Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism - Unzipped
Posted by: RG ()
Date: December 8, 2020 17:00

I've been there one week ago and I was very impressed.
What a great exhibition, especially the clothes. I recommend everyone to go and see it if you are in the possibility.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 8, 2020 18:46

The beer will be on eBay soon enough. Probably for hundreds like the recent color edition records. Makes me wonder if it's the same personspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: December 8, 2020 21:10

DandelionPowderman..... did you accidentally lose a guitarpick at Edith Grove 102 ??

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 8, 2020 21:13

Erwin!!! grinning smiley

Date: December 8, 2020 21:45

LOL!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 10, 2020 21:41

rcfoxy
UNZIPPED - Kitchener, Canada - November 2021 - Tickets On Sale Now!!

[themuseum.ca]

The Rolling Stones Mobile Studio should make an appearance.
(As should I, virus permitting winking smiley)

Now The Rolling Stones Floating Mobile (RSFM) best I can surmise..
Housed at The National Music Centre in Calgary.

The National Music Centre is pleased to announced the completion of a top secret project. The Rolling Stones Mobile (RSM) has spent the last several months at a secret offsite storage facility, undergoing a bit of a transformation. The iconic mobile studio has been retrofitted onto the deck of a cargo barge to allow sufficient buoyancy for travel by water.

“Today is a historic day for Calgary and for Canada, and a very exciting day for the National Music Centre. Our dream has always been to bring music to every corner of Canada from coast to coast to coast and now that dream has become a reality,” says President and CEO of NMC, Andrew Mosker.

The Rolling Stones Floating Mobile (RSFM) will embark on its maiden voyage down the Bow River from the boat launch in the East Village near the NMC construction site, down through Carseland south of Calgary and on into the South Saskatchewan River.
[amplify.nmc.ca]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 12, 2020 14:16

[themuseum.ca]

Rolling Stones NYE in a Box

Since You Can't Always Get What You Want, THEMUSEUM is here to Get You What You Need this New Year's Eve! Ring in 2021 with our Rolling Stones NYE in a Box - everything you need to celebrate safely at home with a loved one.

Your Box Includes:
A bottle of Peller Estates Ice Cuvee
This sparking wine blends traditional Champagne methods with a delicious Niagara twist: it's topped with a subtle dosage of Vidal Icewine.
A link to an Ice Cuvee tasting video from renowned sommelier Susan Sterling.
A box of 4 mini Rolling Stones desserts by Chef D Tv
Sticky Fingers Toffee Pudding with Earl Grey Raisins and Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise
House Made Skor Butter Tarts with Brown Sugar
Cardamom Scented [Y]east of Burden Doughnuts with Mick Jaggery Glaze
The Harlem Triffle with [Lime] is on my side English Custard, Sponge Cake, Tequila Treacle and Sweet Virginia Whipped Cream
The FIRST 100 purchasers receive $25.00 Downtown Dollars
The Rolling Stones UNZIPPED playing cards
NYE swag to ring in the New Year in style
A coupon for 10% off our soon to open Rolling Stones merchandise store (RS 10 King)
A tax receipt for the largest possible amount
Exclusive access to our online auction.

Date: December 14, 2020 13:25

At 7 pm here in the Netherlands our Prime Minister will announce another lockdown.
Schools, theatres, non-essential stores, hairdressers, etc will have to close from tonight midnight until january 19th at least... sad smiley

So... Unzipped will be closed...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 14, 2020 14:15

ErwinH

So... Unzipped will be closed...

Maybe the exhibition period will be extended then later on? But that could also mean that Unzipped won't return to Europe until early 2022 at the earliest due to the Canada date.

Date: December 14, 2020 14:31

On local tv I heard somebody say that an extension won't be possible, maybe a few days or max 1 week....

In this article the museum-director says an extension is NOT possible :

[www.rtvnoord.nl]

Date: December 14, 2020 15:24

Damn. Sorry Erwin. I wonder if your pick will still be in Edith Grove when Unzipped arrives here. (Maybe I should leave another one... grinning smiley )

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: December 14, 2020 17:04

Isn't the next schedulded stop Marseille (before Canana)?

Date: December 14, 2020 17:25

Stoneswolf

Isn't the next scheduled stop Marseille (before Canada)?

It's a rumor - but nothing is officially confirmed yet.

20-Nov-2020 by DvhN: "Groningen is the first city in Europe where Unzipped can be seen. The Groninger Museum will make it through the winter. In the summer the exhibition moves to Marseille. What follows is uncertain. There is interest from Canada. There are also plans to bring Unzipped back to England in 2022 when the band celebrates its 60th anniversary." - Dagblad van het Noorden - (in Dutch).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 17:55 by Irix.

Date: December 14, 2020 17:55

14-Dec-2020: New lockdown a drama for Groninger Museum: Unzipped threatens to plunge into red figures

"The new lockdown is a major setback for the Groninger Museum. Director Andreas Blühm hoped that the restrictive measures would make it even with the Rolling Stones exhibition Unzipped. Now that the museum will close for another five weeks, he foresees a loss.

"It's a great tragedy", Blühm responds to the new lockdown. "The duration of the imposed closure is also a major setback," says the director. We started the exhibition with a week's delay due to corona and now we have to close for another five weeks.

Half fewer visitors than usual

The museum director was optimistic about the financial outcome of Unzipped. "I have lost that optimism. At first I thought that despite corona, we could still break even with the exhibition. I foresee that we will lose with this exhibition".

The Unzipped exhibition attracts 5500 visitors a week. A total of 20,0000 people have now visited the exhibition. Under normal circumstances that would have been double that number.

Blühm assumes that the loss could have been absorbed if the Unzipped, which runs until 28 February, could have been extended by five or six weeks. Blühm is going to start negotiations to this end, but he considers the chance of an extension to be small. "Unzipped has to start operations in Marseilles after the summer." By the way, he does see room to postpone the planning for upcoming exhibitions should there be an extension.

No infections after a visit to the museum

Blühm refers to the forced closure as sour because the employees put a great deal of time, energy and money into a corona-robbing facility. We have received all the praise for that. As far as we know, no one became infected with corona after visiting Unzipped.

The museum director has not closed his eyes to new measures. "Of course we knew that there was always a chance that the museum would close again. With hindsight you can say: had stricter measures been taken earlier, but that is retrospective. We only hope that a vaccine will improve the situation and that the lockdown will lead to fewer people entering the hospital."

Close during 'busiest period of time'

Harry Tupan, director of the Drents Museum in Assen, calls the imposed closure a hard blow. "In other years the period between Christmas and New Year and the following week is one of the best periods for the museum. It's full house then. This is a setback from an operational point of view".

The new closure is not all that unexpected. "We've been taking it into account for some time now. For us it means that we have a lot of things to take care of. Just think of all the people who have bought tickets over the Internet".

The exhibitions about Henk Helmantel and Matthias Weischer are good for about three thousand visitors a week. "That's not bad at all if you compare the numbers with museums in the Randstad. There they are even more dependent on foreign visitors and there aren't any at all".

Also 2021 is disturbed by corona

For the time being, visitors are no longer welcome in the museum. "We fully understand that." Tupan expects that the new year will also be different because of corona. "We are eagerly looking forward to the vaccination programme. But even with a vaccine, 2021 will be seriously disrupted by corona".

Tupan says that it will not be able to delay the programming. "Just last week we signed the contracts for the exhibition Under the spell of Ararat. That exhibition has already been postponed for a year this spring and should be open to visitors next year"

[www.DvhN.nl] - (in Dutch).

Date: December 14, 2020 21:20

Official:

"The Groninger Museum is currently closed. We expect to remain closed through Tuesday 19 January 2021."

[www.GroningerMuseum.nl] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-14 22:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 14, 2020 21:49

So Marseille "after the summer", but Kitchener in November?

That doesn't add up.

Do we know a start date for Marseille?

Date: December 14, 2020 22:00

Topi

So Marseille "after the summer", but Kitchener in November?

Groninger Museum Director Andreas Blühm still hopes to extend Unzipped by five or six weeks. He's going to start negotiations to this end, but he considers the chance of an extension to be small. Therefore he expects Marseille after the summer - [www.DvhN.nl] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 15, 2020 10:51

If that's the case, there would still be an empty slot between Groningen and Marseille.

I was under the impression that Marseille was planned for the spring/summer.

Of course, the pandemic will still be around, stirring things up...

Date: December 15, 2020 11:55

Topi

If that's the case, there would still be an empty slot between Groningen and Marseille.

Looks like they changed with Unzipped also their strategy: only one exhibition every half year (winter vs. summer) but long term and global. The old concept of 12 cities in just 4 years seems to be obsolete. Just a guess.

Date: December 15, 2020 12:05

These guys used to have lots of fun:

Since Unzipped is closed they seem te be less happy....

Date: December 15, 2020 12:19

Is Keith sleeping? winking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 16, 2020 03:23

Gina Mc Carthy loves the stones!

[static01.nyt.com]

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: December 16, 2020 19:37

I went last sunday afternoon, I was just in time : Saw the exhibition, had a swim in the hotel pool, and several meals in their rerstaurant in Groningen. Just in time. All 3 are forbidden now sad smiley

Really nice exhibition, it took me about 4 hours, it wasn't crowded, but it wasn't quiet either. But you really feel safe inside, lots of security, mouthmasks etcetera.

Concerning the excitement : It was a bit like going to a Stones show.......

Date: December 18, 2020 16:56

Living In A Ghost Town.... Groningen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqtnzlAbw9s

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 18, 2020 19:44

ErwinH
Living In A Ghost Town.... Groningen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqtnzlAbw9s

Very nice, Erwin!!!
The song is back! Anywhere around the world!
But .... didn't you forget something? The world famous "Peerd van Ome Loeks" statue? Or did some foreign Rolling Stones fan run away with it? For outsiders its "Uncle Loeks Horse".
winking smiley

Date: December 18, 2020 20:12

Hi georgie48....
oops... I forgot to mention I didn't make it.

Groninger Museum didn't make it,
but they put it on twitter today.

Yesterday the peerd was still there... :-)

Date: December 18, 2020 20:20

ErwinH

Groninger Museum didn't make it, but they put it on twitter today.

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 26, 2020 17:31

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 26, 2020 18:39

Lien
Unzipped Kitchener,Canada merch

[themuseum-of-ideas-transcending-objects.myshopify.com]

Missed the mark on the tongue mask here imo...
Unzipped.. the zipper with the Canadian tongue woulda worked much better winking smiley

Date: December 27, 2020 00:40

MisterDDDD
Missed the mark on the tongue mask here imo...
Unzipped.. the zipper with the Canadian tongue woulda worked much better ;

Yes, the one in Groningen is much better! Just superimpose the Canuck tongue logo. (Kitchener, are you listening?)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home