Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones to play Chicago?
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:35

The guy on the radio said it's almost a done deal that the Stones will play in Chicago, in different venues, before the end of the year. We'll see...

Re: Rolling Stones to play Chicago?
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:38

Well if the guy on the radio says so, it must be true smoking smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:42

i read on the interweb that a guy said it on the radio.

just kidding 3D... maybe it was that Buddy Guy club thing?

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:51

A lady on TV said she read on the internet that someone on the radio said the Stones ARE AWESOME!!!

Source- I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who read it in the National Enquirer.

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:55

i think once the north america leg is over about a month after they will announce south america dates like they did with 14 on fire i.e had a break then went back in around oct or november i believe it was

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:16

There was a rumour about a few US shows before heading to SA.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:19

I think they've got to play Knebworth first! grinning smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: July 1, 2015 00:23

They have pretty much saturated that area. Would find that hard to believe.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:35

You never know, just like anybody, they could actually know something or be full of it. Before any announcement of dates/venues for Zip Code, a guy on the sports radio station here in Dallas announced the date and venue of the Arlington show, and he ended up being right. Those guys aren't your regular DJ's though, they're sports writers with sources inside the stadium. But then of course I once heard a DJ here in Dallas say that The Stones were coming to town with Pearl Jam on the No Security Tour, which didn't happen. Coming from a DJ, there are 3 very good possibilities. The first, he might have some inside info, it's a radio station and they're sometimes involved in promotion and have info. The second, he read a random rumor on the internet and reported it as fact. Third, he completely made it up. Hopefully it's the first one.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:37

They might have gotten really psyched by their hang out with Buddy talking about Blues and being at his club. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. And could be a good recording option for another release.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:54

Errrm, who is "the guy" and on whose radio did he drop his intel?

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 1, 2015 01:10

what radio? chicago? it could be someone who is a good friend of the Jam Production guys, or it could be total idiots. they've put a few back on the air in chicago (not stever).

U2 opened a tour in tempe in 1987. the athletic dept. at ASU knew about it way before anybody. and they would tell anybody who asked because it was extra and something they were not invested in or really cared about. so details matter. if they play chicago it would probably be a small show (so good luck getting tickets).

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 1, 2015 01:14

The guy on the radio said "different venues". Maybe a club is among them... ;-)

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: July 1, 2015 01:30

bye bye johnny
Errrm, who is "the guy" and on whose radio did he drop his intel?

Steve Seaver on WDRV.

Date: July 1, 2015 02:04

They will be playing Chicago as part of the Sweet Sixteen tour at the United Center but not this year.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 1, 2015 02:24

excellent info. met someone who did work for the band at the san diego airport and he said the outline is shows every year through 2018. need to replenish the wallet.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 02:30

I have a good friend who works at Jam, so good that she puts me on the list for stuff often. But she wouldn't know anything because AEG is the Stones promoter. If AEG contacted a venue, say the United Center...nobody at Jam would know about it. Jam's a beast in this market though, they got AC/DC at Wrigley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 02:32 by mnewman505.

Date: July 2, 2015 04:31

2018 makes sense- you have Mick and Keith 75 then, but we lots of people still going strong at 74.They should continue, they sound great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home