Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 7, 2016 15:25

I seem to recall that when Exhibitionism was announced last year, the Stones web site said it would include previously unheard tracks. Does it? Or am I wrong?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 7, 2016 15:50

Kingbeebuzz
I seem to recall that when Exhibitionism was announced last year, the Stones web site said it would include previously unheard tracks. Does it? Or am I wrong?

Well, the only audios that were unknown to me are isolated tracks
(b, gt, gt, voc, key, dr) on Miss You, Start Me Up, Angie, Undercover
and a few more. You can separate and mix them. Esp. Miss You and Rocks Off
are fantastic if you seperate the guitars from the rest.
Start Me Up has a (to me) unknown vocal part by Mick and a cow bell.

Mistake: The guitars of the Taylor era are credited to Ronnie. That´s not good.

In the recording studio runs a loop of studio jams, incl. Ventilator Blues on
a Dobro (?). then the bass joins in. Don´t know the era when they tried it out.
It´s not Dallas rehearsals 1972. The loop lasts for 3-4 minutes. That
could
easily be more elaborated (with a song building up). Great room anyway.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 20:50 by TooTough.

Posted by: woodyrichards ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:10

Hi

Does anybody who lives in the UK can download the James Bay tour vid of the Exhibitionism and put it here?

Thanks

the link is James Bay - Exhibitionism

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: April 7, 2016 17:32

The last section with the 3d performance, is like watching sitting and watching 3d in cinema or like virtual reality?

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: April 7, 2016 18:32

StratoGR
The last section with the 3d performance, is like watching sitting and watching 3d in cinema or like virtual reality?

Mebee this helps dude:

3D concert experience: You are in a typical backstage area at a Stones gig. Flight cases, racks of guitars, mirrors, changing areas, computer screens, little enclosures. “We’re ready to go when you are,” comes a message from the crew. Stick on the special specs and step out “on stage” alongside the group at one of their shows in Hyde Park in 2013. You will see the view of the runway out into the audience exactly as Jagger sees it while he runs the 50 metres or so out into the middle of the crowd. Stand shoulder to shoulder with Keith and Ronnie as they chop out the riff to Satisfaction and fireworks explode into the night sky. A breath-taking finale to the show - and the exhibition.

\m/

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: April 7, 2016 18:51

thanks for all pictures and comments. Sounds and looks very good to me winking smiley
any idea if it will come soon to Paris ?

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: April 7, 2016 19:35

many thanks for replying Too Tough.
Can't wait to get there myself in 2 weeks!

Posted by: madshadow ()
Date: April 7, 2016 21:39

Wow, saw a few seconds of this at the Exhibition.

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Colour!!

Posted by: madshadow ()
Date: April 7, 2016 21:40

Child of the Moon (should have said!!)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 7, 2016 22:04

TooTough

It's not good, but maybe it's not a mistake - if MT's representative is really insisting on erasing his name from the exhibit ...
Now that I mention it, the discrepancy in the number of concerts the band has played
might also be a result of that unfortunate brouhaha - maybe they subtracted the number concerts MT played at.
(That's only partly a joke, I'm sorry to say.) (See this sad thread if you don't know the story: [www.iorr.org])

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 7, 2016 22:43

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 22:46 by schillid.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: April 7, 2016 22:49

TooTough
Here are a few of my shots. I don´t want to spoil, if
you want to go there.

The infamous flat...there´s even more rooms.

Nice detail, the CB and MW records from Dartford train station...

Some Girls design with Rotten Roll on it...

Bill entering...

The Pathe Marconi list:

Well, and this....>grinning smiley<

Thank you very much mr. TooTough!

The list of 44 songs from Pathé Marconi Studios Paris has my special interest.
There are 16 titles I never heard off. The rest are known: released officialy, on bootleg or written about but unheard (Infection, Once You Start, both see innersleeve of Gimme Some Neck)

The 16 new titles are:
ARE YOU READY
ALL MY LIFE
BT
BROWN SMEAR
DISTANT MELODY
GONE DEAD TRAIN
HAVANA
I USED TO BE DOWN
JUST BECAUSE I TOLD YOU
LAST ............ BLUES
RAMBLING
SHAME
TUESDAY NIGHT
TRAIN SONG
WONDERFUL
WOODY MOTOWN

What a great list!
Anybody got some thoughts/information/input?
What does BT stand for?
JUST BECAUSE I TOLD YOU can be JUST BECAUSE (2002) and TROUBLE by KR (2015)...
Who can read what is written between LAST.........BLUES
SHAME must be SHAME SHAME SHAME right?
WONDERFUL could be JAH WONDERFUL...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 22:51 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 22:55

Went today and loved it, spent 3 hours there. Managed to sneak a few photos of the outfits (I've realised why they don't want photography, it's so you buy the book with photos and postcards of them in the gift shop) Bills Hyde Park '69 outfit was there lent by him which was great.

There's a vid towards the end talking about most of the players Stu, Nicky Hopkins, Chuck, Lisa, Daryl, Bernard, Bobby, Billy Preston

Taylor's name was listed on the giant itinerary in the backstage area and was in the recent Hyde Park Sweet Summer Sun footage of Satisfaction in 3D at the end on acoustic. Other than that no clothes or guitars of his from what I could see.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-07 23:54 by brownsugar86.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 7, 2016 22:59

Thanks for the great shots, TooTough

Can't wait for it to come to NYC

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 7, 2016 23:19

TooTough, that's amazing you got all four signatures! Why did you not take the record out of the sleeve though? tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 8, 2016 01:11

alieb
TooTough, that's amazing you got all four signatures! Why did you not take the record out of the sleeve though? tongue sticking out smiley

You mean I can put the signed clear sleeve over EVERY record since 1976 -
and it is signed?? Cool. grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 8, 2016 01:30

TooTough
alieb

You mean I can put the signed clear sleeve over EVERY record since 1976 -
and it is signed?? Cool. grinning smiley

>grinning smiley<

Thanks for the photos and congratulations for your signed record, TooTough. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-08 01:32 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: April 8, 2016 04:16

matxil
Rollin92
matxil
If Mick Taylor (or Bill Wyman) has problems with the band or with band members, he should call them or contact them (and don't give me that nonsense about not having their phonenumbers). This public whining is the worst possible reaction one could have and it will only make things worse for himself. My expectation is that the Stones will shrug this off, maybe feel a bit sorry for Mick T. and go on with whatever they wanna do.
I could even imagine they initially didn't invite him because it's not the first time he's complaining about the treatment he got, and they just don't want to have someone around who's only moaning. The only one in the band who is allowed to publicly complain seems to be Keith Richards. Not even Mick Jagger ever publicly complained about his problems within the band.

If MT doesn't "publicly whine" then how is his side/grievances going to be understood. They didn't want him there because Jagger is terrified of nostalgia and is obsessed purely with what is ahead.

Also, it's ok for the Stones to publicly snub MT but not ok for MT to publicly voice his complaints?

I haven't heard any of the Stones snub MT, not even Keith, who's normally the only one who cannot stop himself saying whatever he thinks.
Look, I am not defending the Stones, but neither accusing them. Clearly their relationship is not very good (and the same goes for Bill), and somehow the "50 and counting" shows didn't help. For whatever reason, and we don't know what that reason is. But the only ones I heard complaining and snubbing were Mick T and Bill W. Maybe they have a reason to be angry, I don't know, but then they should tell these complaints to Jagger, to Keith, to Charlie or Ron. Not to the social media or the Daily Mail. What do you expect the Stones to do? "Oh, it's alright you complaining about us, we're gonna invite you anyway"? What would you do?
I mean, it's one thing to invite an ex to your birthday, but it's another if that ex is all over the media complaining about you, no? I have the feeling (and his facebook posts confirm this) that Mick T considers himself "the best guitar player the Stones ever had". I know a lot of people of this forum think so too. And hell, yes, he was an excellent player, and did beautiful things clearly out of reach for Ron or Keith. But you really think with that attitude the Stones are eager to take you on board? I think - for one thing - that Ronnie Wood has showed admirably restraint and courtesy and respect. I can't honestly think of many guitar-players who would have accepted having Mick T back on stage. I thought that was a beautiful gesture. And somehow - and I am not saying I know how or what - something went wrong. But one should wash one's dirty clothes indoors, not in public.

Thanks. I still have 10 pages to do. Just wanted to say I agree. Still think it was not written by him. Now 10 more pages. Gotta see what was posted before I post my pics. (almost got thrown out twice... :-) )

Date: April 8, 2016 04:37

DoomandGloom
Yes they have an adequate Vegas band with Wood with occasional greatness based on the strength of their unmatched catalog but Wood has often been the weak link, presently he is Keith's caddy, finishing phrases, kissing butt and spreading misinformation while pretending to be Taylor's pal. I never bought that act for a second but desperate Taylor gets played a fool by an experienced manipulator. When I was an insider in the 80's Taylor's Ghost was still around and he came up in conversation as an unresolved issue. The company line was Wood was given the job to inspire Keith to take the lead.

Keith's caddy... LOL. Who is saving Keith's butt again and again. 'Cept for maybe this tour. Seen them live the since the Licks tour?
When you see the joy Ronnie and Taylor have together on stage. Ambassador, etc.
Will agree with you that it could be fake... I'm not his brain.
OK, I will stop. But bet we will see Ronnie and Taylor more time together.
Still friends? LOL.

TE
Oslo

Date: April 8, 2016 05:54

lickedlady1966
Are you allowed to take pictures inside? If yes, do you have to buy a "photo permit"?

And from me, too, a huge Thank you to all of you who delivered news and pictures last night. So sad I couldn´t be there....

Still haven't read the last 6 pages. No problem with photos. They warn you 2-3 times... LOL. Think I got 20 from Edith Grove, and 100 more. Had to rush the visit so took photos to read later. Friendly staff. They don't bother you taking a few shots. Will try write a report tomorrow. Highlight, Monday, as Bjørnulf said... Keith was this Happy Camper. Signing and talking to everyone. They almost had to drag him away from the crowd.
Will post some photos unless 10 people tell me don't. As a spoiler to someone.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 8, 2016 07:12

TE
lickedlady1966
Are you allowed to take pictures inside? If yes, do you have to buy a "photo permit"?

And from me, too, a huge Thank you to all of you who delivered news and pictures last night. So sad I couldn´t be there....

Still haven't read the last 6 pages. No problem with photos. They warn you 2-3 times... LOL. Think I got 20 from Edith Grove, and 100 more. Had to rush the visit so took photos to read later. Friendly staff. They don't bother you taking a few shots. Will try write a report tomorrow. Highlight, Monday, as Bjørnulf said... Keith was this Happy Camper. Signing and talking to everyone. They almost had to drag him away from the crowd.

TE
Oslo

I've already seen a lot of photos of the exhibition, but perhaps it would be useful to post these photos on a separate thread with a warning for those who don't want to see it in order to avoid the spoilers.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 8, 2016 10:54

I would love to see pictures. I'm flying over at the end of the month. Can't wait. Especially to see the 3D Hyde Park video.

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: April 8, 2016 11:49

Kingbeebuzz

Well, the only audios that were unknown to me are isolated tracks
(b, gt, gt, voc, key, dr) on Miss You, Start Me Up, Angie, Undercover
and a few more. You can separate and mix them. Esp. Miss You and Rocks Off
are fantastic if you seperate the guitars from the rest.
Start Me Up has a (to me) unknown vocal part by Mick and a cow bell.

In the recording studio runs a loop of studio jams, incl. Ventilator Blues on
a Dobro (?). then the bass joins in. Don´t know the era when they tried it out.
It´s not Dallas rehearsals 1972. The loop lasts for 3-4 minutes. That
could
easily be more elaborated (with a song building up). Great room anyway.

Perhaps it's from the Vilvoorde rehearsals (near Brussels) on june 2nd 2007 (Charlies birthday). They then listened to the record and played afterwards a Ventilor Blues version of 35 minutes (without vocals because Mick already left!).

bartfrombrussels
Senior Food Critic IORR

?Remember Vilvoorde?
94 concerts & counting

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 8, 2016 12:30

Cristiano Radtke
TE

TE
Oslo

I've already seen a lot of photos of the exhibition, but perhaps it would be useful to post these photos on a separate thread
with a warning for those who don't want to see it in order to avoid the spoilers.

I agree with Cristiano.

Date: April 8, 2016 14:36

Cristiano Radtke
TE
lickedlady1966

TE
Oslo

I've already seen a lot of photos of the exhibition, but perhaps it would be useful to post these photos on a separate thread with a warning for those who don't want to see it in order to avoid the spoilers.

Like... 1 min.
Know what you mean. Walk in there with an empty brain.

TE
Oslo

Date: April 8, 2016 14:57

SPOILER ALERT...

Do hope it's working. A few upside down. And all in wrong order
If going, don't look. Better to just walk in there!
Crawdaddy, one special for you in there. But don't look... Very much Oslo!

[s1211.photobucket.com]

TE
Oslo

Date: April 8, 2016 15:11

This is the solution for all who want to go:

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: April 8, 2016 17:26

Thank you all for posting pics and reports. Gets me even more excited for next months Friday 13 when I will be there and see all with my own eyes!

Here a nice little article from Another magazin called Lessons We Can Learn From The Rolling Stones

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 8, 2016 17:31

Love the reference to their ambitions as stated in a 1963 quote:
BILL: To own a castle (well, he's got Gedding Hall which ain't bad)
KEITH: To own a boat ( he did, Mandrax in 1972, France)
CHARLIE: A pink cadillac 1935 (not sure, he has some nice cars in his garage but still gasn't learned to drive)
MICK: To own his own business (Yes, Stones Inc/Jagger Films etc)
BRIAN: Houseboat and speedboat (Sadly time was not on his side but he did acquire a London bus)

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: April 8, 2016 17:40

TE
SPOILER ALERT...

Do hope it's working. A few upside down. And all in wrong order
If going, don't look. Better to just walk in there!
Crawdaddy, one special for you in there. But don't look... Very much Oslo!

[s1211.photobucket.com]

TE
Oslo

Thanks for sharing TE! I guess this thingy with Keith 71 written on it is a Shepheards Pie?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home