Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 20
Re: Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) officially on i-tunes
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:25

Bashlets
Silver Dagger, i will agree with you that SWAY may be a little off, but its never been great live. i was even disappointed seeing Mick Taylor doing it with the stones in Boston,and I was in the pit. That said, I still think its the best version i have heard. To me, Sway is the weakest track on this release. i think the rest is stellar. YOU GOTTA MOVE- you cant sound more like an old delta blues band than that. what a treat

Will listen to it again on the way home tonight Bashlets. And yes, agreed You Gotta Move is great. But then I also thought the version live in 75/76 with Billy Preston was pretty good.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:34

i am fiercily resisting to itunes grinning smiley
yet, can you confirm that there's actually non an option for lossless audiofiles, isn't it?
because if there is I might quickly succumb winking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:40

maumau
i am fiercily resisting to itunes grinning smiley
yet, can you confirm that there's actually non an option for lossless audiofiles, isn't it?
because if there is I might quickly succumb winking smiley

There are iTunes options for lossless and wav but those aren't applicable for music you purchase from them, only stuff you import from other sources.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:08

DandelionPowderman
StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
No pitch correction, as Mick is quite off several times, including the "lying by your side-line".
Definitely pitch correction. The "lying" is just off in the yt video but not on the iTunes release.
It's okay and I can accept that but we shouldn't lie to ourselfes winking smiley

It's off on the release as well, timing-wise and pitch-wise. You can even hear Mick going out of breath prior to it. Would have been easy to correct, but they didn't. There are probably 50 more examples on this release smiling smiley
Okay so you don't want to believe it? >grinning smiley<
Here:
[www.dropbox.com]
Just for you winking smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:30

StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
No pitch correction, as Mick is quite off several times, including the "lying by your side-line".
Definitely pitch correction. The "lying" is just off in the yt video but not on the iTunes release.
It's okay and I can accept that but we shouldn't lie to ourselfes winking smiley

It's off on the release as well, timing-wise and pitch-wise. You can even hear Mick going out of breath prior to it. Would have been easy to correct, but they didn't. There are probably 50 more examples on this release smiling smiley
Here:
[www.dropbox.com]

Got to say they sound similar to me.

On the other hand I am famous for not having exactly a "prefect pitch" ear, so ...

C

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:48

Irix
Whale

Is it possible to just buy the files from Itunes without installing the itunes program? I'm on linux

No, it's unfortunately not possible to buy Music from iTunes without installing the iTunes program. The only possibility on Linux is to install Virtual Box (or a other Virtual Machine) and install therein MS Windows plus the iTunes program. After the purchase you can of course play the files without iTunes on Linux or other devices which support AAC/MP4.

You do not need to virtual box it or install vm on your linux box, just use the WINE rapper. I have programs wrapped with wine that are windows only and they run fine. Here's a link:Running iTunes on Linux

Date: June 30, 2015 17:50

Silver Dagger
Listened to it in the car this morning and it didn't start well.

Sway is horrible, Jagger's phrasing is poor and it weakened what is a really powerful song.

Then on came Dead Flowers and it seemed like the band were just on autodrive, phoning it in without any emotion, style or grace.

That didn't bode well but suddenly things improved and Sister Morphine just dazzled - one of Ronnie's finest moments. And I also really enjoyed Can You Hear Me Knocking which is the jazziest I've ever heard the band.

So, don't expect the album to gain anything from being played live in 2015. It's a historic document more than anything else.

Completely (respectfully) disagree. You can hear the intimateness of the venue and the band is on fire.

Date: June 30, 2015 17:51

midnrambler
It there any chance to buy this somewhere without having to install iTunes?

Sure. One of us exports to .mp3, you play it with the native application.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:57

roller99
Irix
RipThisBone

Why did they release this fantastic download album without making publicity for it?

It guess the marketing machine will start with the physical releases - probably the same like Hyde Park 2013. First we got end of July 2013 (w/o much advertising) the 'Hyde Park Live' Album on iTunes and then (with a lot of marketing) early November 2013 several (physical) releases of 'Sweet Summer Sun' ....

They knew we would do it. My site got over 5000 hits and KR retweeted the link.

Would you post a link to your site, roller99 or send it to me? Thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: June 30, 2015 18:02

StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman

Here:
[www.dropbox.com]

It's pretty subtle but I hear some definite correction on the new release. Nice catch Rambler.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 30, 2015 18:15

roller99

You do not need to virtual box it or install vm on your linux box, just use the WINE rapper.

You're right, it might also work with the WINE compatibility layer or PlayOnLinux. But iTunes 12 is now a very complex program - I wasn't sure if this requires rather a real Windows. Maybe it's worth a try - I've found the hint that iTunes 10.7 still works with Ubuntu 14.04 (but not iTunes 11 or higher).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 18:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 30, 2015 18:34

I don't remember having such joy with a new live recording since the release of Some Girls in Texas.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:13

Cristiano Radtke
I don't remember having such joy with a new live recording since the release of Some Girls in Texas.

so true...I'd like to add the Roundhouse tracks .

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:25

shortfatfanny
Cristiano Radtke

so true...I'd like to add the Roundhouse tracks .

Perhaps my excitement about this latest release made me forget about that one, but you're right. grinning smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:37

Far better than any 1971 or 1972 performance.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:25

powerage78

No, it isn't. but that's ok.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:35

DandelionPowderman
Gibson668
OFFS!...will people stop complaining..30 years ago you'd have to wait a year for a crappy C90 at some 'record fair', that usually sounded as if it had been recorded in a bucket...It's the price of a burger and a coke..get over yourselves and just enjoy it!

thumbs up

thumbs up

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:35

The 'Sticky Fingers Live' Album seems also to be available in the new 'Apple Music' App (iOS 8.4 built-in):

It's maybe interesting for those who want to listen to it but still wait for the physical releases. 'Apple Music' offers a free 90-day trial period for streaming.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:29

CousinC
Good move and great surprise!
I have no problem with criticism. But come on - nobody HAS to buy it.It's less than 10 euro.
How much did we spend some years ago for lousy bootlegs?!

SO RIGHT !
the net thing make people believe everything is free now. And one day we will have no more jobs ..
back to music. I have to listen to this surprise surprise

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: June 30, 2015 21:39

gimme_shelter
powerage78

No, it isn't. but that's ok.

Awesome !

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:41

In '94 I bought Astro's baseball tickets and sat through a horrible baseball game just to hear a radio station promotion preview of Voodoo Lounge a couple of weeks early (played once over stadium speakers, no less!).

I didn't mind paying $9.99 at all for this "preview" that I am still enjoying. Can't wait to buy the Blu-ray, and hope like hell it is the whole show!

Ross

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:43

AAC 256 is poor on Devialet 400 amps. Really need HD FILES.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:44

powerage78

Superior irony. Reminds me of a former poster here whom I really miss.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:51

Wow. Just wake up one morning and there it is.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:56

The first minute or so of Moonlight Mile (at least the vocals) is unlikely from Fonda. Mick was off tune and struggled through the first lines. I guess the start of San Diego has been used as that version was spot on.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:59

kleermaker
powerage78

Superior irony. Reminds me of a former poster here whom I really miss.

great, made me laugh I admit

then, as if to enjoy contemporary stones one should believe or affirm that they play far better than 1971 or 1972..

looking from this perspective that irony is pretty sad, sad for the ironist

Date: June 30, 2015 22:06

Just a joke... reading this thread...

Date: June 30, 2015 22:08

Peterh
The first minute or so of Moonlight Mile (at least the vocals) is unlikely from Fonda. Mick was off tune and struggled through the first lines. I guess the start of San Diego has been used as that version was spot on.

Probably just fixed in the mix. Pretty clear evidence posted on this thread that some tuning corrections were done on Mick's vocal. It's a lot harder to splice songs or vocals from different performances together....easier to just overdub a new vocal or auto tune the vocal track.

But anything is possible with today's technology and the SD vid is up on YouTube so you could test your hypothesis.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 30, 2015 22:22

powerage78
No it is not true. But this is a good concert

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:41

georgelicks
Irix
RipThisBone

Why did they release this fantastic download album without making publicity for it?

It guess the marketing machine will start with the physical releases - probably the same like Hyde Park 2013. First we got end of July 2013 (w/o much advertising) the 'Hyde Park Live' Album on iTunes and then (with a lot of marketing) early November 2013 several (physical) releases of 'Sweet Summer Sun' ....

Hyde Park live made the UK and US top 20 with the ITunes release only, then with all the physical stuff a couple of months later, it didn't make the Top 200.
Right now the album is Top 30 on ITunes USA:
[kworb.net]

HYDE PARK LIVE (i-tunes only Download) was No.1 in The Netherlands in 2013 (smileys with beer). SWEET SUMMER SUN was only no. 15 or so a few months later in my home country.
Who cares? I have downloaded STICKY FINGERS LIVE 2015 and made my own CD and printed artwork for this one and listening with great SATISFACTION for 9 Euro.
Next up: ZIP CODE 2012-2015 THE COMPLETE BOX maybe? I will buy it.hot smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home