Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism - Unzipped
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: October 19, 2020 20:35

Meanwhile at the party favor store in Groningen...

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: October 19, 2020 21:21

OMG.... haha...
Now people won't believe me anymore when I tell Groningen is a great city.... thanks Lien :-)

I'm glad they didn't put a Charlie-doll in there...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 20, 2020 00:02

ErwinH
...I'm glad they didn't put a Charlie-doll in there...

Why, when they have you?! grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 20, 2020 00:12

Heck !!!! ...

Ronnie looks like he's
been injecting puddin' into his face ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 31, 2020 02:31

It's only 2 weeks before opening of Unzipped...

The museum is gettin ready...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 31, 2020 02:34

Thanks Erwin ..... lookin' good ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 31, 2020 12:15

ErwinH

The museum is gettin ready...

With an integrated DHL-Shop?

An unknown customer: "Sorry, I saw a DHL-logo, a lot of boxes, a parcel-sign .... and I thought there would be ...." grinning smiley

Date: October 31, 2020 12:54

When you look at the pictures on those walls, and the text
Charlie, Ronnie, Keith, Mick, Bill, Brian and Ian are mentioned...

"Although the line-up has changed over the years... "

Again... no sign of Mick Taylor involved.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 31, 2020 13:34

ErwinH

Do you think it's intensional? I don't think so. When the Stones were honoured in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, Bill and Charlie weren' there. Mick Taylor was.
Some genious people drew conclusions out of that.
The period 1970 - 1974 was very crucial for the Stones. Robbed from all their money they had to work their balls of via great albums and ever so great tours to finally makes themselves financially independent. Mick Taylor was very essential during those years. I can not imagine that they would not pay any attention to him.
But ... many of the IORR Stones fans have visited Exhibitionism either in the UK, USA, Japan, Australia, so they surely willl know.
Like you, with two more weeks to go, I'm "biting my nails" winking smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: November 2, 2020 01:53

Rumour:
Probably Tuesday the government is gonna announcing that from Thursday November 5th all the musea in the the Netherlands have to shut down the doors for at least 2 weeks to get down the numbers of Covid infections.

Source: [t.co] (article in Dutch)

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: November 2, 2020 15:56

Thanks Erwin for the pictures.
I hope that it will be possible to actually visit the Exbibition.

Posted by: Torontoluke ()
Date: November 2, 2020 16:57

Not sure if anyone posted. Tickets for the show in Kitchener, Ontario (about 1 hour from Toronto) went on sale today.

[unzippedkw.ca]

Posted by: torontostoner ()
Date: November 3, 2020 02:36

Already purchased! Can’t wait. Went to the London Exhibitionism. It was fantastic!
And now Stones Unzipped for 2021! Life’s good

Date: November 3, 2020 04:28

Geeeez, I feel kinda late to the party... (Will check tomorrow!)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 3, 2020 04:32

ErwinH

Weird....someone's trying to erase him out of history - what a shame.

Date: November 3, 2020 07:56

Hairball
ErwinH

The text says "although the line-up has changed over the years". This, to me, doesn't mean "erasing Taylor's role in the band". Dick Taylor wasn't mentioned either. Anyone these days, who is really interested in the Stones (and maybe not being a Stones fan) can simply check with Internet/Wikipedia for the details of the Stones' history.
If "someone", like on the Dartford sign, that also p*ssed off Bill Wyman, tries to score with Mick and Keith and intentionally tries to erase people, well ... fake news grinning smiley

Date: November 3, 2020 08:14

georgie48
Hairball
ErwinH

The text says "although the line-up has changed over the years". This, to me, doesn't mean "erasing Taylor's role in the band". Dick Taylor wasn't mentioned either. Anyone these days, who is really interested in the Stones (and maybe not being a Stones fan) can simply check with Internet/Wikipedia for the details of the Stones' history.
If "someone", like on the Dartford sign, that also p*ssed off Bill Wyman, tries to score with Mick and Keith and intentionally tries to erase people, well ... fake news grinning smiley

Well georgie, Mick Taylor is no Dick Taylor (lol), and considering the major role he played in the bands golden years as the lead guitar player, you'd think they might mention his name!
This is The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism, and they really shouldn't neglect one of their greatest members who took part on some of the greatest albums and tours in their 55+ year history.

Date: November 3, 2020 09:16

Hairball
georgie48
Hairball
ErwinH

Well georgie, Mick Taylor is no Dick Taylor (lol), and considering the major role he played in the bands golden years as the lead guitar player, you'd think they might mention his name!
This is The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism, and they really shouldn't neglect one of their greatest members who took part on some of the greatest albums and tours in their 55+ year history.

Hi Hairball, off course I completely agree with you on this. So I look forward to see the whole exhibition. If Mick Taylor doesn't get the attention he deserves, you can be sure I will let the Stones know through the proper channels. Has any IORR fan already visited the exhibition?
It may take some time because this evening our government is almost certainly going to announce that all museums, theatres, etc., etc. Will be closed for a month as of next week. So the opening day of November 14 will be moved ahead for at least 3-4 weeks. Too bad ...thumbs downconfused smiley

Date: November 3, 2020 12:30

Torontoluke
Not sure if anyone posted. Tickets for the show in Kitchener, Ontario (about 1 hour from Toronto) went on sale today.

[unzippedkw.ca]

When I click on the link it takes me to a page requiring a password. Help? Lavish thanks.

Date: November 3, 2020 12:45

SomeTorontoGirl

When I click on the link it takes me to a page requiring a password. Help?

Maybe it's because the public Ticket-sale starts 4-Nov-2020, 9:00am - [unzippedkw.ca] .

There was also an exclusive pre-sale (48 hours) on 2-Nov-2020 for members - [Twitter.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Facebook.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-03 12:55 by Irix.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 3, 2020 12:57

I wonder if it's going to happen at all any time soon. Tonight at 7 pm there's a press conference and it's reported the government will close all museums, theatres, cinemas, zoos etc in the Netherlands for a new lockdown.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 3, 2020 12:57

georgie48
ErwinH

Do you think it's intensional? I don't think so. When the Stones were honoured in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, Bill and Charlie weren' there. Mick Taylor was.
The period 1970 - 1974 was very crucial for the Stones. Robbed from all their money they had to work their balls of via great albums and ever so great tours to finally makes themselves financially independent. Mick Taylor was very essential during those years. I can not imagine that they would not pay any attention to him.
But ... many of the IORR Stones fans have visited Exhibitionism either in the UK, USA, Japan, Australia, so they surely willl know.
smileys with beer

To me it looks like it was just a long story made short. They just wanted to tell (1) the founding members/original line-up (great Stu was mentioned) and then (2) the current line-up that has been around for almost 30 decades soon. In order to explain the change from (1) to (2) - which now is covered by a short sentence "Although the line up has changed along the years" - they would have needed to tell things like (a) Ian Stewart was kicked out pretty soon (which asks explanation: ALO, him being a road manager and a side man until to his death, etc.); (b) Brian Jones was replaced by Mick Taylor for a couple of years; (c) Mick Taylor was replaced then by Ronnie Wood; (d) Bill Wyman retired in 1993, and was never replaced by an official member, although some side musician has played plays his part ever since.

So just for economic and aesthetic reasons, and knowing people's attention span, I understand the reason they didn't open up more the changes in their line-up (and some of them doesn't even look too good... Stu's fate, Wyman's non-replacement...). So I don't see any intentional urge to erase Mick Taylor out of their history - although they could have told the story differently (erasing Stewart from the beginning, and starting it by a five-piece group and then tell the common story from Brian via Taylor to Wood and then of Wyman's departure by a few sentences). Back in the 80's the story was so easily to be told - no one cared about Stu and Bill was still onboard, so it was a five-piece band by nature, changes happening solely in guitar department (just look at "Time Is On My Side" from Ashby's movie). I guess many think the Stones and the changes in their line-up still in those terms. They - the band - can't...grinning smiley

I know this because I have never been good in making long stories short haha...

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-03 13:16 by Doxa.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 3, 2020 13:21

Hairball
ErwinH

The text is about Mick and Keith meeting and FORMING the band with the four others. Then it mentions the PRESENT line-up. No erasing of Mick Taylor is going on.

Date: November 3, 2020 14:01

georgie48
ErwinH

smileys with beer

Let's not forget this: [www.noise11.com]

I'm pretty sure somebody else did this statement, though, not Taylor. He would never have said the "karma"-quote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-03 14:03 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 3, 2020 14:27

DandelionPowderman
georgie48
ErwinH

smileys with beer

Let's not forget this: [www.noise11.com]

I'm pretty sure somebody else did this statement, though, not Taylor. He would never have said the "karma"-quote.

"Karma" alike talk has never been in his public vocabulaire indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor doesn't even know or gives a hoot about this entire exhibition, albeit for privacy reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-03 14:43 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: November 3, 2020 17:02

Mabru
Rumour:
Probably Tuesday the government is gonna announcing that from Thursday November 5th all the musea in the the Netherlands have to shut down the doors for at least 2 weeks to get down the numbers of Covid infections.

Source: [t.co] (article in Dutch)
fun, i got a ticket for opening day.. will watch the news..

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: November 3, 2020 18:05

Mabru

Tuesday the government is gonna announcing that from Thursday November 5th all the musea in the the Netherlands have to shut down the doors for at least 2 weeks to get down the numbers of Covid infections.

Looks like the museums will indeed be closed for 2 weeks: [www.RTLNieuws.nl] .

Date: November 3, 2020 18:09

MononoM

fun, i got a ticket for opening day.. will watch the news..

I've got also a ticket for opening day... hope to see you there MononoM !
In 2 hours from now we'll know if the museum will close... or not

Date: November 3, 2020 20:04

Yes.... it's official now.
Museums will close for 2 weeks...

No Unzipped on the 14th

Date: November 3, 2020 20:09

ErwinH
Yes.... it's official now.
Museums will close for 2 weeks...

No Unzipped on the 14th

Sorry to hear that for all of you who were looking forward to it. Hopefully the closure will only be two weeks.
I heard the UK is set to have another major lockdown to last an entire month - I have friends and family over there and none are happy, though they realize better safe than sorry.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home