Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 77
Re: Rolling Stones Exhibitionism. Coming to London in April 2016.
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 1, 2015 21:25

Naturalust

Lol. Can't imagine Bill isn't involved in some way. I sure hope so in any case.

Someone mentioned here that nearly all of the formerly band memorabilia in Bill's 'Sticky Fingers Cafe' has gone - maybe the exhibition was the reason .... [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: sealingwax ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:10

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:27

Surprised this or the other thread haven't been stickied, but I guess bv is busy doing stuff like going to shows. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-02 00:30 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:31

24FPS
No mention of Bill, huh? He's the real archive Stone, right? Maybe they'll piss him off and he'll assemble a competing exhibit. "Here's one of Keith's old spoons...."

Maybe he'll dip Mick in wax and stick him in a glass case... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 2, 2015 00:54

Our great funny Charlie................

As Naturalist mentioned...... yes Bill should have been there and then half of his body should "paint shopped" away...that would be funny grinning smiley

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: July 2, 2015 01:23

swiss
I'm excited about any exhibition of Stones "stuff."

But...is this for real?

Sorry if anyone here is working on the effort. But from what's apparent at this links and clicking around (or attempting to--it's quite klugy), doesn't the site and exhibition--in concept and preliminary interaction and visual design--seem, well...a little...trashy? as in track-suit-bum-crack-big-stomach-showing-wore-my-slippers-to-Walmart-hair-pulling-in-the-shampoo-aisle trashy? And also very 2006. Not to mention about a half micron deep.

If someone from Rolling Stones Corp would like a hand with this - toward creating a super compelling, immersive, interactive, multiplemedia transplatform experience that also has even a smidge of substance, dignity, and credibility, please contact me.

The Stones deserve better.

I'm surprised Charlotte Watts would have allowed things to get this far.

What's here is, in now way, reflective of men of wealth and taste winking smiley

Love that something is happening, but let's do much better. It could be great!

I know some relevant exhibition models that could be adapted and...Stones have all the money in the world to do something innovative and, yes, fun, but not vulgar and dumm--worthy of the Stones while they're still here, as well as worthy in terms of legacy, this exhibition not being remembered as silly clownishness.

Sorry to be blunt -- but it needs to be said now before design/development goes too far.

-swiss

Right, message received loud and clear.

A couple of questions:

1) Could I enquire what expertise, qualifications and experience you have to bring to the table?

2) You use an abbreviated form of the pronoun 'us'. Who are you collectively referring to?

Olly.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 2, 2015 08:32

The exhibition looks good, but if I never see that nasty tacky pink logo again it will be too soon.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 08:39

They should put Charlotte watts in charge of Internet marketing
I see her as potential future CEO of Rolling Stones Inc in the 2025 time frame she should be groomed now

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: July 2, 2015 09:39

I agree with Green Lady, I am already sick of the nasty tacky neon crotch logo. Not super thrilled with this as a fan.

Date: July 2, 2015 11:32

The publicity machine is gearing up.....The Stones are on the road......

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: July 2, 2015 12:35

swiss

But...is this for real?

Sorry if anyone here is working on the effort. But from what's apparent at this links and clicking around (or attempting to--it's quite klugy), doesn't the site and exhibition--in concept and preliminary interaction and visual design--seem, well...a little...trashy? as in track-suit-bum-crack-big-stomach-showing-wore-my-slippers-to-Walmart-hair-pulling-in-the-shampoo-aisle trashy? And also very 2006. Not to mention about a half micron deep.

If someone from Rolling Stones Corp would like a hand with this - toward creating a super compelling, immersive, interactive, multiplemedia transplatform experience that also has even a smidge of substance, dignity, and credibility, please contact me.

What's here is, in now way, reflective of men of wealth and taste winking smiley

I know some relevant exhibition models that could be adapted and...Stones have all the money in the world to do something innovative and, yes, fun, but not vulgar and dumm--worthy of the Stones while they're still here, as well as worthy in terms of legacy, this exhibition not being remembered as silly clownishness.

Sorry to be blunt -- but it needs to be said now before design/development goes too far.

-swiss

I trust you, swiss.
Maybe you can tweet this to @rollingstones or Charlotte? (I can do it for you if you don't have a account)
Fastest way to get in touch with them.
Send some examples from your own work.
Sometimes the brutals have the whole world! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: July 2, 2015 12:42

Niek
swiss

But...is this for real?

-swiss

I trust you, swiss.
Maybe you can tweet this to @rollingstones or Charlotte? (I can do it for you if you don't have a account)
Fastest way to get in touch with them.
Send some examples from your own work.
Sometimes the brutals have the whole world! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Classic example of an IORR member not recognising that they are merely a customer for whatever the stones decide to put out. Can just imagine Mick saying "hold on guys, scrap everything, Swiss from IORRs gonna fix it all for us" .

And the laughter went on for years..............

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: July 2, 2015 15:34

I thought that the Somerset House exhibition was small but great. I'm intrigued by this and hope it will scale previous heights. I will part with £19 to enjoy it first hand.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 2, 2015 18:01

In my opinion "Exhibitionism" will be the "Concept" of a possible European Tour in Spring/Summer 2016 with a possible new studio album with the same or almost the same title...Tour/Exhibition/new album:a Biggest Bang!!!

Date: July 2, 2015 20:30

Turner68
They should put Charlotte watts in charge of Internet marketing
I see her as potential future CEO of Rolling Stones Inc in the 2025 time frame she should be groomed now

You see her as potential future CEO of Rolling Stones Inc in the 2015 timeframe? That's f"£$%^g big of you!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 2, 2015 23:20

I wonder if Bill has loaned any if his collection for the exhibition?

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: July 3, 2015 04:29

pre-sale begins at 9 AM UK time which is 4 AM my time thumbs down

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 3, 2015 06:05

What's the story with the blackand white tiger image that's about halfway down the Daily Mail article?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2015 11:51

Congrats to AEG for another screw-up. It took 40 minutes for the pre-sale page to start working. Pathetic.

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 12:34

At present you can only buy a VIP ticket on the presale if you live in Esssex!!!!

The payment page is not working correctly. You need to enter County/Region to have your payment processed - but the only option is Essex. angry smileyangry smiley

Hope they sort this mess out soon. Anyone know how to contact them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 12:35 by stoneman333.

Date: July 3, 2015 12:45

It's working now.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 3, 2015 13:01

Presale is more expensive?

According to the Ticket Info page a ticket is £19 on weekdays.
I checked for May 2 (a monday), and the ticket price is £24.

Date: July 3, 2015 13:28

stoneman333
At present you can only buy a VIP ticket on the presale if you live in Esssex!!!!

The payment page is not working correctly. You need to enter County/Region to have your payment processed - but the only option is Essex. angry smileyangry smiley

Yep - Essex was the only option in the drop-down menu and the purchase could not be completed without specifying that option. DOH... WTF?! I just assume and hope that the postcode overrides the county when it comes to delivery...

Date: July 3, 2015 13:31

I submitted the payment details and........'OOPS, SOMETHING'S GONE WRONG'....please try again. GRRRRR!

Date: July 3, 2015 13:32

BowieStone
Presale is more expensive?

According to the Ticket Info page a ticket is £19 on weekdays.
I checked for May 2 (a monday), and the ticket price is £24.

There is also a £3 charge in addition to cover price. A weekend ticket is £2 more expensive than a weekday ticket.

Date: July 3, 2015 13:32

Beast
stoneman333

Yep - Essex was the only option in the drop-down menu and the purchase could not be completed without specifying that option. DOH... WTF?! I just assume and hope that the postcode overrides the county when it comes to delivery...

Looks like they are 'print at home' tickets anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Date: July 3, 2015 14:04

Nope - regular mail delivery was the only option offered to me!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 3, 2015 14:22

What a bloody nightmare! Finally have two tickets for the first day for me and StraycatUK! It's only taken 3 1/2 hours!
Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 3, 2015 14:37

There's no link to pre-sale tickets I can see, although the ticket page is broken at the moment. It says tickets go on sale 10/07/15.

Posted by: stoneman333 ()
Date: July 3, 2015 15:05

Presale Success!!

2 VIP tickets just purchased. Server was down for a short while - presumably while they sorted out the "Only Way is Essex" problem!! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-03 15:58 by stoneman333.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home