Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21
Re: Buffalo NY USA 11-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:00

kitoise

I'll be happy to have the whole front-page of the printed paper edition if you can capture it???

Should look like this one:

The Buffalo News e-edition ยท Online-only subscription: $2.49

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-12 17:20 by Irix.

Rolling Stones - Buffalo NY, July 11 2015
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:00

Date: July 12, 2015 17:01

Date: July 12, 2015 17:02

Date: July 12, 2015 17:03

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:05

The Sicilian
Some things that stuck out in my memory:

The crowd stood in the entire stadium from beginning to the end of show, pumping fists, jumping around, dancing, and yelling in a typical rowdy Buffalo atmosphere.

Using the binoculars, I noticed at the corners of the floor at the beginning of the cat walk is marked with a strip of green and orange tape maybe to prevent Mick or Keith from falling.

Mick spits on stage and in the security space a few times and pretty heavy.

Keith and Ron both playing lead over each other on a Tumbling Dice chorus but the song was brilliant.

Micks teleprompter.

Mick and Keith are more friendlier and interactive with each other.

CYHMK was great to hear. But hearing YGMR was a little letdown except the crowd loved it.

Wild Horses was played like it being taped for a CD, almost a flawless version.

Then that dreaded cow bell...

Loved the Rick James snippet.

Wondered why Mick waits until the church choir is on stage to drop the lone F-bomb on the crowd. He has done it in other cities too.

Jagger seemed to be dancing and running around a lot at this show, especially in Out Of Control.

Love the concert atmosphere inside and out. The hotties were out in force tonight including many gorgeous Canadian women.

It's always a good feeling when The Stones are playing your city because you know they belong to your town for the evening with a couple nights to spare.

I'm surprised you went.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:12

The Sicilian
Some things that stuck out in my memory:

The crowd stood in the entire stadium from beginning to the end of show, pumping fists, jumping around, dancing, and yelling in a typical rowdy Buffalo atmosphere.

Using the binoculars, I noticed at the corners of the floor at the beginning of the cat walk is marked with a strip of green and orange tape maybe to prevent Mick or Keith from falling.

Mick spits on stage and in the security space a few times and pretty heavy.

Keith and Ron both playing lead over each other on a Tumbling Dice chorus but the song was brilliant.

Micks teleprompter.

Mick and Keith are more friendlier and interactive with each other.

CYHMK was great to hear. But hearing YGMR was a little letdown except the crowd loved it.

Wild Horses was played like it being taped for a CD, almost a flawless version.

Then that dreaded cow bell...

Loved the Rick James snippet.

Wondered why Mick waits until the church choir is on stage to drop the lone F-bomb on the crowd. He has done it in other cities too.

Jagger seemed to be dancing and running around a lot at this show, especially in Out Of Control.

Love the concert atmosphere inside and out. The hotties were out in force tonight including many gorgeous Canadian women.

It's always a good feeling when The Stones are playing your city because you know they belong to your town for the evening with a couple nights to spare.

Nice writeup. Thanks!

Congrats on not breaking the bank to see the Stones. Very pro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-12 17:16 by andrewt.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:24

The reviewer in the Buffalo news says:
"These faces belong on currency." I'm saying, how about at least on a postage stamp? Oh, yeah.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:30

angee

I'm saying, how about at least on a postage stamp?

Appropriate to (the) "ZIP-Code" (Tour) .... winking smiley

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:34

Wow! Sounds like it was a hot show, and some of those pictures are amazing.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 12, 2015 17:56

Sympathy

Satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-12 17:59 by maumau.

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:39

Thanks Irix for your help; it's what I wanted (quality?).
Have a nice day!

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 18:49

SFTD : failing to be convincing (it has never been for years IMO) Keith solo is not a disaster.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 12, 2015 20:20

MingSubu
Koen
For that guy who was complaining about Argentinian flag-wavers:

grinning smiley

thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 12, 2015 20:29

Cristiano Radtke
MingSubu
Koen
For that guy who was complaining about Argentinian flag-wavers:

grinning smiley

thumbs up

+thumbs up

@Koen: would you please point me to that complaining words, I would like to read them by myself. TIA

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 12, 2015 20:30

Great reviews, great pics..thanks everyone.

Mick looks like he's put on a little weight, which is good. He was looking too thin last year. Glad to see him looking so healthy and happy.

What a band...bless them all. On to Quebec and then???

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 12, 2015 20:53

@Quique-stone: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:22

My last scared Stones shows from 1997 to 2005 I really thought that Keith was jus posing...a shadow of his former self. A clown on stage, trying to entertain. Same with Ronnie. The guitar-dominated band I grew up with was gone.

Well, with some of the reviews from this tour talking about guitars being up in the mix, particularly Keith's and Ronnie being on fire, etc....I thought were just exaggerations...written by fans who were trying to be kind. The Stones probably walk on water in their eyes and can do not wrong.

I cannot believe how wrong I was! Last night Keith played like a man with a mission. He was BACK. He played passionate, powerful rhythm and DROVE the band. When he took a lead, he was tight and focused. His two song journey to the microphone was actually GOOD. Normally a beer/restroom break for me, I could not leave my seat or stop watching him and Ronnie.

The Stones of the early- to mid-70s were back. Guitar driven. Loud.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Wild Horses were highlights for me. I had heard several bootleg versions of CYHMK and they were horrible. No power. Keith messing up his parts. Ronnie's leads weak and unfocused. Sometimes with a slower tempo. Last night they killed it. Karl and Ronnie played off each other nicely. Karl seems to have really settled in with the band.

Wherever they extend this tour to...GO. YOU may have seen them 20 times since 1978. It doesn't matter. This is a re-invigorated band, a different experience than virtually every Stones show I have seen since first seeing them in 1978. I wish I could go to Quebec!

The only low points for me in this show, and they weren't very low, were still having Miss You in the set (but the crowd loved it so I can see why they play it), and playing Out Of Control and You Got Me Rocking (which while both good songs, I have seen both played several times and would have liked more Sticky Fingers...but both were played well and the crowd especially loved You Got Me Rocking).

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:31

buffalo7478
My last scared Stones shows from 1997 to 2005 I really thought that Keith was jus posing...a shadow of his former self. A clown on stage, trying to entertain. Same with Ronnie. The guitar-dominated band I grew up with was gone.

Think the same. However, hard to read such finding in a IORR review !!! Only sempiternel "best show ever", "awesome"... drinking smiley

Lucidity comes back only to say that the last tour is (off course) the best since the previous spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Fascinating.

Thanks buffalo7478.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-12 21:35 by powerage78.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:45

buffalo7478

Well, with some of the reviews from this tour talking about guitars being up in the mix, particularly Keith's and Ronnie being on fire, etc....I thought were just exaggerations...written by fans who were trying to be kind. The Stones probably walk on water in their eyes and can do not wrong.

I cannot believe how wrong I was! Last night Keith played like a man with a mission. He was BACK. He played passionate, powerful rhythm and DROVE the band. When he took a lead, he was tight and focused. His two song journey to the microphone was actually GOOD. Normally a beer/restroom break for me, I could not leave my seat or stop watching him and Ronnie.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Wild Horses were highlights for me. I had heard several bootleg versions of CYHMK and they were horrible. No power. Keith messing up his parts. Ronnie's leads weak and unfocused. Sometimes with a slower tempo. Last night they killed it. Karl and Ronnie played off each other nicely. Karl seems to have really settled in with the band.

Wherever they extend this tour to...GO. YOU may have seen them 20 times since 1978. It doesn't matter. This is a re-invigorated band, a different experience than virtually every Stones show I have seen since first seeing them in 1978.

Great great review! Thx a lot! thumbs up

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:59

Show #33 for me and it was a Gas. Really good - a hot show on all levels. Loved it. Special shout out to Michelle (luvthejag43) and her BF without whom, me and my buddy may have spent the night sleeping in a field.
Was hoping for any fan choice other than LSTNT but other than that a great fun show. Thank u Buffalo.

Re: Rolling Stones - Buffalo NY, July 11 2015
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 22:10

bye bye johnny

Awesome one of Keith

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 12, 2015 22:15

buffalo7478

Last night Keith played like a man with a mission. He was BACK. He played passionate, powerful rhythm and DROVE the band. When he took a lead, he was tight and focused. His two song journey to the microphone was actually GOOD. Normally a beer/restroom break for me, I could not leave my seat or stop watching him and Ronnie.

The only low points for me in this show, and they weren't very low, were still having Miss You in the set (but the crowd loved it so I can see why they play it), and playing Out Of Control and You Got Me Rocking (which while both good songs, I have seen both played several times and would have liked more Sticky Fingers...but both were played well and the crowd especially loved You Got Me Rocking).

Buffalo7478- As a paying spectator, from where I was sitting, I do agree with a lot of your assessment. What a treat it was to hear CYHMK. I was so hoping for that one and wishing Moonlight Mile would make an appearance. Had they played the latter, I probably would have wet my pants (LOL). And yes, the version of CYHMK finally clicked last night. They really got that one together. Great to hear.
Since the Stones have re-assembled in 2012, I admit that I have been pretty critical of Keith's playing-especially from what I saw of him previously in 2013. At last night's show he was definitely more focused and he certainly upped his game since the last time I saw him. However, IMHO, using sports terminology (they did play in the Ralph last night) if I had to give MVP awards, it would (with the exclusion of Jagger who we know is a marvel of modern science) go to Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts who have been doing a lot of the heavy lifting as of late.
All in all a great show. If this turns out to be my last US date proper, what a way to go!

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 12, 2015 22:52

This show was amazing. I don't care that they didn't dig too deep with the setlist, I was dancing the whole way through. The crowd (at least in my area) was great, everyone was on their feet. I will post a full review when I have more time. We also made our way down the street from our Hostel to the Hyatt for breakfast this morning and saw Karl Denson and Chuck before we had to go catch our bus so that was exciting.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 12, 2015 23:13

alieb
...and saw ...Chuck before we had to go catch our bus so that was exciting.

A sentence I never thought I'd see... grinning smiley

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 13, 2015 00:11

SomeTorontoGirl
alieb
...and saw ...Chuck before we had to go catch our bus so that was exciting.

A sentence I never thought I'd see... grinning smiley

hahah he was wearing pyjamas and loafers in the lobby it was pretty great

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 00:19

Haven't read thru all the comments yet and couldn't connect during the show for some reason. Not much variation in the set list with actual choices. For me, I only got 1 new one that I hadn't heard before but it was a doozy: Wild Horses!!!! Opened with JJF - no complaints there. They really mixed up the order and I loved that. It wasn't the standard run to the end like a lot of shows. And has there ever been a show where they've played so many of their 'jam' songs at one show????? Rambler, Shelter, CYHMK, OOC. Really great versions of them all and no one seemed to wanna stop any of them. It was a tremendously awesome show!!!! Really had a blast. Loved the drunk lady in front of me who when asked if those were her seats just said Oh I don't know and kept moving around to different rows talking with strangers before her husband/BF? came back and called her to the original seats in front of me. Just classic. Great time. First show solo but I'm so glad I did it. Even more sad now that I sat out the 50 Licks tour. First tour I'd missed since Bridges. Drove straight thru the night back to CT. 6 hours. Loved St Paul too. Really got the place going. I'd never heard of them but I'll definitely have to check em out. Is there really anything better in this life than a Rolling Stones concert? Thru all the BS of life, there is always the Stones. They transcend everything and speak to millions. Loved YCAGWYW with the choir. Sympathy was prob one of my favorite versions ever with the screen flames and Mick coming thru them. Loved the intro, which I filmed. Just a great great time. So good to be back obsessed with the world's greatest rock n roll band.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 02:03 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 00:33

Just want thank buffalo7478 for sharing grill an all the other iorr guys an gals for helping us enjoy another great show. It was a great weekend thank you Rolling Stones may you never grow to old.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 01:06

Not sure who asked if I would post a picture of the shidoobee (and others) pre-party held at Danny's but here you go. Over 200 plus enjoyed the afternoon and earlier evening before the show.

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 01:07

As to the show itself, wonderful crowd, Keith and Ronnie were on fire and we got CYHMK!!!

One more opportunity to catch them before this segment of the tour is over and if you get the chance, make sure you hit Quebec City!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 17 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home