Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 20
Re: Sticky Fingers Live (Fonda Theatre 2015) officially on i-tunes
Posted by: elwoodpdowd ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:17

Thank you to NeddieFlanders for letting us know it was released. And thank you to Irix for the iTunes links.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:20

DandelionPowderman
Gibson668
OFFS!...will people stop complaining..30 years ago you'd have to wait a year for a crappy C90 at some 'record fair', that usually sounded as if it had been recorded in a bucket...It's the price of a burger and a coke..get over yourselves and just enjoy it!

thumbs up

+ 1 thumbs up

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:21

Yep - this sounds amazing. Listening to Sister Morphine right now - gives me chills! Man - I hadn't even gotten around to watching the Marquee DVD yet, now we have this - to go along with all these great shows! Good times for Stones fans for sure.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:27

DEmerson
Yep - this sounds amazing. Listening to Sister Morphine right now - gives me chills! Man - I hadn't even gotten around to watching the Marquee DVD yet, now we have this - to go along with all these great shows! Good times for Stones fans for sure.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:33

The amount of complaints about people who have opinions which are not 100% positive, are three times a many as the actual opinions. Is there some kind of law against not praising everything they do as a work of god?
The deal is that you people who complain about others with opinions, you are finding joy in doing so by some reason - and you are the real whiners.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:39

Well not really. It is like a lot of threads where someone is posting something positive...and enjoying something and then a log of negative posts crop up. It seems silly to spend energy being negative about someone posting something they are enjoying.

It is cool if folks don't like this release. No problem. But it is hard to understand in light of how great it sounds and how cool it is they released it.

Date: June 29, 2015 22:41

EasterMan
The amount of complaints about people who have opinions which are not 100% positive, are three times a many as the actual opinions. Is there some kind of law against not praising everything they do as a work of god?
The deal is that you people who complain about others with opinions, you are finding joy in doing so by some reason - and you are the real whiners.

There is a thread, though...

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:46

this is amazing
Just listening to the previews on iTunes because I can't afford anything more at the moment but I sure wish they could play sister morphine, i got the blues and sway instead of Moonlight mile or wild horses 3 or 4 more times. But mostly I got the blues.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:49

alieb
this is amazing
Just listening to the previews on iTunes because I can't afford anything more at the moment but I sure wish they could play sister morphine, i got the blues and sway instead of Moonlight mile or wild horses 3 or 4 more times. But mostly I got the blues.

Hope you get to buy it soon it really is special.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:50

what's not to like. I mean they came into this show rusty, ( like just out of rehearsals ) and it sounds like they have just come to the end of a 100 date tour, well oiled and on a roll.. every one wants a better set list. well this is it. its a bit different to any live release before. they gambled with this show and its paid off.

Date: June 29, 2015 22:51

I'm still mesmerized with how good this show is.

Date: June 29, 2015 22:52

whitem8
Well not really. It is like a lot of threads where someone is posting something positive...and enjoying something and then a log of negative posts crop up. It seems silly to spend energy being negative about someone posting something they are enjoying.

It is cool if folks don't like this release. No problem. But it is hard to understand in light of how great it sounds and how cool it is they released it.

But what so wrong about having both positive and negative opinions in the same thread? What about having a discussion with the ''whiners'' instead of whining about them?

Personally I think this release is excellent so no ''whining'' this time from me.

DandelionPowderman
EasterMan

Yes there is, but maybe the people who likes to whine about the ''whiners'' should have their own thread.

Date: June 29, 2015 22:54

EasterMan
whitem8

But what so wrong about having both positive and negative opinions in the same thread? What about having a discussion with the ''whiners'' instead of whining about them?

Personally I think this release is excellent so no ''whining'' this time from me.

DandelionPowderman
EasterMan

Yes there is, but maybe the people who likes to whine about the ''whiners'' should have their own thread.

Let's just enjoy the show.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:55

Whale

Is it possible to just buy the files from Itunes without installing the itunes program? I'm on linux

No, it's unfortunately not possible to buy Music from iTunes without installing the iTunes program. The only possibility on Linux is to install Virtual Box (or a other Virtual Machine) and install therein MS Windows plus the iTunes program. After the purchase you can of course play the files without iTunes on Linux or other devices which support AAC/MP4.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 23:00 by Irix.

Date: June 29, 2015 22:58

DandelionPowderman

It's not really a show if I'm allowed to say that, but it's a nice part of a show which must have been great. Can't wait to hear how ''I Can't Turn You Loose'', ''When The Whip Comes Down'', ''Rock Me Baby'' and even ''Start Me Up'' sounded thumbs up The blu-ray will be nice!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 23:01 by EasterMan.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:58

DandelionPowderman
EasterMan
whitem8

DandelionPowderman
EasterMan

You are right! Listening now for the 2nd time, this is really amazing, perfect, didn't expect something like that, to be honest.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:03

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 23:31 by maumau.

Date: June 29, 2015 23:05

The guitar sound on this release is surprisingly good. It's nice that Keith's acoustic is so prominent in the mix. Ronnie's sound is killer. Mick Jagger is god on this album.

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:06

W H A T A N A MA Z I N G S U R P R I S E ... !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:13

Just downloaded this. The performance is great but the mastering and compression is awful. Not everybody listens to music on cheap ear buds. Hopefully we will get a not "mastered for iTunes" version that has some dynamics.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:19

Love this verion of sister morphine.

Posted by: powerage78 ()

Best Stones live album ever.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: portlandphil ()

Listening for the first time right now. Guitars nice and loud. A focused and emotive Mick. Nice mix to my ears. Bittersweet memories of not being there, as I was in LA trying! Thank you Rolling Stones. And I would love a DVD release of the full show!cool smiley

Date: June 29, 2015 23:23

Awesome.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:25

Yeah, I hope this is released on vinyl. I sure it will be, and a deluxe version from Ward would be nice!

Date: June 29, 2015 23:28

Far better than any 1964-2014 live performance by far.

Best versions ever.*

* before 2016 off course drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 23:33 by powerage78.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:30

mitch
Rank Stranger
Okay then: has this stuff been mastered properly or are we getting that "brickwalled" sound again?

Brickwalled.
Forget this show then.

Where have you been? All releases (95% anyway) the past 10-15 years have been brickwalled, live and studio, from most any band. So that means you shouldn't buy anything ever again.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:32

shortfatfanny
Father Ted
Must.Resist.Downloading.Until.Blu Ray.Is.Released.

...or CD or any other platform but i-tunes.
Those who can listen...have fun,hope you'll enjoy it.

Itunes is available to anyone with an internet connection. Anyone can listen.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:33

Fantastic album ! Sounds almost "too good", but they technically had little time to mess with it so...Now I do wonder why Denson'solo in CYHMk is so groovy here and rather "pedestrian" in the shows?

I don't think we've heard from any of the lucky Fonda guests yet, how does the recording sound compared to what you remember? I suppose that all of Mick's erased comments must be the biggest difference.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:50

This was a nice surprise, and yes, it is a good live albumsmiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home