Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 77
Re: Rolling Stones Exhibitionism. Coming to London in April 2016.
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 30, 2015 20:57

I hope DHL doesn't lose any of the priceless artifacts in freight.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 30, 2015 21:00

They must be starting to despatch tickets, mine turned up today .........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: December 1, 2015 00:04

got mine in an email a few weeks ago. So excited!

Can't think of anything I could send to enter the Gala competition, but I will happily stand outside the gallery that evening in the hopes of seeing them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-01 00:09 by alieb.

Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: aralla ()
Date: January 5, 2016 20:52

Really an unexpected turn of events!

A friend bought VIP tickets for the Exhibitionism on dec 13th and never received them. Received a mail with the confirmation and nothing else.

He wrote to the email address that appears on the website and never replied.

Did anyone get the same?
Anyone could help me?

Really worried about that.
Thanks in advance.
Alejandro

Re: Stones Exhibitionism
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 5, 2016 21:23

Hola Alejandro,

Just for comparison, I got an email on Nov. 11 with my print-at-home tickets. That was many months after I purchased them.

I think I bought them the day they went on sale.

So I would guess it is not strange to take a while.

I live in London, so if I can help with anything just let me know.

See you next month in Montevideo!

Chris

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 6, 2016 00:08

I bought tickets early on, and got an email in November saying that the print at home tickets were on their way. I finally found them a month later in my Spam folder. Have you checked that?

Date: January 6, 2016 00:11

Thank you very much ChriL! I'll be waiting for a while then.
Stay in touch writing on the link of Montevideo's show.
Nowadays is very hot, more than 30 celsius degrees top, 22 minimal. I believe february will be 28 max.
See you here very soon!
Alejandro

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 6, 2016 00:48

I bought VIP tickets whenever it was that they went on sale and the gaudy laminates with the equally gaudy lanyards arrived several weeks ago. But maybe they will take longer to arrive at non-UK addresses.

Date: January 6, 2016 01:25

Thanks Green Lady, I'll check it out.
Thanks Beast, I'll have to be patience.

Best regards
Alejandro

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: January 6, 2016 02:50

I got my vip tickets just in time for xmas what nice surprise. goona rock and have lot of fun.

Date: January 6, 2016 14:19

What was the difference between VIP and regular tickets again? lol

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 26, 2016 14:06

"The Rolling Stones’ Guide To London is now live!

This map features hotspots across the city, and parts of the UK that have played a key role in the Rolling Stones’ history. The Stones have stamped their tongue logo on every last corner of London! Click on each tongue to find out more...

What other pins should be added next? Let us know what parts of London and the UK are meaningful to you."

[www.stonesexhibitionism.com]

Date: January 26, 2016 14:19

Cristiano Radtke

This map features hotspots across the city, and parts of the UK that have played a key role in the Rolling Stones’ history. The Stones have stamped their tongue logo on every last corner of London! Click on each tongue to find out more...

What other pins should be added next? Let us know what parts of London and the UK are meaningful to you."

Cool! thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 26, 2016 15:41

All the tongues on the map are within 50 miles of where I live.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 26, 2016 16:10

Maybe they Will do a Show in London this summer????
Hoping and praying.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-26 16:23 by corriecas.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 26, 2016 16:12

Cristiano Radtke

I guess I can understand why, but unless Ive missed:
Band members current London addresses
Brian's various London pads (1965-68)
Current office (Lots Rd) and the one before (Wandsworth)

Unfortunately the system occasionally takes you off the page, so you then have to go back in, not sure why.
Still, excellent stuff.
Will have another look later.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 26, 2016 18:15

Cristiano Radtke

"What other pins should be added next? Let us know what parts of London and the UK are meaningful to you."

I clearly miss Charlie's birth place and his childhood home, both in London.

Further locations to add would be:

- The London School of Economics - Mick is still listed in the LSE history timeline: "1961 Mick Jagger studies at LSE",

- The Sidcup Art College - Keith as well as Dick Taylor were students there,

- The Victoria & Albert Museum - now the home of the Tongue&Lips logo original artwork, designed in 1970 in London by John Pasche,

- The Somerset House - exhibition and celebration of the 2012 Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary.

Stones-related locations thread: [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-26 22:15 by Irix.

Date: January 26, 2016 19:03

aralla

Best regards
Alejandro

Well, VIP tickets in friend's hand! Arrived around the middle of January.
One for me of course!

ALIEB, difference beetween VIP and regular tickets: just know that VIP tickets has a sourvenir and special access for two days.

See you in June.

Date: January 26, 2016 19:30

aralla
aralla

Best regards
Alejandro

Well, VIP tickets in friend's hand! Arrived around the middle of January.
One for me of course!

ALIEB, difference beetween VIP and regular tickets: just know that VIP tickets has a sourvenir and special access for two days.

See you in June.

Thanks haha as irony would have it I finally got around to double checking the website today.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 26, 2016 21:28

They've marked the Crawdaddy and the Wick and even Twickenham Stadium, but not Eel Pie Island???

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 26, 2016 22:02

Irix
Cristiano Radtke

"What other pins should be added next? Let us know what parts of London and the UK are meaningful to you."

I clearly miss Charlie's birth place and his childhood home, both in London.

Further locations to add would be:

- The London School of Economics - Mick is still listed in the LSE history timeline: "1961 Mick Jagger studies at LSE",

- The Sidcup Art College - Keith as well as Dick Taylor were students there,

- The Victoria & Albert Museum - now the home of the Tongue&Lips logo original artwork, designed in 1970 in London by John Pasche,

- The Somerset House - exhibition and celebration of the 2012 Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary.

Stones-related locations thread: [www.iorr.org] .

Let's not forget Penge as well!!!

Date: January 26, 2016 22:15

Rollin92

Let's not forget Penge as well!!!

Must be this one:

180-182 High St between Clevedon Rd / Kenilworth Rd, Penge, London SE20 7QB

First homes of the Stones: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Penge: [en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-26 23:15 by Irix.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: January 27, 2016 02:36

TooTough
It´s just Matt Lee´s flat smiling bouncing smiley

ROFL

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 27, 2016 07:45

Cristiano Radtke

The Weatherbury Arms entry says of Mr Wyman " Seven years older than Mick and Keith, he already had a wife and daughter back in Penge, Kent. Soon after, Charlie Watts, still living at his parental home in Wembley, was poached from Blues Incorporated."

Last time I met Bill's first child HE was not a She!

If this is the standard (sic) of accuracy we can expect from the exhibition curators, then heaven help us!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 27, 2016 08:26

Is this 100% correct...About Wembley Stadium

You could almost argue that this hallowed sporting arena, where England won the football World Cup in 1966, was the Stones’ most regular London stamping ground from the 1980s onwards. They first played there across two nights in June ’82 on the ‘Tattoo You’ tour. Amongst the crowd for the opening night: John McEnroe, Michael Caine, Ringo Starr, Britt Ekland, Billy Connolly, Rowan Atkinson, and all the Stones’ families. They went on to play five nights on the ‘Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle’ tour in July/August ’90, three nights on the ‘Voodoo Lounge’ tour in July ’95 (one was cancelled due to Keith cutting a finger, another attended by Salman Rushdie, defying the paranoia of his fatwa), and three nights on the ‘Bridges To Babylon’ tour in July ’99.

In particular, wasn't the postponement (not cancellation) due to a septic cut finger at the end of the 1990 dates and not Voodoo Lounge dates?

Or am I mixing this up with Keith falling off a ladder, or perhaps the dates that were postponed for Tax Evasion reasons?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 27, 2016 10:05

CaptainCorella

If this is the standard (sic) of accuracy we can expect from the exhibition curators, then heaven help us!

thumbs up

Date: January 27, 2016 10:05

CaptainCorella

In particular, wasn't the postponement (not cancellation) due to a septic cut finger at the end of the 1990 dates and not Voodoo Lounge dates?

Or am I mixing this up with Keith falling off a ladder, or perhaps the dates that were postponed for Tax Evasion reasons?

The postponement due to a septic cut finger was in July 1990: [ultimateclassicrock.com] , [www.apnewsarchive.com] and further sources.

Keith's "fallen from a ladder in the library" at his home in Connecticut was in May 1998, therefore the start of the european B2B-Tour leg had to be postponed (original dates: Berlin - May 22, Munich - May 24, Gelsenkirchen - May 26, Zagreb - May 28, Milano - May 30, Barcelona - June 1, Lyon - June 5, Mannheim - June 8). Tour start was then on June 13, 1998 in Nuremberg, Zeppelinfeld: [www.nme.com] , [www.iorr.org] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-27 13:25 by Irix.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 27, 2016 11:36

Green Lady
They've marked the Crawdaddy and the Wick and even Twickenham Stadium, but not Eel Pie Island???

Richmond Athletic Club as well. I think the building is still there. I may be wrong.

Date: January 27, 2016 11:44

Irix
CaptainCorella

The postponement due to a septic cut finger was in July 1990: [ultimateclassicrock.com] , [www.apnewsarchive.com] and further sources.

Keith's "fallen from a ladder in the library" at his home in Connecticut was in April 1998, therefore the start of the european B2B-Tour leg had to be postponed (originally Berlin Olympic Stadium: May 22, Munich Olympic Stadium: May 24, Gelsenkirchen Park Stadium: May 26 and Zagreb Hippodrome: May 28). Tour start was then on June 13, 1998 in Nuremberg, Zeppelinfeld: [www.nme.com] , [www.iorr.org] .

Thanks. What I thought.

Fancy missing off Charlie's birthplace as well! (Savile Theatre missing as well). If you go out far enough you get Keith & Mick's birthplace, but not Brian's, Stu's or Bill's.

If the rest of the exhibition is as badly researched/proofed as this, then they'll be the laughing stock of the World when it opens.

(More errors. In the Station Hotel entry Georgio Gomelsky's name is spelt differently in two places. (I'm not claiming mine's right as I'm so annoyed about it!)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 27, 2016 12:27

Cristiano Radtke

I've worked out that this text is actually from the Stones' Facebook page.

Not being a cult member, perhaps someone else could kindly point out the errors by posting them to Facebook?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1207
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home