Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism - Unzipped
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 4, 2021 19:32

Maybe Groningen will be extended? Or Marseilles added?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 4, 2021 19:37

Marseilles was supposed to be in the summer before Kitchener anyway. I think this is just a case of playing it safe with COVID.

Date: January 4, 2021 19:59

Ugh. I hate driving to Kitchener in the winter... Hwy 401 clogged with transport trucks and sloppy with snow and slush. If Keith or Ronnie come for the opening, I politely beg for a lift!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 4, 2021 20:22

You can buy tickets for the opening November 29th à $250

Be the first in Canada to experience The Rolling Stones | UNZIPPED and support THEMUSEUM!

The evening begins at 6:30pm with special guests and includes refreshments, a live music and more! Then explore the Stones influence on art, design, fashion and yes music!

[unzippedkw.ca]

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 11, 2021 21:11

The 5 week lockdown in the Netherlands would end on January 19.
Tomorrow will be announced that the lockdown will be extended by 3 more weeks... at least...

Hope Unzipped will open again somewhere in february

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: January 11, 2021 22:40

Anyone else had enough of this pandemic?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 11, 2021 23:28

masseywinos

What I've had enough of are the a-holes that don't take it seriously. They don't care about other people. They won't wear masks, or barely do, leaving their noses out. I don't know how big of jerks they are in Europe, but here in America they're everywhere. They've certainly lowered my estimations of human beings.

Date: January 12, 2021 00:17

masseywinos

Yeah...but an announcement coming from Douggie tomorrow that may really lock us down. Considering hibernation.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: January 12, 2021 03:07

Yes I live near Toronto too. Doesn't sound like a curfew though.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 12, 2021 19:28

The lockdown in the Netherlands will be extended till februari 9 and musea are stiil closed until the 9th. Allthough i really understand it it´s really a shame that this exhibition hardly wasn´t open and people couldn´t visit it.
Hopefully the Netherlands will get a second chance

Date: January 12, 2021 20:57

ErwinH
The 5 week lockdown in the Netherlands would end on January 19.
Tomorrow will be announced that the lockdown will be extended by 3 more weeks... at least...

Hope Unzipped will open again somewhere in february

Unzipped is extendend till March 28th

[www.dvhn.nl]

Date: January 12, 2021 23:12

[www.rtvnoord.nl]

A random quote from this article:
"the traveling exhibition is expected in Marseille in France in June."

translation:

Rolling Stones exhibition Unzipped extended until March 28

Worrying faces in the Groninger Museum. Due to the extension of the lockdown, the reopening of the Unzipped exhibition about the Rolling Stones has to be postponed. 'We are therefore going to extend the exhibition from 28 February to 28 March', says director Andreas Blühm.
The exhibition opened on November 20, but after a few weeks the museum had to close due to the lockdown. Now that it became known on Tuesday that museums will also be closed until at least 9 February, it has been decided to extend the exhibition. 'Of course we want as many people as possible to be able to come and see', says Blühm.

Possibly even longer than March 28th
The Rolling Stones - Unzipped may even renew for more than a month. The question is whether that will work. The Groninger Museum itself can 'easily slide' in its agenda, but the traveling exhibition is expected in Marseille in France in June.

For the museum, the extension of the lockdown announced by Prime Minister Mark Rutte on Tuesday evening is no big surprise. 'We were already mentally prepared for it, but it is still very annoying and disappointing.'

We need 130,000 visitors to break even. That becomes so very difficult
Andreas Blühm - director of the Groninger Museum
A total of 20,000 people have visited the exhibition so far, which normally could have been double. The comparable exhibition about David Bowie attracted more than 200,000 visitors in four months in 2016. It is therefore a major financial blow for the museum.

'We need 130,000 visitors to break even. That will be so very difficult. ' Without extra support, we will quickly run out of reserves. '

'Museum continues to exist'
Blühm is not afraid that the Groninger Museum will have to close permanently. 'The museum will continue to exist. In the 'worst case scenario' in which we make an enormous loss, we will talk to subsidy providers and we will be more economical, but we will not close. '

Posted by: Freebird1959 ()
Date: January 13, 2021 01:04

Mabru
The lockdown in the Netherlands will be extended till februari 9 and musea are stiil closed until the 9th. Allthough i really understand it it´s really a shame that this exhibition hardly wasn´t open and people couldn´t visit it.
Hopefully the Netherlands will get a second chance

Dat is goed nieuws! Zodra het open gaat en de hotels in Groningen ook, dan doe ik 2 daagjes Groningen!

Posted by: Freebird1959 ()
Date: January 13, 2021 01:05

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 13, 2021 01:14

This gives me a chance to visit (maybe). Who knows how lock we'll be in lockdown? This British covid strain seems to throw us back to march 2020

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 13, 2021 14:30

Freebird1959

Official: [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] , [www.GroningerMuseum.nl] .

The Museum is also closed until Tuesday, 9-Feb-2021 - [Twitter.com] .

Date: January 13, 2021 21:05

Date: January 13, 2021 22:38

[www.cbc.ca]

Regional councillors have pressed pause on a request from TheMuseum in Kitchener for $100,000 to promote an upcoming exhibit about the Rolling Stones outside Waterloo region.

Date: January 13, 2021 23:27

Lien
[www.cbc.ca]

Regional councillors have pressed pause on a request from TheMuseum in Kitchener for $100,000 to promote an upcoming exhibit about the Rolling Stones outside Waterloo region.

Jeeez, they finally had something worthy to spend our tax dollars on... sad smiley

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: January 18, 2021 12:26

According "La Provence" newspaper today edition (source Office du Tourisme de Marseille), the Unzipped exhibition is scheduled at Orange Velodrome stadium mid-june to mid-september 2021.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-18 12:49 by Massimo68.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: January 18, 2021 19:06

thumbs up cote d'Azur, j'arrive!

Date: February 1, 2021 18:10

Tomorrow we will know for sure
but it looks like the lockdown in the Netherlands will be extended until march 2nd...at least...

No Unzipped next few weeks

Date: February 3, 2021 14:21

https://www.oogtv.nl/2021/02/er-wordt-hard-gewerkt-om-unzipped-nog-ietsjes-langer-in-groninger-museum-te-houden/

Google Translate:

“We are working hard to keep 'Unzipped' in the Groninger Museum a little longer”

The press conference of outgoing Prime Minister Mark Rutte (VVD) Tuesday evening has major consequences for the Groninger Museum. Due to the extension of the lockdown, the museum cannot open its doors until the beginning of March.

“We are gradually used to bad news,” says director Andreas Blühm. “But to be fair, you never get used to bad news. We had already suspected that there was little chance that we would be able to open again. In principle, we can offer the exhibition "Unzipped" by The Rolling Stones until the end of March. At the moment there are talks taking place where there might be a tiny bit of room to extend it a little further. But that will not be much. This has to do with the fact that Unzipped is expected in France in June. ”

Blühm also praises the team of The Stones. “They do everything they can to make the most possible. But ultimately we are dependent on the measures as they are. ” The Unzipped exhibition opened in November last year. A total of 20,000 people were able to visit. To run even, 200,000 visitors are needed.

Date: February 13, 2021 18:31

Online tour Groninger Museum this Friday ( free) !

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 13, 2021 19:14

Lien
Online tour Groninger Museum this Friday ( free) !

[www.facebook.com]

This is bad news. Seems like the Groninger Museum doesn't think the lockdown will be finished end of March (me neither btw). Really sad, I was really looking forward to visiting this exhibition. I don't think it's going to happen.

Date: February 17, 2021 17:10

Lien

Online tour Groninger Museum this Friday

Unzipped-Tour, 19-Feb-2021, 7:30pm (CET) - [Twitter.com] , [www.BankGiroLoterij.nl] - (Facebook required).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 17:15 by Irix.

Date: February 19, 2021 19:22

A little reminder....

In 1 hour from now is the free online Unzipped tour on facebook.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch live myself probably...

Date: February 19, 2021 19:38

Youtubelink

[youtu.be]

Date: February 19, 2021 22:00

Lien

Youtubelink

It was temporarily blocked due to content of Eagle Rock .... sad smiley .... but worked then again. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-20 01:30 by Irix.

Date: February 19, 2021 22:37

Irix
Lien

Youtubelink

Blocked due to content of Eagle Rock .... sad smiley

It's available here on Facebook ;

[fb.watch]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home