Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 77
Re: EXHIBITIONISM - who´s going?
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 16:36

I'm taking bets as to how airbrushed Bill will be from the exhibit smoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 23, 2016 19:56

Roadster32
April 5th.

Lets hook up Hermann ... OK ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 21:09

paulywaul
Roadster32
April 5th.

Lets hook up Hermann ... OK ?

Hi Paul, will send you an email!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:39

straycatuk
Flairville and I will be there on evening of the 4th and 10am 5th April for opening.

smileys with beer

sc uk

See you there, guys >grinning smiley<

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 24, 2016 01:01

straycatuk
Flairville and I will be there on evening of the 4th and 10am 5th April for opening.

smileys with beer

sc uk

Me too! drinking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 24, 2016 14:57

Just heard from Flairville that our 10am opening slot has been pushed back to 11. As we have trains to catch, this had better not be some Private VIP thing. We've had these tickets for months.

What am I thinking ?.....The Stones would never treat loyal fans with such contempt eye popping smiley

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 14:58 by straycatuk.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2016 15:02

Hey what's an hour when ya gonna be havin' fun ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:11

straycatuk
Just heard from Flairville that our 10am opening slot has been pushed back to 11. As we have trains to catch, this had better not be some Private VIP thing. We've had these tickets for months.

What am I thinking ?.....The Stones would never treat loyal fans with such contempt eye popping smiley

sc uk

Are they pushing all the slots back? I think I have the 11 AM one... I'm catching a train somewhere in the afternoon so I really hope not

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-24 16:12 by alieb.

Date: March 24, 2016 16:12

alieb
straycatuk

sc uk

Are they pushing all the slots back? I think I have the 11 AM one... I'm catching a train somewhere in the afternoon so I really hope not

I've got a 11am slot and haven't heard anything to say its' been pushed back so I think not. I'm in a similar situation to you in that I have a train to catch by mid afternoon...

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 24, 2016 19:12

I've not heard anything about other slots. I expect a lot more people at 11 though.

Maybe they are pushing the VIP tickets through at 10 and the "scum" will have to wait?

They shouldn't have offered a 10 am slot for normal tickets if they couldn't deliver. I'm not surprised though.

sc uk

Date: March 24, 2016 19:23

straycatuk
I've not heard anything about other slots. I expect a lot more people at 11 though.

Maybe they are pushing the VIP tickets through at 10 and the "scum" will have to wait?

They shouldn't have offered a 10 am slot for normal tickets if they couldn't deliver. I'm not surprised though.

sc uk

Quite, you would think DHL would know how to deliver......

Date: March 26, 2016 19:25

Exhibitionism is next in the schedule. thumbs up

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: March 26, 2016 20:25

Hoping to go to the red carpet and maybe meet Keith after being a big fan for 34 years now

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 26, 2016 23:53

Stones have put up a little scripted thank you/ next up video. Can't post the link as I'm on my phone.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 27, 2016 06:15

[youtu.be]

Here it is.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: March 29, 2016 14:45

There already was a launch party on July 2nd, 2015...
(according to getty images):

[www.gettyimages.de]

Re: The Rolling Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 29, 2016 16:16

I have tried to merge the most important Exhibitionism threads into this one, otherwise there will be overlapping discussions and information spread out several different places.

Exhibitionism will go on to different cities, after the London April/September time frame, moving to New York in Sept as far as I understand, so I think it is wise to keep the same thread for Exhibitionism as a whole, rather than having separate London, NYC etc Exhibitionism discussions.

Bjornulf

Date: March 29, 2016 16:43

This week in Time Out London, there is an interview with Mick and Keith about the upcoming exhibition. Here is a link to the interview - [www.timeout.com]

EXHIBITIONISM - who´s going?
Date: March 29, 2016 18:02

bv
I will be there. When it opens. London is a great place to be, especially April 2016.
My wife & me too thumbs up!!! London is really a great place to be - we combine the event with a short holiday-trip... I'm sure we'll have great days!!!

Cheers,
Daniel

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 29, 2016 18:26

If anyone is interested when they visit London for Exhibitionism, a friend of mine just told me about this ...

[londonrockwalks.com] or [www.60sbus.london]

I haven't been on it, but he said it was cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-29 18:45 by ChrisL.

Date: March 29, 2016 20:55

Jagger interview at the start about Exhibitionism. Mick guarded as always, but Danielle Perry is one foxy DJ smileys with beer

[www.qthemusic.com]

Re: Rolling Stones Exhibitionism. Coming to London in April 2016.
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: March 29, 2016 21:11

24FPS
No mention of Bill, huh? He's the real archive Stone, right? Maybe they'll piss him off and he'll assemble a competing exhibit. "Here's one of Keith's old spoons...."

As Wyman himself conceded, at 21:27 on 24 March 2002: 'I'm a silly sod keeping all this stuff.'

And I doubt there'd be much interest in Richards' cornflake-eating apparatus.

Olly.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 30, 2016 01:15

There was indeed already a party TooTough

Date: March 30, 2016 01:26

mattleeuk
There was indeed already a party TooTough

Mattleeuk, do you know if Wyman is closely involved with Exhibitionism or is he out of favour currently?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 30, 2016 02:22

Rollin92, I believe he is lending some stuff but I get the impression not that much. He clearly has some amazing stuff but when questioned carefully not as much as he is often thought to have, IMHO. I asked him about his 60's poster for instance and he just talked about having mini ones (he means handbills / flyers).

Many of the poster looking things in his book are actually newspaper ads (almost worthless) and the earliest real poster featured he "borrowed" from me off the web (without permission). Also several of the handwritten letters in the book are "borrowed" from me. If he had such great stuff then why do that. I have heard good reports but never seen if for myself so I don't really know.

My Exhibitionism item count depends on if you count every individual thing or you count sets as one thing. Counting as sets I'm a shade over 50 but as individual items nearly 90. Not seen the tags but they should credit me (I just hope there aren't mistakes on my stuff!).

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 30, 2016 02:40

ChrisL
If anyone is interested when they visit London for Exhibitionism, a friend of mine just told me about this ...

[londonrockwalks.com] or [www.60sbus.london]

I haven't been on it, but he said it was cool.

The Londonrockwalks are led by Richard Porter.

I've met him a few times and can recommend his tours. Everyone I know who has gone on one of his walks says how good it was. (He's got a strong personality, but I guess he needs to be like that to do the tours!!!)

His (first) wife was on the Stones Undercover mailing list for some years and came to a lunch at Sticky Fingers. I met her & Richard at the Stones Shepherds' Bush show and we stood together near the back (not wanting to get crushed at the front).

She sadly passed away a few years later. Lovely lady. :-)

Anyway.... go for his London Walk.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 30, 2016 02:45

mattleeuk
Rollin92, I believe he is lending some stuff but I get the impression not that much. He clearly has some amazing stuff but when questioned carefully not as much as he is often thought to have, IMHO. I asked him about his 60's poster for instance and he just talked about having mini ones (he means handbills / flyers).

Bill is definitely involved lending stuff.

His collection is not the same as the sort of stuff Matt goes for. He has masses of old documents, documentation, letters, etc etc. The sort of printed ephemera that Matt loves is hard for someone in Bill's position to get his hands on.

A great example would be a flyer I collected for him outside a show in Munich in 1990 that was all about the Stones being the agents of Satan on earth (yes, really). Now that sort of thing is only around outside shows just before they go on stage - how on earth could he have a large collection of things like that?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 30, 2016 02:51

CaptainCorella
mattleeuk

Bill is definitely involved lending stuff.

His collection is not the same as the sort of stuff Matt goes for. He has masses of old documents, documentation, letters, etc etc. The sort of printed ephemera that Matt loves is hard for someone in Bill's position to get his hands on.

A great example would be a flyer I collected for him outside a show in Munich in 1990 that was all about the Stones being the agents of Satan on earth (yes, really). Now that sort of thing is only around outside shows just before they go on stage - how on earth could he have a large collection of things like that?

Never thought about it like that before but it makes sense. I'm glad he has some input, as it means he won't be airbrushed totally. You contributed to a Stones' archive, not many can say that on here spinning smiley sticking its tongue out do you know him?

Thanks Mattlee for your response as well thumbs up

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: March 31, 2016 22:50

Maybe this has already come up but I'm surprised if someone has not already fantasized that the boys might actually do a surprise gig in London to help promote the show. After all, they are in mid-tour form and it shouldn't be that hard.

Pure speculation on my part. No inside knowledge whatsoever. Maybe there is some logistical issue or prior commitment with one of them that would prevent it

HBK

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 1, 2016 06:22

New 'Keith' interview, he is always a pleasure, current news/ London:
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home