Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 18, 2017 11:02

Cristiano Radtke
bitusa2012
Can you still buy the exhibitionism book anywhere apart from the venue? Used to be listed on site but no more. Finally want one. Soft cover version. Tks

Here you got: [stonesexhibitionismshop.com]

It looks like you can only order from UK, though: [exhibitionism.shop.bravadousa.com]

THANK YOU - got it from the first link you sent!!!! MUCH APPRECIATION!!!

Rod

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 19, 2017 13:53

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 3, 2017 19:02

This reviewer wasn't impressed.

Seeing the post on the previous page between 2120Joe and rebelrebel makes me wonder if this is the article that 2120Joe was referencing.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-03 19:02 by mr_dja.

Las Vegas Next Stop 4 Exhibit
Posted by: StonedALIVE ()
Date: May 4, 2017 00:59

I was at a private viewing of Exhibitionism last week at Navy Pier. I was talking with the CEO of DHL North America and he said the next stop will be Las Vegas before Australia.

Re: Las Vegas Next Stop 4 Exhibit
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2017 01:08

Hmmm..I thought it was coming to L.A.?

Oh well, Vegas would be the next logical choice I suppose ...maybe they can set it up near the Beatles Cirque de Soleil!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 4, 2017 01:13

Always love a good reason to hit Vegas!
This combined w perhaps one good concert while there would work..

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 4, 2017 01:28

.... Hope they include Bluzdude's dirty Stones tour T-shirt in the LA exhibition .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: May 4, 2017 20:16

StonedALIVE
I was at a private viewing of Exhibitionism last week at Navy Pier. I was talking with the CEO of DHL North America and he said the next stop will be Las Vegas before Australia.

Dammit, I was hoping for LA.

Critical view on Exhibition
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: May 4, 2017 12:42

Re: Critical view on Exhibition
Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 4, 2017 13:03

I haven't seen the exposition so I can't judge but the article anyway sums up nicely what's been wrong with the Stones for the past three decades while honouring them for their initial 20 years of innovation and musical achievements.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 4, 2017 13:16

That's one way of looking at it. I had mixed emotions about it myself during 2 visits in London. Sometimes I felt my fandom was waning because I wasn't very impressed. To be honest I was more excited about visiting the real Edith Grove and walking around King's Road.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: May 4, 2017 13:46

What strikes me the most, is that the critic clearly loves what the Stones did and meant
for culture, and is mostly disappointed that this seems to be irrelevant in the Exhibition.
I think he has a point, though I've not seen the exhibition.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 4, 2017 16:17

I went last weekend. I loved it! It was great seeing so much art, posters, pictures, and some amazing guitars! My quibble was the music. It is held at a big convention center so there is no way to stop the loud concert ending of Satisfaction from being heard throughout the exhibit. Which is a bummer because at various points, especially at Nelcott there is some cool stuff to listen to! A great alternate version of Ventilator Blues, but so hard to hear. And dialog from the sessions. The final was cool with the 3d, but also a bit weird too. Sometimes they looked fake! But all in all a very good day trip!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 4, 2017 16:41

"In his 1980 review of Prince's Dirty Mind, Robert Christgau wrote that "Mick Jagger should fold up his penis and go home." What's the holdup? The Stones have plenty of money, and they certainly don't seem to enjoy each other, let alone playing music together (at least if you judge from last year's schlocky, tedious Blue & Lonesome). Instead they've dragged all their leftovers to Navy Pier for one final cash-in. And their fans get to pay 32 dollars for the privilege.

This could be said about most bands that have continued beyond their first 10-20 years. No big surprise.

Paying 32 USD - not a big amount. You can easily pay the same amount parking your car in a parking lot!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 4, 2017 16:45

"A great alternate version of Ventilator Blues, but so hard to hear. And dialog from the sessions. "
eye popping smiley

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: May 4, 2017 20:49

Haven't seen the exhibit so cannot comment on that, but I do tend to agree that the Stones have always underplayed the breadth and depth of their musical contributions.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 4, 2017 21:47

StonedALIVE

Strange. Sydney isn't until November 2018.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 5, 2017 09:30

Rockman
.... Hope they include Bluzdude's dirty Stones tour T-shirt in the LA exhibition .......

Which one???? grinning smileygrinning smileysmileys with beer

Exhibitionism Chicago - closed on Mondays
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 16, 2017 02:03

Hi Folks; I didn't want to bury this in another thread, but found out today that the exhibitionism in Chicago is closed on Mondays starting 15 May. I didn't get any email about this info and the security guard told me to call 929 250 7271 and talk to a Mr. Chris Cowley. Other people showed up and advised to use my online ticket on the 16th so I will try again tomorrow.

Re: Exhibitionism Chicago - closed on Mondays
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 16, 2017 03:34

I don't fancy your chances on Tuesday. Or Wednesday.

Operating Hours

Monday & Tuesday: CLOSED
Wednesdays' before 31 May: CLOSED
Wednesdays' after 31 May: 4:00pm - 8:00pm (venue closes at 9:30pm)
Thursday: 12:00pm - 7:30pm (venue closes at 9:00pm)
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 8:30pm (venue closes at 10:00pm)
Sunday: 11:00am - 5:30pm (venue closes at 7:00pm)

Date: May 16, 2017 04:11

Thank you Dean for the info.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 16, 2017 12:59

Seems a bit strange for it to be closed for so many days.

Is it a bank holiday?

Date: May 16, 2017 18:16

odean73
Seems a bit strange for it to be closed for so many days.

Is it a bank holiday?

No.

Date: May 21, 2017 05:25

Here is a note that I got in touch with the Exhibitionism management. They hooked me up real nice with two tickets and two audio guides until the end of the Chicago Exhibit. They care.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: May 23, 2017 06:12

I went to see Exhibitionism for the first time this past weekend. It was great fun,I love being surrounded by the Stones! Not necessarily a deep study of the band but great fun to be surrounded by the music, the old and new sights in concert clips, costumes, guitars, memorabilia...Kinda like the truly awesome concert of a tired set list. Can't wait to see them live again in Barcelona and Amsterdam!

Two new take aways from Exhibitionism for me: 1) The band spent so much time together working and reworking when writing those awesome warhorses. Hard work, lots of experimenting and changes, and cooperation between them. They lived and worked together 24 hours a day for weeks. 2) Martin Scorsese gave such a direct and enlightening review of the song Gimmee Shelter that it was eye opening, he described it just as I felt but could never explain in words the way he did. Worth the time just for Scorsese who I won't jumble.

btw Mr_dja, yes that was the article I read and tried to post. And now I agree with except it misses the awesomeness of being surrounded by the Stones!

"Exhibitionismn" trip
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 26, 2017 23:29

My fiancée & I are leaving for Chicago in 1 hr. to do the VIP Passes
for The Stones 'Exhibitionismn', we have, for the most part, the entire weekend planned out, but if anyone has any tips or recommendations of other things to do/see while we are down by Navy Pier it would be greatly appreciated.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-05-27 00:16 by Marhsall.

Re: "Exhibitionismn"
Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: May 26, 2017 23:47

Something you could easily miss . . . There's a section on Stones in the studio where you can listen to several tunes with fake studio mixing board. You can adjust the faders up or down for vocals and instruments. Listen to Rocks Off with just Nicky's piano. A true revelation of his subtle but important contribution to the band's sound in those years. Lovely.

HBK

Re: "Exhibitionismn"
Date: May 26, 2017 23:52

Re: "Exhibitionismn" trip
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 27, 2017 00:17

Thank you so much! Can't wait-

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: "Exhibitionismn" trip
Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:33

you'll be in chicago on the saturday night 2 rolling stones tribute bands will be playing the lakefront. there's a not so good band playing on navy pier, actually, from about 8 pm to 10 pm. band is not so good, but there will be beautiful fireworks at about 10 pm, and i understand they'll be synched to stones' music!

the really good stones tribute, beggars banquet, will be playing on the lakefront about 10 minutes north of navy pier from 7 pm to 10 pm, weather permitting, at the dock at montrose beach. it's a great little bar right on the sand beach of lake michigan, and this band is a wonderful tribute band - that's where we'll be! and you'll probably still be able to see the fireworks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home