Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 15, 2016 21:50

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: November 15, 2016 22:42

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: November 15, 2016 23:20

A quality subtext on the news today :-)

Date: November 15, 2016 23:43

thumbs up

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: November 15, 2016 23:58

Hi Everyone,

I have a work trip planned for New York City in December. I am trying to plan my work meetings around a visit to Exhibitionism. For those of you who have attended, how much time should I budget to visit Exhibitionism and truly enjoy it without being rushed?

Any advice is much appreciated-- thank you!

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: November 16, 2016 00:34

StonesSoCal
Hi Everyone,

I have a work trip planned for New York City in December. I am trying to plan my work meetings around a visit to Exhibitionism. For those of you who have attended, how much time should I budget to visit Exhibitionism and truly enjoy it without being rushed?

i spent four hours in London -- we only left because they were shutting up shop

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 16, 2016 02:18

Live streaming from the red carpet on Facebook right now:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 16, 2016 02:34

Thanks, here's Mick, amazing !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 16, 2016 02:35

Hugh Hefner called to say he wants his robe back ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 16, 2016 05:57

Couldn't quite make out what was said due to the chatter, but it sounded very much like the last questions to Mick (ten seconds or so from end) were about the new record and then the "fan club" was mentioned in some context or another..

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 16, 2016 13:05

Matt, come on, we need news! drinking smiley How was it?

It´s so quite here...

The Rolling Stones - Exhibitionism, New York November 15
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 16, 2016 15:40

Re: The Rolling Stones - Exhibitionism, New York November 15
Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: November 16, 2016 15:56

bye bye johnny

What a great picture!

Thank God they're still around to help us all get through these crazy times.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 16, 2016 22:07

No stir here - and there?

Date: November 17, 2016 02:30

Date: November 17, 2016 02:31

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 17, 2016 03:13

Ronnie, blurry,* arriving for the press conference (which was in the building across the street that houses the exhibit's gift shop and box office).

* the photograph is blurry, not Ronnie

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 16:01 by schillid.

Date: November 17, 2016 03:36

Slipping Away
The press conference last night was across the little West Village street from Exhibitionism in a small garage-like building with big tongues out front that houses Exhibitionism's expensive gift shop and box office. Importantly, it also has a back door. And instead of walking across the street and then along a pink carpet where I was perfectly positioned to record them and say hi as they entered Exhibitionism through the front door... At some point the Stones must've exited the small building out the back door after the press conference, then quietly drove around a few city blocks, to Exhibitionism's back door.

Monkey Man
Lorne Michaels and Jimmy Fallon skipped the press conference. Their car pulled up to the pink carpet at some point during or after the press conference. (Also seen: Martin Scorsese, Tommy Hilfinger.) Jimmy's a good sport, even offering to climb over the barricade to go across the street to pose for selfies, sign autographs. I wonder if Jimmy's arrival was a diversion for when the Stones left the press conference building across the street through the back door.

You can't always get what you want...
IG, JR: I'm happy to help too.
After all that... Thanks Anyway.

Edited 36 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 16:03 by schillid.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 17, 2016 06:14

Dreamtime, thanks fot the pics of you and Matt and Lisa and Sasha.

Matt, I didn't know you and Sasha were so close!

Schillid, yeah when we were waiting for the band outside Industria on Tues., we were wondering if they slipped in the back door. No, thank goodness. Hope you had a bit of fun, anyway. Wish I had tried for photos.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 17, 2016 11:43

CloudCat
StonesSoCal
Hi Everyone,

Me too. Four hours and didn't spend more than a couple of minutes at the mixing desks which some people spent a long time with.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 17, 2016 12:42

rebelrebel
CloudCat
StonesSoCal
Hi Everyone,

Me too. Four hours and didn't spend more than a couple of minutes at the mixing desks which some people spent a long time with.

same here, around 3 1/2 hours on my two visits.

Loved every minute and would go again.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: November 17, 2016 14:42

Here's a report from a local TV station on the NYC opening of Exhibitionism.
Not sure if it can be seen outside the US.

And I do know this means absolutely nothing, but check out the anchor/presenter's comment at 2:31.

"And I actually asked Keith Richards in person, when are you guys coming back to New York, "he's like -- soon."
I can't says anything on the record, but soon.."

The anchor admits that he's not close with Keith who did not share any specific details. But let's keep our fingers crossed.

[www.fox5ny.com]

Date: November 17, 2016 16:58

I saw Exhibitionism last Sunday (on the day after it was opened to the public) and I loved it.

On Tuesday afternoon around 4:30, I drove into the city to see if I’d get a glimpse of or be able to say hi to the Rolling Stones going into or out of Exhibitionism. Or even better, maybe I'd miraculously get into the reception... get invited in by... anyone!. Hey, you never know... My cell phone might ring. I live close to NYC in New Jersey, and because most of the cars and people are leaving the city late in the afternoon, it was fast and easy to drive into the city and park on the street in the West Village a few blocks away from Industria.

I was walking down Washington Street near 12th Street towards Industria, a few blocks away at around 6pm. A motorcade rumbled down the street next to me… big, black SUV’s. The first and last cars had blinking red, blue, and white flashing lights. I shuddered and thought of Donald Trump and Trump Tower nearby. But when I saw the motorcade turn left at 12th Street - where Exhibitionism is, I realized that I should pick up the pace.

By the time I rounded the corner, I could hear chants of “Keith! Keith!” I suppose Mick had already gone in first (to the gift shop/garage across from Industria for the pre-show press conference). I fumbled for my phone and shot that picture of Ronnie. The little building in the photos with the big tongues is a garage or something across the street from the Exhibitionism at Industria -- and it goes all the way through to the next street (Bethune St.). Inside the front of the little one-story building is the gift shop and the box office. Tuesday night it was also the site of a mini-press conference (the pics we’ve seen). It was also the site of a reception after the gallery show.

I waited with other people behind a barricade next to Indusria's main entrance, watching people walk down the red pink carpet — some came from the short press conference across the street. Others hadn’t attended the press conference, instead pulling up and going into Industria, including Scorsese, Lorne Michaels, Jimmy Fallon. We were all waiting for the Stones to come out of that little building across the street, walk across the narrow street street, and along the red pink carpet.

But we had been given the slip. I eventually figured that out (I am guessing some of this...) they had slipped out the back of the garage; into cars; driven around the block to Industria's loading dock/exit; entered Industria for an appearance inside Exhibitionism's galleries (the appearance must have been brief); exited the Exhibitionism galleries again through the exit/loading dock ; back into the waiting limos; returning to the garage’s back door for the reception at 8:15. Well, by the time I realized all this it was around 9:00 and I was tired and ready to go home.

I decided to walk around the back of the garage... as it turned out, it was just as Mick was leaving through the back door (for the 2nd time that evening, I believe) and jumping into his big black limousine. “Mick! Mick!” I could hear a paparazzi calling out… Mick's car drove off. I walked to my car and I drove off too.

Edited 30 time(s). Last edit at 2016-11-17 23:51 by schillid.

Date: November 17, 2016 18:42

Date: November 17, 2016 18:44

Date: November 17, 2016 18:46

Date: November 17, 2016 18:48

Date: November 17, 2016 18:51

Date: November 17, 2016 18:54

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 17, 2016 18:57

Thanks for posting the pics DREAMTIME.

I love this stage!

Don't know where it's from, but would love to see them do a retro stage like this.. perhaps with the center being a revolving album.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home