Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2016 02:40

Big congratulations to TooTough - absolutely fantastic! I have never seen them sign so many things. From what I've seen before, Charlie and Ronnie oblige, Mick does a few and Keith none. It was all over way too fast but what a buzz it was and still is.
You gotta love the Rolling Stones:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 5, 2016 02:53

that is just....f'n wow. how can 70 year olds be the coolest people on the planet?but somehow there they are.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 5, 2016 02:55

Beast
Big congratulations to TooTough - absolutely fantastic! I have never seen them sign so many things. From what I've seen before, Charlie and Ronnie oblige, Mick does a few and Keith none. It was all over way too fast but what a buzz it was and still is.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Thank you very much for sending me your photos to post here, Beast! It must have been a great evening for everybody who were there. smiling smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2016 03:04

On the contrary - thank *you* for posting them! Something I still haven't managed to master....

It was indeed a great evening! Looking forward to the exhibition tomorrow. It got quite an enthusiastic thumbs up from two different people I know who've already seen it.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 5, 2016 04:42

Thanks posters. I enjoyed this..

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: April 5, 2016 06:03

Beast

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Must have been great fun. Trying so hard to get to London this summer - and get to see you and Paulywaul!!

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 5, 2016 09:02

Thank you for posting. Really enjoyed it, the boys look well and healthysmileys with beer

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 5, 2016 09:28

Congratulations TooTough! What a thrill

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 5, 2016 09:39

Charlie's favourite item is the Rolling Stones first contract lent from my collection... I am even walking by as he talks about it

#proudmoment

Band Interviews on the Pink Carpet

Date: April 5, 2016 09:42

.......and great news about the new album of Blues covers......well, alright!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 5, 2016 10:15

mattleeuk
Congratulations TooTough! What a thrill

Thanks, Matt.

Must be a thrill either to see your treasures
displayed for the Stones! Cool jacket you
wore yesterday btw. ;-)

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2016 10:15

I was intending to go in June, but tempted to go earlier now.

Looks like stones heaven.

Date: April 5, 2016 10:16

Ronnie on radio 2 now.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 5, 2016 10:24

Thanks a lot to all for your pictures and reports.

TooTough,I´m glad for you.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 5, 2016 10:30

Any pics of the 5 of them inside? Looks like all Stones past and present had a blast last night.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 5, 2016 10:41

mattleeuk
I am even walking by as he talks about it

Cool

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 5, 2016 11:00

I see on one of the Getty "after party" photos Mick standing with Linda Lawrence - who I assume is the same person and Brian's girlfriend. (and later Donovan's)

So they did invite people from way back.

Makes the MT noise even stranger...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 5, 2016 11:10

thecitadel
I see on one of the Getty "after party" photos Mick standing with Linda Lawrence - who I assume is the same person and Brian's girlfriend. (and later Donovan's)

So they did invite people from way back.

Makes the MT noise even stranger...

Donovan was there, as well as Kenny Jones, Glen Matlock, Jeff Beck and Bob Geldof, from what I've seen on the Getty photos.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 5, 2016 11:12

Geeeee that Josh McLennan with Georgia May looks a
lil' like her brother Gabriel ............

[www.gettyimages.com.au]

ROCKMAN

Date: April 5, 2016 11:12

Beast

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Absolutely right, way cool for TooTough to have all 4 signatures on his Still Life album. There was a relaxed atmosphere with a manageable number of people for the band to give autographs and have photos taken. What a buzz!

Date: April 5, 2016 11:43

It looks like you can only buy stuff at the exhibition.

But seeing some of the prices, £400- odd for a pringle jumper looks like people will have to dig deep for items.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2016 12:02

Sure they spent a lot of time signing for fans. Keith was so busy signing and greeting fans that he came late for most of the arranged photo spot. He was too busy with the fans, and he was the last one to leave us for the VIP part inside. The picture below is a great example of how it was yesterday. Keith just around the corner next to the photographers, incoming for the photo shoot!

Bjornulf

Date: April 5, 2016 12:06

mattleeuk
Charlie's favourite item is the Rolling Stones first contract lent from my collection... I am even walking by as he talks about it

#proudmoment

Band Interviews on the Pink Carpet

I love having faces for names... which one is Matt lee?

Posted by: Ronnierocks ()
Date: April 5, 2016 12:13

My version of events from www.raysgigs.com

Monday 04 April 2016...7.15pm to 11.30pm...
The Rolling Stones EXHIBITIONISM - private view - at The Saatchi Gallery,Kings Road, Chelsea,London.
Around 500 guests at this hot ticket invite only event.
I have been to many events at The Saatchi Gallery but even by their standards this is a major event.
Ever since i saw four of their shows at Earls Court in 1976 and at Knebworth the same year The Stones
have always been a big deal whatever they have done.
I arrive at the venue at 6.40pm and a couple of hundred fans are outside the venue lining the barriers.
Doors open at 7pm and an early arrival is legendary New York photographer Bob Gruen.
The security then hold invitees back as The Stones are due to arrive for the photographers.
All of The Rolling Stones turn up by car at 7.10pm and spend five mins signing stuff and posing for photographers.
This was carefully staged as they were at the venue already in the afternoon giving interviews for
the various tv stations to get the 6pm news.
We then all go in and most have a laminate that is checked and scanned at the main entrance then
a visual check is done on laminates at the entrance to the building itself.
The laminate said 'Please bring photo ID with you' but this was not asked for on the door.
I saw Mick and Charlie in the exhibition but not Keith or Ronnie but so many different rooms
it was quite easy to miss people and some I saw just the once through the evening.
Each member of The Stones had their own security guy to stop any unwanted attention.
Guests included Glen Matlock,Donovan(I took a couple of photos of Glen with Donovan as Glen is a big fan).
I had a lovely chat with Donovan about the Reading Town Hall gig I saw him at last year.
I had a nice chat with film & video director Julien Temple (The Rolling Stones,The Sex Pistols and many others),
He said he is currently working on a Keith Richards documentary.
Jeff Beck,Bill Wyman and family,Sir Bob Geldof,Bobby Gillespie,Pam Hogg,Tommy Hilfiger,
Spice Girl Geri Halliwell is here with her hubby Christian Horner (Red Bull Formula One Boss),
Kenney Jones,James Bay,Georgia May Jagger,Fearne Cotton with Jesse Wood,Sally Wood,
Triny Woodall,Chris O'Donnell(Thin Lizzy manager in the 1970s).
The exhibition itself was fantastic and I will go back to see it a second and third time for sure.
We see the mock up of their very untidy Edith Grove flat with piles of unwashed plates along
with empty milk and beer bottles and the old style gas meter.
There is a mock recording studio where you can mix your fave Stones tracks as you like to hear them.
A stunning collection of their guitars and basses.
A stunning collection of their stage wear over the years.
Different setlists and other interesting paperwork.
There are some fantastic replica models of their stadium tours over the years.
We saw the band performing on the big screen with 3D glasses.
At the end of the tour is the massive Rolling Stones gift shop stocking some expensive rock memorabilia.
An Exile on Main Street tuxedo by Turnbull & Asser is on sale for £1500 while a
Ligne 2 cigarette lighter will set customers back £1250.
All the band and most of the celebs have departed by 10pm but Scottish chums Bobby Gillespie and
fashion designer Pam Hogg (Pam also designed this years BRIT Award trophy) are still here at the end.
A female dj was playing tracks all night in the bar areas.
Lots of complimentary drinks and food for all.
Drinks were Nyetimber English Sparkling Wines while walking around the exhibition then on the top floor
were the bar areas with a full bar including whiskey,vodka,gin,wines,beers etc and my fave which was a
doughnut dipped in a flat white martini.
Food was bowl food,burgers,canapés and desserts.
At the end guests could take a copy of Arts & Music magazine which has the whole edition on the exhibition
with photos,interviews and reproduction of iconic Stones tour posters.
Needless to say it was a great event.
After the event Mick Jagger had a private party for Stones band members and The Stones inner sanctum
back at his Cheyne Walk,Chelsea home.

Date: April 5, 2016 12:20

Thanks for an informative post Ronnie.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 5, 2016 12:21

I had a nice chat with film & video director Julien Temple (The Rolling Stones,The Sex Pistols and many others),
He said he is currently working on a Keith Richards documentary.

Very Very interesting ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: April 5, 2016 12:44

In the VIP queue, just waiting for it to open.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 5, 2016 12:58

Thank you all again for the thrilling reports & photos
I'm glowing like a fool just sitting here at my computer :E :E :E

I love the Rolling Stones

Date: April 5, 2016 13:03

stoneman333
In the VIP queue, just waiting for it to open.

Is there many there?

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: April 5, 2016 13:05

bv
Sure they spent a lot of time signing for fans. Keith was so busy signing and greeting fans that he came late for most of the arranged photo spot. He was too busy with the fans, and he was the last one to leave us for the VIP part inside. The picture below is a great example of how it was yesterday. Keith just around the corner next to the photographers, incoming for the photo shoot!

Who's the fourth guy, behind Charlie? Is it Bill?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home