Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 20
Re: Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) officially on i-tunes
Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:27

Father Ted
RoughJusticeOnYa
maumau
shortfatfanny
LeonidP
shortfatfanny
Father Ted
Must.Resist.Downloading.Until.Blu Ray.Is.Released.

...or CD or any other platform but i-tunes.
Those who can listen...have fun,hope you'll enjoy it.

Itunes is available to anyone with an internet connection. Anyone can listen.

I know but I try to resist i-tunes.
Don't know how long I will make it reading all your enthusiastic posts...

grinning smiley same here

Just get it. It's awesome.

smoking smiley

I listened to a sample on iTunes last night. No denying that it sounds great but I'm not buying it twice!

Good choice. I couldn't wait, but I justified it with knowing that I never bought "Sweet Summer Sun" in any form, this release is much more exciting.

Can't wait for the full show on blu-ray.
These songs will be awesome to hear:

Start Me Up - LOVE this song in club settings
When The Whip Comes Down
All Down The Line - Also great in clubs, Circus Krone version is best ever IMO
Rock Me Baby
Jumping Jack Flash
I Can't Turn You Loose - Probably slower than on "Four Flicks"

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:28

In Got the Blues I LOVE Ronnie's I'd rather go blind "trillo" (i.e. 2.00) and Keith's "Cry To Me" licks (2.40) - Vintage beauty!

C

Date: June 30, 2015 12:30

I was thinking the same thing, liddas! smileys with beer

Are you gonna join our IORR recording project, btw? Send me an e-mail.

Date: June 30, 2015 12:34

terraplane
I remember the short video snippet of Moonlight Mile where Jagger's vocals were a bit off key. Have they done any corrections to the songs on this release or is it unaltered I wonder?

No.

He was out of breath.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:34

kleermaker
Well, you asked for it. I listened to it all, with growing disgust and with the biggest effort. It's one big, bad parody, especially after having heard the 1971 live releases.

Do you expect a bunch of old farts at their 70s would play the same way they did 40+ years ago? C'mon, just enjoy the music, the fact they are still around and aging gracefully (to some extend).

Parody? Yes, they are living in self-parody reservation for quite a long time.

The rest is rock'n'roll. If you do not like it - go and ask Chuck Berry what to do winking smiley

Date: June 30, 2015 12:49

ironbelly
kleermaker
Well, you asked for it. I listened to it all, with growing disgust and with the biggest effort. It's one big, bad parody, especially after having heard the 1971 live releases.

Do you expect a bunch of old farts at their 70s would play the same way they did 40+ years ago? C'mon, just enjoy the music, the fact they are still around and aging gracefully (to some extend).

The rest is rock'n'roll. If you do not like it - go and ask Chuck Berry what to do winking smiley

Actually, both Mick and Keith perform I Got The Blues, Dead Flowers, Bitch and Brown Sugar better on this release than in 1971, so yes they can indeed smiling smiley

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:53

We live in a society not unable to enjoy the present, but you spend time in worship the past and worrying about the future.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:16

liddas
In Got the Blues I LOVE Ronnie's I'd rather go blind "trillo" (i.e. 2.00) and Keith's "Cry To Me" licks (2.40) - Vintage beauty!

C

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:22

Listening to this today, my new 'Ya ya's' album.
I love it!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:42

Listened to it in the car this morning and it didn't start well.

Sway is horrible, Jagger's phrasing is poor and it weakened what is a really powerful song.

Then on came Dead Flowers and it seemed like the band were just on autodrive, phoning it in without any emotion, style or grace.

That didn't bode well but suddenly things improved and Sister Morphine just dazzled - one of Ronnie's finest moments. And I also really enjoyed Can You Hear Me Knocking which is the jazziest I've ever heard the band.

So, don't expect the album to gain anything from being played live in 2015. It's a historic document more than anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 13:45 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:51

Testify
We live in a society not unable to enjoy the present, but you spend time in worship the past and worrying about the future.

dude that's on my wavelength. the key to utopia is in loosing sense of self. there is no past present or future. just now, forever.
thats got nothing to do with the fonda gig i know. before anyone starts.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:54

Silver Dagger, i will agree with you that SWAY may be a little off, but its never been great live. i was even disappointed seeing Mick Taylor doing it with the stones in Boston,and I was in the pit. That said, I still think its the best version i have heard. To me, Sway is the weakest track on this release. i think the rest is stellar. YOU GOTTA MOVE- you cant sound more like an old delta blues band than that. what a treat

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:55

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-05 22:40 by midnrambler.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:57

Father Ted
RoughJusticeOnYa
maumau
shortfatfanny
LeonidP
shortfatfanny
Father Ted
Must.Resist.Downloading.Until.Blu Ray.Is.Released.

...or CD or any other platform but i-tunes.
Those who can listen...have fun,hope you'll enjoy it.

Itunes is available to anyone with an internet connection. Anyone can listen.

I know but I try to resist i-tunes.
Don't know how long I will make it reading all your enthusiastic posts...

grinning smiley same here

Just get it. It's awesome.

smoking smiley

I listened to a sample on iTunes last night. No denying that it sounds great but I'm not buying it twice!

I did my best to resist and lost.
And I must say I don't regret,it's fantastic stuff.
Sister Morphine is the most impressing so far after listening one time...
Unbelievable...what's wrong with them?
How can it sound soooo gooood....

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 30, 2015 14:05

DandelionPowderman
terraplane
I remember the short video snippet of Moonlight Mile where Jagger's vocals were a bit off key. Have they done any corrections to the songs on this release or is it unaltered I wonder?

No.

He was out of breath.
I hate that I have to say that but his voice on MM is definitely pitch-corrected!
Listening to the "lying by your side" here [youtu.be]
and then listen back to the iTunes release.

And that's also the reason for that unisono-Sound on MM. It's not just Bernard. Because of the room mics you can still hear a bit of the original vocal and together with the pitched vocal it makes that unisono effect..

But still love the release. All songs are sounding great. And the best Brown Sugar live recording for years!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 30, 2015 14:12

DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
kleermaker

Actually, both Mick and Keith perform I Got The Blues, Dead Flowers, Bitch and Brown Sugar better on this release than in 1971, so yes they can indeed smiling smiley

I thought exactely the same, yes! SF without MT? Unbelievable, but it really worked out very well! Never thought I would write this ...

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 30, 2015 14:14

midnrambler
It there any chance to buy this somewhere without having to install iTunes?

No, sorry, I donĀ“t think so ... At least not yet!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 14:16

StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
terraplane

No.

He was out of breath.
I hate that I have to say that but his voice on MM is definitely pitch-corrected!

And that's also the reason for that unisono-Sound on MM. It's not just Bernard. Because of the room mics you can still hear a bit of the original vocal and together with the pitched vocal it makes that unisono effect..

But still love the release. All songs are sounding great. And the best Brown Sugar live recording for years!

Well they do have a bit of history making corrections to their live recordings. winking smiley I don't blame them. If they were committed to releasing stuff without such fixes we would never have gotten this release. Better a bit of pitch correction than Jagger replacing the vocal, imo.

Date: June 30, 2015 14:24

Naturalust
StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
terraplane

No.

He was out of breath.

Well they do have a bit of history making corrections to their live recordings. winking smiley I don't blame them. If they were committed to releasing stuff without such fixes we would never have gotten this release. Better a bit of pitch correction than Jagger replacing the vocal, imo.

That's right. I often do mixing for live recordings and it's very common to do a bit of correcting. And as long as nobody knows that grinning smiley
It's just that I know it now and every time I hear a strong unisono effect it comes to my mind

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 30, 2015 14:33

muenke
DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
kleermaker

I thought exactely the same, yes! SF without MT? Unbelievable, but it really worked out very well! Never thought I would write this ...

I'm quite stunned here myself (never thought such a thing would be possible); but I agree 100%... My G*d that was a great gig.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 30, 2015 14:36

Why did they release this fantastic download album without making publicity for it? It isn't even on www.rollingstones.com until now.... I don't think much people beside we, the Stonesismists, will notice this release and that is a shame!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 14:38 by RipThisBone.

Date: June 30, 2015 14:36

No pitch correction, as Mick is quite off several times, including the "lying by your side-line".

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 30, 2015 14:40

Best $9.99 I've spent all year!

Date: June 30, 2015 14:44

DandelionPowderman
No pitch correction, as Mick is quite off several times, including the "lying by your side-line".
Definitely pitch correction. The "lying" is just off in the yt video but not on the iTunes release.
It's okay and I can accept that but we shouldn't lie to ourselfes winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 14:44 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 30, 2015 14:45

midnrambler

It there any chance to buy this somewhere without having to install iTunes?

No, unfortunately not at the moment ....

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: June 30, 2015 15:00

One hour in the car this morninmg, Sticky Fingers Live blasting, that was a good start of the day.

God, those songs are just awesome. And with this fresh recording, the songs come back to life. They are played well, sound well (well, well, well). I will certainly go back to Sticky Fingers (original and deluxe live) more often than to Sticky Fingers live (the guitars are good, but not great, I miss MT), but it is still a great release.

Somebody said they were a parody doing this show and release it. I don't think so. It's a sign of dignity to play those wonderful songs live so well, more than 40 years after their release (the Stones are a parody when they try to be up-to-date, modern, actual, playing with Taylor Swift etc, or if they would record new songs trying to be relevant and young ...)

resotele

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 30, 2015 15:05

RipThisBone

Why did they release this fantastic download album without making publicity for it?

It guess the marketing machine will start with the physical releases - probably the same like Hyde Park 2013. First we got end of July 2013 (w/o much advertising) the 'Hyde Park Live' Album on iTunes and then (with a lot of marketing) early November 2013 several (physical) releases of 'Sweet Summer Sun' ....

Date: June 30, 2015 15:52

StonedRambler
DandelionPowderman
Definitely pitch correction. The "lying" is just off in the yt video but not on the iTunes release.
It's okay and I can accept that but we shouldn't lie to ourselfes winking smiley

It's off on the release as well, timing-wise and pitch-wise. You can even hear Mick going out of breath prior to it. Would have been easy to correct, but they didn't. There are probably 50 more examples on this release smiling smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 15:59

Irix
RipThisBone

Why did they release this fantastic download album without making publicity for it?

It guess the marketing machine will start with the physical releases - probably the same like Hyde Park 2013. First we got end of July 2013 (w/o much advertising) the 'Hyde Park Live' Album on iTunes and then (with a lot of marketing) early November 2013 several (physical) releases of 'Sweet Summer Sun' ....

They knew we would do it. My site got over 5000 hits and KR retweeted the link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 17:52 by roller99.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:17

Irix
RipThisBone

Hyde Park live made the UK and US top 20 with the ITunes release only, then with all the physical stuff a couple of months later, it didn't make the Top 200.
Right now the album is Top 30 on ITunes USA:
[kworb.net]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home