Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 21
Re: Buffalo NY USA 11-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:35

Date: July 12, 2015 01:37

Doing tonight's set list for #Buffalo @RollingStones

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:39

You Got Me Rocking or You Got To Move ?

Date: July 12, 2015 01:40

Koen

Good catch! >grinning smiley<
My guess is You Got me Rocking.

Date: July 12, 2015 01:45

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:46

latebloomer
JTHanis
No disrespect to the City of Buffalo, but the possible last US show ever can't be in Buffalo.

I'm supposed to be there, but earlier this week my wife was in the hospital so she finally knows the answer of what's more important, her or Mick.

I hope you're wife is recovering nicely, JTHanis, and I think Mick will understand. smiling smiley

Thank you. I'm taking it as a sign that I will have another chance to see him. The ride isn't over.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:49

Cristiano Radtke
Koen

I guess that's the obscure sing for the final show.....yay

Date: July 12, 2015 01:51

JTHanis
latebloomer
JTHanis
No disrespect to the City of Buffalo, but the possible last US show ever can't be in Buffalo.

I'm supposed to be there, but earlier this week my wife was in the hospital so she finally knows the answer of what's more important, her or Mick.

I hope you're wife is recovering nicely, JTHanis, and I think Mick will understand. smiling smiley

Thank you. I'm taking it as a sign that I will have another chance to see him. The ride isn't over.

Wishing your wife can recover soon and that both of you hopefully can see them together. smileys with beer

Date: July 12, 2015 01:52

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 12, 2015 01:52

Supposedly CYHMK during soundcheck

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:04

mjmjr
Cristiano Radtke
Koen

I guess that's the obscure sing for the final show.....yay

I'm guessing it's not "you better move on"

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:05

Cristiano Radtke
Koen

It's clearly Got Me Rocking since it so early in the setlist. We can also see ''SH'' and then ''ts'' so SPOILER ALERT, here's the first three songs:
JFF
IORR
YGMR

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:07

open-g
Then and now. 40 years ago!

[twitter.com]

That looks more like the 78 Buffalo stage unless my memory escapes me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-12 02:08 by virgil.

Posted by: baldboy ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:13

hope your wife is better. ...

as for the Stones, that's the 1978 stage at then Rich Stadium, not 1975 when they played the old War Memorial Aud. 1978 was the stripped down Some Girls tour, my very first concert, with my younger brother, and it was our favorite band, the Stones, who couldn't/didn't come to Canada that year due to Keith Richards' drug issues in Toronto, so we went to Buffalo to see them. amazing show, just 1.5 hours but rocked, big middle section of if I recall 8 of 10 Some Girls tunes.. afternoon show, no encore and as a result people tore down the stage, according to reports (our bus tour had left by then). April Wine, Atlanta Rhythm Section and the pre-Steve Perry somewhat psychaedelic Journey opened...Stones rocked that day and there were at least 20,000 Canadians there from reports. 1978 tour along with No Security 1999 to me seems among the 'forgotten' tours for whatever reason though 1978 since more celebrated due to live in Texas DVD, I wish they'd release something official from No Security, another great tour. Seen every Stones tour since 1978 but for 1981 (in northern Canada then) and this one, though saw them in 2013 in Toronto rockin' show, they are playing essentially the same set. my brother and I thought of going to the Buffalo show this time, 37 years later! but traffic, it's a night show, we're old, ha ha whatever, we're not there! have fun everyone! thanks for tolerating this ramble.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:16

baldboy
hope your wife is better. ...

as for the Stones, that's the 1978 stage at then Rich Stadium, not 1975 when they played the old War Memorial Aud. 1978 was the stripped down Some Girls tour, my very first concert, with my younger brother, and it was our favorite band, the Stones, who couldn't/didn't come to Canada that year due to Keith Richards' drug issues in Toronto, so we went to Buffalo to see them. amazing show, just 1.5 hours but rocked, big middle section of if I recall 8 of 10 Some Girls tunes.. afternoon show, no encore and as a result people tore down the stage, according to reports (our bus tour had left by then). April Wine, Atlanta Rhythm Section and the pre-Steve Perry somewhat psychaedelic Journey opened...Stones rocked that day and there were at least 20,000 Canadians there from reports. 1978 tour along with No Security 1999 to me seems among the 'forgotten' tours for whatever reason though 1978 since more celebrated due to live in Texas DVD, I wish they'd release something official from No Security, another great tour. Seen every Stones tour since 1978 but for 1981 (in northern Canada then) and this one, though saw them in 2013 in Toronto rockin' show, they are playing essentially the same set. my brother and I thought of going to the Buffalo show this time, 37 years later! but traffic, it's a night show, we're old, ha ha whatever, we're not there! have fun everyone! thanks for tolerating this ramble.

Thanks Baldboy I was also there and knew that was the stage. thank you

Date: July 12, 2015 02:20

hope your wife is getting better...

as for the photo, that's the 1978 stage from Rich Stadium, July 4, not 1975 when Stones played the old War Memorial arena where the hockey Sabres and basketball Braves played. My brother and I came down from the Toronto area for the Rich Stadium show along with thousands of Canadians as the Stones didn't hit Canada that tour due to Keith Richards' 1977 drug bust in Toronto ... our first concert ever, and it was our favorite band, the Stones, 1.5 hours of classics and a big middle section of Some Girls tunes, essentially the same show as the live in Texas DVD, short but very sweet... April Wine (we missed them, our tour bus stuck in traffic), Journey in the pre-Steve Perry somewhat psychadelic days and Atlanta Rhythm Section then big on their Champagne Jam album and So Into You single opened, afternoon show unlike tonight's...great memories and a somewhat forgotten tour, 1978, stripped down etc, until the release of live in Texas (somewhat like No Security, wish some official DVDs would be released of that tour, it's the outlier tour in that respect now and was a great one). Seen every Stones tour since 1978 but 1981 (was in northern Canada but it was the same, they didn't come to Canada and everyone in Ontario went to Buffalo for the show)...won't be there tonight, my brother and I thought of revisiting 37 years later but we're old, traffic, hassles, night show we'd get home at 4 am and we are dedicated Stones fans but saw them in 2013 in Toronto and they're playing the same set so...enjoy the evening folks, thanks for tolerating this ramble and double posting if it's a double posting (my first attempt didn't seem to go through).

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:20

virgil
open-g
Then and now. 40 years ago!

[twitter.com]

That looks more like the 78 Buffalo stage unless my memory escapes me.

Hmmm...
but it was on the internet.

Date: July 12, 2015 02:23

all good in Stones' lore! cheers.

Date: July 12, 2015 02:25

you know, Stones fans, I still swear the Stones opened that Buffalo show in 1978 with Bye Bye Johnny not Let It Rock though all set lists and Stones books say Let It Rock, but I dunno...anyway, was a great show. saw them in 79 Oshawa (near Toronto) for the blind show too.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:34

My 25th show on my 55th birthday. Could be best birthday ever.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:41

ab
My 25th show on my 55th birthday. Could be best birthday ever.

Happy birthday, with a Rolling Stones show. can it get any better?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 12, 2015 02:53

The Sicilian
Ticketmaster has put up a couple large blocks of tickets for $118 with taxes and fees that says obstructed view. They have been up for awhile in sections 114 and 131. I took a chance and bought two. Now that Cristiano posted a pic of the stage, they look like great seats with an unobstructed view. I hope. If you look at the pic on the right side of the stage, the long section that extends up into the red section is next to the so called obstructed section directly to the left of that going toward the stage. That is section 131 and next to that is the empty section not being used. Section 131 and 114 appear to have perfectly clear views.

So I am off to the show!

Oh sweetie, no! S 131 is side-on, S 132 is even partly obstructed. I went to Guest Services at 6:00 and was told nothing available except obstructed view. Went in, saw my seat and was not happy - no Charlie. So. Went to another GS area - they sent me back to the end zone (opposite end of stadium) where one lonely guy is working. And nobody else there looking for upgrade. Eventually moved to Sec C, row 41. No active offer of upgrade and you really have to hunt for assistance. If stuck in 131/132 you deserve a rebate down to $118. Fight like hell for it!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 12, 2015 03:03

great photos of the 78 and 15 set ups, and thanks for your story baldboy.

have a great night eveyone, and viva periscopers!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 12, 2015 03:09

SomeTorontoGirl

Oh sweetie, no! S 131 is side-on, S 132 is even partly obstructed. I went to Guest Services at 6:00 and was told nothing available except obstructed view. Went in, saw my seat and was not happy - no Charlie. So. Went to another GS area - they sent me back to the end zone (opposite end of stadium) where one lonely guy is working. And nobody else there looking for upgrade. Eventually moved to Sec C, row 41. No active offer of upgrade and you really have to hunt for assistance. If stuck in 131/132 you deserve a rebate down to $118. Fight like hell for it!

Hell yeah! Any seat that doesn't provide a view of Charlie should be considered obstructed view. That is a very good point.

Section C?! That's the front section on Keith's side right? I'd say you got a great upgrade from section 132, no? Good job girl. Have a great time.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: July 12, 2015 03:20

baldboy
hope your wife is getting better...

as for the photo, that's the 1978 stage from Rich Stadium, July 4, not 1975 when Stones played the old War Memorial arena where the hockey Sabres and basketball Braves played. My brother and I came down from the Toronto area for the Rich Stadium show along with thousands of Canadians as the Stones didn't hit Canada that tour due to Keith Richards' 1977 drug bust in Toronto ... our first concert ever, and it was our favorite band, the Stones, 1.5 hours of classics and a big middle section of Some Girls tunes, essentially the same show as the live in Texas DVD, short but very sweet... April Wine (we missed them, our tour bus stuck in traffic), Journey in the pre-Steve Perry somewhat psychadelic days and Atlanta Rhythm Section then big on their Champagne Jam album and So Into You single opened, afternoon show unlike tonight's...great memories and a somewhat forgotten tour, 1978, stripped down etc, until the release of live in Texas (somewhat like No Security, wish some official DVDs would be released of that tour, it's the outlier tour in that respect now and was a great one). Seen every Stones tour since 1978 but 1981 (was in northern Canada but it was the same, they didn't come to Canada and everyone in Ontario went to Buffalo for the show)...won't be there tonight, my brother and I thought of revisiting 37 years later but we're old, traffic, hassles, night show we'd get home at 4 am and we are dedicated Stones fans but saw them in 2013 in Toronto and they're playing the same set so...enjoy the evening folks, thanks for tolerating this ramble and double posting if it's a double posting (my first attempt didn't seem to go through).

The Stones did play Rich Stadium in 1975 but that picture looks like 1978.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 12, 2015 03:21

Full props to St Paul m& the Broken Bones - they're really bringing it!

Date: July 12, 2015 03:24

MickJagger Just going on stage in Buffalo, NY. Everyone here is over the moon about the England cricket win, well done lads! #ENGvsAUS #StonesBuffalo

[twitter.com]

Date: July 12, 2015 03:25

no, they played War Memorial Aud. Rich Stadium was 1978 and 1981. 1975 tour was an arena tour, 78 and 81 football stadiums.

Date: July 12, 2015 03:26

Date: July 12, 2015 03:26

thanks for the thanks on the story! great memories! have fun tonight!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home