Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism - Unzipped
Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: March 31, 2021 15:15

it's over... :-(

https://www.rtvnoord.nl/nieuws/803922/Unzipped-kan-definitief-inpakken-Groninger-Museum-lijdt-tonnen-verlies

Unzipped can pack up for good, Groninger Museum suffers tons of loss

The Rolling Stones exhibition Unzipped in the Groninger Museum will not be extended again. Consultations with a museum in Marseille, the next stop of the exhibition, have failed.
"We are now going to start phasing out. We now have plenty of time for that. Of course we would have preferred to see it differently, 'says spokesman Willemien Bouwers. The museum has already extended the exhibition until April 18.

The exhibition attracted about 20,000 visitors in Groningen. The museum was counting on 150,000 to 200,000 visitors. 'In an ideal world, without corona, we would indeed have hoped for that.'

Loss
The Groninger Museum suffered a loss of several hundred thousand euros due to the months-long closure in the lockdown. Much of that is paid from the profits from the earlier David Bowie exhibition.

'We are now reasonably through those reserves. Fortunately, we receive a lot of support from the municipality and the province. We also receive many donations through the website. Some donors have transferred up to a hundred euros, 'says Bouwers.

400 unique objects
Unzipped opened in mid-November last year. A month later, the museum had to close because of the second lockdown. The exhibition featured 400 unique objects from the history of the world-famous British rock band The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 31, 2021 23:21

Sad.

Not sure when it's scheduled to open in Marseilles, but things don't seem to be going very well in all of France right now:

From Reuters:

Macron orders Covid-19 lockdown across all of France, closes schools
March 31, 2021

PARIS — President Emmanuel Macron on Wednesday ordered France into its third national lockdown and said schools would close
for three weeks as he sought to push back a third wave of Covid-19 infections that threatens to overwhelm hospitals.

More. Pandemic

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2021 23:40

Hairball

Not sure when it's scheduled to open in Marseilles, but things don't seem to be going very well in all of France right now

End of June 2021 - [iorr.org] . Don't panic .... winking smiley

L’exposition UNZIPPED des Rolling Stones à L’Orange Vélodrome - [www.TourMag.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-31 23:50 by Irix.

Date: April 1, 2021 10:19

<BREAKING NEWS>

( no Fool's Day joke I hope )

https://www.rtvnoord.nl/nieuws/804213/Goed-nieuws-voor-Stones-fans-Unzipped-in-2023-terug-in-Groninger-Museum

The exhibition The Rolling Stones - Unzipped returns to the Groninger Museum in 2023

That is the outcome of discussions that museum director Andreas Blühm has conducted with the management of the world-famous British rock band.
After it became clear that the museum could not open for the time being due to the second lockdown, the director approached the management. During those conversations it turned out that a return of the exhibition was possible.

Discount and Renewal
Never before has an exhibition returned to the Groninger Museum for a second time. 'These times call for original solutions. It is a huge shame that more people could not enjoy Unzipped and we are looking forward to the resit in 2023 ', says Blühm.
The management of The Rolling Stones has already responded to the Groninger Museum by offering a discount and allowing an extension until April 18.

Red numbers
The Groninger Museum hoped to attract some 150,000 to 200,000 visitors with the current Unzipped exhibition. In the end that became 20,000. The loss is in the hundreds of thousands of euros.
Those red numbers are largely offset by previous proceeds from the 2016 exhibition "David Bowie Is", which attracted a total of 200,700 visitors.

Abort started
Because the museum no longer expects to reopen before the end of the second lockdown, employees have started to tear down the Stones exhibition. Until April 18 Unzipped can only be admired digitally (and for a fee). The exhibition will then move to Marseille, where it should be on view in June.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 1, 2021 11:36

I read that news early this morning too.
My first thought was "april fool" news, especially because the year 2023 was mentioned. I will get in touch with mr, Blühm later on today to figure that out.

For me it would be in line though with my personal hopes ... first the 60st Anniversary with some smashing Rolling Stones concerts in 2022, then a modification of the exhibition including the total overview of 60 years. The Edith Grove entree is then off course even more special. Maybe Mick's Arnhem T-shirt (which my daughter conquered for me) could be exposed then too winking smiley
We'll see cool smiley
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: April 1, 2021 11:39

This morning I contacted the museum..... it's no joke smileys with beer

Date: April 1, 2021 11:45

georgie48

My first thought was "april fool" news, especially because the year 2023 was mentioned.

I think 2023 is possible since there're plans to bring Unzipped back to England in 2022 when the band celebrates its 60th anniversary - [iorr.org] , [www.DvhN.nl] .

Date: April 1, 2021 11:51

Irix
georgie48

My first thought was "april fool" news, especially because the year 2023 was mentioned.

I think 2023 is possible since there're plans to bring Unzipped back to England in 2022 when the band celebrates its 60th anniversary - [iorr.org] , [www.DvhN.nl] .

Off course that would make sense cool smiley

Date: April 1, 2021 12:35

ErwinH

The exhibition The Rolling Stones - Unzipped returns to the Groninger Museum in 2023

Official: [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] :

"The Rolling Stones – Unzipped will return to Groningen in 2023. The exhibition’s reopening until 18 April has proven too short to accommodate the immense interest, and it must move on to Marseille. Unzipped was open for just four weeks in 2020. Thanks to modifications in and around the building, more than 20,000 people were able to visit the exhibition in a Covid-safe environment.

But now there’s good news: the Groninger Museum and the Rolling Stones’ management have reached an agreement to bring Unzipped back to Groningen in 2023. The band and its management expressed their appreciation for the museum’s efforts and their regret that the pandemic had denied large numbers of people a chance to see the show. “We’re sorry to leave Groningen, where we felt very much at home,” the Stones said in a statement. “But we’re happy to say that we'll be back!“

The Groninger Museum is grateful to the Rolling Stones for their generosity. “It’s never happened before that a travelling exhibition has returned to the museum for a second time,” says director Andreas Blühm, “but these times call for original solutions. It’s a shame more people weren’t able to enjoy Unzipped the first time, and we’re delighted to be able to give them another chance in 2023.”

People can still visit the online exhibition until 18 April. Every online visitor will be entered into a draw to win an artwork by Ronnie Wood or a catalogue signed by Mick Jagger."
- [www.GroningerMuseum.nl]

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: April 1, 2021 12:59

I'll visit in 2023, and then I'll buy their brand new album!

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 1, 2021 16:54

NilsHolgersson
I'll visit in 2023, and then I'll buy their brand new album!

The best I’ve read this day, a new album 2023..../hot smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Date: April 2, 2021 20:11

It's a pity Unzipped is closed... but will be back in Groningen in 2023.
But today I've been to another Rolling Stones exhibition here in town,
a bit smaller than Unzipped but really fun to see.

The super Stonesfan Jelle Tadema (aka Benny2 on IORR) organised his own exhibition.
I saw a lot of things that he collected in his life... posters, shirts, shoes, socks, books, pictures, articles, etc etc

It was really cool to take a look at Jelle's stuff.

Good job Benny2 !! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 11, 2021 18:21

See you again in 2023 !
Hope to meet some of you here in Groningen in 2023 smileys with beer

Date: April 11, 2021 22:34

Leuk om via deze weg een officieel geprinte aankondiging voor 2023 te zien. Geduld is een schone zaak. Bedankt voor al je rapportages, Edwin!
smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 12, 2021 17:47

"Press conference" on Thursday 15/04/2021 at 11AM to announce Exhibitionism at the Velodrome where the Stones played in 2018 [www.bfmtv.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: April 12, 2021 18:38

thumbs up hope vacances en France will be possible in summer time smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 13, 2021 07:56

Because the drive from Toronto takes so long (ping SomeTorontoGirl!), Kitchener is already getting set up...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 13, 2021 12:04

Stoneswolf
thumbs up hope vacances en France will be possible in summer time smiling smiley

You bet ! I won't be too far from there in early July so I'll probably take a little drive down to the Velodrome ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 13, 2021 13:14

Topi
Because the drive from Toronto takes so long (ping SomeTorontoGirl!), Kitchener is already getting set up...

Kitchener is a nice, growing little University city about 75 minutes west of Toronto ... along a stretch of highway that is lousy with maniac truck drivers. The added misery of winter slush the whole way... why Kitchener? I’m tired of grumbling about COVID, at least this gives me something new to mutter about. See you there opening day.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: April 15, 2021 12:40

Booking is open
Exhibition from June 10th to Sept 05th

Date: April 15, 2021 13:15

Mick announces Unzipped Marseille (in French):

[www.YouTube.com]

Unzipped - Trailer Marseille:

[www.YouTube.com]

Full Press-Conference 15-April-2021, Unzipped at Orange Velodrome Marseille:

[www.YouTube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 17:05 by Irix.

Date: April 15, 2021 13:25

Unzipped, the exhibition dedicated to the Rolling Stones will take place this summer in Marseille

The Marseille stopover of the world exhibition "Unzipped", dedicated to the Rolling Stones, will take place from 10 June to 5 September 2021 at the Velodrome Stadium. Philippe Manœuvre, godfather of this stage, has just announced it. The ticketing is now open.

15-Apr-2021, 12:45pm by Pauline Sauthier

The Unzipped exhibition devoted to the Rolling Stones is making twelve stops in Europe, including one in Marseille, the only French stop. The objects of the legendary band have already been presented in the Netherlands, at the Groninger Museum. © SIESE VEENSTRA/ANP/AFP

In 1967, the Rolling Stones were in concert at the Salle Vallier in Marseille. The band's leader, Mick Jagger, was injured by an "enthusiastic" spectator who threw his chair at the singer - says rock critic Philippe Manoeuvre. "He didn't hold it against us because he came back to Marseille," says the former editor of Rock&Folk.

Philippe Manoeuvre didn't blame us either, he was in Marseille on Thursday to present the programme of the exhibition dedicated to the Stones, "Unzipped", which will be held this summer at the Velodrome stadium. For the occasion, tickets were put on sale.

For sanitary reasons, visitors will have to book slots in advance, in order to respect a 10m2 capacity per visitor.

From 10 June to 5 September, visits will be open from 10am to 8pm seven days a week, with evening visits on Fridays until 10pm. Prices are €25 for adults, €19 for 12-25s, €15 for 6-11s and children until 5 will be admitted free. Reservations are open at OrangeVelodrome.com. The first 2,000 tickets are being sold at €19.

Marseille is the only French stopover for the travelling exhibition dedicated to the Stones' 55-year career. More than 400 objects that have marked the legendary band will be on display at the Velodrome Stadium.

2000m2 of exhibition space

The exhibition will take place on a 2000m2 stage with 13 sub-spaces. The first flat where the band lived in the Chelsea district of London will be on display. Entirely reconstructed, the public will be able to wander through it. But also the studio where the band recorded Sympathy or the devil. The film that Jean-Luc Godard devoted to this recording will be projected behind the studio window, so that you can feel a bit like the sound engineer assisting in the production and evolution of this masterpiece.

The Rolling Stones are also photos, album covers made by the greatest artists such as Andy Warhol, the tongue in cheek whose metamorphoses we will follow, stage costumes or a concert given free of charge in Havana, to be relived in immersion, when all the venues are closed.

According to Martin D'Argenlieu, director of major projects at Olympique de Marseille, "they liked the city because it is the rebel city". Is this what brings us closer to the Stones?

"When you come out of this exhibition you feel closer to them," says Philippe Manoeuvre.

Franceinfo.fr · [www.OrangeVelodrome.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 16:50 by Irix.

Date: April 15, 2021 13:45

The Rolling Stones - Unzipped, Français, 26-May-2021:

[www.Amazon.fr]

Date: April 15, 2021 15:19

12 stops in Europe? So there will be 9 others after Marseille?
What are the experiences with tickets being sold out? Should I buy them in advance?

Date: April 15, 2021 16:58

Because of the pandemic a very limited number of visitors could get in here in Groningen, of course.

Every friday at midnight the sales of this limited number of tickets started for the week after. Every week new limited sales.

Two times I bought a ticket 1 second after midnight, no problem.
One time I bought a ticket next morning.... still possible, but after 2 days the next week was sold out. But new chances to get a ticket every week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-15 17:01 by ErwinH.

Date: April 15, 2021 17:20

Stoneswolf

What are the experiences with tickets being sold out? Should I buy them in advance?

"Sur réservation uniquement, avec une jauge maximum de 200 visiteurs à la fois pour respecter les gestes barrières" - [www.SudOuest.fr] .
"By reservation only, with a maximum capacity of 200 visitors at a time to respect the barrier gestures".

"Pour des raisons sanitaires, les visiteurs devront réserver en amont des créneaux de visite, afin de pouvoir respecter une jauge de 10m2 par visiteur" - Franceinfo.fr .
"For sanitary reasons, visitors will have to book slots in advance, in order to be able to respect a capacity of 10m2 per visitor."

Date: April 15, 2021 17:35

FAQ - Unzipped Marseille (in French) - [www.OM.fr] .

Date: April 15, 2021 17:45

Mercy beaucoup!

Date: April 15, 2021 18:35

Stoneswolf

12 stops in Europe? So there will be 9 others after Marseille?

Some of the other 9 could be in UK in 2022 for the RS 60th Anniversary - [iorr.org] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home