Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: South America 2015..
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 12, 2015 21:49

crawdaddy
Don't bite .

I think JumpinJeppeFlash is at it again trying to get fans annoyed as he did in the 'Argentinians ' thread that got closed.
thumbs down

I agree with you crawdaddy, but at the same time I personally feel very offended reading a highly xenophobic post like what he wrote.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 19:54 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 12, 2015 22:03

JumpinJeppeFlash
Olly
IGTBA
jlowe

The SA tour will happen, no doubt, but will have to wait. I don't buy into the "economic argument" either....plenty of other Acts are doing tours..
Expect SA in 2016.
And maybe Greece sometime after!

Not many acts in Argentina. Several are rumored, but not many confirmed - and none will have ticket prices anywhere near the Stones - plus the other possible significant acts are just for one night. The Stones can fill and need multiple nights there for that tour to make sense. Show me that other acts are taking more than a million dollars from Argentina - and I'll maybe start thinking different. The Stones need to be able to take probably in excess of $10 million from there - how can that happen with their currency controls?

Greece - LOL - but I think that might happen before SA, if they stay in the Euro. Maybe the Germans will own Athens Olympic Stadium soon.

True.

It may turn out to be not just economically unviable, but approcahing the economically impossible.

They need to start work, paying tax and get used to pay for themselves without expectations about other people paying for their overconsumption which they can´t afford.

Is that you, Ms. Merkel? Or are you one of those vulture fund guys?

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: July 12, 2015 22:45

The reality is that the economics of a SA tour is very different to the US or even Europe:

- big distances, not many roads, between most venues - so costs rise a lot

- weaker economies (GDP per head) than USA, Canada, most of Europe - so ticket prices will be much lower on average

- lots of regulations, restrictions etc. - again adding to cost and complexity

- some countries where you cannot easily export money even if it is yours (eg Argentina) - so why earn money if you can't keep it?

Plus...

- a few seriously dodgy/dangerous cities - so mega security or less fun for the entourage and fans alike

So I'm not surprised that getting an SA tour together is difficult, even if the band is up for another 10 weeks touring this year. Having said that I'd love to go if and when it is on.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 12, 2015 22:49

So what so many others band play in SA ? And will in 2015 or 2016 ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 12, 2015 23:26

thecitadel
The reality is that the economics of a SA tour is very different to the US or even Europe:

- big distances, not many roads, between most venues - so costs rise a lot

- weaker economies (GDP per head) than USA, Canada, most of Europe - so ticket prices will be much lower on average

- lots of regulations, restrictions etc. - again adding to cost and complexity

- some countries where you cannot easily export money even if it is yours (eg Argentina) - so why earn money if you can't keep it?

Plus...

- a few seriously dodgy/dangerous cities - so mega security or less fun for the entourage and fans alike

So I'm not surprised that getting an SA tour together is difficult, even if the band is up for another 10 weeks touring this year. Having said that I'd love to go if and when it is on.

This is an example of how you can explain a point of view without being rude or offensive to other users. Kudos to you! smileys with beer

Having said that, you're right about the differences between SA and USA or Europe, which makes more difficult to the bands to play here. The big distances and other issues surely can be one of the reasons for the high costs, but at the same time it has never prevented some bands/artists to come here.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 13, 2015 02:03

It is off.

Bjornulf

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: July 13, 2015 05:13

BV, are the Stones pretty much done touring then for 2015, after Quebec City? No chance of any North American Arena shows?

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: July 13, 2015 06:56

bv
It is off.

I heard this, too.

Hopefully some other time spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 07:31 by eyesoftheworld.

Date: July 13, 2015 07:12

There is one more show in Quebec, that is all as far as i know. I will be home on Friday.

I don't understand why people expect the Stones to pop up here and there in all sorts of cities and club shows. They are a large touring party, nothing is decided last minute.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 07:15 by bv.

Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: July 13, 2015 08:04

There is always a chance that places like MSG in NYC or Vegas might pay them a large amount of $ to do one or 2 shows. That is what I was asking about/hoping for.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 13, 2015 10:53

Looks like Quebec is gonna be the last one for a while.

I personally didn't think there was the slightest chance of a theatre show in Toronto area, but I do hope South America will happen at sometime in 2016.

I also hope something will happen in London before the end of the year.

They are in such great form to leave it too long and just a couple of gigs in their home town would be an extra special treat.

Just living in hope really. smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 12:17

Cristiano Radtke
thecitadel

...you're right about the differences between SA and USA or Europe, which makes more difficult to the bands to play here.

Yes, even in Europe they played only the richest countries. There are countries in Europe that are probably more rich or developed, or what you want to call it, than countries in the South America and still didn't get any shows, I am sure because they simply could not afford it. That is also why I think that if The Stones do another European tour, which would be logical (there were 2 US tours and one European tour since 2013 + Hyde Park of course), I am sure they will play pretty much the same countries as the last time, with maybe 1-2 exceptions. But expectations that they will play countries they didn't play in 2014, like Bulgaria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Greece... are absolutely unrealistic. Anyway, I would be just happy if they decided to do another European tour. I can travel :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 12:18 by Happy24.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 13, 2015 13:53

Where there is money to win thus.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: July 13, 2015 15:26

I don't think you guys know what you're talking about regarding Latin america, sure there's a lot of poverty and corruption and crime, but there's also a ton of people with a lot of money, huge acts go there all the time, ranging from Justin bieber and one direction, to Macca and Stevie Wonder.
Macca has played Latin America every year for the last 5 years apart from 2015, and it wouldn't surprise me of he announces Latin America shows for the latter half of the year

Hell the last 5 years he's done 14 stadium shows in Brazil, 4 in Mexico , 2 in Peru and 2 in Uruguay, which is a pretty small country.
And tickets don't come cheap, last time he played Mexico city top tickets were about 2000 USD, and then just a couple of days later he played the city's main square for free to about 300,000 people.
So I think the reason they won't be doing it is on the Stones end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 15:55 by bbeliko.

Date: July 13, 2015 15:34

The question is why is South America off?

Did this last run prove to be too much for them?

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 13, 2015 16:29

JumpinJeppeFlash
jumpontopofmebaby

Obviously their economy is to bad at the moment, they can´t simply afford them.

I don't understand the obsession with South Africa.
I want to see them again. Cant get to South Africa, too busy.
So come to Europe again guys. London, more London shows please..
You know it makes sense. winking smiley

Date: July 13, 2015 18:25

jumpontopofmebaby

The SA gigs were long-rumoured but never announced officially, so that's why I think we'll never know the reasons for the delay. Anyway, it seems February/March 2016 are on the works, so let's see what happens. smiling smiley

Date: July 13, 2015 18:46

South America is off because it was never on. It is off because they want to do other things now. They are grandfathers and they have family and they want to do what other people do at age 71 or so. I am not surprised at all.

They do get offers to perform here and there and there and here, all the time. Then the offers get detailed and at some point there is a go/no-go date. They simply said no-go. The offer and the dates were there, I had fixed them in my calendar, but now it is a no-go.

May be later. Next year may be.

PS. Please DO NOT use this thread for campaigns to get the Stones into playing some other places. The subject of this thread is "South America 2015". It is not "Places we would like to see the Stones performing at for the future".

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-13 19:40 by bv.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 13, 2015 20:03

bv
It is off.

Thank you, we'll take this as "official" !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 13, 2015 20:18

Thanks for the info Bjornulf! What a pain! Anyway I will keep my fingers crossed!

Date: July 13, 2015 22:24

Would be nice to start another thread saying KEITH RICHARDS 2015
This thread is dead..

Date: July 13, 2015 22:37

Please do not use IORR to post personal campaigns or politics. Everybody do know this rule and this summer I don't give any 2nd chances, I am too busy, these political posts just mess up threads.

Bjornulf

Date: July 13, 2015 22:39

bv
Please do not use IORR to post personal campaigns or politics. Everybody do know this rule and this summer I don't give any 2nd chances, I am too busy, these political posts just mess up threads.

Sorry BV i did not mean anything by it. i will go away for a while . thanks for the warning ..

Posted by: knatalio ()
Date: July 14, 2015 14:06

Thanks Bjornulf for the info.
We in Argentina will wait for something to happen may be in 2016.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home