Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism - Unzipped
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 27, 2020 22:39

georgie48
ErwinH
I was referring to the sentence about the backgroundsingers,
it says Bernard is a female backgroundsinger... Bernadette Fowler? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You have a sharp eye winking smiley
Indeed a silly mistake. But some of the ones I mentioned are also not historically correct. I wonder who was responsible for the text. He/she should have "hired" you and some other diehard fan (me for instance grinning smiley) as correctors to double check all the written texts cool smiley

Billy Wymans... Tim Reis ..

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 27, 2020 22:50

Did Lisa quit because of here solo career ? I thought she was fired..

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 28, 2020 00:19

ErwinH
I was referring to the sentence about the backgroundsingers,
it says Bernard is a female backgroundsinger... Bernadette Fowler? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Jeeez, it used to be bad enough when Bernard was just mistaken for Darryl...! grinning smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 28, 2020 12:26

Question: Online it says that today the open ticket booking until mid december. But they show not a single ticket is available? Sold out? Or they havent started? Anyone?
Cheers and Thanks
Dirk

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: November 28, 2020 13:24

Every fridaynight, midnight CET, new tickets go on sale.
Last night tickets until dec 11 went on sale, it's almost sold out already.

Posted by: Marthijn ()
Date: November 29, 2020 20:03

Maybe this has been discussed already, but did anyone notice that different from Exibitionism in London Unzipped didn't have any item from the Bill Wyman Archives.

Did Bill sell everything or is he done with being a part of Rolling Stones history?

Date: November 30, 2020 15:47

New tickets available now for 5-11 december !

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 1, 2020 14:33

Marthijn
Maybe this has been discussed already, but did anyone notice that different from Exibitionism in London Unzipped didn't have any item from the Bill Wyman Archives.

Did Bill sell everything or is he done with being a part of Rolling Stones history?

According to curator Ileen Gallagher; at first he provided some stuff but changed his mind and wanted everything back.
The only bass guitar on display is one by Darryl Jones.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 1, 2020 16:37

schwonek
Question: Online it says that today the open ticket booking until mid december. But they show not a single ticket is available? Sold out? Or they havent started? Anyone?
Cheers and Thanks
Dirk
Buy tickets on saturday at 0:01 CET and you can choose smiling smiley
They release tickets each week smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-01 16:38 by MononoM.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 1, 2020 16:55

MononoM

They release tickets each week

Yes - simply follow the Ticket-announcements on [Twitter.com] and [www.Facebook.com] .

Date: December 1, 2020 18:13

Plenty tickets available for December 5th , 6th and 11th

[www.groningermuseum.nl]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 2, 2020 09:05

Koen
Everyone say ‘Groningen’ ten times in a row! smoking smiley

Chroningen

Date: December 2, 2020 09:06

I'm more interested in the program book than the exhibition. Can you order that online?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-02 09:06 by Nikkei.

Date: December 2, 2020 10:43

Nikkei
I'm more interested in the program book than the exhibition. Can you order that online?

Yes , here for example...and you'll get a free unzipped bag .

[www.platomania.nl]

Date: December 2, 2020 12:20

Nikkei

I'm more interested in the program book than the exhibition.

The Unzipped-Book (in Dutch) is even available on [www.Amazon.co.uk] .

The Unzipped-Magazine (in Dutch) is available online: [www.GroningerMuseum.nl] .

There's a Unzipped-Special (in Dutch) by Platomania.nl.

Date: December 2, 2020 12:22

Lien
Nikkei

Yes , here for example...and you'll get a free unzipped bag .

[www.platomania.nl]

Hey, thanks! The price being what you'd come to expect, the bag might actually be the dealbreaker here...

Date: December 2, 2020 12:30

On the other hand it serves to allude the false impression that one went to see the exhibition. I would like to see it but then I also take the travel restrictions seriously. I guess it should come to germany at some point but it would also be fun to decipher the inscriptions in dutch, that you can also have with the book. I haven't made up my mind

Date: December 2, 2020 13:10

Nikkei

I would like to see it but then I also take the travel restrictions seriously.

It would be possible to attend the Unzipped-Exhibition with a stay in Germany near the Dutch border (e.g. Leer or Emden), Hotels are open in Lower Saxony for family visits over Xmas. And ain't the Stones our family? winking smiley

The Unzipped-Exhibition is open 7 days a week from 10am to 10pm. Special opening hours on 24 Dec: 10am–6pm, 25 Dec: closed, 31 Dec: 10am–6pm, 1 Jan: noon–10pm - [www.GroningerMuseum.nl] .

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: December 2, 2020 13:19

Irix
Nikkei

It would be possible to attend the Unzipped-Exhibition with a stay in Germany near the Dutch border (e.g. Leer or Emden), Hotels are open in Lower Saxony for family visits over Xmas. And ain't the Stones our family? winking smiley

The Unzipped-Exhibition is open 7 days a week from 10am to 10pm. Special opening hours on 24 Dec: 10am–6pm, 25 Dec: closed, 31 Dec: 10am–6pm, 1 Jan: noon–10pm - [www.GroningerMuseum.nl] .

But you have to have quarantine when traveling to NL... so before attending the Exhibition you have to stay at home in the Netherlands for 14 days

Date: December 2, 2020 13:30

henrik87

But you have to have quarantine when traveling to NL...

It's 'just' a recommendation: [www.Government.nl] .

Date: December 2, 2020 13:34

Irix
Nikkei

Hehehe you got a real point there. Matter of fact I know these places because Groningen was always worth a trip for other obvious reasons smoking smiley There's a funny story regarding the railroad bridge that used to connect Leer to the Netherlands. It was one of these bridges that opens up for ships to pass through but a few years ago on the Ems river a drunken captain could not be bothered to wait for that and steered his ship into that bridge which put an end to these day trips. Maybe it's not that funny actually. I don't even know if they managed to put that back together as of now...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-02 13:40 by Nikkei.

Date: December 2, 2020 13:52

A boat crashed into the Friesenbrücke in 2015,
they're rebuilding it and it's expected to be finished in 2024.
I didn't know the captain was drunk confused smiley

Date: December 2, 2020 14:12

You're right, I got that mixed up. The drunk captain luckily just got his ship stuck on a sandbank. They identified miscommunication as the reason for the bridge incident.

Date: December 2, 2020 16:20

"Make your own Stones record sleeve after your visit to Unzipped. You can get to work yourself in our atelier! Make your own record sleeve here in the Stones colours with convenient printing techniques."

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com]

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: December 8, 2020 04:32

UNZIPPED - Kitchener, Canada - November 2021 - Tickets On Sale Now!!

[themuseum.ca]

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 8, 2020 06:29

rcfoxy
UNZIPPED - Kitchener, Canada - November 2021 - Tickets On Sale Now!!

[themuseum.ca]

It’s been so long since I bought a ticket to anything, I was weeping! smileys with beer

Date: December 8, 2020 09:35

Rolling-Stones-verbieden-verkoop-Gronings-bier

Google translate:

The Rolling Stones have summoned the Groningen brewer Martinus to stop selling a number of specialty beers. The city brewery sold the beers with the Stones logo as a label on the occasion of the exhibition in the Groninger Museum.

Martinus brewed six different beers for the exhibition. All named after songs by the Rolling Stones. The brewer used a logo made available by the Groninger Museum and Marketing Groningen as the label. This consists of the world famous Stones logo of the protruding tongue, in the colors of the Groningen flag. The Groningen beer was received enthusiastically until an angry letter was received from Martinus.

Logo was developed by Groninger Museum
Albert-Jan Swierstra of the Martinus brewery himself does not want to say much about the case, the stones want to have summoned him not only to stop the sale but also not to contact the media. "The logo was developed by the Groninger Museum and there is now a discussion about whether or not I should use it. At the moment no one knows. "

Take Advantage of Visitors Unzipped
"We would like all entrepreneurs to be able to benefit from the exhibition," says Karina Smrkovsky of the Groninger Museum. "Hitch a ride, do your thing and take advantage of the visitors who come to it. That is why we have developed that logo, so that entrepreneurs can show that they are a proud partner of Unzipped.

The beer brewer can now hide that pride. It is not clear whether there are also financial consequences to the issue. "I don't know exactly what the charge is. They can use the logo to show that they are a partner of this exhibition, "says Smrkovsky. "But if the logo is not used as a partner logo but more as a product, then I can imagine that is not good."

Use logo at your own risk
The Groninger Stones logo is offered via a "toolkit" on the Marketing Groningen site. The site warns that the use of the logo is at your own risk and that entrepreneurs should contact the Rolling Stones through the Groninger Museum if in doubt.

"As far as I know, Martinus has also done that," says Sandra Lambers of Marketing Groningen. There is now busy consultation with the Stones. "We are in contact with both parties and we try to support Martinus in this as well as possible."

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 8, 2020 13:17

Finally a Stones product I am interested in purchasing...drinking smiley

And then they bloody stopped it...angry smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-08 13:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 8, 2020 13:35

Those beers will be worth a lot more now!

Date: December 8, 2020 15:05

I just called a few liquorstores...
and it seems like I found the last available Unzipped beerpack smileys with beer

Soon I'll be feeling drunk, juiced up and sloppy...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home