Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14
Detroit MI USA 8-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:23

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones Detroit MI USA 8-July-2015 show. Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

Comerica Park
Detroit, MI, USA
Wednesday July 8, 2015

Expected show start time 9:30pm local time.

Detroit is on Eastern Standard Time in America. Add 6 hours for Central European time, add 5 hours for UK time and so on.

Detroit city travel info : [www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Re: Detroit MI USA 8-July-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 8, 2015 17:39

smileys with beer

Here's hoping that everyone in attendance has a great time! And for those of us who attempt to follow along at home, let's hope Detroit's cell phone service has plenty of bandwith for our periscopers! If I'm not mistaken, I think some of "IORR's Finest" will be in attendance tonight and, technology willing, those of us at home could have a better experience than last week!

Thanks in advance to all attendees who share their experiences with those of us at home!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:32

mr_dja
smileys with beer

Here's hoping that everyone in attendance has a great time! And for those of us who attempt to follow along at home, let's hope Detroit's cell phone service has plenty of bandwith for our periscopers! If I'm not mistaken, I think some of "IORR's Finest" will be in attendance tonight and, technology willing, those of us at home could have a better experience than last week!

Thanks in advance to all attendees who share their experiences with those of us at home!

To all who will be in attendance, Have a Blast and Rock On!

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:42

Have a nice concert!
Giuseppe.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:43

detroit are you ready to Rock and ROLLLLLLLL?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 8, 2015 18:55

Date: July 8, 2015 18:55

Date: July 8, 2015 19:10

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 8, 2015 19:45

Once again, I love the poster (and shirt). really well done. Detroit, MN. Indy, FLA. Nice stuff (other than the sports-themed stuff, which I hate, but I understand, some people like scotch, some bourbon, and every dollar counts).

Date: July 8, 2015 21:15

Rokyfan
Once again, I love the poster (and shirt). really well done. Detroit, MN. Indy, FLA. Nice stuff (other than the sports-themed stuff, which I hate, but I understand, some people like scotch, some bourbon, and every dollar counts).

Agreed with most... I like that Detroit shirt/poster for what I think are the automobile references but it also looks a bit like the Detroit Red Wings logo which, as a Bruins fan, I can do withoutwinking smiley!

One question though: Can someone local or with knowledge of Detroit explain the "tiger skin" pattern being used on the rally towels? I know the Detroit baseball team is the Tigers but have never really seen the team use much along the way of the actual tiger skin design in their team "stuff". To me that tiger print on the towel seems to look much more like a reference to the Cincinnati Bengals football team.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 8, 2015 21:36

mr_dja
Rokyfan

Agreed with most... I like that Detroit shirt/poster for what I think are the automobile references but it also looks a bit like the Detroit Red Wings logo which, as a Bruins fan, I can do withoutwinking smiley!

One question though: Can someone local or with knowledge of Detroit explain the "tiger skin" pattern being used on the rally towels? I know the Detroit baseball team is the Tigers but have never really seen the team use much along the way of the actual tiger skin design in their team "stuff". To me that tiger print on the towel seems to look much more like a reference to the Cincinnati Bengals football team.

Yeah I've never seen the tiger skin pattern much exploited by the Detroit Tigers but have seen full on tiger heads used in their merch. I'm surprised they didn't just use a tiger head with a Stones tongue but maybe they are a bit conservative now in light of probably having to pay out after the recent copyright infringement claims.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 21:44

Detroit Detroit ....strong smell of Ain't too proud to beg

Date: July 8, 2015 21:50

Naturalust

Yeah I've never seen the tiger skin pattern much exploited by the Detroit Tigers but have seen full on tiger heads used in their merch.

Here's another sample from their official website [detroit.tigers.mlb.com] :

Date: July 8, 2015 22:16

Thanks for doing the addition research Naturalust and Irix! Hopefully the "Detroit locals" are seeing the tiger print as a local reference more so than some of us sitting at home (at least I know that NL & I aren't local to Detroit, maybe Irix is, I'm not sure).

Apologies for the side trip into "local merchandise discussionville". Back to looking forward to the show!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: July 8, 2015 22:20

Any info on LD pickups? Never got the email with the LD info specific to this show like I did for Columbus...

Date: July 8, 2015 22:40

mr_dja

Thanks for doing the addition research Naturalust and Irix!

My pleasure! I have the FOCS-Ticket too for each Show on this Tour - Front of Computer Screen .... at the moment I'm 4230 miles away from Detroit. smiling smiley

Date: July 8, 2015 22:45

From [en.wikipedia.org] : "The Detroit Tigers are a Major League Baseball team based in Detroit, Michigan. The team currently plays its home games at Comerica Park in Downtown Detroit."

[Twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-08 23:10 by Irix.

Date: July 8, 2015 22:54

Irix
mr_dja

Thanks for doing the addition research Naturalust and Irix!

My pleasure! I have the FOCS-Ticket too for each Show on this Tour - Front of Computer Screen .... at the moment I'm 4230 miles away from Detroit. smiling smiley

LOVE IT!!! "FOCS-Tickets" That's great! I suddenly feel so close... I'm only 514 miles away now but by showtime I'll be home and 540 miles away. Planning on enjoying my FOCS seat with some good whiskey!

And I'll still be envious of all who are actually in the stadium! Hope EVERYONE has a great time tonight!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 8, 2015 23:46

I love that FOCS-Ticket.

Unfortunately haven't got one tonight , but will look on IORR tomorrow morning sometime here in Spain.
Been 41C and very sunny and hot here today,so pretty tired now with the heat and stuff to do etc.

Will be in bed within an hour.

Have a great night. smileys with beer

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 9, 2015 00:22

Tickets prices remain steady so probably selling
well. We expect 40k.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 9, 2015 00:28

Soundcheck - Rocksoff! (thanks to Kurt)

Date: July 9, 2015 00:32

Soundcheck - Just My Imagination !

Date: July 9, 2015 00:34

Kurt is Periscoping. Just My Imagination sounds great!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 9, 2015 00:46

^^^
Do you have a link or Kurt's twitter handle, please? I'd love to listen in smiling smiley.

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: July 9, 2015 00:54

I hope to scope most of the show from section 114 down low. Have portable battery.

My first scope. Hoping for the best.

Harold

@matinee72

Date: July 9, 2015 00:57

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 9, 2015 00:58

Thanks for the infos, Drake. It seems the people in Detroit will have a great concert tonight. smileys with beer

Date: July 9, 2015 01:01

Thanks 4 the link, Drake smileys with beer

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: July 9, 2015 01:05

Thank you kindly for the link Drake!

smoking smiley

Date: July 9, 2015 01:07

Kurt's Periscope of Imagination sounded FANTASTIC!!! Chills down my spine. Bet they'll do it tonight as a tribute to Motown smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-09 01:08 by Plink.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home