Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: The best/funniest posts ever on IORR
Date: July 3, 2015 00:53

The Sicilian
All the posters who claimed to "give up" on IORR and sign off for good, then a bunch of people plead with them to stay, then within a day are back posting.

That observation is the last straw! I'm done with IORR, goodbye forever! Maybe I can find a nice Beatles fan-site/message board... winking smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:32

I agree that drbryant's Onlystones spoof was one of the most hilarious posts in recent memory!

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:36

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
The Sicilian
All the posters who claimed to "give up" on IORR and sign off for good, then a bunch of people plead with them to stay, then within a day are back posting.

That observation is the last straw! I'm done with IORR, goodbye forever! Maybe I can find a nice Beatles fan-site/message board... winking smiley

Please. You'll be back as soon as you hear the praises the Beatles fans heap onto Sgt. Pepper's, even though it's not even as good as GHS.

smileys with beersmileys with beerRe: The best/funniest posts ever on IORR
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:39

andrewt
Someone else came up with this, but I don't have the original, so here's a recreation, and i'm most likely paraphrasing.

But I howled when I saw this.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

I am honored.

[www.iorr.org]

Date: July 3, 2015 01:41

HearMeKnockin
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
The Sicilian

Please. You'll be back as soon as you hear the praises the Beatles fans heap onto Sgt. Pepper's, even though it's not even as good as GHS.

...I was kidding, but you, sir, took this to a WHOLE. NEW. LEVEL!!! winking smiley

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 3, 2015 01:43

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
HearMeKnockin
BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
The Sicilian

...I was kidding, but you, sir, took this to a WHOLE. NEW. LEVEL!!! winking smiley

I hope I didn't just start World War III with that comment... tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:19

Maybe not the best, but certainly one of the funniest--in the "laughing in church" sense--was when, during one of the recent mini-tours, a trolling "day poster", while a concert was in progress, posted several jokey threads all over page 1, one of which was titled "Lisa's Farts".

Because the moderator was occupied with the concert and wasn't logging onto IORR with the usual frequency, "Lisa's Farts" lingered for upwards of 18 hours before the joke threads and the day poster were both banished forever.

And you'd think, what if the Stones or some of the people in their organization or even friends and family members were logging onto IORR to check for concert reaction both during and after? These several posts were in plain view on page 1 for hours after the concert.

Otherwise, the "best/funniest" were always by StonesTod, may he rest in post.

Although Mathijs telling a fellow poster that "I would like to fart on your face" was a pretty hilarious response in a discussion where disagreement had arisen.

Date: July 3, 2015 02:23

For awhile people were posting those shred videos. The Jagger/Bowie one still makes me giggle like a little girl.

Scotty
Irvine, Ca.

See you in Detroit!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:31

BV turnin' the cold shower on in the girls room ... the squeeeling was deafening

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:31

Stonestod definitely thought "out of the box" ! The recent "who is this bv character I keep reading about" thread by a long time member was pretty (unintentionally) funny too;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:34

Rockman
BV turnin' the cold shower on in the girls room ... the squeeeling was deafening

So that was you lurking outside listening, huh? I knew it! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:35

Rockman

No, this board isn't sexist at all. A well-reasoned calm post or 2 about that is "squealing"? Thanks Rockman, thought you were a little better than that.

Date: July 3, 2015 02:35

I knew I'd cop it ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:45

swiss
Rockman

No, this board isn't sexist at all. A well-reasoned calm post or 2 about that is "squealing"? Thanks Rockman, thought you were a little better than that.

Well since the sexism thing came up and this thread is about funny, you've got to love how the Norweigen Women's football team dealt with it. grinning smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 02:47 by Naturalust.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:47

I agree that the funniest event during this tour was onlystones trip into his own mind and out his ass.

that really was very creative, and dbryant's satire was great too.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2015 02:58

peoplewitheyes
I agree that the funniest event during this tour was onlystones trip into his own mind and out his ass.

drbryant for the win, though. thumbs up

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:24

Rockman suggesting they play Sister Morphene when they were rehearsing in a mental hospital in Australia. Rockman makes me laugh every day,,,,

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:33

peoplewitheyes

It was unintentionally funny the way he made himself out to be the Ultimate Fan. "I will provide women, drugs, cash, a nail from the True Cross. This is why I exist!" Amusing but unimpressive.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:44

DoomandGloom
Rockman suggesting they play Sister Morphene when they were rehearsing in a mental hospital in Australia. Rockman makes me laugh every day,,,,

I think Rockee checked himself in for a three day evaluation during those rehearsals. Got sane just in time to make the show. grinning smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:46

Your not supposed to open old posts so I will only mention this gem. There was a Subject Line typo error of this sort: The Tour of 1792 and should be 1972. Needless to say, throwing meat to the lions here.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 3, 2015 03:46

I didn't find Onlystones mythomania funny. Rather sad actually. I felt sorry for him.

Re: smileys with beersmileys with beerRe: The best/funniest posts ever on IORR
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 3, 2015 04:09

bleedingman
andrewt
Someone else came up with this, but I don't have the original, so here's a recreation, and i'm most likely paraphrasing.

But I howled when I saw this.

I am honored.

[www.iorr.org]

Allright! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 04:14 by andrewt.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 3, 2015 04:16

This one from bv made me chuckle...

"Re: San Diego CA USA 24-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 26, 2015 01:10

I don't understand why people waste their own time - and others - by complaining about set lists. If you don't like it, then feel free to feel that way, but really, we are not interested.

You don't really walk up to a lady and say up to her face: "I don't like the way you look - You are ugly in my eyes". Well if you have bad manners and a bad day, and it makes you feel better, on your own, then I understand why people do so, but it is not really interesting.

If you did not go to the show, it is not really interesting at all. If you did go to the show, and you did not like the set list, you must be mainac, first of all paying for the ticket, secondly for going to a fan web site like IORR, thirtly to post negitivity about set lists here, because they have done the same songs for 40-50 years. IT IS THE STONES!!!!

It is like complaining about the sunset. Surprise surprise, it happens every day.

For those who enjoy banging their head against the wall, I have good news. It feels so good when you stop doing it. Also, as a substitute of banging your head, here is a less painful place for you:

The ticket prices and other complaints thread : [www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf"

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 3, 2015 04:34

I see what you did there.

And now, this.

Gompfest 2013

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 3, 2015 04:51

andrewt
Gompfest 2013

How the hell did I miss that? Hilarious!

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 3, 2015 11:12

The onlystones saga is very likely not over since he's had another two accounts banned since then. He'll probably be back under yet another username. What he did in and of itself wasn't cool, and yes, he seems like a quite troubled guy who seems to get some sort of validation out of posting the stuff he does on IORR, which is sad. Taken as a whole, though, it was kind of funny, both for drbryant's response and for the spectacle of IORRians realising en masse that not everything posted on the internet is true.

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: July 3, 2015 11:22

mr edward
What about Potted Shrimp's mad love for Meg White?

We are married now. Had to forgive her for the sex tape and this fling with David Letterman, but at least she quitted the White Stripes for me...

Date: July 3, 2015 11:36

Meg Newman ... mmm you guys should think about
putting out a range of pasta sauces and salad dressings

ROCKMAN

Posted by: relms ()
Date: July 3, 2015 13:11

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: July 3, 2015 14:06

This one is the funniest thing I've ever read on iorr:

stonesmuziekfan
Deltics
It is the version from the "Ruby Tuesday" CD single. Mine is timed at 4:12 despite what it says on the label.

this makes me think of a practicle joke.

An American landowner told his dutch friend.....It takes me half a day to drive from one end of my land to the other end.
The dutch friend answered.....I did own such a car once.

meaning; does your player run too fast or too slow? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 14:08 by eduardoacdc.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1609
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home