Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 77
Re: Mick talks "Exhibitionism" - Event Magazine, December 6
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: December 12, 2015 02:05

I completely forgot to send something with DHL so i guess I can't enter the competition! Sad sad sad. Oh well, I'll still be there....maybe I'll see some of you!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 12, 2015 18:07

mickschix
Thanks for posting that this Exhibition will travel to other major cities! I would rather catch it closer to home....well, actually I would RATHER see it in London but that may be out of the question next year. NYC would be very nice! I thought it was interesting that Mick mentioned capturing the smells that evoke certain memories , like the curry and fish & chips smells from the 70's recording sessions...and the whiskey and Keith's socks from the very early days...probably Edith Grove roomie years!! Should be interesting to see exactly how many smells they incorporate into this Exhibition!! ( and which rooms go with which scents!).

I'm with Mick on that one - I've always had a hyper sensitive nose that has a long memory. It's a cool concept to include scent memories in the exhibit.

Hope to see you in NYC, mickshix!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 14, 2015 00:56

latebloomer
mickschix
Thanks for posting that this Exhibition will travel to other major cities! I would rather catch it closer to home....well, actually I would RATHER see it in London but that may be out of the question next year. NYC would be very nice! I thought it was interesting that Mick mentioned capturing the smells that evoke certain memories , like the curry and fish & chips smells from the 70's recording sessions...and the whiskey and Keith's socks from the very early days...probably Edith Grove roomie years!! Should be interesting to see exactly how many smells they incorporate into this Exhibition!! ( and which rooms go with which scents!).

I'm with Mick on that one - I've always had a hyper sensitive nose that has a long memory. It's a cool concept to include scent memories in the exhibit.

Do you think they are seriously going to incorporate smells like Keith's sock's into this exhibit? No doubt the smell/memory connection is strong in our brains but since it is really The Stones memories they are referencing here it might be a bit lost on the public. Not sure I want to develop new memories of Keith's socks associated with the Stones. tongue sticking out smiley

Besides that though it certainly is an interesting and creative idea. The smell of recording studios filled with vintage gear has always been a great memory association for me, the smell of great tones. Some of the musicians here will probably relate.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 14, 2015 01:18

Whem we know the eleven cities all over the world touched by the exhibition?!

Date: December 14, 2015 02:53

Naturalust
latebloomer
mickschix

Do you think they are seriously going to incorporate smells like Keith's sock's into this exhibit? No doubt the smell/memory connection is strong in our brains but since it is really The Stones memories they are referencing here it might be a bit lost on the public. Not sure I want to develop new memories of Keith's socks associated with the Stones. tongue sticking out smiley

Besides that though it certainly is an interesting and creative idea. The smell of recording studios filled with vintage gear has always been a great memory association for me, the smell of great tones. Some of the musicians here will probably relate.

Well my dog would love those old socks...but I think the idea is probably not much beyond Mick talking about curry memories. Just thought it was a cool concept, but I'm not holding my breath, er..nose, for it to happen. cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 14, 2015 04:11

Won't be legit without the smell of reefer next to Keith's guitars.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 14, 2015 04:32

Bill Wyman radio interview from mid Eighties.

DJ:
And Bill what is your most treasured piece of Rolling Stones memorabilia?

BW:
" Well....I 'ave a pair of Keef's dirty white sox from 1963...and I keep 'em in ah seperate box on dare own."

ROCKMAN

Date: December 14, 2015 04:55

It was Mick's smelly socks that got a mention in Stanley Booth's book, as I recall. Something about how awful they smelled after all the dancing and sweating on stage. I can only imagine....eye popping smiley

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 15, 2015 01:20

I would love to know what Mick wears for cologne...never smelled any cologne on him myself but if he does wear it, it must be very expensive. He uses caviar face cream at $300 per ounce!
Latebloomer, I do hope to see you in NYC at this exhibit! And I'm sure Mick was teasing about using the smell of socks in the exhibit! Not kidding about incorporating the curry scent though..and I would also love to smell what the studio smelled like...a combination of reefer, Jack Daniels, acetate, hot wires, and incense. Just my guess.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 15, 2015 02:11

so ...some people thought he was really gonna use a scent of old socks and it's lost on others why he isnt worried about the guitars...same old iorr.

the answers are-1. he was joking and 2. he knows a guy who just might have the guitar thing covered.

have a nice holiday everyone, see ya when the tour starts.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 15, 2015 03:31

I'm curious about the smells too. Hairball, you got that one right, don't know if they'll have a simulation of it in one of the rooms. When I smelled the fragrance of his late g/f, I thought it was something Mick could wear.

The pre-show (rush) room should be fun.

I would go to NYC to see it, I think.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-15 03:48 by angee.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 15, 2015 03:58

mickschix
Latebloomer, I do hope to see you in NYC at this exhibit! And I'm sure Mick was teasing about using the smell of socks in the exhibit! Not kidding about incorporating the curry scent though..and I would also love to smell what the studio smelled like...a combination of reefer, Jack Daniels, acetate, hot wires, and incense. Just my guess.

Probably a pretty good guess mickschix although people like the Stones are some of the few that can get away with smoking of any kind in the studio proper these days. There are lounge rooms in the major studios where it is allowed but smoke tends to have a negative effect on recording gear and future artists who don't smoke don't like to book rooms which smell like smoke. Love the "hot wires" description but with the Stones it's more like "hot tubes".

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: December 15, 2015 17:34

to me the socks discussions part should be it's own thread.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 15, 2015 19:39

lem motlow
so ...some people thought he was really gonna use a scent of old socks and it's lost on others why he isnt worried about the guitars...same old iorr.

the answers are-1. he was joking and 2. he knows a guy who just might have the guitar thing covered.

have a nice holiday everyone, see ya when the tour starts.

precisely!

Posted by: FB ()
Date: December 16, 2015 09:05

Anybody knows if the boys will attend the opening day exhibition day in London, april? smiling smiley

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: December 16, 2015 10:26

FB
Anybody knows if the boys will attend the opening day exhibition day in London, april? smiling smiley

The recent Sun article said they would attend the opening gala, which is the night before it publicly opens not on the day sadly.

Posted by: FB ()
Date: December 16, 2015 23:30

Thanks for update!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 17, 2015 18:41

great interview , very interspective .

EXHIBITIONISM - who´s going?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 12, 2016 01:31

Who´s going to London for the exhibition?
When? Just curious.

Re: EXHIBITIONISM - who´s going?
Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 12, 2016 01:44

Going on April 11th, 10.00 slot to stay as long as I want. I remember they said the Bowie IS exhibition would take 90 minutes and I took five hours.

Date: March 12, 2016 01:48

11am on 5th April. But will be going up the night before to hopefully catch the Stones arrive at the red carpet gala.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 12, 2016 01:50

Rollin92
red carpet gala.

Do you know when it starts (roughly)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-12 01:51 by TooTough.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: March 12, 2016 01:57

Rollin92
11am on 5th April. But will be going up the night before to hopefully catch the Stones arrive at the red carpet gala.

Same and same! I would guess that the red carpet starts around 7, but i plan to be in the area earlier than that to assess the situation.

Date: March 12, 2016 04:13

Tempted to take it in...if only the Stones would add a date there to seal the deal.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 12, 2016 10:07

April 5th.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 12, 2016 10:08

Rollin92

? Any news on what's going to happen?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 12, 2016 10:33

Roadster32
April 5th.

Date of the start of the new tax year (in the UK)

Date: March 12, 2016 10:55

All I know is that on the 4th April there is a red carpet gala as the Stones open Exhibitionism. I remember it from that DHL competition in December. But I'm not 100% sure if the public will be allowed near it but I'll take the risk.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 12, 2016 12:33

April 10th.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 12, 2016 13:12

Around June for my wedding anniversary.drinking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home