Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: March 4, 2017 07:25

What a great display. Really well done. The merchandise is very pricey but the show itself was amazing. Was in 2 minds to go back as I ran (dragged quickly) with my kid. So glad I did. Then I hit the New York Public Library Lou Reed display. It only 2 tables. The MoMa & finally the Victory Theatre. This was a good Friday.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 4, 2017 20:24

My Wife and i just got back from NYC
I thought that The Rock and Roll hall Of Fame And Museum did a far better job a few years ago celebrating The Stones than this exhibition did.
It was OK but didn't come close what the hall had. The exhibition had some cool things but was cheaply done. It reminded me of those slap together hunted houses.
Listen I love The Stones to death but there was really nothing a haven't seen before. Please don't kill me.
The display were Keith's diaries were show were so dark you couldn't read a thing. The Exhibition book shows more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-04 22:44 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 4, 2017 23:51

More Hot Rocks
I thought that The Rock and Roll hall Of Fame And Museum did a far better job a few years ago celebrating The Stones than this exhibition did.
It was OK but didn't come close what the hall had. The exhibition had some cool things but was cheaply done. It reminded me of those slap together hunted houses.
Listen I love The Stones to death but there was really nothing a haven't seen before. Please don't kill me.
The display were Keith's diaries were show were so dark you couldn't read a thing. The Exhibition book shows more.

I too have been to both and i have to agree that The Hall Of Fame did a far better job celebrating The Stones 50th a few years ago. The hall had much, much more and was well organized. This looked like it was too slapped together.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 5, 2017 15:05

Went to Exhibitionism in NYC yesterday. It was most enjoyable. It's on to Chicago in a few weeks.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 9, 2017 19:51

I just got back from seeing this awesome exhibit in NYC on March 6. I have never seen the Hall Of Fame exhibit but I really could never call EXHIBITIONISM " shabby!". It was very well done with the voices of MIck, Keith, Charlie & Ron moving with you from room to room. ( snibbets of interviews) The small theatres that showed clips of their movies and videos was fantastic, the backstage replica and arrangement of the guitars owned by Ron, Keith & Mick was something to see!! The attention to detail was incredible and I COULD READ Keith's diaries quite well....not sure why previous poster had difficulty with that. Some of the pages were smudged but that was because the pages obviously got wet. The Warhol Silk screened prints of Mick surprised me..there were so many of them there! I loved seeing the stage costumes.....2 rooms full! I would love to see the Hall Of Fame exhibit because if it IS better than EXHIBITIONISM, it must be other-worldly!!! I agree, the prices at the shop were BAD!!! Way too expensive but I did buy a few small items. Wish I had time to see it one more time. The only thing I was a bit disappointed by was the " mixing room"...I expected to be able to REALLY change the sound of the songs. Oh, well, that was a minor thing!!! thumbs up

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 9, 2017 23:09

That hall of fame must have been some show.

The UK exhibition was fantastic and a must see.

I did buy the waterford glasses,but I couldn't resist.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 10, 2017 05:31

I think the set- up will be the same in every city, pretty much, otherwise it would be a nightmare to wing it at every stop. I'm sure with Mick in control, it follows a blueprint and is carefully mapped out. You need a very large space, that's for sure. In NYC the Industria complex/museum is deceiving from the outside.....huge inside, 2 floors. It truly is a MUST SEE. I thought that the rooms that relicate their Edith Grove flat was supposed to smell of curry...it didn't. No smell at all but based on the appearance of that apartment, it was a good thing there was no odors!! They surely did not clean up after themselves! Guess that's why Mick's mom had a fit about him living there! The sink full of dishes and cigarette butts was a riot!!! All I could think of was the line " always have an unmade bed!" So GLAD that I made it before it closed in NYC!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 10, 2017 20:02

FYI - I have an extra VIP ticket for NYC that Im not going to use.
If anyone here wants it and can pickup/meet in the West Village today,tmrw or Sunday, its yours.

Email me off list - spikenyc@verizon.net

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 10, 2017 21:30

I went to this on Monday and really enjoyed it. Spent 3 hours and the time flew by. I didn't get the Edith Grove section, however. Gross and not necessary in my opinion. Yeah, so they were messy, so what? Also not sure how accurate it was, at least based on Jimmy Phelge's book. I was also disappointed by the lack of Brian Jones and Mick Taylor stuff. Understandable, especially in Brian's case, but it would have been great if they had a couple of his guitars, especially the Phantom (which I know is on display elsewhere). I found the Satisfaction clip underwhelming (I'd heard it was supposed to be 3D?). Still, well worth a visit.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 11, 2017 00:27

bleedingman
I went to this on Monday and really enjoyed it. Spent 3 hours and the time flew by. I didn't get the Edith Grove section, however. Gross and not necessary in my opinion. Yeah, so they were messy, so what? Also not sure how accurate it was, at least based on Jimmy Phelge's book. I was also disappointed by the lack of Brian Jones and Mick Taylor stuff. Understandable, especially in Brian's case, but it would have been great if they had a couple of his guitars, especially the Phantom (which I know is on display elsewhere). I found the Satisfaction clip underwhelming (I'd heard it was supposed to be 3D?). Still, well worth a visit.

Satisfaction was 3D in the UK.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 11, 2017 06:40

More Hot Rocks

what year was the r n roll hall of fame exhibit and was there a book from that?

plexi

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 11, 2017 16:50

timbernardis
More Hot Rocks

what year was the r n roll hall of fame exhibit and was there a book from that?

plexi

It was from 3 or 4 years ago. 3 floors of Stones. Much bigger than the Exhibition. And yes there was a smaller soft cover book. And again much much better than The Exhibition. The Exhibition didn't even come close. They had more stage clothing though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-11 16:51 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: PSG ()
Date: March 11, 2017 17:08

odean73
bleedingman

Satisfaction was 3D in NY too......

Date: March 11, 2017 17:32

PSG
odean73
bleedingman

Satisfaction was 3D in NY too......

Thanks, didn't look like 3D. Did you get glasses?

Date: March 11, 2017 17:39

Yes - glasses were provided.

Date: March 11, 2017 18:12

PSG
Yes - glasses were provided.

Thanks, they did not give any of us glasses. Wonder why. We were hanging in the "backstage" area for a while, checking out the guitars (and Ernie Ball .009 and .010 string sets!) and watched 2 groups go in and no one got glasses. I thought it looked a bit strange. Oh well, thanks again for clarifying.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: March 11, 2017 18:14

Glasses were provided

Date: March 11, 2017 18:46

potus43
Glasses were provided

Thanks, don't mean to make it big deal but were they handed out or were they somewhere in the room? No one in my group of about 30 people was wearing glasses. The woman at the entrance simply said "Enjoy the show".

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 11, 2017 18:56

spikenyc
FYI - I have an extra VIP ticket for NYC that Im not going to use.
If anyone here wants it and can pickup/meet in the West Village today,tmrw or Sunday, its yours.

Email me off list - [email protected]

Ticket is gone. Thanks for playing.

Date: March 11, 2017 20:42

Glasses were handed out prior to walking through the curtain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-11 20:43 by PSG.

Date: March 11, 2017 21:01

PSG
Glasses were handed out prior to walking through the curtain.

Thanks very much for clarifying. Wonder why we didn't get any, just "Enjoy the show" and then "Thanks for coming." I appreciate the response, thanks again.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 11, 2017 21:57

Date: March 11, 2017 23:19

they gave us glasses at the entrance to the room, handed them out. And I think there were some Brian Jones guitars if memory serves.

plexi

Date: March 11, 2017 23:20

did anybody else see the exhibit at the rocknroll hall of fame and how do u think that compared to exhibitionism?

plexi

Date: March 12, 2017 00:16

timbernardis
they gave us glasses at the entrance to the room, handed them out. And I think there were some Brian Jones guitars if memory serves.

plexi

Thanks, I'll let this go as it's no big deal but they didn't give out glasses while I was there (Monday 1pm). I've seen many 3D movies and I know that they are pretty much unwatchable without glasses but this was very much 2D watchable. I don't think there are any Brian guitars but I could be wrong. I took a lot of pictures and would hopefully have noticed. Great exhibit.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: March 12, 2017 05:21

I went there on Thursday and had a blast. Loved the diaries and the song mixing thing (Listening to Mick's voice all by itself was amazing). Really well done. I just wished I had had more time to explore as I had to speed through it before it closed. Maybe I'll go to Chicago this summer to see it again.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 12, 2017 13:17

Are there any attendance figures for London and NYC?
I´m really interested.

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: March 12, 2017 20:53

timbernardis
did anybody else see the exhibit at the rocknroll hall of fame and how do u think that compared to exhibitionism?

plexi

i saw both shows and can't say that exhibitionism was better than cleveland, first of all, approaching the hall of fame, all the outdoor wonderful speakers were playing stones' music. also all thru the hall, only stones. it was on three levels, one of which you entered thru a giant pair of lips. great costumes there, too - mick's yellow "ruby tuesday" jacket; keith's little red bedazzled bolero from way back (extremely tiny!). they, too, had mixing boards that i think were actually more interesting than exhibitionism. much more mick taylor at the hall (none at exhibitionism).

i will say that exhibitionism paid far more attention to album cover art and stages design than r&r hall, which was quite interesting. the film montage of stage design was great. and the 3-d bit at the end was pretty good; sorry some didn't get their glasses, but as a whole, it did not have the polish of even bowie's traveling exhibit a couple of years ago.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: March 13, 2017 16:51

bleedingman
potus43
Glasses were provided

Thanks, don't mean to make it big deal but were they handed out or were they somewhere in the room? No one in my group of about 30 people was wearing glasses. The woman at the entrance simply said "Enjoy the show".

Well you (ALL) obviously missed something.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 14, 2017 18:13

The Rolling Stones & Pentagram (9-minute video with a tour on the exhibition)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home