Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: The best/funniest posts ever on IORR
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 6, 2015 01:34

Vegemite. Marmite. You guys are ganging up on me to make me gag! Must go wash my mouth out with scotch.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 6, 2015 01:40

SomeTorontoGirl
Vegemite. Marmite. You guys are ganging up on me to make me gag! Must go wash my mouth out with scotch.

Haha, I think Marmite is something you have to grow up with, and I imagine the same applies to Vegemite. grinning smiley

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 6, 2015 01:40

As much as I have enjoyed Marmite in the past, to get back on topic...

Dean Goodman's review of the 2012 Barclays Center show stands out for me:

[www.iorr.org]

Olly.

Date: July 6, 2015 19:09

treaclefingers
I think there's a product called "Summer's Eve" can address this issue.

...and in the Funniest Threads thread! Well played.

Irony - more delicious than Marmite.

Date: July 6, 2015 22:17

I have often heard that truly evil people know they are finished once people start laughing at them. It diminished them and any illusion of power or control they have. And seriously pisses them off.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 6, 2015 22:21

SomeTorontoGirl
I have often heard that truly evil people know they are finished once people start laughing at them. It diminished them and any illusion of power or control they have. And seriously pisses them off.

That's just truly evil Canadian people...round here evil people shoot forth lasers from their eyes if you dare laugh...

Date: July 6, 2015 22:24

Truly evil Canucks? Not even M. Cohl... grinning smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 6, 2015 22:25

SomeTorontoGirl

SomeTorontoGirl..Work the opposite if ya were a Clown or Comedian they're stop laughing at ya..yea

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: July 6, 2015 22:28

colonial
SomeTorontoGirl..Work the opposite if ya were a Clown or Comedian they're stop laughing at ya..yea

Clowns are truly evil. angry smiley

Date: July 6, 2015 22:31

SomeTorontoGirl
Truly evil Canucks? Not even M. Cohl... grinning smiley

Ahhhh....but you forget Dr. tongue and his evil house of pancakes...full blooded Canadian...

Date: July 6, 2015 22:33

Munichhilton
Ahhhh....but you forget Dr. tongue and his evil house of pancakes...full blooded Canadian...

The horror! The horror!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2015 23:53

DoomandGloom
It's about time people get this right. Horror is not for humor. Often fringe people grasp on to concepts most others would dismiss. We must reinforce the notion that there is no more room for evil in our world, many are still drawn to the images for the world's most savage times, satire has been twisted in recent years to a secret code where bigots congregate.

I was just heading out to a book burning D&G, and was wondering if you'd be able to give me a lift downtown?

Date: July 6, 2015 23:55

stonehearted
Oh, pardon me, I thought I was in the "Ticket prices and other complaints" thread.

Funny, but you know, this thread used to be... funny.

Funny how someone barging in to complain about censorship can take all the funniness out of even the best and funniest of threads... ever... on IORR.

This thread should be re-titled: "The best/funniest posts ever on IORR--except for most of page 5"

ah, I know you're only complaining about the complaint, but we have a separate thread for complaints.

Not that I'm complaining...carry on.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2015 23:56

So ole fashion treacle ... you should come with me to a Kindle Crush ...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 6, 2015 23:59

Rockman
So ole fashion treacle ... you should come with me to a Kindle Crush ...

I would but you've never actually invited me. A bit gauche of me to just 'show up' unannounced.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 7, 2015 00:10

treaclefingers
DoomandGloom
It's about time people get this right. Horror is not for humor. Often fringe people grasp on to concepts most others would dismiss. We must reinforce the notion that there is no more room for evil in our world, many are still drawn to the images for the world's most savage times, satire has been twisted in recent years to a secret code where bigots congregate.

I was just heading out to a book burning D&G, and was wondering if you'd be able to give me a lift downtown?
I am showingy best side this week hoping to find a ride to Buffalo. You know that karma stuff.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 7, 2015 00:32

I think Nicos is funny guy........not always understand what he's talking about.........but what the heck......grinning smiley

Date: July 7, 2015 01:10

NICOS
I think Nicos is funny guy........not always understand what he's talking about.........but what the heck......grinning smiley

I mainly enjoy his work as well, but I find he overuses emoticons. It's like he doesn't just trust that the joke will land of it's own accord, and is trying to oversell it.

A bit sad really, as we all understand what a talent he truly is. grinning smiley

Date: July 7, 2015 02:01

NICOS

I need 16 to 17 examples and don't forget to fill out the tax forms
thanks

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:19

stonehearted
71Tele
stonehearted
Oh, pardon me, I thought I was in the "Ticket prices and other complaints" thread.

Funny, but you know, this thread used to be... funny.

Funny how someone barging in to complain about censorship can take all the funniness out of even the best and funniest of threads... ever... on IORR.

This thread should be re-titled: "The best/funniest posts ever on IORR--except for most of page 5"

Oh, so sorry to upset your tender sensibilities by discussing humorous posts on a thread about humorous posts. I will try to be more sensitive to your needs in the future.

You were complaining in bitter tones about a thread that was closed. There was nothing humorous about it, the complaining that is. You should just be grateful your account is still active.

Agreed 1000%. bv did fine job explaining why he deleted the thread. It's his FREE site that he practically devotes his life to running as he sees fit. To continue to complain about it is whiny, pointless and ungrateful. Some things, PC aside, are just tasteless, offensive and/or objectionable. Since we're all playing in bv's sandbox, he gets to decide what stays and what goes. Anything else is anarchy.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 7, 2015 02:45

treaclefingers
Aquamarine
Yeast extract. I loooooooooooooooooove it. Almost as much as the Rolling Stones. thumbs up

I think there's a product called "Summer's Eve" can address this issue.

Er, no--read the product label . . . grinning smiley

Date: July 7, 2015 02:49

NICOS
Munichhilton
NICOS

I need 16 to 17 examples and don't forget to fill out the tax forms
thanks

Sorry I only have 15..........

Hmmm
Impressive...I have 4

You're still in the running my man

Date: July 7, 2015 03:36

treaclefingers
damn...and I just bought this hand shake buzzer.

They're versatile, am sure you'll find another use for it.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 7, 2015 03:44

This thread has drifted wildly off-topic.

Hopefully this can be rectified, either by the site moderator(s) or the collective common sense of members.

I will delete this post soon, as it contributes to the problem I've identified above, but wanted others to see my point of view.

Olly.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 7, 2015 04:18

This thread has been closed because it has been hijacked into talking off-topic about the posting policy.

Bjornulf

IORR Posting Policy : May be funny to some but not to others
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 6, 2015 19:12

Please do not post so called "funny" youtube or other stories involving despots, terrorists, rapist or other highly offending people in history. Many may think it is funny to make jokes about terrorists and despots, even Stones related, but it is not funny to everyone. To some it is highly offending.

IORR do have more than two million visitors every year, from every single country in the world, around 200 countries. That requeres respect and a ceretain degree of thought for other people and cultures.

I don't want to see these despot's names on IORR. They are noth wotht it. My home country Norway was invaded for five years by one of these despots. Family members were killed, tortured. We had a recent terrorist in Norway. I don't want his name listed here. We locked him up and we forget about his insane ideas. Forget them all. Dig them down into the histoty books and leave them for the newspapers. But not for entertainment.

IORR is a fan club web site. Not a place were you make jokes about people who killed other people due to terror or other crazy ideas.

If this is hard to understand, give the following a thought: Your best friend was killed and/or raped by person XXX. Then you see a "funny" video on IORR with XXX, both by the name and the picture of XXX. Funny?

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-06 19:13 by bv.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home