Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 77
Re: Exhibitionism Questions
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 2, 2015 19:29

Harlem Shuffler
Please, no unfunny responses.

The exhibition allows people in every half hour. Does that mean you'll get herded in and herded out thirty minutes later?

Looking at the website, no viewing appears to be shown as unavailable. Is this the case or do you have to plough through it when buying a ticket online only to be told to try for another date?

I suppose you can visit the gallery in person and buy tickets that way. Is that correct?

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post above.
Any answers to the second and third questions would also be appreciated. I'm not exactly a natural when it comes to technology and I don't live in London although it's not too far away to visit.

Re: Rolling Stones Exhibitionism. Coming to London in April 2016.
Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: August 6, 2015 21:28

I am proud to be part of this audio contribution that The Rolling Stones and the people that were there participated in. Some great background...
Exhibitionism with The Rolling Stones and others-Listen to audio and scroll down for YouTube..

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 6, 2015 22:12

bmuseed
I am proud to be part of this audio contribution that The Rolling Stones and the people that were there participated in. Some great background...
Exhibitionism with The Rolling Stones and others-Listen to audio and scroll down for YouTube..

Thanks for that and congrats. We have been wondering about the status of your book, any update you can share with us?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 6, 2015 22:25

Harlem Shuffler - if you try and buy tickets online (e.g., via Ticketmaster), you pick your preferred date and it will then show you the available times for that day.

As to turning up on spec, I would imagine that availability might depend on how many tickets have already been sold for any particular day and time, but it could also be that a limited number of tickets are kept aside for purchase on the day. Maybe you can call or e-mail the organizers to find out how it's going to work.

Date: August 6, 2015 22:26

At the rate they keep tweeting photos etc. of what's going to be on display, we'll have seen the whole damn thing already before it even opens!

Date: August 6, 2015 22:41

Oh - and their website was so screwed up when tickets went on sale that the only region offered in the drop-down menu when filling in a UK address was Essex, which anyone buying tickets was therefore forced to choose in order to complete the purchase. Or at least supposedly complete it because, despite receiving a confirmation of purchase at the time, today I got an e-mail telling me that the charge on my card did not go through - and I'll bet my last penny that it's because they were using Essex (where I don't live) in my billing address. GRRR...

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: August 6, 2015 22:52

I got the same email Sara! Madness.
Are you going to the Faces reunion?

Date: August 6, 2015 22:59

Madness indeed! I sent them a shitogram, to which no reply as yet...

I'm kind of tempted by the reunion but so far my annoyance at Rod not doing this while Mac was still around is winning out. So we'll see. You?

Date: August 6, 2015 23:17

Yes I booked today. Would be good to see you there!

Date: August 6, 2015 23:25

Likewise! So I'll keep you posted if my resolve wavers...

Is straycat going as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-06 23:29 by Beast.

Date: August 6, 2015 23:52

It's just me and Dean at the moment. Dave's struggling to get the time off work. Fingers crossed for him though.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 7, 2015 06:18

I got the same e-mail! I got charged on my credit card though, so I sent them a screenshot of the charge. did anyone else also get charged on their credit card?

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: August 7, 2015 12:02

Hi all
I too received the same email today and I too had to enter "Essex" to complete the order (I'm in the UK).
But I've checked all my card accounts and they have not taken any money out yet. They are going to represent for payment on the 11th next week and if they still cannot take the payment they say they will contact me again.
However I am concerned that I have no email or phone number to make contact with them.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A CONTACT PHONE / EMAIL FOR THIS BOOKING COMPANY ?

Date: August 7, 2015 12:28

Yep, same thing happened to me Kingbeebuzz, received the email and no money taken from the account. There is an email address included in their email but i am going to wait until the 11th to see if the payment goes through correctly then before having a go at them. What sort of clowns do they have running this company?!

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: August 7, 2015 13:58

Probably the same clowns who run Bravado

Posted by: ulf-axel ()
Date: August 7, 2015 15:15

alieb
I got the same e-mail! I got charged on my credit card though, so I sent them a screenshot of the charge. did anyone else also get charged on their credit card?

same happened to me. got the email yesterday and got charged on my credit card too. wrote an email to cutomerservice@softix.com. still no answer.

Date: August 7, 2015 15:56

This outfit is a joke. The amount for my ticket purchase was in fact taken from my credit card on 22 July, so I've now written a second shitogram to customerservices@softix.com. And they'll be getting a third if they carry out their intention of taking the amount again on 11 August.

Date: August 7, 2015 16:48

This is so ridiculous, but it makes me feel a lot better to know that everyone living outside of Essex that bought during the pre-sale is probably in the same boat.

Date: August 8, 2015 00:14

I certainly hope I hear back from them before the 11th or I'm going to be pretty mad.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 8, 2015 19:07

MrThompsonWooft
I recently did the Elvis Exhibition at the O2. This was a timed ticket but once in there were no time restrictions imposed on you. You could stay as long as you liked. There was also a film element. This was shown at set times but you had freedom of choice as to what slot you went for.

Yeah, same thing for the Bowie exhibition.
Tate Modern uses this system for every exhibition. Enter around the time shown on the ticket...stay as long as you want.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 8, 2015 20:40

This is the excuse I need to get to London next year! I can't wait! So 60 pounds is about $120 American dollars...kind of pricey for an exhibit....but it sounds like it's massive! I'm IN!

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: August 8, 2015 21:38

mickschix
This is the excuse I need to get to London next year! I can't wait! So 60 pounds is about $120 American dollars...kind of pricey for an exhibit....but it sounds like it's massive! I'm IN!

Not quite... should be $90 - 95.

Olly.

Date: August 10, 2015 08:45

It looks like they've seen sense at last. A joke really in this day and age.

Dear BENJAMIN,

We recently emailed you regarding your Rolling Stones Exhibitionism purchase. We incorrectly informed you that your payment had failed.

We can confirm that your payment has been successfully processed and we will not be processing any further charges to your credit card.

Please accept our apologies for this error and any confusion it may have caused.

If you have any questions, please email us at customerservice@softix.com.

Kind regards,
Softix Customer Service

Date: August 10, 2015 09:27

I just received the same email, Ben. Hopefully all is well again.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: August 10, 2015 11:59

Yes, I just got the same email here UK.
Seems like it's sorted.

Date: August 11, 2015 05:46

yup, same. Thank gosh.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:39

Harlem Shuffler
Harlem Shuffler
Please, no unfunny responses.

The exhibition allows people in every half hour. Does that mean you'll get herded in and herded out thirty minutes later?

Looking at the website, no viewing appears to be shown as unavailable. Is this the case or do you have to plough through it when buying a ticket online only to be told to try for another date?

I suppose you can visit the gallery in person and buy tickets that way. Is that correct?

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post above.

Any answers to the second and third questions would also be appreciated. I'm not exactly a natural when it comes to technology and I don't live in London although it's not too far away to visit.

Yes you can get tickets from the gallery. I've answered my own question. I nipped into London today and had a bit of a wait while the staff sorted things out on that sodding website but all's well that ends well. I was a little surprised that the opening day hadn't sold out yet...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 15, 2015 22:42

flairville
Yes I booked today. Would be good to see you there!

I'll see ya there young Flairville !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 28, 2015 00:30

According to some recent Keith interviews (probably done a month or so ago) Keith is "coming to London ...to check progress...get a bit hands on etc".
May have already happened, of course, by now.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: November 30, 2015 20:38

Win VIP tickets to Exhibitionism - The Rolling Stones, delivered by DHL

Send a parcel with DHL using any of our three services and you could win VIP tickets to the Opening Night Gala of Exhibitionism at London’s Saatchi Gallery, including one night accommodation

As presenting and official logistics partner, DHL will be supporting the exhibition when it opens at the Saatchi Gallery in Spring 2016. This will include freight logistics for more than 500 original and irreplaceable artefacts. Amongst the valuable exhibits are The Rolling Stones’ iconic costumes, rare guitars and instruments, original album artwork, personal diaries and unseen film collected over the 50 year career of the world's most recognizable rock band.

Three years in the making, this is the first major exhibition of the Stones impact on fashion, music and culture. The Opening Night Gala on 4th April 2016 will attract international press coverage and a host of global stars – with our winner receiving two VIP tickets to the event.

All you need to do is follow these steps:

1. Send a parcel with DHL Service Point, DHLitNow or by phone between 1st November and 31st December 2015.
2. Note the 10-digit waybill number on your parcel documents as you will need it to enter the competition.
3. Enter your waybill number and your details below to be in with a chance of winning.

You can enter the competition once per transaction, so the more times you send, the greater your chance of winning.

So, send a parcel with DHL and enter our competition below.

The competition closes on 31st December 2015 and the winner will be selected and notified via telephone or email no later than date 15th January 2016.

[parcel.dhl.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home