Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 77
Re: Exhibitionism in Vegas
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 29, 2018 13:16

MisterDDDD
Hairball
hbwriter
FINALLY saw it- really amazing stuff - yet the absence of MT is just crazy. Like he was never in the band.

Sad.

Arguably the best period of their career erased from history. eye rolling smiley

Meh.
The period is covered well, just not MT.

Rightfully so it seems, as he would likely sue them for using his likeness as opposed to taking it as the honor it would have been.
Unfortunate for him only really.

Moreover, it's the timeline (history) & the dynamics of the band as a public phenomenon that are featured in "Exhibitionism"; NÓT the individuals (nor the so called artistic merit - which would have been a useless 'judgement call' to begin with.)
Charlie, Brian, Ronnie, Mick, Keith, Bill get no "more attention" than Mick T. nor than each other; apart from in relation to their longeativity within the band.

Jagger, Richards, Watts: 55 years (to date)
Wood: 43 years (to date)
Jones: 7 years ( + founding member)
Taylor: 6 years

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2018 18:29

Any mention of Darryl Jones? While not an official member, he's been with them for over 35 years holding down the fort with Charlie.
And what about Chuck? Also not an official member, but he's been there for decades, and is now the "musical director" of their live shows.
Surely they must get a mention, or at least maybe a picture of them somewhere in the exhibit?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 29, 2018 19:22

Hairball
Any mention of Darryl Jones? And what about Chuck?
Surely they must get a mention, or at least maybe a picture of them somewhere in the exhibit?

They are included. Plus Bobby, Lisa, etc.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2018 19:46

erikjjf
Hairball
Any mention of Darryl Jones? And what about Chuck?

They are included. Plus Bobby, Lisa, etc.

thumbs up

Even Blondie?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 29, 2018 23:22

If the exhibtionism will be held in my country I won't go................or go and wear a Mick Taylor T-Shirt and hang flyers on every wall with a pic of Taylor

Exhibitionism - where next?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 11, 2018 00:02

It's almost through in Vegas, and yet I can't find one scrap on its next location. It would seem they'd be anxious to sell tickets wherever its headed.

Re: Exhibitionism - where next?
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 11, 2018 00:04

I believe Sydney is the next location but I'm not sure about dates.

Nate

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 11, 2018 00:13

Nashville.
[iorr.org]

Sydney after that.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 11, 2018 00:15

Sydney starts in November 2018 : [www.StonesExhibitionism.com] .

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: February 11, 2018 00:15

Sydney has been publicised as being November 2018.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 11, 2018 17:03

24FPS
It's almost through in Vegas, and yet I can't find one scrap on its next location. It would seem they'd be anxious to sell tickets wherever its headed.

How have attendances been?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 13, 2018 20:55

I just saw a news blurb which routed me through to the main site...

Next location: Nashville, TN
March 29th 2018 through June 30th 2018

Guess who is going to make a trip to Nashville! smiling smiley

Article from paper in Nashville

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 13, 2018 22:30

mr_dja

Next location: Nashville, TN

March 29th 2018 through June 30th 2018

Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum
401 Gay Street
Nashville
TN 37219

News: [www.StonesExhibitionism.com] , [www.RollingStones.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com]

Tickets: [Ticketek.StonesExhibitionism.com]

Trailer: [www.YouTube.com]

Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 14, 2018 00:39

I feel I'm a lucky bastard...

I'll be in Nashville from March 28 to April 4 with a group of my students. We're coming from Quebec, Canada for a music training. I'll definitely go to the exhibition. Any chance some members of the band will show up for the opening? What do you think?

Daniel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 00:40 by daniel t.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 14, 2018 23:24

Woot woot! Ticket bought, I knew if I waited long enough I'd get a chance to see it! hot smiley

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 15, 2018 06:22

Me too, got a ticket for April 1st :-)

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 22, 2018 03:27

This is the last weekend of it in Las Vegas. Going with my husband to see it again this Friday. Anyone else catching it one more time in Vegas? Staying across the street at The Mirage.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 22, 2018 10:33

Read in a recent French issue of Jazz Magazine that it's coming to France...didn't give any date.

Date: February 25, 2018 06:10

Just got back from Vegas, totally enjoyed seeing it for a third time! Really felt close to them. Getting the VIP pass was totally worth it! Tomorrow is the last day there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-25 06:11 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: March 1, 2018 02:41

Hey planning on going to Nashville and just wanted to ask anyone that’s been if they’re are any Brian related things like clothes or instruments or things that have to do with him, thanks.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 21, 2018 22:20

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: March 21, 2018 23:46

Heading to Nashville for sure, will be a good Birthday present for myself!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 23, 2018 18:34

BamaStone
Heading to Nashville for sure, will be a good Birthday present for myself!

Do you know when you're going yet? We are gong to drive up from Florence sometime to see it, if it's around the same time would be good to meet you.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 23, 2018 19:32

Waiting for it to come to Holland.
jeroen

Date: March 24, 2018 05:18

Yes, clothes and instruments of Brian's are in it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-24 05:20 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 26, 2018 01:41

Mick Jagger says Nashville is 'a good fit' for Rolling Stones exhibit

Dave Paulson, USA TODAY NETWORK – Tennessee March 25, 2018

When Mick Jagger visits Nashville, chances are he’s on tour. But the rock icon has also spent some time in Music City as a tourist.

The Rolling Stones played their last concert here at Nissan Stadium in 2015 — a June night that Jagger tells The Tennessean was one “of the hottest gigs I think I've ever played.”

Before he nearly “melted” onstage, Jagger, 74, took a private tour of the Parthenon in Centennial Park.

He returned to Nashville on his own just three months later and took in some more of the sights. Between recording sessions with Brad Paisley, he hiked around Radnor Lake and had Jack White take him through his Third Man Records complex.

This week, Jagger’s sending his own attraction to Music City.

“Exhibitionism” — a multimedia exhibit dedicated to the Rolling Stones’ 56-year career — will open at Nashville’s Musicians Hall of Fame on Thursday, March 29, and remain there through June.

It includes more than 500 of the band’s personal items: guitars, journals, lyric books and stage clothes.

“It was a good chance to put all of these things that we've kept in storage for no particular reason — just because we didn't want to throw them away,” Jagger says. “To get them all out, and say, 'We'd like to show these to people. And how would we do that?’”

“You don't want to be over-reverential and you don't want to be lacking in humor …There's a lot of different paths of your history, so to speak.”

Among the less “reverential” pieces: a replica of the London “flat” where Jagger lived in 1962 with Keith Richards and Brian Jones, littered with beer bottles, cigarette butts and dirty clothes.

“I don't want to dignify it by calling it an apartment, but I suppose you could,” Jagger says with a laugh. “The first cruddy dump we lived in. We recreated that, and it gives a kind of humorous feel of what life was like in those days.”

Of course, there are also several mythical items from the Stones’ saga, like the guitar Richards played on “Gimme Shelter” — which famously fell apart as he hit the final chord. There’s the tape recorder the guitarist used to capture his idea for “Satisfaction” before falling asleep at a Florida Motel. A notebook kept by Jagger includes the handwritten lyrics for “Miss You,” and a toy drum kit that Charlie Watts played on “Street Fighting Man” is on display.

“Exhibitionism” draws upon the band members’ personal collections, but while Jagger’s famously hands-on in all of the band’s matters, he wasn’t a packrat when it came to their memorabilia.

“The only thing I really kept were the clothes, to be honest. Most everything else, I didn't bother with … I don't really care about old guitars very much, but fortunately, some people do.”

Nashville is one of just a handful of U.S. cities to host “Exhibitionism” so far, following stints in New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago and Las Vegas. Jagger believes Nashville’s a fitting host as “a big American center of music.”

“Keith (Richards) and I particularly were interested in country music (growing up). These songs were popular. Unlike the blues, which was a bit hidden in people’s minds, country music and the big hits that those people had were very much in the mainstream.”

For now, Nashville will stay at arm’s length, as Jagger's not planning to visit the exhibit here like he did for some previous host cities. But guitarist Ronnie Wood is planning a visit next week as he finds himself in Nashville for a few days.

Still, Jagger doesn’t rule out a return trip to Music City somewhere down the road. Perhaps there would be songs to make: He says he and Jack White "fooled around some in the studio, but we didn't record anything much."

There are plenty more sights to see, as well.

“I’d love that,” he says.

[www.tennessean.com]

Date: March 28, 2018 23:14

Drove up to Nashville yesterday to check out the venue. Apparently there are at least five tongues around town, we only saw this one, but in our defense, have you tried to drive around Nashville -- "It City" -- these days!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-28 23:15 by snoopy2.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 29, 2018 01:32

Nice one Snoopy....

....I must say, that when I was in Nashville I guess about 10 years back, I really enjoyed exploring that building behind you (I assume that's you) - and I'm not even that big of a country music fan.

Date: March 29, 2018 04:15

BluzDude
Nice one Snoopy....

....I must say, that when I was in Nashville I guess about 10 years back, I really enjoyed exploring that building behind you (I assume that's you) - and I'm not even that big of a country music fan.

Yes, it is I.. You may have visited the Country Music Hall Of Fame? There are actually a couple different hall of fames in Nashville, the one behind me is more rock n' roll and other music history

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 29, 2018 08:29

snoopy2
BluzDude
Nice one Snoopy....

Yes, it is I.. You may have visited the Country Music Hall Of Fame? There are actually a couple different hall of fames in Nashville, the one behind me is more rock n' roll and other music history

I guess you are right, having only spent a couple days there, I didn't see everything....but I did also visit the RCA recording studio where Elvis did some recording.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home