Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 20
Re: Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) officially on i-tunes
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:43

It's $9.99 (US). It's fine. Why complain? I bought it last night, no complaints.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:47

Listening to it now having just downloaded. Only as far as Bitch and I'd say it's exceptional, they are really on fire. Quite happy to be caught in the marketing trap and be listening to it now and buy the DVD later. Hope there's a basic DVD version without CD though. (Unless it's the full concert.)

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:17

Ronnie is just amazing on Sister Morphine.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:29

toomuchforme
Ronnie is just amazing on Sister Morphine.

Only on Sister Morphine? Well, well, Ronnie is just amazing on every song on this one. BUT How about the other three (MICK, KEITH and CHARLIE), where would RON WOOD be without THEM ROLLING STONES.

Posted by: normanplace ()
Date: July 1, 2015 00:48

Probably old news but I just installed iOS 8.4 and Apple Music. The show is streaming for free ( well for three months anyway )

Cancelling Spotify.

Yeah I was right. Old news.

Sounds great though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 00:50 by normanplace.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 1, 2015 01:45

okay, experts! don't have itunes, so what do you do? is this going to be a stones archive release, or DVD some girls in texas release? with so much money going out for the tour i can wait for a hard copy release.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 1, 2015 01:53

Apple m4a's are just as good as any flacs. Sorry digital lossless diehards, just an opinion from an old audiophile. Go ahead and breakout all yer fancy pie charts and bell graphs...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 1, 2015 01:59

shadooby
Apple m4a's are just as good as any flacs. Sorry digital lossless diehards, just an opinion from an old audiophile. Go ahead and breakout all yer fancy pie charts and bell graphs...

Probably depends on how old your ears are. smiling smiley Although I admit mine are more sensitive to dynamic range compression than data compression at 256kbit/sec or higher.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 02:00

shadooby that is hilarious. I just did a listening test online comparing different bit rates and really there was little noticeable difference. But I love my vinyl! I think the iTunes version sounds pretty damn good. I am playing through my Emotiva DAC player through a great tuner and 500 watt amp with incredible speakers. It sounds so fat and delicious. I really don't notice the brickwalling too much at all.

Date: July 1, 2015 02:04

Couldn't they have included the other songs as well? Its like a carbon copy of the album lol.

Date: July 1, 2015 02:06

[email protected]
Couldn't they have included the other songs as well? Its like a carbon copy of the album lol.

I think that's the whole point....

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: July 1, 2015 02:11

The sales of this sudden (incomplete) product launch on itunes is probably Mick Jaggers 'product testing' to see if there's enough demand for a DVD/ Bluray right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 02:12 by midimannz.

Date: July 1, 2015 02:14

shadooby

This post is meaningless unless playback equipment is listed.

By the way .m4a is just a container,and does not really have a set quality level itself. They can contain lossy compressed .aac ....... or "Apple Lossless" .ale / .alac encoded files.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: July 1, 2015 02:15

Naturalust
shadooby

Probably depends on how old your ears are. smiling smiley Although I admit mine are more sensitive to dynamic range compression than data compression at 256kbit/sec or higher.

more power to ya...whipper-snapperspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 02:18 by shadooby.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: July 1, 2015 02:48

shadooby

It's the mastering that's the problem, no dynamics. Same issue with the Universal remastered Cds. Compare the old Virgin and CBS cds to this new bunch, there is a big difference.

I have no complaints at all with the music or price. This will have to do until a better product is released

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-01 02:49 by jabhead.

Date: July 1, 2015 03:15

midimannz
The sales of this sudden (incomplete) product launch on itunes is probably Mick Jaggers 'product testing' to see if there's enough demand for a DVD/ Bluray right?

Hard to say really. I sure hope they release a DVD/Bluray regardless of the popularity of the initial downloads. The videos exist of the show, they've already spent the time mixing the music, I'd say it's a pretty good bet we will get the whole package eventually. The closest most of us will get to the excitement of that great Fonda show.

I heard (here) that they are streaming the whole show for the next few weeks on Apple Music. Perhaps they are just waiting to have enough additional footage of the tour to embellish it and make it more interesting. In any case it's pretty clear they probably made a pretty lucrative deal with Apple to get the music out there now.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 1, 2015 03:43

Naturalust
midimannz

Hard to say really. I sure hope they release a DVD/Bluray regardless of the popularity of the initial downloads. The videos exist of the show, they've already spent the time mixing the music, I'd say it's a pretty good bet we will get the whole package eventually. The closest most of us will get to the excitement of that great Fonda show.

I heard (here) that they are streaming the whole show for the next few weeks on Apple Music. Perhaps they are just waiting to have enough additional footage of the tour to embellish it and make it more interesting. In any case it's pretty clear they probably made a pretty lucrative deal with Apple to get the music out there now.

Yes, obviously this release has a lot to do with Apple's new streaming service. Just like the Stones archive releases that were exclusive to Google Play just at the time it was launched (a couple of years ago).

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:03

Naturalust
midimannz

Naturalust,

They are definitely releasing a DVD, but it's supposedly more of a documentary on SF than the Fonda show. I posted a copy of the text message earlier this week, did you see it?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:39

Great show. So little(none?) fanfare about its release.

I am not sure if the complaining about this show, and the Stones in general in fact, doesn't say more about those who complain than about the Stones.

Christ, they are in their 70s and they STILL rock out like this. I am approaching my 61st. I couldn't keep up with them in any shape or form. Yes, they aren't the same as they were in their 20s and 30s. Are any of us?

I am JUST so bloody glad they still put on a show of this quality AND release it.

So, it's brick walled a bit..turn it down a shade and it sounds bloody good.

Date: July 1, 2015 04:45

roller99
Naturalust
midimannz

Naturalust,

They are definitely releasing a DVD, but it's supposedly more of a documentary on SF than the Fonda show. I posted a copy of the text message earlier this week, did you see it?

I saw the text where you were invited for an interview if that's what you're talking about. It's starting to make sense, a documentary would be awesome. Too bad Jimmy Miller and Andy Johns aren't around to be included although Andy has some taped interviews where he talks about SF that they might use clips from.

In any case, considering how positive the response is to the SF Live music release and the fact that they shot video of the whole show, it would be a shame if they didn't release it as a concert.

Perhaps as a companion to the documentary?

The Stones live st the Fiona theatre 2015!!!!!
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 18:48

So I download Apple's new ios8.4 so I can give their new Music service a go. I discover the complete sticky fingers part of the show at the Fonda theatre on there! I click the button Show In iTunes Store and there it is for purchase and download. Oh my god!!! Moonlight Mile!!! You gotta move...I am in heaven!

Edit.sorry I just saw the other thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 18:49 by bitusa2012.

Re: The Stones live st the Fiona theatre 2015!!!!!
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:52

Someone please post when there is an alternative to itunes. I will never buy an apple product and the day Steve Jobs died reconfirmed to me there is Karma...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:57

Pardon me but this is not "Fiona theatre" but "Sonia Theater".

Date: June 30, 2015 20:00

DREAMTIME
Someone please post when there is an alternative to itunes. I will never buy an apple product and the day Steve Jobs died reconfirmed to me there is Karma...

You'll have to wait until the DVD/CD Combo pack, etc. is released, as it seems that this is an iTunes Exclusive, much like the 'Hyde Park 2013' album (later 'Sweet Summer Sun') and its three track EP. This album is to iTunes as to what the Stones Archive albums were to Google Play, it seems...and, ouch.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:04

Fiona Theatre - that must have been the secret show with MT which was never announced, but only played for die hard MT fans.....

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:00

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
DREAMTIME

You'll have to wait until the DVD/CD Combo pack, etc. is released, as it seems that this is an iTunes Exclusive, much like the 'Hyde Park 2013' album (later 'Sweet Summer Sun') and its three track EP. This album is to iTunes as to what the Stones Archive albums were to Google Play, it seems...and, ouch.

Hyde Park 2013 was not exclusive to iTunes... It was also available as lossless download on Qobuz, and still is : Hyde Park Live

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:16

DREAMTIME
the day Steve Jobs died reconfirmed to me there is Karma...

confused smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:54

Yeah what a weird comment. I love my MacBook pro. Have used Apple since the mid nineties and never have had a virus or a problem and never has my hard drive crashed. I am not a huge fan of iTunes, but getting shit like Sticky Fingers live makes it more palatable.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 1, 2015 05:06

"Csn you do that", says Mick...no I can't really, but they sure as shit can. This is so goooood....listening now and in heaven.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: July 1, 2015 05:10

Learn all the history of Steve Jobs and then you will know. It would take me pages and I'm not a typer. I'll give you one big enough reason of the thousands that come off the tip of my tongue, not which is his big part in the destruction of the music industry,

but he had the most liquid capital in 2008, more than the USA gov't, when 'our' country, along with many others, were in the biggest depression in their lifetimes, AND HE DID NOTHING WITH IT!!!. In my world that is treason and is punishable by DEATH!

Find an old film/video clip in his early days when he complains about IBM market share....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home