Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21
Re: Buffalo NY USA 11-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 13, 2015 19:50

carlorossi
Sighunt

Sighunt & son at the Ralph on Saturday before showtime.

PS- sorry for the bigness of the picture. I'm not the most computer savvy to get it smaller....

That's fricking cool, the photo says it all and I'm jealous. Alas, my sons are 3 and 1. But tell that boy to get a haircut!

What is really great, my son is REALLY starting to like the Stones. He loves them more than the music his own age group listens to! Saturday was one of the best father-son moments I could have had- priceless!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 13, 2015 19:56

From The Buffalo News:

Taken at Hammer's Lot!

Here's this:

Taken TO Hammer's Lot!

Check out the band in the background!
Tailgating there was wonderful.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 13, 2015 20:05

Kurt
From The Buffalo News:

Taken at Hammer's Lot!

Here's this:

Taken TO Hammer's Lot!

I agree, totally a great time!!!

Rolling Stones - Buffalo NY, July 11 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 14, 2015 00:52

Keith in Buffalo. Ralph Wilson Stadium on Saturday night. July 11th.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: July 14, 2015 01:56

Ronnie, Buffalo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-14 01:57 by Snoopy.

Re: Rolling Stones - Buffalo NY, July 11 2015
Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: July 14, 2015 02:26

what a classic!

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 03:16

Tom Petty was actually there. A friend of mine did security in the dressing rooms and said Tom Petty was back there hanging out with the band.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 14, 2015 03:19

Still on cloud 9 from the Buffalo show. Having seen 30+ shows over the years, I've sort of come to the conclusion that the Stones put on, nearly always, at least a very good show. And then there are those special nights when they put on a truly GREAT show. Buffalo, IMHO, was a great show. As others have mentioned, and rightly so - that might be due to a number of factors. From an audience member's perspective, things like where you sat, who you went with, the kind of mood you were in, pre-show 'festivities' etc. all come into play. And for the band, how hard the band is rocking and the sound quality are but two variables. The other Zip Code show I went to was Milwaukee, and I had high hopes, but was a bit disappointed. Again, part of that was a stressful day getting there (a delayed flight) and the fact that I had no time to party at all, and it was mid-week and I had to fly back to Boston, and work, the next morning. Add to that, the sound quality, as others have noted, was not very good. Almost like the stadium sound set up was just 'too much' for the smaller space. That all said, I'm still glad I went. Probably a better set list overall than Buffalo, and finally getting Moonlight Mile? Let's just say at the end of that song I said 'I can die happy now.'
Buffalo was an entirely different atmosphere and vibe. A Saturday night, with my best friend and a great crowd. The Stones just seemed to rock out every song Saturday. Much like listening to the SF LA Fonda show - listen to that 7+ minute version of Brown Sugar for instance. You can just tell the band was totally 'on' that night. No surprise that BV, who likely has seen well over 100 shows, called it 'the best show ever.'
I won't say Buffalo was 'the best' show I ever saw (I have my small list from my 33 shows - the Boston Orpheum sitting at #1) but I do think it was a GREAT show. I wished we got a couple different songs than we did (any of the fan votes other than LSTNT would have been superb), but that's splitting hairs. You can tell by reading other comments/reviews that the band did truly kick ass Saturday night. Let's hope it's not the Last Time. But if it was, what a great way to go.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-14 03:25 by DEmerson.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 14, 2015 04:53

I will have to scroll thru the pictures here. I took tons of pictures in front of the tongue at hammers lot.

Date: July 14, 2015 05:06

Great job Kurt! Thanks for being a good host.

Kurt
From The Buffalo News:

Taken at Hammer's Lot!

Here's this:

Taken TO Hammer's Lot!

Date: July 14, 2015 05:06

Kurt, you made the internet! Thanks for being a good host. Hammers Lot was a great tailgate spot.

Kurt
From The Buffalo News:

Taken at Hammer's Lot!

Here's this:

Taken TO Hammer's Lot!

Date: July 14, 2015 06:15

Just a little postscript I want to add, on the way home to Rochester after the concert, the local radio station (I think it was 96.?) did a concert review/wrap up, and they were playing full tunes, that if I am not mistaken were taken from the Buffalo show. If I am wrong about this, someone please correct me. I at first thought, no-that can't be right, how could they play tunes from the concert that just ended. But what they played on the radio was perfect sounding live recordings from the show that were just like what I heard that evening (that also confirmed to me just how good the show was listening to it in this fashion). I was even more convinced that I was listening to that night's show when I heard Mick Jagger's in between song chatter and it definitely confirmed that this was recorded in Buffalo! My question is- How can a radio station broadcast this? Is it then possible to get a soundboard of the show? If anyone can fill me in, please do.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 14, 2015 14:26

Wow! Flicking through this thread trying to catch up and reading one positive review after another! Sounds like a really great show, and thanks to everyone's who's posted such great photos (love your pic with your son, Sighunt!).

Never heard of tailgating before this tour started but it looks like great fun - what a good way to start the evening before the show.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 15:03

Sighunt
Just a little postscript I want to add, on the way home to Rochester after the concert, the local radio station (I think it was 96.?) did a concert review/wrap up, and they were playing full tunes, that if I am not mistaken were taken from the Buffalo show. If I am wrong about this, someone please correct me. I at first thought, no-that can't be right, how could they play tunes from the concert that just ended. But what they played on the radio was perfect sounding live recordings from the show that were just like what I heard that evening (that also confirmed to me just how good the show was listening to it in this fashion). I was even more convinced that I was listening to that night's show when I heard Mick Jagger's in between song chatter and it definitely confirmed that this was recorded in Buffalo! My question is- How can a radio station broadcast this? Is it then possible to get a soundboard of the show? If anyone can fill me in, please do.

I did not listen to the broadcast, but the station, 96.9 (97 Rock) has done this for big local concerts dating back to the 1970s. I have ever heard them play a recording of the actual concert, instead they use a mix or released live recordings and studio stuff with audience nice like clapping over the top of it.

Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: July 14, 2015 16:45

Having seen them about 25~30 times since 1994, this was definitely one of the best shows ever!!!

Gotta LOVE LOVE LOVE the shows where EVERYONE is on their feet, for the ENTIRE performance - the energy resonating between the crowd and band keeps going back and forth... STELLAR.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:15

Another fantastic show by the Rolling Stones. Not much to add to what's already been said by other reviewers. Great crowd, beautiful summer night, great music. Explosive start with Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Loved Mick’s harp playing and interaction with Keith on Out of Control. Midnight Rambler continues to be a showstopper. Would have loved to hear Moonlight Mile, but I shouldn’t complain since I saw them perform it in Dallas.

This band is playing with a passion & intensity that is astounding. The energy rocking back and forth between the band and the crowd is thrilling. And the music -- that wobble, Mick's voice and performance, Keith & Ronnie's guitars, Charlie's driving, swinging beat -- is loud, gritty and beautiful.

To me, the Rolling Stones and their music have always been about fighting thru the obstacles that life presents with a ragged, grace and beauty. That attitude and their great songs and music is what set them apart. None of that has changed. This band is playing like they have something to prove, Like it's 1962 or 1969 or 1978 or 2014.

It’s a shame that this tour is coming to an end because the band is tight and in a groove, and I’m saddened that this may be the last time I get to see this great band. But if so, what a magnificent finish.

Here are a few pics i took from an incredible show:

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: July 14, 2015 18:58

KeefRichards88
Tom Petty was actually there. A friend of mine did security in the dressing rooms and said Tom Petty was back there hanging out with the band.
yes, i saw him on my way in -
(tom petty, not your friend doing security in the dressing rooms) (i may have also seen your friend as well without realizing. i did realize that i saw tom petty.)

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 14, 2015 19:48

CloudCat
KeefRichards88
(tom petty, not your friend doing security in the dressing rooms) (i may have also seen your friend as well without realizing. i did realize that i saw tom petty.)

Okay so that was Petty, he looked good!! So I'm also calling out a Lucinda Williams sighting at the show Saturday. She looked real good….haha

Date: July 14, 2015 19:53

buffalo7478
Sighunt

I did not listen to the broadcast, but the station, 96.9 (97 Rock) has done this for big local concerts dating back to the 1970s. I have ever heard them play a recording of the actual concert, instead they use a mix or released live recordings and studio stuff with audience nice like clapping over the top of it.

THanks for sharing. After I thought about it, I didn't think that it was probable that a radio station would or could re-broadcast a just completed concert. Just wishful thinking on my part!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 14, 2015 21:06

GS1978
To me, the Rolling Stones and their music have always been about fighting thru the obstacles that life presents
with a ragged grace and beauty. That attitude and their great songs and music is what set them apart.
None of that has changed.

Thank you for that wonderful observation and for the gorgeous photos.

Hail hail Rolling Stones

Date: July 14, 2015 22:03

Maindefender
CloudCat
KeefRichards88

Okay so that was Petty, he looked good!!

yes, he did look pretty good

Date: July 14, 2015 22:06

with sssoul
GS1978
To me, the Rolling Stones and their music have always been about fighting thru the obstacles that life presents
with a ragged grace and beauty. That attitude and their great songs and music is what set them apart.

Hail hail Rolling Stones

very nicely presented -- ragged grace and beauty, indeed.
great photos! where were you sitting?

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 14, 2015 22:47

Where are the backstage photos with the band if that was Petty?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 14, 2015 23:32

Wow. Just some great photos on this thread. Kudos to all who posted them and a nod to ruskafarian who sat and took photos of the aftermath, that was cool.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 15, 2015 00:45

This was my 54 since 1975. Might be the best one ever. Boy did my wife and i have a great time. 72 hours later and that's all we are talking about.

Re: Rolling Stones - Buffalo NY, July 11 2015
Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:07

awesome pic

Date: July 15, 2015 04:14

I was close up and took some good vids with good sound IMHO. Playlist here. [www.youtube.com]

Had a pretty good ticket but last minute found a Row 8 next to the catwalk for really decent price. I missed the opening act but worth it to find a great ticket.

Let me know your thoughts.

I don't watch the show thru the camera so sometimes camera drifts off center or cuts off heads. smiling smiley Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS19 pocket camera - takes good concert vids and sound, rotten pics.

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: July 15, 2015 04:26

Same as it ever was. cool smiley

Date: July 15, 2015 04:58

Richie Sambora and his girlfriend Orianthi were in C section near the catwalk maybe about row 20 - friend has pic and Ori posted that they went as birthday present for Richie. My friend said security came and got them with 2 songs left to get out early - probably backstage. smiling smiley

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: July 15, 2015 05:28

CloudCat
with sssoul
GS1978

Hail hail Rolling Stones

very nicely presented -- ragged grace and beauty, indeed.
great photos! where were you sitting?

Thx ssoul & CloudCat

I started off in 6th row section C by cat walk with my son (who’s 20 and 1st saw the Stones with me in 2002 when he was 7). After LSTNT I switched seats with my nephew and later my brother so they could enjoy the great seats. Watched the rest of the show from the 15th row in section C.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home