Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 20
Re: Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) officially on i-tunes
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:30

maybe now onlystones can tell us what he thinks of the show... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:35

donvis
Why on earth would anyone bitch about something that costs $9.95? The physical release may be different or more compressed. So what if you have to buy it again it's worth far more than $9.95!

Because they have nothing going on in their lives...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:44

swiss
So-----being that I am not as sophisticated a listener as many of you, a couple of questions: on Moonlight Mile (how awesome) it sounds at times like someone is singing along with Mick--who, or what, is that? His range sounds great to me--blissy! Was Keith actually singing harmonies?

To me, this is a super neat Monday evening treat - yay!

- swiss

Probably what Bernard is singing during the live shows, but not mixed loud enough to be as effective as this remixed multitrack release. Does it sound like Mick added some unison vocals? I've said several times here that is what makes the choruses come alive and sound so awesome on the original...are you messing with me dear?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:52

I am so happy this came out. I was very angry that I didn't get to go to that show. Too many unknowns. What city? What day? Would they really play the whole album. Unless you live in So Cal or have the luxury of getting time off work at the last minute you were out of luck. It wasn't a question of money but obligation. But now I guess I can forgive them and rest easy. I just can't imagine anyone on this page that would hold off buying this. And the more people buy it maybe we will get more offerings like this in the future.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:59

Naturalust
swiss
So-----being that I am not as sophisticated a listener as many of you, a couple of questions: on Moonlight Mile (how awesome) it sounds at times like someone is singing along with Mick--who, or what, is that? His range sounds great to me--blissy! Was Keith actually singing harmonies?

- swiss

Probably what Bernard is singing during the live shows, but not mixed loud enough to be as effective as this remixed multitrack release. Does it sound like Mick added some unison vocals? I've said several times here that is what makes the choruses come alive and sound so awesome on the original...are you messing with me dear?

Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I remember there was no backing vocals for this song. I've listened to it more carefully now, and it seems that Mick's voice sounds stronger from 3:28 onwards, for instance.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:09

Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
swiss

- swiss

Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I remember there was no backing vocals for this song. I've listened to it more carefully now, and it seems that Mick's voice sounds stronger from 3:28 onwards, for instance.

confused smiley I'm sure I saw Bernard (no Lisa) singing with him on the choruses in SD and I thought I read the story from Mick where he and Bernard were practicing the vocals for this song prior to the tour. Can you hear Bernard on this new release? Thanks.

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: June 30, 2015 06:18

RaiseTheKnife
They would have to edit out all between songs banter to get org Sticky order! Otherwise: This ones called Dead Flowers - Wild Horses begins.
You can revamp the song order by yourself when you burn it!

Listened to this three times today. Last time I re-ordered it to the original LP lineup, and man, despite the discongruities with the banter and crowd noise, it's worth playing it that way, in the sense that you really start to realize how great they sound in 2015, in the context of a track flow that we all know very well.

This is a great release. This is a great summer for Stones fans. Amazing!

Date: June 30, 2015 06:18

Naturalust
Cristiano Radtke
Naturalust
swiss

- swiss

confused smiley I'm sure I saw Bernard (no Lisa) singing with him on the choruses in SD and I thought I read the story from Mick where he and Bernard were practicing the vocals for this song prior to the tour. Can you hear Bernard on this new release? Thanks.

I've listened to it again, and now it seems that Bernard is singing with him (on the part I mentioned above - 3:28 onwards), so I was probably wrong about that. smiling smiley

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:00

For a guy who wasn't in the band when the album came out, Ronnie damn sure makes these songs his own. The whole band sounds great but Woody was really in rare form for this show.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:08

hi guys -- let me see f I can reply to this in a way that does your notes justice.

swiss
on Moonlight Mile...it sounds at times like someone is singing along with Mick--who, or what, is that?

Naturalust
Probably what Bernard is singing during the live shows, but not mixed loud enough to be as effective as this remixed multitrack release.

I was not aware that Bernard was singing along during the show subsequent to this one. I have not read about the shows, have not been to the shows, and I don't tend to watch streaming or videos of the shows. I had no idea.

Naturalust
Does it sound like Mick added some unison vocals? I've said several times here that is what makes the choruses come alive and sound so awesome on the original...are you messing with me dear?

Not at all! You said that in this thread? I thought I had carefully read every post on the 7pp of this thread before commenting. I visit iorr only in fits and starts--and when I do, I browse very few threads.

If I hit any nerve it was unintentional. I was asking an innocent question - just sounds like more than one voice is all smiling smiley

Cristiano Radtke

Naturalust

Cristiano Radtke
I've listened to it again, and now it seems that Bernard is singing with him (on the part I mentioned above - 3:28 onwards), so I was probably wrong about that. smiling smiley

So, it is Bernard? Anyone else at La Fonda remember seeing Bernard singing with Mick?

Is it possible, for this release they added another Mick track?

Incidentally, the following question was meant to be totally separate, pertaining to the entire La Fonda show, not to Moonlight Mile.

swiss
Was Keith actually singing harmonies?

thanks
swiss

Date: June 30, 2015 07:28

swiss
So, it is Bernard? Anyone else at La Fonda remember seeing Bernard singing with Mick?
thanks
swiss

Yes, it was Bernard on Moonlight Mile.

swiss

I think he was on Dead Flowers, and he was definitely singing harmonies on Wild Horses (you can listen to him more clearly on the right channel).

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:39

shortfatfanny
LeonidP
shortfatfanny
Father Ted
Must.Resist.Downloading.Until.Blu Ray.Is.Released.

...or CD or any other platform but i-tunes.
Those who can listen...have fun,hope you'll enjoy it.

Itunes is available to anyone with an internet connection. Anyone can listen.

I know but I try to resist i-tunes.
Don't know how long I will make it reading all your enthusiastic posts...

grinning smiley same here

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:05

Is there anywhere to listen to this or even samples? I don't have a PC anymore or an apple product to get itunes with. Would love to hear this and IGTB at the very least.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:08

Had a little smoke and laid down on the couch not expecting to be blown away but I was. Ladies and gents, just buy it. I was actually shocked how really really good it is. It's worth the $10.00. I usually skip Brown sugar but I really loved it on this set, and I got the blues is done as it should be; a classic soul ballad. Dead Flowers was great, and I thought CYHMK was fantastic. Maybe if we start buying this stuff, the stones will release more. For $10.00 it's a steal. Buy it

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:16

OMG. Sway. Ronnie. This band is not human.They just keep getting better. I am lost for words.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:41

CMH516
For a guy who wasn't in the band when the album came out, Ronnie damn sure makes these songs his own. The whole band sounds great but Woody was really in rare form for this show.
It's Ronnie finest hour in the Stones,in my opinion.
Reminds me of how great he was with The Faces.

Date: June 30, 2015 08:55

Cristiano Radtke
swiss
thanks
swiss

swiss

I think he was on Dead Flowers, and he was definitely singing harmonies on Wild Horses (you can listen to him more clearly on the right channel).

It was reported that Keith sang on I Got The Blues. He certainly is singing on the bridge.

If memory serves, we could see Bernard singing on MM in the official video clip from Fonda.

Re: Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) official on i-tunes Germany
Date: June 30, 2015 09:09

You're like someone with a turkey under each arm and still saying you're hungry. Be grateful.

Date: June 30, 2015 09:14

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
swiss
thanks
swiss

swiss

It was reported that Keith sang on I Got The Blues. He certainly is singing on the bridge.

If memory serves, we could see Bernard singing on MM in the official video clip from Fonda.

I've listened again to I Got the Blues, and Keith is singing on that song, too. And I've just watched the Fonda clip again and yes, Bernard is there on MM. smiling smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:24

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke
swiss
thanks
swiss

swiss

I've listened again to I Got the Blues, and Keith is singing on that song, too. And I've just watched the Fonda clip again and yes, Bernard is there on MM. smiling smiley

Thanks, you guys!

That clears it up on MM.

And on other songs I thought I heard Keith harmonizing -- but you never know. Glad to know it is he!

It still blows me away that you were there, Cristiano. So few long-time serious fans got in! I love being able to hear this show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 10:24 by swiss.

Date: June 30, 2015 09:36

swiss
It still blows me away that you were there, Cristiano. So few long-time serious fans got in! I love being able to hear this show.

Thank you, swiss. When I read on this thread that the concert was released I was blown away too. Thanks for that, NeddieFlanders. smileys with beer

Actually, I jumped off of my bed when I read that and could hardly wait to listen to it.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 30, 2015 10:42

maumau
shortfatfanny
LeonidP
shortfatfanny
Father Ted

Just get it. It's awesome.

smoking smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 30, 2015 10:51

DandelionPowderman
You are a parody. Let the fans enjoy this, please thumbs up

True; but what els did you expect him to say? Stop pushin' him. And keep this thread & release free from this kind of yadde yadde... We have some truely fantastic live music from an astonishing band to discuss.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 11:16 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2015 11:18

keefriff99
This is a stunning release.

Just listened to I Got The Blues...by far the most soulful, genuine, @#$%& REAL singing I've heard from Mick in decades. He absolutely blew my mind.

And everyone else sounds brilliant too. Guitars are nice and raunchy, and Ronnie is up there in the mix for one with a good amount of distortion. It's such a pleasure to hear them playing like this.

you took the words right out of my mouth Keefriff99. thats a nice user name you have there lol

Date: June 30, 2015 11:33

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
You are a parody. Let the fans enjoy this, please thumbs up

True; but what els did you expect him to say? Stop pushin' him. And keep this thread & release free from this kind of yadde yadde... We have some truely fantastic live music from an astonishing band to discuss.

You're right.

Date: June 30, 2015 11:48

$9.99? WHAT A BARGAIN! Back in the bad old days when I used to subscribe to 'Sticky Fingers' magazine and read all about the latest Japanese bootlegs - I would have been thrilled to learn about a 'soundboard' recording of some secret gig getting a great review. Then I would have perused the globe looking for the privilege of purchasing the show for $35 (if I could find it) Thank you, Rolling Stones, for figuring out that us fans, want the music, and we don't mind paying you for it. In fact, we PREFER to buy it from you and/or your authorized distributors. Now, I do kinda wish you could have been a little more generous playing some of these rarer tracks on the Zip Code tour. But I have also figured out that as businessmen (in the music business) that after 50+ years you kinda know what your're doing. So, let me please take a moment to simply be grateful this morning. I love this new recording. I love it! It's great!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:05

RoughJusticeOnYa
maumau
shortfatfanny
LeonidP
shortfatfanny
Father Ted

Just get it. It's awesome.

smoking smiley

I listened to a sample on iTunes last night. No denying that it sounds great but I'm not buying it twice!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:05

Much to my surprise, Itunes has finally figured out that customers can live in the farfetched place I'm in,
and allowed me to acquire this release. This is freakin beautiful! Say hallelujah time for sure.
Hallelujah!

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:19

I remember the short video snippet of Moonlight Mile where Jagger's vocals were a bit off key. Have they done any corrections to the songs on this release or is it unaltered I wonder?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 30, 2015 12:25

tumblingdice

Is there anywhere to listen to this or even samples?

Pre-listening (30 seconds each track) should be possible via the website: [itunes.apple.com] , via MS Windows with the QuickTime Player installed. If you have only an Android device then it's maybe better to find someone who has iTunes (or QuickTime) installed or has an Apple device ....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home