Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism - Unzipped
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 19, 2021 23:13

Another link on Facebook
[fb.watch]

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 19, 2021 23:45

In NL no problem getting the museum tour online. In the beginning there were some connection issues, but they made up for it at the very end of the tour.
Almost one hour drifting away in memory lane. I still hope to go there myself, but with possibly another couple of weeks lockdown after March 2nd the options become very limited.
Rumour is that after Marseille and Canada the exhibition moves back to London, which, for me, is "around the corner", once the world has dealt with the current corona pademic.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 20, 2021 00:54

georgie48
...Rumour is that after Marseille and Canada the exhibition moves back to London, which, for me, is "around the corner", once the world has dealt with the current corona pademic.

So the exhibit may be looping back, just in time for the 60th Anniversary? Hmmm... getting my hopes up for some shows in London next year. thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 20, 2021 01:58

Why London again what about South America or Asia.

Nate

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 20, 2021 02:05

Nate

UK 2022 = RS' 60th Anniversary - [iorr.org] ? South America has currently political/economical issues (hence no RS-Tour). Asia: is there a huge fanbase outside of Japan? RS-Exhibitionism was in Tokyo from March to June 2019.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-20 02:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 20, 2021 02:22

Irix
Nate

UK 2022 = RS' 60th Anniversary? South America has currently political/economical issues (hence no RS-Tour). Asia: is there a huge fanbase outside of Japan? RS-Exhibitionism was in Tokyo from March to June 2019.

Yeah there’s the 60th anniversary so it makes sense that if they play shows here in London then the exhibition would be here again but maybe there is time for another destination before then.I genuinely forgot it has already been in Tokyo but I think there would be great interest for it in South America.

Nate

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 22, 2021 16:19

Online tour Unzipped Groningen

[youtu.be]

Documentary ; Waar was jij , 2 Juni 1999 ? Van Nick Landman

[youtu.be]

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: February 22, 2021 18:15

Lien
Online tour Unzipped Groningen

[youtu.be]

Documentary ; Waar was jij , 2 Juni 1999 ? Van Nick Landman

[youtu.be]

Thanks! Does anyone know the source of the private video of the full show that’s partly shown inside? Would be interested in seeing the full gig!

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 24, 2021 11:42

https://www.dvhn.nl/cultuur/Expositie-over-The-Rolling-Stones-blijft-n%C3%B3g-een-maandje-tot-en-met-18-april-in-Groninger-Museum.-26551866.html

google translate:

Exhibition about The Rolling Stones will remain in the Groninger Museum for another month (until April 18)

The Groninger Museum is extending the exhibition "The Rolling Stones - Unzipped" until April 18, 2021. The museum calls the extension an ultimate attempt to allow as many visitors as possible.
The exhibition shows over 400 original objects from the collection of the legendary rock band The Rolling Stones. Not only instruments and stage designs, but also rare audio and video clips, personal diaries, costumes, poster material, album covers and even their studio and modest residence at Edith Grove in London.
Complemented by unique film material and interactive technology, the exhibition provides a glimpse into 50 years of the band's history and the careers of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood.

In June in Marseille
The exhibition, which was originally supposed to be on view in the Groninger Museum until 28 February, was already extended in January until 28 March. As the exhibition is expected in Marseille in June, an extension after April 18 is not an option.

As soon as it is known when the museum can reopen, more information will follow about the start of ticket sales.

Date: February 24, 2021 16:45

ErwinH

Exhibition about The Rolling Stones will remain in the Groninger Museum for another month (until April 18)

Official: [www.GroningerMuseum.nl] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Date: March 5, 2021 14:45

ONLINE EXHIBITION THE ROLLING STONES - UNZIPPED

"'You can’t always get what you want', but this time you can! Ladies & Gentlemen, if you haven’t been able to see the exhibition The Rolling Stones - Unzipped yet: this is your chance to experience the populair exhibition Unzipped online! As an extra treat, you enter a price draw to win a signed limited edition Ronnie Wood print or one of three Unzipped books signed by Mick Jagger. Book your ticket now" - [Shop.GroningerMuseum.nl] .

Price: €9.50 - available up to and including April 18, 2021 - 48 hours to view the exhibition - a 360° photographic representation (visit will automatically end, extension requires new ticket).

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · [www.GroningerMuseum.nl]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 5, 2021 18:58

Thanks.. I'll take either the Ronnie Print or the Mick signed book please winking smiley

Would have already bought a virtual ticket, but the video on their homepage won't play here (US).. Switched languages just fine, but not certain now the online experience will work.
Going to wait a bit, bur will definitely be checking it out!

Date: March 6, 2021 12:55

MisterDDDD

Would have already bought a virtual ticket, but the video on their homepage won't play here (US).. Switched languages just fine, but not certain now the online experience will work.

I've e-mailed the Groninger Museum and got the following reply:

"Yes it can be seen worldwide!

There is no restriction from our side. Our websites and the museum are open for the whole world.

Hopefully many people will enjoy this virtual tour as we have to be closed for visitors. And we also hope to be able to open our doors before the end of the exhibition for a live visit."

Date: March 6, 2021 15:52

Thank you, Irix.
Appreciated.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 14, 2021 00:30

Has anybody bought a ticket for this yet? If so, are there any technical issues?

Date: March 23, 2021 21:35

Looks like the Groninger Museum won't physically open for visitors on site before the Unzipped-Exhibition ends since the Netherlands will extend their Lockdown until 20-Apr-2021 - [www.DutchNews.nl] , [NLTimes.nl] .

Official: "Still want to visit The Stones exhibition? No, unfortunately, the Groninger Museum remains closed. Those who have not been there yet are out of luck. The Rolling Stones exhibition in Groningen will close on 18 April. It can still be seen online." - [Twitter.com] , [www.Trouw.nl] , [www.GIC.nl] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-24 15:25 by Irix.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: March 24, 2021 15:57

It's a pity Unzipped won't open again in Groningen.

You can still see it online :

https://www.groningermuseum.nl/en/art/museum-360

Date: March 24, 2021 16:30

From the [www.Trouw.nl] - article:

Still want to visit The Stones exhibition? No, unfortunately, the Groninger Museum remains closed. Those who have not been there yet are out of luck. The Rolling Stones exhibition in Groningen will close on 18 April. It can still be viewed online.

"Can't I sneak in anyway? I've been a fan since the beginning." The Groninger Museum receives at least four such requests daily. Unfortunately, the museum is and will remain closed for the time being. Just like all other museums. The international exhibition The Rolling Stones - Unzipped about the world-famous British rock band was open for only four weeks, when the doors had to be closed again.

Twenty thousand people were lucky and went. Thousands of potential visitors were unlucky. The museum itself had hoped for 200,000 people, which would have meant breaking even. Business director Esther Moesker: "This is a blockbuster, normally we earn with it, just like with our Bowie exhibition five years ago."

Moesker has just made a tour of the three floors with Stones showcases and Stones stuff on display. It is still exactly as it was when the museum had to close, in mid-December. "Yes, also the fried egg in the pan, the dirty washing-up, the filthy bedclothes and the cigarette butts in the ashtrays of their recreated London flat. Everything is coated, so you can't smell anything. That would be a bit of a mess too, haha."

Exhibition on a journey

All four hundred original objects can be seen in Marseille from the end of June. These include Keith Richards' diary, costumes, posters, record sleeves and Andy Warhol's screen prints and sketches, as well as the inventory of the replica apartment and studio. After that, the exhibition travels to Canada. An extension in Groningen is no longer possible. Small consolation: there will be an auction of some attributes, such as the illuminated tongues - the Stones logo. More will be announced after the close of business on 18 April.

Last week, the Groninger Museum and the Museum Association encouraged everyone to sign the 'Open the Museums' petition. Moesker: "When I see the images of that festival last weekend in Biddinghuizen, I think: we as museums are really coronaproof. We have good ventilation, perfect routing, special masks and we had extended the opening hours, from ten to ten, to allow people to enter gradually."

VIP-Tour

But the petition was to no avail. That is also bad luck for terminally ill Stones fans for whom seeing the exhibition is their last wish. In November and December, three of them had their wishes granted. Two of them received a VIP guided tour via the Wish Ambulance Foundation even before the exhibition opened, another one at nine o'clock in the morning. Museum Director Andreas Blühm heard that it was too late for one man, who had wanted to come so badly. The family gave him a photo of the coffin with the Stones emblem on it.

The exhibition can still be seen online until 18 April for €9.50 via GroningerMuseum.nl -- [www.Trouw.nl] .

Date: March 24, 2021 16:52

Irix
The family gave him a photo of the coffin with the Stones emblem on it.

Cheers to this guy smileys with beer
If I were choosing to be buried, this would be my preference as well.

Got me thinking about an urn with the tongue on it now.. cool smiley
Wouldn't be a complete shocker to see one show up in the merch store before too long, given the fan base's age winking smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 24, 2021 19:03

No article about the exhibition fails to explicitely point out that there's a recreation of a run-down filthy flat at the heart of it

Date: March 24, 2021 19:45

Nikkei

No article about the exhibition fails to explicitely point out that there's a recreation of a run-down filthy flat at the heart of it

Probably because they think the visitors would feel like home .... winking smiley

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 24, 2021 19:55

Sad.. now I didn't get a chance to see their old apartment replica in real life

Date: March 24, 2021 20:51

NilsHolgersson

Don't worry. The exhibition will at some point return to London, maybe next year? Hopefully Britain will be sort of corona free by then. The Pound by then may also be very cheap (winking smiley).

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2021 21:03

georgie48
NilsHolgersson

Don't worry. The exhibition will at some point return to London, maybe next year? Hopefully Britain will be sort of corona free by then. The Pound by then may also be very cheap (winking smiley).

Ultimately when the band no longer exists as a functioning band (which it kind of seems like already with no touring and no new music),
the Exhibition will probably be housed in a permanent small museum type setting somewhere in London, possibly with tons of extra stuff thrown in.
Not looking forward to the day when the band really no longer exists, but surely there will always be something to see, listen to, and experience from their past - just like The Beatles.

Date: March 24, 2021 22:09

Hairball
georgie48
NilsHolgersson

Ultimately when the band no longer exists as a functioning band (which it kind of seems like already with no touring and no new music),
the Exhibition will probably be housed in a permanent small museum type setting somewhere in London, possibly with tons of extra stuff thrown in.
Not looking forward to the day when the band really no longer exists, but surely there will always be something to see, listen to, and experience from their past - just like The Beatles.

No doubt about it. Although their music is not really my cup of tea, I enjoyed seeing the permanent ABBA exhibition in Stockholm. There is a small sort of Beatles museum near Alkmaar in the Netherlands. I'll go there one day, possibly with my Beatles fanclub former chairman friend. Nostalgia, what would we do without it?
But as far as the Stones go, I am pretty sure something is cooking in their pan ... winking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 24, 2021 22:58

georgie48
Hairball
georgie48
NilsHolgersson

No doubt about it. Although their music is not really my cup of tea, I enjoyed seeing the permanent ABBA exhibition in Stockholm. There is a small sort of Beatles museum near Alkmaar in the Netherlands. I'll go there one day, possibly with my Beatles fanclub former chairman friend. Nostalgia, what would we do without it?
But as far as the Stones go, I am pretty sure something is cooking in their pan ... winking smiley

If you haven't been, you could visit Liverpool some day georgie - it's infested with all things Beatles (tours, shops, museums, etc., etc., etc.), and chances are you'll be converted to being a Beatles fan forever!
Stroll down the Long and Winding Road, and make your way across Penny Lane, and end up at Strawberry Field, after chatting with Mean Mister Mustard and Lovely Rita Meter Maid.....winking smiley

Date: March 25, 2021 00:36

Hairball
georgie48
Hairball
georgie48
NilsHolgersson

If you haven't been, you could visit Liverpool some day georgie - it's infested with all things Beatles (tours, shops, museums, etc., etc., etc.), and chances are you'll be converted to being a Beatles fan forever!
Stroll down the Long and Winding Road, and make your way across Penny Lane, and end up at Strawberry Field, after chatting with Mean Mister Mustard and Lovely Rita Meter Maid.....winking smiley

Well Hairball, I spent almost a year in Liverpool (study) in 1971 .... and I survived as a Stones fan winking smiley
It was a magical year, because I bought Sticky Fingers there and a was impressed by the unique logo. I off course visited the original Cavern Club (it was closed and barred), Penny Lane (no street name plates), Strawberry Fields, John Lennon's Art School was only a few blocks away, and I lived in the same street as where Brian Epstein used to live (Rodney Street). I also made sure to get me a Beatles album (Abbey Road) so "they" wouldn't linch me cool smiley
Many many years later I returned (took my family along) and saw the modernised Liverpool with the Beatles statue. Oh yes, the Beatles are part of my life, but ... somehow I am still a (very) diehard Rolling Stones fan winking smiley

Date: March 26, 2021 14:25

From [Twitter.com] , [www.RTVNoord.nl] - (25-Mar-2021):

"The Groninger Museum remains hopeful that the Rolling Stones - Unzipped exhibition will remain in Groningen after 18 April. The exhibition would then actually be going to Marseille, but there are talks with the French about a possible postponement. We will continue to fight to keep the exhibition in Groningen for longer, but it is no longer in our hands,' says Willemien Bouwers of the Groninger Museum. It is now up to the management of the museum in Marseille. The chance that it will be possible to keep the exhibition in Groningen for a longer period of time is small, however. We have already extended it twice and it remains to be seen whether we will be able to do so again."

Date: March 26, 2021 16:54

A lot of public culture funds wasted

Date: March 30, 2021 17:13

Groninger Museum can no longer extend popular Rolling Stones exhibition

After the lockdown, it will not be possible to view the Rolling Stone exhibition in the Groninger Museum. The exhibition will be available until April 18. After that, however, the exhibition must go to a museum in Marseille, a spokesperson said.

The exhibition, which attracted great interest immediately after its opening at the end of 2019, had to close in March 2020 due to the corona crisis.

The museum was temporarily open in the summer and autumn, but the new lockdown has already been running for four months. The chance that the museum will be able to receive new visitors before April 18 seems small given the increasing number of infections.

In total, only twenty thousand people were able to see the collection in the museum. The Groninger Museum wanted to try to keep the exhibition longer at home. The exhibition, in which more than four hundred original objects from the collection of the Stones are on display, can be seen online.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6465666768697071727374...LastNext
Current Page: 69 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home