Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 12, 2016 15:45

The Joker

Is the expo going elsewhere than London? Like a travelling circus?

From [www.rollingstones.com] :

"It is planned that following the London exhibition EXHIBITIONISM will visit eleven other global Cities around the world over a four year period."

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: June 12, 2016 16:36

This lorry (truck) recons 12 countries! We shall see, but yes it's a touring exhibition. The items I have loaned are not due back for just over four more years...

Date: June 12, 2016 16:45

mattleeuk

This lorry (truck) recons 12 countries!

Yeah -- London (UK) + 11 other global Cities -> 12 countries .... smiling smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 12, 2016 17:27

I absolutely loved it, but I would like to return on a midweek date and not weekend. It was a bit crowded and difficult to fully enjoy the studio and mixing part. But I did play Miss You with Bill´s bass track as loud as it could get, and that alone made it for me.

Posted by: FreejackPL ()
Date: June 12, 2016 18:31

Hi,
I plan to be there on the begginig of July. There is any official marchandise stand inside gallery?
Thanks,

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 12, 2016 18:42

Yes there is a gift shop inside. I bought the official Exhibitionism book based on the exhibition itself and some other items I couldn't resist.

Date: June 12, 2016 18:51

FreejackPL

There is any official marchandise stand inside gallery?

Yes, it's inside the Saatchi Gallery available ....

[www.gettyimages.com]

[www.stonesexhibitionism.com]

.... and also as Online-Store available:

[stonesexhibitionismshop.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 12:40 by Irix.

Date: June 12, 2016 19:08

Great! Thanks.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 12, 2016 23:13

The Worst.
Yes there is a gift shop inside. I bought the official Exhibitionism book based on the exhibition itself and some other items I couldn't resist.

Same for me in the shop, my Mrs was worried that we had a table booked for a meal and was running well past our time.

But I will be back in July and have a better look and hopefully they will be stocked up.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 13, 2016 15:23

Been there on Saturday. I had a wonderful time. Highlights to me were Edith Grove, which was exactly like I always pictured their flat; the backstage area with Keith and Ronnies guitar racks; and the Recording studio where you get to mix the different tracks yourself of a number of songs yourself.

I was assured the guitars in the rack are the real deal. I could not believe it but the 72 custom had the switch replaced in the right location and the lower E string and bridge were removed. So either they are the real deal or the conservator has a great eye for detail.

If you haven't been and have an opportunity to go, go!

Date: June 13, 2016 16:01

Sorry if this has been covered but I did go through this thread and couldn't find the release date of the exhibitionism book (for those who won't get to London)

Does anyone know the release date?

Thanks!
Craig.

Date: June 13, 2016 18:10

[email protected]

(...) couldn't find the release date of the exhibitionism book (...) Does anyone know the release date?

Release date is June 24, 2016: [stonesexhibitionismshop.com] .

The 272-pages Hardback Edition costs GBP 70.00 / EUR 89.99 and the Paperback Edition costs GBP 30.00 / EUR 38.99.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-13 19:10 by Irix.

Date: June 13, 2016 19:42

Thanks!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 13, 2016 21:54

FreejackPL
Hi,
I plan to be there on the begginig of July. There is any official marchandise stand inside gallery?
Thanks,

The store is quite big and there is a lot more stuff for sale than what's advertised on the web site.

I can't understand why they don't put most of the items sold in the shop on the web site.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 14, 2016 06:19

odean73

I can't understand why they don't put most of the items sold in the shop on the web site.

Same for me.
I wonder what the size of the John PAsche lithos 71/72 is.
Did not buy them when I went there and sadly can't neither the info not the items online

Date: June 14, 2016 13:35

Doc

I wonder what the size of the John PAsche lithos 71/72 is.

Dunno - maybe they're the same as these ones: [www.rollingstonesposters.co.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-14 14:10 by Irix.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 18, 2016 15:59

Irix
[email protected]

(...) couldn't find the release date of the exhibitionism book (...) Does anyone know the release date?

Release date is June 24, 2016: [stonesexhibitionismshop.com] .

The 272-pages Hardback Edition costs GBP 70.00 / EUR 89.99 and the Paperback Edition costs GBP 30.00 / EUR 38.99.

Just placed my pre-order.
Thanks for the link,Irix.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 21, 2016 16:21

COMING TO NEW YORK IN NOVEMBER!

Date: June 21, 2016 16:25

Kurt

Officially: Exhibitionism comes to New York's Industria Superstudio (775 Washington Street, West Village) in November 2016 -- [www.rollingstones.com] , [www.stonesexhibitionism.com] .

Tickets for New York will go on sale to the general public in September.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-21 16:30 by Irix.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 21, 2016 18:11

Yay!
Great News!!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: June 21, 2016 22:49

Nice!! smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 22, 2016 14:38

I am going tomorrow, very excitedspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Never again do you call me Dandy

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 28, 2016 00:48

Irix
Kurt

Officially: Exhibitionism comes to New York's Industria Superstudio (775 Washington Street, West Village) in November 2016 -- [www.rollingstones.com] , [www.stonesexhibitionism.com] .

Tickets for New York will go on sale to the general public in September.

You can sign up for priority access, whatever that means. Just sent them my email address - I'm sure I'll hear from Mick any day now. cool smiley

Date: June 29, 2016 00:22

I bought the tickets for this Saturday. I’m very excited and can’t wait for this journey.

When does Exhiibitionism begin in NYC? How long will it run?
Posted by: 1967fan ()
Date: July 1, 2016 06:12

When does Exhiibitionism begin in NYC? How long will it run? I'd like to go,,,

Re: When does Exhiibitionism begin in NYC? How long will it run?
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 1, 2016 06:20

starts in november and runs for 5 months i think? someone else can confirm though

About Exhiibitionism
Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: July 1, 2016 08:19

Is it supposed to go to multiple countries,
i think i saw something about going on for a couple of years,
if yes then i would assume Toronto should be representing Canada,
what do you guys think.

Re: About Exhiibitionism
Date: July 1, 2016 10:25

Check in the Exhibitionism thread. It's supposed to be going on for four years, and NYC is up next in the fall.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 5, 2016 01:42

Had the good fortune to make a quick trip from Boston over to London this week and saw Ex on Fri. morning. Really good - enjoyed it a lot. A couple spoilers: the costumes room was fantastic. Loved seeing Mick's outfit from Altamont/Gimme Shelter. A kick seeing a replica of the cover of Ya Ya's, complete with a mule! The big event though (again, don't read if you want to be surprised) is the last room where they show - in 3D (complete with the glasses, on a giant screen)- them doing Satisfaction from Hyde Park (which I was at 3 years ago) - you feel like you are on stage with them. It's very cool! The gift shop has lots of good stuff - you could spend some serious money there. As an aside, right next door to the Saatchi is a Taschen book store that has a huge Stones book that is signed by them all - for I believe the woman said 4,000 pounds! Anyway - the exhibit is a must see for Stones fans - either in London or when it comes to NY.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 5, 2016 06:15

Following up on my comment on the Taschen book I saw in London, take a look at Taschen.com and search for the Rolling Stones. You will see the book I mentioned. It's $6,000 US (1,750 copies) and art print editions are $10k (75 of those - a few versions, some sold out and some go up to $20,000!). Poke around and you will see a 2 minute video about its making. Feeling rich? There was a Bowie book by this company that famed rock photographer Mick Rock did recently - some of which were signed by him and Bowie for about $4,000 (now long sold out)- what a bargain! I have an unsigned version of that Bowie book (about $50) and it IS nice. Seems like Taschen signed editions make the super nice, very high quality Genesis books look like a steal!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home