Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 7, 2020 18:02

I’m really hoping this is still able to go ahead. Looking at the Key Facts that ErwinH posted above, it says the exhibit will tour to 12 cities. I know it’s been held in London, New York, Las Vegas, Sydney... not sure if it’s been in Tokyo. I tried to find info on where it might be shown in future and couldn’t find anything. Does anyone know? I hope this doesn’t become another victim of coronavirus.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 7, 2020 19:40

SomeTorontoGirl

I tried to find info on where it might be shown in future and couldn’t find anything. Does anyone know?

Here's a list of the past dates/cities - [iorr.org] . About future dates/cities, Matt Lee said they were under discussion but nothing was confirmed yet - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 7, 2020 19:53

Irix
SomeTorontoGirl

I tried to find info on where it might be shown in future and couldn’t find anything. Does anyone know?

Here's a list of the past dates/cities - [iorr.org] . About future dates/cities, Matt Lee said they were under discussion but nothing was confirmed yet - [iorr.org] .

Remembering the shoulder to shoulder scrum in the London exhibition, even with timed entries, I can't see any more dates happening for quite a while yet.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 7, 2020 20:07

What a great list of locations !

London, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Nashville, Sydney, Tokyo....
and almost in my backyard...

thumbs up

Date: May 18, 2020 13:14

This morning it's officially announced that Unzipped (Exhibitionism) will go on in Groningen.

It won't open on oct 3, but it will start on nov 14 (until feb 28)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-18 13:15 by ErwinH.

Date: May 18, 2020 14:00

ErwinH

This morning it's officially announced that Unzipped (Exhibitionism) will go on in Groningen. It won't open on oct 3, but it will start on nov 14 (until feb 28)

Yep: [www.GroningerMuseum.nl] .

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 18, 2020 14:38

Thanks for the update! Gotta drop by after New Year's.

Date: June 30, 2020 14:35

ErwinH

This morning it's officially announced that Unzipped (Exhibitionism) will go on in Groningen.

By The Rolling Stones: [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · [RollingStones.com] .

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 30, 2020 15:03

Nothing tops Groningen smoking smiley

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: June 30, 2020 15:59

I don’t even remember it coming to Nashville. Darn.

Date: June 30, 2020 16:01

A perfect excuse to finally visit the Netherlands. winking smiley

Date: June 30, 2020 16:45

"Following stints in London, the United States and Asia, the show will tour Europe in revamped form, premiering in Groningen." - [www.GroningerMuseum.nl] .

Date: June 30, 2020 16:59

I thought having read the "revamped form" is some kind of scaled-down version of the previous format, but they're saying it's "new and improved " (of course, that's marketing language). Does anybody actually know if "Unzipped" contains less or more than "Exhibitionism" did, in terms of amount of material?

Date: August 1, 2020 11:38

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 1, 2020 13:58

European friends don't miss it: it was great in Chicago, it should be great anywhere!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Exhibitionism ... soon to be Unzipped
Date: August 6, 2020 00:47

About an hour west of Toronto, November 2021... fingers crossed.

Rolling Stones’ “Unzipped” coming to TheMuseum

By Terry PenderRecord Reporter

KITCHENER — With more than 550 artifacts the official exhibition for the Rolling Stones comes to TheMuseum in downtown Kitchener for three months beginning in November 2021.

“It will take over the entire building,” said David Marskell, TheMuseum’s chief executive officer.

It is the biggest and most expensive exhibition ever mounted by TheMuseum. It includes guitars, costumes, a recording studio, photographs, videos and the original art works behind some of the band’s most iconic images.
“Unzipped” also includes the recreation of the Chelsea apartment where Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Brian Jones lived when starting out in 1962. Jagger was then a student at the London School of Economics.

“It is a big show,” said Marskell. “It is bigger than anything we have ever done before.”

TheMuseum’s show about the Titanic in 2011 attracted 50,000 visitors. Marskell believes Unzipped will handily break that record with projected attendance at more than 60,000 during its three month stay in Kitchener.

The enduring appeal of the Rolling Stones, which attracted 70,000 fans to a show north of Toronto last summer, is expected to bring visitors to TheMuseum from around southern Ontario and border states. One of the band’s members has made a visit to each show and Marskell thinks guitarist Ronnie Wood will likely to come to Kitchener.

“There is an opportunity for us to bring one of the band members over,” said Marskell. “It is going to be huge.”

The show started in London at Saatchi’s Gallery in 2015 and was called “Exhibitionism.” It enjoyed extended stays in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Tokyo and Sydney.

“I have been keeping an eye on it because it is really expensive,” said Marskell. “This is going to cost us well over $500,000 to mount this show.”

The show was taken off the road last December, improved and rebranded as Unzipped. It goes back on the road this fall to the Groniger Museum in the Netherlands, and then to Marseille before coming to Kitchener.

“It is the only Canadian stop,” said Marskell.

Unzipped was created by 200 artists, builders and technicians. It needs to be transported by air, land and sea in 15 shipping containers. It includes clothes by 70 of the world’s leading designers that band members wore on stage. It has 160 pieces of art and 550 artifacts.

For more information visit unzippedkw.ca

[www.therecord.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 01:13 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Re: Exhibitionism ... soon to be Unzipped
Date: August 6, 2020 19:38

Great for you STG!
So you don't have to fly to Europe to see 'Unzipped'....

:-(

Date: August 6, 2020 22:22

ErwinH
Great for you STG!

Nooooo...but I really want to! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 8, 2020 00:05

Busy days these days ...
Living In A Ghost Town to keep me sane ... (lost two, same generation Stones fan friends, no goodbye due to corona)
Criss Cross and Scarlet to keep me awake ...
Goat's Head Soup de Luxe to look forward to ...
... and in November the Unzipped exhibition to travel through Stones times ...

Not great, but not bad either, 2020 winking smiley

Date: August 8, 2020 02:07

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends georgie48, and I hope the world stops sucking soon, but Unzipped isn’t in Canada until 2021. If you want to see it this November, get thee to the Netherlands.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 8, 2020 03:36

SomeTorontoGirl
ErwinH
Great for you STG!

Nooooo...but I really want to! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I really want to see it in Kitchener!.. if allowed back in by then I will cool smiley

Really rooting for 2021 to be, at least partially, a year we see a vaccine and TONS of good live music and travel smileys with beer

Date: August 8, 2020 04:08

MisterDDDD
I really want to see it in Kitchener!..

Words never previously used together in a sentence! (I jest, Kitchener, I jest...) But, if I had the choice between a trip back to the Netherlands, and Kitchener... hmmm... grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 8, 2020 04:52

Lol.
The Netherlands would be preferred, but for obvious reasons not in the cards.
Haven't been back to the Toronto area but a few times, but when I do I always enjoy it.. First wife was from there, but I don't hold that against em.

Maybe combined with a Trans Canada train ride that I've been wanting to do forever cool smiley

Date: August 8, 2020 08:53

SomeTorontoGirl
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends georgie48, and I hope the world stops sucking soon, but Unzipped isn’t in Canada until 2021. If you want to see it this November, get thee to the Netherlands.

Thanks STG.
Luckily I'm living in the Netherlands cool smiley
I'ts about 200 km (highways) or 125 miles by car (in Canadian distance measures ... around the corner grinning smiley), so I can get there easily before opening hours. I would have preferred to travel to North America to see the band, but well, like all of us ... "I Am Waiting" (Aftermath, nice song).
We may still need masks, but meanwhile my oldest daughter purchased (an official Stones logo) one for me winking smiley, so no worries there.
Stay cool smileys with beer

Date: August 8, 2020 10:40

georgie48
Thanks STG.
I'ts about 200 km (highways) or 125 miles by car (in Canadian distance measures ... around the corner grinning smiley), so I can get there easily before opening hours. I would have preferred to travel to North America to see the band, but well, like all of us ... "I Am Waiting" (Aftermath, nice song).
We may still need masks, but meanwhile my oldest daughter purchased (an official Stones logo) one for me winking smiley, so no worries there.

Hi georgie48, you will be in line behind me :-)
The exhibition will be less than 10 minutes by bike for me
*happy*happy*joy*joy*

Hope I will meet some of you IORRians here in town!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 8, 2020 11:00

Get ya-self a drag bike and be there in 7 seconds .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 8, 2020 17:04

ErwinH
georgie48
Thanks STG.

Hi georgie48, you will be in line behind me :-)
*happy*happy*joy*joy*

Hope I will meet some of you IORRians here in town!

You lucky SOAB grinning smiley
You can easily go every day (if your purse allows you). I'm sure you will run into Stones fans. We all have some "not-spend-on-concerts" cash left cool smiley
I can't imagine Beatles fans going there. Although, I know quite some open minded Beatles fans.
Best regards to "peerd van ome Loeks" grinning smiley

Date: August 8, 2020 17:49

In 2016 Mick Taylor visited the Bowie exhibition in this museum.

I wonder if he will come over and take a look at Unzipped :-)

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 8, 2020 20:35

ErwinH
In 2016 Mick Taylor visited the Bowie exhibition in this museum.

I wonder if he will come over and take a look at Unzipped :-)

[www.facebook.com]

He still comes to Groningen occasionally, so for sure he's going to have a look. But I think he will choose a quiet moment, else he will not have time to look at things due to fans wanting his autograph on "whatever".
winking smiley

Date: September 1, 2020 13:59

Unzipped-message from Mick:

Message from Mick Jagger

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1941
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home