Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 30, 2017 17:17

Where is Billy?

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 30, 2017 17:51

erikjjf
[www.rollingstones.com]

Opening at The Palazzo in Las Vegas, September 23rd.

Dammit, I was hoping it was coming to LA.this probably makes more sense / money for the band. Close enough to California to get their money plus the never ending stream of world traveleers visiting Vegas ;(.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2017 18:35

erikjjf

[www.rollingstones.com]

Opening at The Palazzo in Las Vegas, September 23rd.

And running until 25 February 2018: [www.StonesExhibitionism.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 12:15 by Irix.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 31, 2017 18:53

Presale for Vegas Exibitionism tickets started 50 minutes ago via the app. Just got 2 VIP tickets. Only available by will call though. Nice that it is flexible for dates. Registration was a little glichy.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 20, 2017 23:29

(Video) "Here's a first look inside the new exhibit opening Saturday at The Palazzo Las Vegas showcasing The Rolling Stones music career"

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 20, 2017 23:53

Nice. Thanks Christiano.

"West Coast exclusive.." caught my ear. May have been already known.
Vegas it is!!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 21, 2017 07:33

MisterDDDD
Nice. Thanks Christiano.

"West Coast exclusive.." caught my ear. May have been already known.
Vegas it is!!

So if that seems to rule out LA and/or SF, where will it go after Las Vegas and before Sydney Australia (Nov 2018)?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: September 21, 2017 10:25

CaptainCorella

So if that seems to rule out LA and/or SF, where will it go after Las Vegas and before Sydney Australia (Nov 2018)?

Maybe Tokyo.

Only a guess, but since Exhibitionism Las Vegas runs until end of Feb. 2018 and Exhibitionism Sydney starts Nov. 2018, there's a 6 months space (+2 months each for relocation) ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 12:15 by Irix.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2017 22:22

Extremely unlikely, I'm aware, but can't help but wonder if any member(s) will make an appearance in Vegas.. Know they appeared together for openings in London and NYC.. (no Chicago, I believe).. but Vegas being Vegas.. can't help but wonder.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 30, 2017 01:34

has anybody gone to see it in vegas yet? i'm going to vegas to see nine inch nails in 3 weeks. & the pixies. i have 1 open night & am thinking about going to the exhibit.

Date: September 30, 2017 02:49

My friend and I are going the 22-23!

Date: September 30, 2017 05:16

2014Slayer
My friend and I are going the 22-23!

If I go it will most likely be on the 19th. NIN is the 20th & Pixies the 21st. the 22nd is my sit in the sports book for NFL Sunday day, including my Seahawks vs NY Giants. Fly home that night. pretty excited, just set up the trip this week. i had an opportunity to get a ticket for NIN ahead of the on sale & am sitting front row of the balcony in the center. Trent Reznor is 1 of my favorite musicians & this is small venue for them. i had been thinking about going down to LV but had talked myself out of it. i live in seattle (also seeing afghan whigs the night before i leave). got partially comped at the mirage. 1st time staying there. i usually stay at mandalay or bellagio but mandalay was booked & bellagio too damn expensive even with a healthy discount. i've been dealing with VIP people at the Hard Rock & a little at the Cosmo. the lady at the hard rock was totally awesome! i used to stay there & maybe i will again in the future now. would never stay at the venetian (although it is cool they have the exhibit) as i really don't like the guy who owns it. i loved it when mark davis of the raiders pulled one over on him. its a fascinating story. they thought davis was a rube & they were going to take him to the cleaners. he totally turned the tables on them & now the raiders have pretty much everything they wanted.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 30, 2017 06:17

My wife and I usually go to Vegas every year around her birthday which is early November, but last year due to work schedules, etc. we had to go towards the end of October - coincidentally the same time the Stones would be there. It wasn;t in our plans to see them , but then some crazy price drops happened the day of show on stubhub - couldn't resist. Anyways, not sure what's happening this year yet as far as dates but will be there no doubt - I have a members club voucher for three free nights at the Tropicana that's screaming out my name! Would be cool to be there when some other IORRians are there!

ps - 2014Slayer...it's been almost a year since we all met up at Desert Trip! Time flies!!! eye popping smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: September 30, 2017 16:40

I'll be out there in January, between the 19th and 24th most likely... Scored tix to see my Blue Jackets play the Vegas Golden Knights in Vegas for the first time.

Will definitely add Exhibitionism to my schedule, and hope there could be some changes from the Chicago run, but not worried either way.

Fingers are crossed for a good Rock show to pop up also!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 30, 2017 23:23

TKinOH
I'll be out there in January, between the 19th and 24th most likely... Scored tix to see my Blue Jackets play the Vegas Golden Knights in Vegas for the first time.

Will definitely add Exhibitionism to my schedule, and hope there could be some changes from the Chicago run, but not worried either way.

Why would you hope for it to change...was there something wrong with it?
Or maybe you're just hoping for some new additions?

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 1, 2017 02:33

Hairball
TKinOH

Why would you hope for it to change...was there something wrong with it?
Or maybe you're just hoping for some new additions?

No changes or additions necessary, but any additions or differences would just be cool to see... I imagine there was a ton of stuff that was left out of the presentation.

At the very least I'll know what to get a shot of this time, and maybe buy a lot of expensive swag!

Date: October 5, 2017 14:31

Just got a VIP ticket for Vegas. Good deal. You can go unlimited times & don't have to worry about being sold out. Bypass the line. There's a chance I'll be down there again in December. First visit, 2 weeks from today! smiling smiley

Date: October 19, 2017 04:55

Going to Exhibitionism tomorrow. Quite the rock & roll weekend. Afghan Whigs in Seattle in a few hours, fly to Vegas in the morning, Stones during day tomorrow, Nine Inch Nails Friday, Pixies Saturday & NFL in the sports book on Sunday. That's a fine weekend in my book!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 19, 2017 11:47

crholmstrom
Going to Exhibitionism tomorrow. Quite the rock & roll weekend. Afghan Whigs in Seattle in a few hours, fly to Vegas in the morning, Stones during day tomorrow, Nine Inch Nails Friday, Pixies Saturday & NFL in the sports book on Sunday. That's a fine weekend in my book!

Wow some weekend.

Enjoy the exhibition, i loved it and went twice and would go again.

Date: October 24, 2017 04:40

TV report from KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas

Rock Out At The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism

Date: October 25, 2017 02:59

My friend and I had VIP passes, and went 2 days in a row, and thoroughly enjoyed the whole exhibit. My friend has a bad knee, so the people there really accommodated her needs, taking us through several elevators, and through a back door so she didn't have to down and up stairs. The 3-D backstage experience at the end was great, felt like we were really there. Seeing original art for logos and albums, and Andy Warhol photos were great too. Bought the tee shirt and program, might get the big book when I go back with my husband in a month or two. The lanyard and keychain tongue gift are very nice too.

FYI the Rolling Stones slot machine is in the Bellagio just as you come over the bridge from Bally's.

Date: October 25, 2017 03:09

2014Slayer
My friend and I had VIP passes, and went 2 days in a row, and thoroughly enjoyed the whole exhibit. My friend has a bad knee, so the people there really accommodated her needs, taking us through several elevators, and through a back door so she didn't have to down and up stairs. The 3-D backstage experience at the end was great, felt like we were really there. Seeing original art for logos and albums, and Andy Warhol photos were great too. Bought the tee shirt and program, might get the big book when I go back with my husband in a month or two. The lanyard and keychain tongue gift are very nice too.

FYI the Rolling Stones slot machine is in the Bellagio just as you come over the bridge from Bally's.

I had a similar experience Thursday. Enjoyed the exhibit. The recreation of the Edith Grove flat was hilarious. I have mobility issues & the staff was great. I went at dinner time, so it wasn't at all crowded. Very nice older lady took me on elevators, etc. There's a chance I may be in Vegas again before the run ends, so I am holding onto the VIP lanyard. Cool key chain free extra gift. The NIN show I went to on Friday was an all time great, Pixies pretty good on Saturday. Unfortunately, pneumonia kicked back in Saturday morning. Damn plane air did me in I think!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 25, 2017 03:16

Going to Vegas in 2 weeks, looking forward to seeing RS Exhibitionism!

Date: December 7, 2017 21:54

Interview With Exhibitionism's Power Curator Ileen Gallagher

Curator Ileen Gallagher showcases the world's greatest rock ‘n’ roll band archive in Exhibitionism – The Rolling Stones.

By Dena Zocher

With their magnetic intensity, their iconic sound, their unrivaled legend, The Rolling Stones remain undisputed to their claim to being “The World's Greatest Rock ‘n’ Roll Band.” The Stones also possess what may just be the world's greatest rock ‘n’ roll archive.

If those things could talk, what stories they might tell. With Exhibitionism – The Rolling Stones, the band has released a choice mix group of their rare and personal items to tell those stories.

To deliver a true Stones blockbuster experience, the show needed a professional with the curatorial chops to bring the whole story alive in all its visual and sonic glory. That's where ISG's Ileen Gallagher, former director of exhibitions for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, came in.

Gimme, gimme shelter
Gallagher is a master story teller, with art and artifacts as her medium. For Exhibitionism, she assembled a stunning set of Rolling Stones artifacts that speak volumes about the history and legend of the band. Digging deep into the band's archives, Gallagher uncovered items rarely (or never) seen. Like her most exciting discovery, the boxes of notebooks full of handwritten lyrics. Leaving no stone untruned, Gallagher also reached out to collectors to loan significant artifacts.

The last thing Gallagher and the band wanted was a static, museum–like environment. Gallagher says her biggest coup has been being able to present the art and objects in a meaningful context. The story of The Stones unfolds through eight themes: early years and the formation of the band; music and lyrics; recording; film; video; art; fashion; and stage design – illustrated with famous instruments, fashion pieces, original art, and more. Interactive multimedia experiences put you inside the band's life and career.

It's just a kiss away
“The Stones mean a lot to millions of people,” says Gallagher. She's justifiably proud of helping viewers experience an emotional connection with the legend.

Pieces like Keith's tape recorder, and his first electric guitar, or an old diary with entries like “made 10 punds,” “couldn't hear,” and “only 10 people came” provide insight and intimacy. There's an antique toy drum kit Charlie picked up on impulse while on tour – which he later used in the studio.

A highlight of the show is the the loving recreation of the band's flat in Edith Grove, with blues records on the stereo, clothes and bottles and cigarette butts everywhere. “They were really, really, genuinely pleased,” says Gallagher, of the band's initial reaction. It might have been a little too realistic. At the band's request, Gallagher wound up spending a few hours thinning out the cigarette butts and empties. “It was my finest moment in curating,” she laughs.

Gallagher's favorite artifact? If she had to choose, “It's Mick's Omega shirt from the 1969 tour!”

[www.retirementyouwant.com]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 8, 2017 06:44

Went twice in Chicago. My best part was the diagrams and pictures of the Lotus stage.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 8, 2017 15:35

I forgot when the exhibition will be in the Netherlands...
Does anyone know???
Jeroen

Date: December 8, 2017 16:50

corriecas

I forgot when the exhibition will be in the Netherlands... Does anyone know???

There's no definite date yet when Exhibitionism will come back to Europe - it could be between early 2019 and end of 2020.

Exhibitionism in Sydney (Australia) starts in November 2018, maybe Tokyo (Japan) before. All dates until now: [iorr.org] .

In the meantime you could visit Germany's Stones-Collections: [iorr.org] ....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 9, 2017 02:49

Thanks Irix!
Jeroen

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: December 9, 2017 07:24

Looking forward to seeing it. smiling smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Music stems from exhibitionism
Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: December 13, 2017 00:57

Sorry about the quality, but hey, it was the best that my buddy could do....there's some background audio that was playing in the same room which is unfortunate...I have access to some of the other songs/stems if people are interested....The Rocks Off clips are all about 1:30 long, too bad they're not the entire song.

RocksOff - Keith guitar

RocksOff - Nicky Hopkins

RocksOff - Charlie

RocksOff - Mick T

RocksOff - Mick vocal

RocksOff - background vox

RocksOff - Bill Wyman

RocksOff - percussion

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1671
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home