Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 29, 2016 15:46

JumpinJimF
glen
Going this Saturday, really looking forward to it.

Popping into Sticky Fingers afterwards for something to eat and a few beers smileys with beer
You'll enjoy it.
After I visited I "went down to the Chelsea Drugstore" which is about 5 minutes away. Big disappointment as it is now a McDonalds of course. Didn't go in to find out if they had a cherry red soda though.
Sticky Fingers might have been a better bet.

There's no cherry soda. But there's wifi and it's a handy place to pee. And let the imagination run wild.

Posted by: woody ()
Date: August 1, 2016 11:17

Hi Guys and Gals, i am going at the weekend, what is the name of the restaurant next door that is getting the good recommendations ?, thanks.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 1, 2016 11:50

woody

what is the name of the restaurant next door that is getting the good recommendations ?

Maybe [www.stickyfingers.co.uk] could be an alternative.

Not quite the next door and not sure about good recommendations -- but it would do Bill Wyman a favor .... smiling smiley

It's only a 7 mins journey with the Circle line - Tube from Sloane Square to High Street Kensington, then a 3 mins walk to 1A Phillimore Gardens (at the corner Phillimore Walk).
See also the Map at [www.stickyfingers.co.uk] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-01 13:25 by Irix.

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: August 1, 2016 12:55

Irix
woody

what is the name of the restaurant next door that is getting the good recommendations ?

The name is: [www.stickyfingers.co.uk] .

Not quite the next door and not sure about good recommendations - but doing Bill Wyman a favor and visiting the Sticky Fingers Restaurant could be a good alternative .... smiling smiley

It's only a 7 mins journey with the Circle line - Tube from Sloane Square to High Street Kensington, then a 3 mins walk to 1A Phillimore Gardens (at the corner Phillimore Walk).
See also the Map at [www.stickyfingers.co.uk] .

The restaurant right next door to the Saatchi Gallery entranced (mentioned earlier in this thread) is called Gallery Mess.

I have no idea if it is any good but the diners looked happy enough when we sat on a bench eating our sandwiches (I am a cheapskate - "Meal Deal" from Boots on King's Road directly opposite).

Date: August 1, 2016 12:56

woody
Hi Guys and Gals, i am going at the weekend, what is the name of the restaurant next door that is getting the good recommendations ?, thanks.

That would be the Gallery Mess [www.dukeofyorksquare.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2016 12:58

I have no idea if it is any good but the diners looked happy enough

Those electric vibrating chairs will get ya every time .....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 1, 2016 13:01

Rockman

grinning smiley so that's what it was...

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: August 1, 2016 16:03

woody

Been to this restaurant twice in the space of six weeks or so.

If you get the weather, its nice to sit outside, but quite comfortable inside as well. the food is decent enough and had two pleasant meals with the service being very good.

Date: August 1, 2016 16:21

odean73
woody

If you get the weather, its nice to sit outside, but quite comfortable inside as well. the food is decent enough and had two pleasant meals with the service being very good.

Hope you didn't see me (in my ragged company) on the bench eating my Meal Deal sandwiches then winking smiley

Date: August 1, 2016 17:58

Rockman

Dammit! I went with the Boots meal deal too. Nothing vibrated.

Date: August 1, 2016 18:47

JumpinJimF
odean73
woody

Hope you didn't see me (in my ragged company) on the bench eating my Meal Deal sandwiches then winking smiley

The exhibition has cost me a small fortune, but with the stones not touring Europe or the UK I decided to treat myself in having a couple of weekends down in London.
The wife also said it was part of my 60th birthday celebration which is later on in the year.

Posted by: woody ()
Date: August 1, 2016 20:59

Hi All
The Gallery Mess it is then, many thanks for your help.

Date: August 1, 2016 22:36

woody
Hi All
The Gallery Mess it is then, many thanks for your help.

We did book the first time, and waited around 5 minutes the last time. There is a chance it could be busier as more people could be on holidays etc.

Date: August 2, 2016 20:57

odean73
JumpinJimF
odean73
woody

The exhibition has cost me a small fortune, but with the stones not touring Europe or the UK I decided to treat myself in having a couple of weekends down in London.
The wife also said it was part of my 60th birthday celebration which is later on in the year.

Fair enough! Hope you have a great 60th.

Date: August 2, 2016 22:18

JumpinJimF
odean73
JumpinJimF
odean73
woody

Fair enough! Hope you have a great 60th.

Cheers.

Date: August 3, 2016 22:22

Dumb question, please bear with me. At Exhibitionism I recall a Zemaitis guitar of Ronnie's and I was sure that the carving was a treasure map. Just showing the book to a guitar nerd friend and the Zemaitis pictured on Page 106 is just a leaf pattern. I found a YouTube video showing the treasure Map one I recall. Were there two Zemaitis guitars at the Exhibit? The book could not have possibly have got it wrong?

Date: August 4, 2016 10:55

I can remember the treasure map one, but cant recall the leaf pattern one,

With my memory thou, i probably not the best one to give out info.

Date: August 4, 2016 16:29

SomeTorontoGirl
Dumb question, please bear with me. At Exhibitionism I recall a Zemaitis guitar of Ronnie's and I was sure that the carving was a treasure map. Just showing the book to a guitar nerd friend and the Zemaitis pictured on Page 106 is just a leaf pattern. I found a YouTube video showing the treasure Map one I recall. Were there two Zemaitis guitars at the Exhibit? The book could not have possibly have got it wrong?

I remember two, one described as treasure map. Mind you what I know about guitars wouldn't even fill up a page of Keith's little 1963 diary.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 6, 2016 03:15

I have a spare VIP ticket for either 31st August or 1st September, if you want to go email me at chrisandpam.egan@btinternet
Com I'm going for my 3rd visit, would love for someone who can't afford the ticket to go as my guest.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: glen ()
Date: August 6, 2016 23:07

SomeTorontoGirl

Yeah there was definitely two.

The treasure map one was in with the main instrument display, the leaf one was later in the exhibition, I believe in was in the rarities section.

Date: August 6, 2016 23:57

glen
Yeah there was definitely two.

The treasure map one was in with the main instrument display, the leaf one was later in the exhibition, I believe in was in the rarities section.

Thanks Glen et al. I know squat about guitars, but the one Zemaitis I saw was pretty.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 7, 2016 15:37

Finally been able to afford a trip down, going on a Saturday in a couple of weeks smiling bouncing smiley

Anything in particular to bear in mind?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 7, 2016 16:00

Bastion

Only 4 weeks -- Exhibitionism for London ends on September 4, 2016.

A couple of weeks could be too late for London. Next stop for Exhibitionism is New York City from November 2016 on -- or you have to wait until it comes to one of the other 10 planned cities beside London/NYC .... smiling smiley

Date: August 7, 2016 21:48

Irix
Bastion

Only 4 weeks -- Exhibitionism for London ends on September 4, 2016.

A couple of weeks could be too late for London. Next stop for Exhibitionism is New York City from November 2016 on -- or you have to wait until it comes to one of the other 10 planned cities beside London/NYC .... smiling smiley

A couple of weeks will be ok, one thing it takes longer than you think to go round.

Date: August 7, 2016 22:07

Bastion
Finally been able to afford a trip down, going on a Saturday in a couple of weeks smiling bouncing smiley

Well, the Boots Meal Deal is getting quite a strong endorsement. That, and playing with the mixing board for Rocks Off.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: August 8, 2016 11:46

Has anayone got any experience with buying tickets at box office? What are the chances of getting in at the next available time slot? Tnx!

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: August 8, 2016 20:09

I had no trouble walking up to the Exhibitionism box office at about 9:50 am & buying a 10 am ticket on Wed, 27 July.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: August 8, 2016 22:07

Tnx!

Date: August 10, 2016 11:21

Finally, I'll get to see this, too! August 24 will be a blast smileys with beer

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: August 10, 2016 17:57

I wa yesterday in London. It was great.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home