Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 77
Re: Exhibitionism NYC Date
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 24, 2016 04:51

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: October 24, 2016 05:01

More Hot Rocks
Just look it up

[ticketek.stonesexhibitionism.com]

Yeah ok, but does that mean that the first day for public tickets is also the day of the opening celebration/event?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 24, 2016 12:17

Bobbyb98
I believe it's November 11th...

Also my dad's birthday...would be a nice way for me to remember him. smiling smiley

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 24, 2016 15:15

..maybe there will be some changes from the Uk exhibition...???

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 24, 2016 16:23

jp.M
..maybe there will be some changes from the Uk exhibition...???

Well, some reference to their 'NYC period' perhaps?
Censored, but of course.

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: October 26, 2016 01:03

The opening day is Nov 12th. Did anybody receive their VIP passes yet? I had mine sent to me in the mail.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: October 26, 2016 06:22

LuvtheJag43
The opening day is Nov 12th. Did anybody receive their VIP passes yet? I had mine sent to me in the mail.
if the opening date is november 12th, the opening party for celebs and VIPs will be the evening before....aka a chance to get an autograph if it is anything like London was!

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: October 26, 2016 07:05

Yeah I am asking about this type of event.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 26, 2016 10:59

I arrive in NYC on the 12th which is opening day. There are a few relatively minor changes to the exhibition.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 26, 2016 19:46

Just looked at the ticket site and there are tickets available for the opening and all other dates except for Nov. 15. Nov. 15 is sold out. What is happening that day?

Looking forward to seeing this in NYC!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 28, 2016 05:44

Interactive NY map on StonesExhibitionism.com: [www.stonesexhibitionism.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 28, 2016 18:56

spikenyc
Just looked at the ticket site and there are tickets available for the opening and all other dates except for Nov. 15. Nov. 15 is sold out. What is happening that day?

Stones gig for the wealthy people of NYC, no fans allowed.
Jeroen

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 29, 2016 22:45

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 29, 2016 23:15

corriecas
spikenyc

Stones gig for the wealthy people of NYC, no fans allowed.
Jeroen

Ok, do tell? Would be nice to be there since I live so close by.
thx

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 30, 2016 16:49

Art installations were unveiled in #NewYorkCity ahead of the Exhibitionism - #THEROLLINGSTONES opening Nov.12. Photo by John Angelillo/UPI

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 30, 2016 22:56

joshbg2k
When is the opening celebration?

It can't be TooTough to work out :-) See TooTough's post above. I don't arrive in NYC until the 12th so it certainly ain't the 11th!

Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 00:45

I'm confused, is the big opening with the Stones there the 15th and that's why it's sold out that day? Why would it be 3 days after the public opening day? Wouldn't they be at an opening on the 12th since it's not the 11th? Confusing.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 31, 2016 01:04

Amy340
I'm confused, is the big opening with the Stones there the 15th and that's why it's sold out that day? Why would it be 3 days after the public opening day? Wouldn't they be at an opening on the 12th since it's not the 11th? Confusing.

IF they come on the 15th - it might be closed for you (and me) - and is
not "sold out". Look at the London reports. When they opened it themselves it
was for invitees and the press.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-31 01:07 by TooTough.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 01:12

I know, I was just confused as to why the 15th might (??) be the press day, when it's 3 days after the opening. In London it was the night before the opening, that's why it was confusing to me. I would have thought the opening celebration would be the 12th, if it wasn't the 11th.

Edited to add, you can buy tickets still for the 12th, even the last entry time of 7:30 pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-31 01:16 by Amy340.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 5, 2016 00:27

The Rolling Stones are the centerpiece of a new exhibit at New York’s HG Contemporary gallery. Philippe Hoerle-Guggenheim, the gallery’s director, shows several rare and personal items for sale for the first time, including band members’ guitars as well as iconic paintings. Video ;

[www.dailynewspoint.com]

Date: November 5, 2016 05:56

Amy340
I know, I was just confused as to why the 15th might (??) be the press day, when it's 3 days after the opening. In London it was the night before the opening, that's why it was confusing to me. I would have thought the opening celebration would be the 12th, if it wasn't the 11th.

Edited to add, you can buy tickets still for the 12th, even the last entry time of 7:30 pm

I would trust Matt Lee's hints on this one. Bit odd but maybe it didn't work with the band members' schedules otherwise.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 5, 2016 10:18

alieb
Amy340

I would trust Matt Lee's hints on this one. Bit odd but maybe it didn't work with the band members' schedules otherwise.

'Schedules' ?
I thought they were all on a long vacation.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: November 5, 2016 15:25

Strong advise:

Don't go there on the opening day, or you will be crushed. No fun!!!

In London we spent at least half an hour for the first 20 meters inside.

Wait a few days or better a few weeks and you'll feel nice and comfy inside with easy access to all the things displayed.

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: November 6, 2016 18:08

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but does anyone have any official date on when the Stones might be there for a celebration? I live in NYC and would love to try to catch a glimpse!

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: November 7, 2016 08:27

Roadster32
Strong advise:

Don't go there on the opening day, or you will be crushed. No fun!!!

In London we spent at least half an hour for the first 20 meters inside.

Wait a few days or better a few weeks and you'll feel nice and comfy inside with easy access to all the things displayed.

I do agree!
A friend of mine and me went to the London exhibition in middle August, just three weeks before closing date. There were no queus, no pushing, not a second of waiting. We could walk through any room without paying attention to possibly crushing into someone else. Two and a half hours of pure and quiet enjoyment.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: November 7, 2016 13:15

If it's anything like the London opening and the stones turn up for a private view party, it's worth waiting outside - I got a few memorable words from KR ( along the lines of " I like your hat " and several people got rare autographs from all four at the London one .

Date: November 7, 2016 15:11

EJM
If it's anything like the London opening and the stones turn up for a private view party, it's worth waiting outside - I got a few memorable words from KR ( along the lines of " I like your hat " and several people got rare autographs from all four at the London one .
Yup I was there too and the girl next to me even got a selfie with keef, which I would not have thought possible from him (even if she was gorgeous and Italian) so definitely get there early and brin a record!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 7, 2016 19:29

EJM
If it's anything like the London opening and the stones turn up for a private
view party, it's worth waiting outside - I got a few memorable words from KR
( along the lines of " I like your hat " and several people got rare autographs
from all four at the London one

Yes...smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 7, 2016 20:28

alieb
EJM
Yup I was there too and the girl next to me even got a selfie with keef, which I would not have thought possible from him (even if she was gorgeous and Italian) so definitely get there early and brin a record!

Maybe I can convince my gorgeous American daughter who lives in Manhattan to stand in line for me and get an autograph or something. Wish I could make it to the opening, but it'll be December or January before I can get up there.

Have fun everyone!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 8, 2016 23:15

Who's going in the next week or so?

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2116
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home