Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi OT: Joan Osborne covering Stones
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:24

Any Joan Osborne fans here? I liked her when she first came out in the mid 90's and saw her on tour when she opened for Melissa Etheridge in Vancouver back then. Didn't really follow her after that. Recently saw some of her youtube videos. Unfortunately I don't know how to show them on here. There is one where she and her band are doing an instudio performance at a radio station and they play Hip Shake which I may like even more than the Stones version! Also videos of her doing Beast of Burden and Gimme Shelter. She has a very sexy voice.
Another great youtube clip of her is from the movie Standing in the Shadows of Motown where she sings What Becomes of the Brokenhearted and Heatwave. Hopefully some one more technical than me can upload them here!

Re: Semi OT: Joan Osborne covering Stones
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 11, 2015 00:33

Hip Shake

[www.youtube.com]

Beast Of Burden

[www.youtube.com]

Gimme Shelter

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-11 00:36 by boston2006.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:48

Hip Shake is an incredible cover ...love it.....

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 11, 2015 01:56

Stunning, especially Hip Shake! And she's not opening for them on any shows why?

Date: July 11, 2015 21:16

Would loved to hear her join the band on stage for a song. Have the Stones ever done Hipshake in concert?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 11, 2015 21:49

Hip Shake is a Slim Harpo song. Nevertheless, it's awesome. The Osborne version also has some La Grange feel in it.

Date: July 12, 2015 07:20

It does have a La Grange feel to it! She said what d'ya know, there's Slim Harpo!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home