for a Keith solo run this time. They'd be a true circus sideshow.

Date: July 13, 2015 01:35

dmay
Saw Keith during both of his solo tours. The Winos were great and rocked like hell. Mucho better than the Stones IMHO. I can only wonder what they can do now since they and we are all 20 plus years on. Another fun part of going to Keith's shows was seeing the Keith wannabes - all the guys done up to look like the rotten teeth death look Keith. Also gotta wonder if there'll be any of those types around for a Keith solo run this time. They'd be a true circus sideshow.

Could not but help notice while queuing up to see Keith live that his fans were the funniest looking bunch of misfits i have ever seen lol. I can say that as i was one of them.. this was in 92'
As for what to expect, i would say much of the same, possibly even better than 23 years ago.
Been watching him on you tube this tour and just recently he is moving very well, very agile, when not falling over lol. His voice is much better than it used to be IMHO. His playing is almost as good as 92' but not quite.
I feel he gets bored with 5 or 6 of the songs the Stones play each night, so if he does some winos shows i think the challenge will inspire him even more..
Its very exciting, i think the wino's have become like a cult band, they were all very good together. Keith shines his magic on all who play with him..

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 13, 2015 01:42

Hey, keefriffhards - in sync with ya.

Date: July 13, 2015 02:26

dmay
Hey, keefriffhards - in sync with ya.

Oh yeah cool cool smiley

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: July 13, 2015 06:19

The winos rocked so hard on 999 in the youtube videos. Awesome.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 13, 2015 06:35

I saw them in '88, and they were a great rhythm machine. It would be funny if Keith has used the last three years of Stones concerts to finally knock off the rust so he can do a solo tour.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2015 07:33

Turner68
keefriffhards
Naturalust

must have been while he was kissing you

Date: July 13, 2015 16:36

treaclefingers
Turner68
keefriffhards
Naturalust

must have been while he was kissing you

your just jealous

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 13, 2015 17:29

24FPS
I saw them in '88, and they were a great rhythm machine. It would be funny if Keith has used the last three years of Stones concerts to finally knock off the rust so he can do a solo tour.

Based on what I saw Saturday I wouldn't hesitate a second to see him solo. He's pretty much locked in at the moment!!

Date: July 13, 2015 19:22

Maindefender
24FPS

Based on what I saw Saturday I wouldn't hesitate a second to see him solo. He's pretty much locked in at the moment!!

Don't think Keith used these 3 years to get ready for a solo tour but my god its certainly come in handy.
He virtually retired. He said he stopped playing and did not miss it.
I think he embraced a life of sobriety and just stopped playing. He started putting family before music. Then Patti said go on make some music again, its what your best at lol.
Its my opinion that Keith had to basically learn to be Keith Richards again.
The man taught Himself to play again. Everyone was saying he was finished and washed up. Now look at him go, just an incredible human being..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2059
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home