Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: August 13, 2016 10:59

I went yesterday and thought it was phenomenal, it really is a dream come true for a Stones fan! My train from Cardiff was stuck at a signal for an hour so I was worried I would miss my slot but as I left quite a big gap between the train arriving and the exhibition time I made it without a problem.

So much effort had obviously been put into the exhibition and the guys, the organisers and designers should all be really proud of themselves. I never saw the Bowie exhibition so can’t compare it to that (although I’m seeing it in Bologna in the autumn) but I saw the Elvis one at The O2 last year and I thought “Exhibitionism” was far more expansive and informative.

I was very happy to see that Bill had such a large presence in the exhibition, I thought that was good of the guys. I’m a huge Mick Taylor fan and it would have been nice to have seen a guitar or two of his there if they’re still kicking around, but then he did have that public outburst about the exhibition. I also thought it was a really nice touch that there was the video highlighting all the backing musicians and Darryl, I was really impressed by that as well as having one of Darryl’s basses alongside the other gear.

As a musician, unsurprisingly my favourite part was all the gear, Keith and Ronnie’s guitars in particular as well as Bill’s basses. Keith’s Tele Custom and Ronnie’s hardtail Strat were highlights for me, as well as Bill’s Vox AC30 amp. I thought it was great how each of the instruments had a quote from Keith or Ronnie about them, I particularly enjoyed Keith’s anecdotes about his switching from primarily using Gibsons to using Fenders, as someone who also has done the same for what seems to the same reasons I thought it was cool that he and I think alike about something! The production bit was great with some fascinating insights from Don Was and Keith about the process and I loved being able to mix the tracks, hearing Bill’s isolated bass makes one really appreciate just how great he is. Isolating his bass parts and MT’s guitar parts on some of the tracks was great. It was brilliant to be able to separate the guitar parts for “Start Me Up” and then bring them in together, it shows how great Keith and Ronnie are together.

“Satisfaction” in 3D was incredible, I’ve always felt a bit mixed about 3D but I was floored – I really hope that more concert films get the 3D treatment for cinema release, it really seems to be the best way to experience a show short of being there. Finished off by having a meal in Sticky Fingers, I don’t know if it’s been said but there’s an offer on their Facebook page – with a valid “Exhibitionism” ticket you get 25% off your bill.

So a definite 11/10 from me, it was a nice break from dissertation woes! So happy I managed to get to see it! It made me really want to see the guys live again, hoping there’s a London date announced at some point!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: August 13, 2016 20:41

Any ideaswhat other cities exhibtionism will visit?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 13, 2016 20:43

Btw, the sexy woman that winks during 3D Satisfaction, oh my. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: August 14, 2016 11:56

I've now been three times and I'm hoping to go one more time before it closes.

Each visit has lasted longer than the previous one, with my most recent visit lasting just under 4 hours.

It's quite breathtaking to see items from the band's history at close quarters. The costume section is my fave and Mick's Sympathy outfits are stunning. I see something new every time I visit and I am always blown away by the 3D encore, particularly as I was at both Hyde Park gigs. Somewhere in the vast expanse of faces is me!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 14, 2016 21:39

Scooby
I've now been three times and I'm hoping to go one more time before it closes.

Each visit has lasted longer than the previous one, with my most recent visit lasting just under 4 hours.

It's quite breathtaking to see items from the band's history at close quarters. The costume section is my fave and Mick's Sympathy outfits are stunning. I see something new every time I visit and I am always blown away by the 3D encore, particularly as I was at both Hyde Park gigs. Somewhere in the vast expanse of faces is me!

I reckon you would be mad to miss the exhibition, we won't see the likes of this again imho.

Date: August 25, 2016 12:45

I went yesterday, and it was awesome!

The highlight was mixing those six tracks AND to discover that they were either alternate mixes or different versions. Finally I got to hear the acoustic Undercover (Of The Night) that Ronnie has talked about. It sounded excellent.

A bit disappointing that they couldn't tell who's playing what, and credit Keith on lead guitar on Miss You + simply stating «guitar» on Taylor's and Mick's tracks.

All in all a great experience thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 12:45 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 25, 2016 13:52

DandelionPowderman

The highlight was mixing those six tracks AND to discover that they were either alternate mixes or different versions. Finally I got to hear the acoustic Undercover (Of The Night) that Ronnie has talked about. It sounded excellent.

A bit disappointing that they couldn't tell who's playing what, and credit Keith on lead guitar on Miss You + simply stating «guitar» on Taylor's and Mick's tracks.

They didn't credit the bass either on the mix tracks. Either laziness or pettiness...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 25, 2016 14:23

DandelionPowderman

Especially HTW was great to hear. The presented it as from Ya-Ya's, but it was a Euro 1973 show, not sure of it was Brussels first.

Mathijs

Date: August 25, 2016 16:08

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman

Especially HTW was great to hear. The presented it as from Ya-Ya's, but it was a Euro 1973 show, not sure of it was Brussels first.

Mathijs

Yeah! I wondered where the loud hammond organ came from at first smiling smiley

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: August 25, 2016 19:52

A perfect London Stones weekend with my family

Exhibitionism was perfect in somehow following the more stripped-down approach of the last Stones concerts: Get rid of the huge productions and concentrate even more on the music and the arts. So this exhibition - while leaving out almost all of the Stones' private affairs - presented all the different perspectives of the arts of our favorite band. Writing and producing music, the rooting in the Blues, stage, LP cover and costume design, and some of their supporting musicians for both LPs and the stage.

While die-hard Stones fans might not discover too many new details, there still are some nice things to explore. For instance, you can mix a couple of songs to your liking; personally, I was always curios about the guitar lines of Ronnie Wood for 'Doom and Gloom', I just couldn't figure this out. Now I know he plays very nice lines...

My family including my daughters (11 and 13) loved this show as well, so if there is any chance to see the exhibition, go there!

A nice additional attraction of this weekend was the concert of the Rollin' Stoned, the cover band who even the Stones had allegedly invited to play at a birthday party. Below there is the setlist, and if you miss your next Stones concert, this is as close as it can get to the real thing: A small venue the size of a garage, hard-core fans, and a sound that may have been the sound of the Stones when playing the small joints in the old days! The band is also funny to watch, they have no hesitation in making fun of their and our most loved band (Brian J. appears with angle wings...), but without compromising the musical perfection.

Setlist of "The Rollin' Stoned", 20 August 2016, The Half Moon, London:

Posted by: woody ()
Date: August 26, 2016 06:27

Hi All
i am going with my daughter this Sunday but my wife who is travelling to London with us is not going to the exhibition.
has anyone got any suggestions of anything near by for her to do for a couple of hours.
many thanks.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 26, 2016 07:03

It's right on King's Rd, I wandered happily for a few hours after I went thru the exhibit. Lots of great shops and cafes.

Posted by: woody ()
Date: August 26, 2016 09:30

Many Thanks for your help.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 26, 2016 12:25

I'm going again next week for the 3rd time, either Wednesday or Thursday afternoon, and have a spare VIP ticket for any iorrian who wants to go ( free of course). If you want to go, let me know. Chriandpam.egan@btinternet.com

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 26, 2016 13:38

What a nice gesture Chris.smiling smiley

I'm not back in London area till September 22nd, but would take you up on the offer otherwise.

Date: August 26, 2016 16:57

Not long left to visit the exhibition, if you love/like the stones or music in general, then I implore you to visit the exhibition.
I have been twice and would without hesitation go back again, but due to being on holiday won't be able to do that.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 26, 2016 20:15

Again I ask----WHEN in November does this exhibit move to NYC?? Is it November 1?? Very important to know the starting date. Thank you!cool smiley

Date: August 26, 2016 20:24

mickschix
Again I ask----WHEN in November does this exhibit move to NYC?? Is it November 1?? Very important to know the starting date. Thank you!cool smiley

I believe they will announce the exact date come September..

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 29, 2016 17:25

Opening in NYC on November 12.
Will run through March 12, 2017.

Industria
775 Washington St

[www.stonesexhibitionism.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 29, 2016 19:20

Tickets for NYC on sale tomorrow, August 30th, at 10:00 AM for AMEX cardholders.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: September 1, 2016 01:29

Best wishes to all the iorrians in or near NYC, you will love it. Went today for my 3rd time, took a guest in for free who wasn't the greatest Stones fan, but now undersrstands why I am .... Spent even more money in the gift shop, oh well... !! If you're in London November 5th, come to Cadogan Hall !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 1, 2016 02:30

Wish I could do the opening weekend, but will probably have to wait until December...the best holiday gift I could think of! (except maybe a tour and new album, but you can't have everything...) grinning smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: September 1, 2016 04:46

When do tickets go sale for NY

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 1, 2016 08:40

Donnebr
When do tickets go sale for NY

Pre-sale started August 30 for those with American Express. General sales begin September 14th. I'm going Nov.12, opening day. Anyone else?

Thanks to all of you who attended the London Exhibitionism, for your impressions!

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 2, 2016 00:13

This is a must visit show.

I know I will never see it again.

I had a brilliant two visits.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 2, 2016 02:59

I never felt that much enthusiasm for this exhibition, and felt that at £25.00, it was overpriced. I finally went today, and I am pleased to say that I was talking complete bollocks. I was in there for three hours and it flew by. I was blown away by how good it was. Worth every penny and more! Well done Jagger.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2016 03:40

Sold out already for opening day in NYC. The prices don't seem excessive to me, especially by NYC standards..VIP package is less than $100.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 5, 2016 16:45

Any attendance figures for London?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 5, 2016 17:27

my visit was a 4 1/2 hrs long shiver! Awesome it was!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 6, 2016 02:30

"Exclusive to Sydney, Exhibitionism - The Rolling Stones is coming in 2018. This interactive & immersive music exhibition features over 500 rare and personal items of The Rolling Stones, detailing their creative lives across 9 galleries spanning fashion, film, recording and art".

[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home