Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 20
Re: Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) officially on i-tunes
Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:54

LeonidP
mitch
Rank Stranger
Okay then: has this stuff been mastered properly or are we getting that "brickwalled" sound again?

Brickwalled.
Forget this show then.

Where have you been? All releases (95% anyway) the past 10-15 years have been brickwalled, live and studio, from most any band. So that means you shouldn't buy anything ever again.

Dynamics is soooo 1990's... ;-). Kidding. It's a conspiracy I think, that everything at least in popular music is brickwalled! True art and passion is long gone due to the consumers mass or something.

As for the Stones releases:
There is no warmth anymore on any record by the Stones after Bridges To Babylon. Probably due to no dynamics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 23:55 by Muddyw.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:57

gotdablouse
Fantastic album !

Really? I won't give my opinion here ... nor elsewhere. Enjoy it and to each his/her own.

I'll stick with the new live 1971 releases, with the real thing.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:00

i have to pinch myself, i mean its 2015. the stones did a small gig just playing sticky fingers numbers ( their best album ) 6 weeks ago. i got into the stones in 82' and had to wait until 89' to see them. the longest time sad smiley and now 6 weeks later they release this and its wow, words cant explain how this feels. am i dreaming lol

its just that demon life has got you in its sway cool smiley

Date: June 30, 2015 00:02

kleermaker
gotdablouse
Fantastic album !

Really? I won't give my opinion here ... nor elsewhere. Enjoy it and to each his/her own.

Yes, really.

Date: June 30, 2015 00:04

powerage78
Far better than any 1964-2014 live performance by far.

Best versions ever.*

* before 2016 off course drinking smiley

This album is definitely ON course. And, yes, many of these versions are indeed the best ever.

Date: June 30, 2015 00:07

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
gotdablouse
Fantastic album !

Yes, really.

Don't push me, otherwise I'll tell what it really is. I'm just trying to spare you!

Date: June 30, 2015 00:09

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
gotdablouse
Fantastic album !

Yes, really.

Don't push me, otherwise I'll tell what it really is. I'm just trying to spare you!

You are vaccinated against good music.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:09

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
gotdablouse
Fantastic album !

Yes, really.

I have not downloaded it yet, and really excited and curious about perspectives. please dont deny me the Reality of it

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:11

Well, maybe the Echoplex club show from 2012 see's the light of day, I'd love to hear "Love in Vain"

Date: June 30, 2015 00:12

Yeah, let the kleer truth ring out loud about I Got The Blues, Sister Morphine, Moonlight Mile, Dead Flowers, Brown Sugar and the other brilliant songs on this release.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:12

RipThisBone
hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley........ 10 out of 10...thumbs up

Some whiners from the Hot Stuff section on www.iorr.org :

afilosa09
Valeswood
This smells like Hyde Park again. Rip your fans off for a £10 download and then release it on CD a few months later.

yeah, I can hold out for a few months. If they don't release it by then, I'll go for the download

RipThisBone:
You may be dead next week, hope not ofcourse, but why not spend a lousy 10 for this great album?

Thanks for the artwork!!!
hot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smileyhot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 00:15 by RipThisBone.

Date: June 30, 2015 00:13

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
gotdablouse
Fantastic album !

Yes, really.

Well, you asked for it. I listened to it all, with growing disgust and with the biggest effort. It's one big, bad parody, especially after having heard the 1971 live releases.

Date: June 30, 2015 00:14

You are a parody. Let the fans enjoy this, please thumbs up

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:15

The reality of it is, the stones are nearing the end of an enormous and glorious career. They are probably on their last full blown large scale tour. And they started off in LA doing a small show doing all of Sticky Fingers. And it sounds fantastic. Yes, they are older. Rusty around the hinges, but to listen to the sheer joy they are emoting performing one of their best albums is infectious. Perfect? NO. Why should it be. Exciting? Yes, for sure. It is an emotional listening experience, where The Rolling Stones are taking great pride in playing such a powerful classic album. Ronnie really shines. For not having played on the original album, he clearly pays his respects and injects his personality as well. As many have said, he is really playing well on this tour. Better than I have heard him with The Rolling Stones. He seems to be finding his own inspiration and playing more like he did with The Faces. Its iTunes, so it is not a full on fidelity release. For ten dollars. But it is quite fun to listen to and very well performed. It is a tease. And I can't wait to hear this on vinyl!

Posted by: VOODOOSEBI ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:15

Just finished listening for the first time. Wow, what a great show! They almost nailed it a 100%. Now I know why bv rates this show among the best he has seen. They filled the rare played numbers with fresh new life, not just reproducing them. Seems that the shows with can't turn you loose as encore are gonna be really special ones...winking smiley

A few more thoughts:

- absolute highlights --> sisters morphine & you gotta move

- also great --> dead flowers, wild horses,can't you hear me knocking, I got the blues, moonlight mile

- great licks and solo from Ronnie on dead flowers, great singing from mick, same with wild horses

- at can't you hear me knocking is miss a little Keith power chords in the verses, he's more licking

- mick is a little bit struggling to hit the high notes on I got the blues, at least his voice doesn't sound relaxed in that part, it sounds a bit strained

- on the opposite mick sings moonlight mile better then in 1999

- bitch is boring. I would like to hear it more guitar driven like in the early 70'

- brown sugar: really good version, but I can't hear it anymore. Just seen it live too often

- sway, better then on the bigger bang tour, especially micks voice, but it has not the same level as sm or igtb

- micks singing performance is all in all outstanding

- did I hear some small glitches from Charlie?

- sax is great, but I miss bobby keys

- it's a shame that only a very small audience has ever the chance to hear these great rare songs live!

Overall a striking performance, even more astonishing when you remember at what level their 2007 shows were. I couldn't imagine, that after 2007 they could ever reach such a high level again. Such a show proofs, that they can do great shows for easily more than ten years from now on.

Long live the stones smileys with beer

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 01:18 by VOODOOSEBI.

Date: June 30, 2015 00:16

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
gotdablouse
Fantastic album !

Yes, really.

Well, you asked for it. I listened to it all, with growing disgust and with the biggest effort. It's one big, bad parody, especially after having heard the 1971 live releases.

The real band was under the stage you think kleermaker?

Date: June 30, 2015 00:17

DandelionPowderman
You are a parody.

Well, well, well.

Date: June 30, 2015 00:17

whitem8
The reality of it is, the stones are nearing the end of an enormous and glorious career. They are probably on their last full blown large scale tour. And they started off in LA doing a small show doing all of Sticky Fingers. And it sounds fantastic. Yes, they are older. Rusty around the hinges, but to listen to the sheer joy they are emoting performing one of their best albums is infectious. Perfect? NO. Why should it be. Exciting? Yes, for sure. It is an emotional listening experience, where The Rolling Stones are taking great pride in playing such a powerful classic album. Ronnie really shines. For not having played on the original album, he clearly pays his respects and injects his personality as well. As many have said, he is really playing well on this tour. Better than I have heard him with The Rolling Stones. He seems to be finding his own inspiration and playing more like he did with The Faces. Its iTunes, so it is not a full on fidelity release. For ten dollars. But it is quite fun to listen to and very well performed. It is a tease. And I can't wait to hear this on vinyl!

That's very well said! thumbs up

Date: June 30, 2015 00:19

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
You are a parody.

Well, well, well.

A good one, though..

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:20

Talking about tracks that were smoking....

... Bitch was straight fire!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:22

After listening to this release earlier this morning, now I'm listening to it again with earphones. That's a great recording of an awesome concert. The entire band is smokin', but Chuck Leavell deserves a lot of credit for his work here, especially on Dead Flowers and I Got The Blues.

Obviously, there's no way to compare this release with being there and listening to it live, but finally everybody can hear how it was to listen to I Got The Blues and Sister Morphine that night - not to mention the other songs, of course. I just mentioned these two because that's the only ones that weren't played on the Zip Code Tour yet.

Yes, it would be great if they have released the whole concert, but hey! Until now we had nothing but that short clip posted the day after the concert, and now we have the opportunity to listen to Sticky Fingers live on its entirety for the first time. smileys with beer

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:23

Hi, friends

all those words ... while we are waiting for mercy's link ....

thank you in advance

mbozzi77@yahoo.com.ar

Date: June 30, 2015 00:24

What an experience it must have been, Cristiano smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 00:28 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:25

LeonidP
mitch
Rank Stranger
Okay then: has this stuff been mastered properly or are we getting that "brickwalled" sound again?

Brickwalled.
Forget this show then.

Where have you been? All releases (95% anyway) the past 10-15 years have been brickwalled, live and studio, from most any band. So that means you shouldn't buy anything ever again.

Second degree, dude.
Was sick to read some peole complaining for trifles.

Date: June 30, 2015 00:26

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
You are a parody.

Well, well, well.

Why bring up the title of this extra track from the Four Flicks DVD from Paris 2002? >grinning smiley<

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:27

DandelionPowderman
This album is definitely ON course. And, yes, many of these versions are indeed the best ever.

Some of them are among the best.
But I know plenty of great versions of those songs...
If I would compile my ''ultimate modern-era Sticky Fingers album'' it would be something like this:

Sway (Fonda)
Dead Flowers (Fonda)
Wild Horses (Twickenham 2003 ''Four Flicks'')
Sister Morphine (Amsterdam 1998)
You Gotta Move (Fonda)
Bitch (Wiltern 04.11.02 ''Four Flicks'')
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Fonda)
I Got The Blues (Fonda)
Brown Sugar (MSG 16.01.03 ''HBO warm-up'')

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 00:31 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:28

ThumpinJackFlash
Talking about tracks that were smoking....

... Bitch was straight fire!

was just thinking the same thing TJF smoking smiling bouncing smiley

Date: June 30, 2015 00:28

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
You are a parody.

Well, well, well.

A good one, though..

If scolding is a good thing, then you're right. But I consider it as a sign of weakness. The suggestion as if I have the power to rob anyone's fun as for this show is simply ridiculous. Go ahead and enjoy it. And bless your heart.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:30

thanks voodosebi for review, though apparently you dont stick with Reality and Truth is great to see that one can have his/her own insight and intelligence and still be joyful and enjoy the music

Date: June 30, 2015 00:30

TheBlockbuster
DandelionPowderman

Some of them are among the best.
But I know plenty of great versions of those songs...
If I would compile my ''ultimate modern-era Sticky Fingers album'' it would be something like this:

Sway (Fonda)
Dead Flowers (Fonda)
Wild Horses (Twickenham 2003 ''Four Flicks'')
Sister Morphine (Amsterdam 1998)
You Gotta Move (Fonda)
Bitch (Wiltern 04.11.02 ''Four Flicks'')
Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Fonda)
I Got The Blues (Fonda)
Brown Sugar (MSG 16.01.03 ''HBO warm-up'')

There you go!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home