Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: October 24, 2018 07:10

Travelling to Sydney from Auckland on the 14th (probably with Kahoosier) until the 18th to make a couple of visits to Exhibitionism.

Anyone else here attending any of those first few days?

Really looking forward to my first viewing of Matt & Ali's collection...and excitement tinged with dread at the thought of the gift store...

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 24, 2018 09:15

Enjoy.

I loved my two times at the London exhibit.

Lots of staring at Keith's les paul custom and the maton!!!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 25, 2018 00:19

rcfoxy
Travelling to Sydney from Auckland on the 14th (probably with Kahoosier) until the 18th to make a couple of visits to Exhibitionism.

Really looking forward to my first viewing of Matt & Ali's collection...and excitement tinged with dread at the thought of the gift store...

November? December?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: November 9, 2018 23:08

Hey Up, as i'm going too the Sydney exhibit, is there a shop attached to it with stuff for sale ie: Merchandise ?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 10, 2018 01:19

snibbs1234
Hey Up, as i'm going too the Sydney exhibit, is there a shop attached to it with stuff for sale ie: Merchandise ?

Yep. Plenty of opportunity to part with your filthy lucre. This is the Stones, after all. Lot of stuff specific to Exhibitionism. You can probably get a sneak peak on the web site.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 10, 2018 03:26

rcfoxy

The Auckland bad guys grinning smiley

Go, go, GOOOOO!!!

[But watch out for your pocket in that gift store, foxy tongue sticking out smiley]

Date: November 17, 2018 02:44

Some publicity for the show...

[www.9now.com.au]

The opening shot is dreadful, but once it gets going it's OK.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 17, 2018 03:26

Only available in Australia...... confused smiley

Date: November 17, 2018 11:37

A rather better story from another channel.

[tendaily.com.au]

Includes an interview with our very own Richard Fox!

(No idea about, nor way of knowing short of leaving the country if this is geoblocked as well).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-17 11:40 by CaptainCorella.

Date: November 17, 2018 12:25

And Channel 7 - also with Richard Fox

[www.facebook.com]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 17, 2018 12:30

CaptainCorella

[tendaily.com.au]

It's geoblocked too - "This video is restricted from playing in your current geographic region".

Maybe a Proxy-Server or VPN from Australia helps (or TunnelBear).

Date: November 17, 2018 12:55

Irix
CaptainCorella

[tendaily.com.au]

It's geoblocked too - "This video is restricted from playing in your current geographic region".

Maybe a Proxy-Server or VPN from Australia helps.

You'll all have to move down here won't you!

(Actually, what bugs me is that it may not be available in New Zealand, and would be totally out of order in this context, for obvious reasons. Richard can't test it because, well, he's in Sydney at the moment!)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 20, 2018 21:10

So Tokyo is next, as per the Joyce Smith interview. And then Europe.

Exhibitionism - THE BOOK
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 10, 2019 04:23

Flew from Perth to Sydney to see Exhibionism in November.

Went to buy the book. The SOFT cover one was over AUD$100. Hard cover and leather ridiculously priced. Went online whilst in the merchandise store and saw the soft cover one at the Exhibitionism Online store via rollingstones.com at about AUD70 delivered to my home in Perth.

Placed order online on Dec 3. Got confirmation on Dec 4. Got TRACKING notification on Dec 5 as order had shipped to despatch warehouse. ETA of between DEC 22 and JAN 3. Set a reminder in my phone.

Promptly forgot about it over Christmas.

Jan 3 comes, reminder pops up. Ah yes, I think. Check tracking. STILL at delivery warehouse where it had been SENT TO for onwards delivery.

Contact Universal. They respond a day later "let's check it out for you".

Come back 2 days later, "it's gone missing - do you want your money back or a new one sent?".

I respond "send new one - I DO want the item I ordered". Cheekily add "you COULD sent a hard cover or leather cover one to make up for my inconvenience!".

Get message a day later "Sorry no more in stock - look for refund on your credit card'.

FLUCK

I cannot even access Exhibitionism Online store anymore. BUGGA BUGGA BUGGA

Checked amazon and ebay - none....BUGGA BUGGA BUGGA again.

Rod

Re: Exhibitionism - THE BOOK
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 10, 2019 08:22

bitusa2012
Flew from Perth to Sydney to see Exhibionism in November.

Went to buy the book. The SOFT cover one was over AUD$100. Hard cover and leather ridiculously priced. Went online whilst in the merchandise store and saw the soft cover one at the Exhibitionism Online store via rollingstones.com at about AUD70 delivered to my home in Perth.

Placed order online on Dec 3. Got confirmation on Dec 4. Got TRACKING notification on Dec 5 as order had shipped to despatch warehouse. ETA of between DEC 22 and JAN 3. Set a reminder in my phone.

Promptly forgot about it over Christmas.

Jan 3 comes, reminder pops up. Ah yes, I think. Check tracking. STILL at delivery warehouse where it had been SENT TO for onwards delivery.

Contact Universal. They respond a day later "let's check it out for you".

Come back 2 days later, "it's gone missing - do you want your money back or a new one sent?".

I respond "send new one - I DO want the item I ordered". Cheekily add "you COULD sent a hard cover or leather cover one to make up for my inconvenience!".

Get message a day later "Sorry no more in stock - look for refund on your credit card'.

FLUCK

I cannot even access Exhibitionism Online store anymore. BUGGA BUGGA BUGGA

Checked amazon and ebay - none....BUGGA BUGGA BUGGA again.

When in NYC, softcover was $40 but I declined at the time as a little short in cash figuring I would buy it later but was very difficult. Like u, couldn't find it at Amazon, etc. I ended up begging Little Queenie to buy me one in Chicago which she did. But I think I saw it on the Stones store site and in fact, may have been on sale in the post Xmas sale just a couple of weeks ago, tho not completely sure on that last point.

plexi

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2019 09:15

So there's a Perth postie who's a Stones fan ……..

ROCKMAN

Date: January 10, 2019 10:15

Rockman
So there's a Perth postie who's a Stones fan ……..

hehehe

Unfortunately it never left the US Export Warehouse where it was sent in order to be sent TO me....

Rod

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2019 10:19

…. hhhhmmmmm so okay theres light fingered Stones dude in the warehouse

ROCKMAN

Date: January 10, 2019 10:52

Rockman
…. hhhhmmmmm so okay theres light fingered Stones dude in the warehouse

Yeah, I asked them to Send it To Me....nada

Rod

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 25, 2019 22:38

Video recorded in Ciudad de Mexico in 2016 used to promote Exhibitionism in Japan.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: January 27, 2019 03:17

I went to see Exhibitionism twice in Sydney, I enjoyed it quite a bit but felt that they could have included a bit more than they did. I would have especially liked to have seen more tour posters and photos of them on stage, and was a little disappointed that Keith's painted black Gibson Les Paul Custom wasn't on display in Sydney.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 27, 2019 14:04

Oh, I'd be gutted were Keith's les paul custom not on display!

A few guitars have come and gone. The non reverse Gibson Firebird was not on display when I went in London despite it having an info piece beside the recording console there and being shown in photos and footage promoting Exhibitionism.

Date: February 26, 2019 22:42

The Rolling Stones Exhibition to Open in Tokyo on March 15

An exhibition is set to take open at TOC Gotanda Messe in Tokyo on March 15, 2019 to celebrate at the 50+ year history of English rock band The Rolling Stones.

The exhibition has been taking place across the major cities of the world since April 2016 where it began at the Saatchi Gallery in London. Produced by the band themselves, the exhibition features an exhibition of art, film, instruments, photographs, outfits, performance footage, archived footage and more. It’s a must-visit for fans of the band wishing to see their unrivalled influenced over the past 55 years since forming.

The exhibition offers an exclusive look into the band’s career from back when they lived together in a small flat up to selling out venues across the world. This includes never-before-seen archive footage.

Mick Jagger:
“We’ve been thinking about this for quite a long time but we wanted it to be just right and on a large scale. It’s not going to be like walking into a museum. It’s going to be an event, an experience. It’s about a sense of the Rolling Stones– it’s something we want people to go away talking about it.”

Keith Richards:
“While this is about the Rolling Stones, it’s not necessarily only just about us. It’s also about all the paraphernalia and technology associated with a group like us, and it’s this, as well as the instruments that have passed through our hands over the years, that should make the exhibition unforgettable.”

Source: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism

Japanese guitarist Chat, Sheena & The Rokkets guitarist and vocalist Makoto Ayukawa, and drummer and actress Kavka Shishido have also been appointed official ambassadors of the exhibition.

[www.moshimoshi-nippon.jp]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 27, 2019 01:10

Stones Exhibitionism Tokyo - 15th March 2019 - 6th May 2019 - TOC Gotanda Messe

[www.StonesExhibitionism.com] - [StonesExhibitionism.jp]

Date: February 27, 2019 12:43

Irix

Stones Exhibitionism Tokyo - 15th March 2019 - 6th May 2019 - TOC Gotanda Messe

[www.StonesExhibitionism.com] - [StonesExhibitionism.jp]

That's one FAST turnround. 4 weeks since it closed in Sydney.

Taking it down, packing, transport, unpacking and then re-displaying an exhibition like that in 4 weeks is far more than impressive.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: February 27, 2019 12:46

Read in an interview with the IBC directors, that it’s going to Europe äugtet Tokyo and will feature new things and experiences.

Can’t wait to see it again after London!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 27, 2019 14:58

Hope they will put the exhibition in Amsterdam.
Jeroen

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 27, 2019 20:57

Does anyone know where it is going after Tokyo?
I’m guessing Buenos Aires

Nate

Date: March 9, 2019 18:38

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: March 10, 2019 02:15

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home