Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
The best/funniest posts ever on IORR
Posted by: Chester ()
Date: July 2, 2015 18:01

What are the best and/or funniest posts you can remember on this site?

This one today from Roll73 made me laugh out loud.
It was on the thread about whether anyone would want to die at a Stones show.

"Jeez - whatever next? If you were to be killed by a Rolling Stone, which one would it be and how would they do it?

(Keith, with the Telecaster, in the library)."

Brilliant.

Here was a recent post by someone about what songs should be dropped from the setlist.

SFTD: "Even the devil is tired of this one.''

Terrific.

Re: The best/funniest posts ever on IORR
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 2, 2015 18:08

"Great setlist!" always brings a smile to my face. eye popping smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: July 2, 2015 18:29

DoomandGloom's prediction that instead of getting into the rumoured Toronto club show he'd end up in a local strip club 'fantasising over a woman that resembles Mick Taylor' was possibly the funniest thing I've read this year

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 2, 2015 18:41

I just hope he tips me..

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:24

Funniest ever, and I used to have the post saved to my PC and would sometimes repost it at appropriate times yet have lost that save long ago, is when a troll going by the name of Daniel would start in about the Beatles when someone replied with a long and unintentionally funny post in broken English telling him to " go to the HELL". Perhaps some of our old time remaining posters remember that?

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:29

Date: July 2, 2015 19:30

Anybody who remembers the poster who told everyone to "go to the hell"? He had a couple of nuggets. Same with Turd's mother-in-law-stories back in the 90s. It's a shame all those posts are gone...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:39

Bring back Stonestod!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 2, 2015 19:42

flacnvinyl
Bring back Stonestod!

Word of the day!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 2, 2015 20:32

SomeTorontoGirl
I just hope he tips me..

I guess that's with the 'ye olde Englishe' version in mind............grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 20:35 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 2, 2015 20:36

Maybe Stonestod (Stones death in German!) would be fried by all the yes-men, who are very much in command here, were he to return?
Humour or irony isn't well recieved by everyone these days. Many mistakes it for whining...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:17

My favorites were by the guy (it must be 8 or 9 years ago by now) named Ferrante or Ferrante9, who would come on here and rant in all caps about Paul McCartney and Wings. Those were the best.

Or there was Gazza, who in response to a request for some Stones information said he "doesn't have all the answers!!!", or something like that. After his response, there were two pages of posts asking him all kinds of questions like "what is this weird spot on my thigh?" or "is there a loch ness monster?".

More recently, Onlystones' posts about attending club shows and living the rock and roll life that were later shown to be nonsense - those were hilarious.

Date: July 2, 2015 21:37

Some of those Japanese interpreted Stones lyrics were pretty damn funny.

And this one posted years ago by an anonymous user:

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:40

i miss our old friend on here T&A/StonesTodd. he was one funny dude that had me cracking up all the time !!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 2, 2015 21:54

I always have good (and sometimes loud) laughs with Rockman's posts.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 2, 2015 22:00

EddieByword
SomeTorontoGirl
I just hope he tips me..

I guess that's with the 'ye olde Englishe' version in mind............grinning smiley

Ooooops! grinning smiley

Date: July 2, 2015 22:03

...just siting here waiting for Rockman to come by, don't mind me...

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 2, 2015 22:14

Someone else came up with this, but I don't have the original, so here's a recreation, and i'm most likely paraphrasing.

But I howled when I saw this.

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 2, 2015 22:37

What about Potted Shrimp's mad love for Meg White?

Date: July 3, 2015 00:12

Stoneage
Maybe Stonestod (Stones death in German!) would be fried by all the yes-men, who are very much in command here, were he to return?
Humour or irony isn't well recieved by everyone these days. Many mistakes it for whining...

Tot?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:21

The "1792 tour" thread brings back fond memories... A typo that generated 20+ pages of sheer insanity! thumbs up

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:25

dcba
The "1792 tour" thread brings back fond memories... A typo that generated 20+ pages of sheer insanity! thumbs up

And after the War of 1812, U.S.-Britain relations were so bad the Stones didn't tour America again until 1964!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:25

The one about your experiences on the 1792 tour? >grinning smiley<

Many others. Some very witty, funny, and absurd people here.

Date: July 3, 2015 00:27

dcba

jinx! (actually you posted this as I was typing the very same thing -- I wasted 2 minutes searching for the link winking smiley )

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:28

The whole "onlystones" tall tale thread of bribing a non-existent head of the catering/banquet department at the Belly Up was pretty hilarious...

"Re: San Diego Club Gig
Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 28, 2015 00:04

kate2
TO Only Stones...be sure to stay in the new, five star resort, just east of Del Mar off hwy 56, tonight. Also, go jogging or 'act like you are', at 630am. This is what I saw the lead singer doing in 2005.
There is most likely another private show, at a home, in Rancho Santa Fe, tomorrow night. The man tonight was just with HP..if you known anyone there. Also, he does Charity for McDonald House.

I will also post where I am every second of the time I am there. As well as which pocket I have my wallet in. No personal details. Too many crazies. I will tell about the experience. Its going to be awesome.

That said, I posted that I stayed in BH where they fell for the banana in the tail pipe trick when I went to LA.

When I go to SD I generally stay in LJ."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 00:28 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:34

MisterDDDD
The whole "onlystones" tall tale thread of bribing a non-existent head of the catering/banquet department at the Belly Up was pretty hilarious...

Yes! Does anybody remember the Diaz Brothers? What happened to them? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:38

dcba
Best thread ever!!!

Date: July 3, 2015 00:41

MisterDDDD

DrBryant's response was one of the funniest posts ever

drbryant
Onlystones told me what happened, and I believe him. In his words:

I knew I didn't have much time, so I called a buddy, who told me that "a powerful friend" had chartered a private jet to San Diego and I was free to join if I could get to nearby Wayne Airfield in 15 minutes. I grabbed my briefcase, which I had filled with unmarked bills in small denominations, and jumped in my Lambo. I knew if I really pushed it, the airfield was still 20 minutes away - I made it in ten. I got on the jet, saw that there were only two passengers, so I picked a seat at the back of the 12-seat jet, placed my briefcase on the seat next to me and was soon sound asleep. I knew that a night of sex, drugs and rock and roll lay ahead, and I wanted to get some rest. I awoke just as we were touching ground in San Diego, and immediately started calling Hertz to get the best sports car they had, when the other passenger turned around and offered me a ride to the city. I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered." For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed "I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!" He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

the club was small. I saw BV. Mick wore black and they played "Crazy Mama" and "I Got the Blues". I cried. The rest is history. I'll try to post more later.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 3, 2015 00:43

All the posters who claimed to "give up" on IORR and sign off for good, then a bunch of people plead with them to stay, then within a day are back posting.

Date: July 3, 2015 00:46

Yes drbryant's post was great.....it was also funny that someone took it seriously and started an immediate debate of the facts!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home