Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and Keith camaraderie
Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 23:49

Am I off base in thinking that the band camaraderie seems much higher now than previous legs of 50 and Counting/ 14 on Fire?

It seemed like things were still pretty icy between Mick and Keith when they first regrouped and hit the road and Keith's "foot in mouth" quotes in Rolling Stone about the sincerity of his apology certainly didn't help. Though a lot of those shows were great, they seemed to have a certain business like feel to them.

There seems to be a real sense of joy, even love, with these shows. The smiles are real. The fact that they are doing things off stage together, and not for the benefit of a publicity photographer, certainly feels a world different than a year or two ago as well.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 14:55 by bv.

Re: Observation
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 28, 2015 23:58

CMH516
Am I off base in thinking that the band camaraderie seems much higher now than previous legs of 50 and Counting/ 14 on Fire?

It seemed like things were still pretty icy between Mick and Keith when they first regrouped and hit the road and Keith's "foot in mouth" quotes in Rolling Stone about the sincerity of his apology certainly didn't help. Though a lot of those shows were great, they seemed to have a certain business like feel to them.

There seems to be a real sense of joy, even love, with these shows. The smiles are real. The fact that they are doing things off stage together, and not for the benefit of a publicity photographer, certainly feels a world different than a year or two ago as well.

Yes.
Things improved a lot.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:04

They rock hard and continue to rock harder. I could care less whether they like or hate each other. Think about how good it has been when they detested each other. Keith would hit a power chord and snarl at Mick.

MJ would then spin around and squeal at Keith. Fabulous seat of your pants, in your face rock and roll.

They would then grin at each other. They knew exactly what they were doing. Well controlled lunacy. All controlled by The Master, MICK JAGGER.

At her feet was a footloose man.

Tim

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:06

CMH516

yes CMH516100 i agree, One hundred percent, its better between all of them.
I thought it was awkward watching them late 2012 with the 02 gigs.
they did a live pay per view and i thought there seemed to be a lot of pent up anger coming from Mick towards Keith. and that seemed to continue through 2013

it kind of spoils the enjoyment for me. i dunno, we seem to all like witnessing them having that comradely between them. at times it looked pretty lonely up their on stage for Keith.
i actually think Keith has changed so much. he truly seems to be at ease with himself at last.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 00:08 by keefriffhards.

Date: June 29, 2015 00:12

Lipsgogreen
They rock hard and continue to rock harder. I could care less whether they like or hate each other. Think about how good it has been when they detested each other. Keith would hit a power chord and snarl at Mick.

MJ would then spin around and squeal at Keith. Fabulous seat of your pants, in your face rock and roll.

They would then grin at each other. They knew exactly what they were doing. Well controlled lunacy. All controlled by The Master, MICK JAGGER.

At her feet was a footloose man.

ha ha lipsogreen there is that to.... we all love that tension in the air, bit not too much , if you know what i mean. sometimes i thought they were going to come to blows lol
Tim

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:43

CMH516

No question in my mind. Many of us have commented on it, and the photos show it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 29, 2015 00:46

Yes it does seem obvious that Mick and Keith are getting along better on stage anyway, who really knows what happens off stage but I suspect they are probably closer there too. It's nice to witness, something special about a brotherly bond, it's the stuff of story and legend.

People have speculated the reasons why but what's important is that they seem genuinely happy to be working together.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 29, 2015 05:20

Once I heard that they, meaning Mick and Keith, were actually in the same club together at the same time and even enjoying each other's company, then I realized that their relationship, on the personal level, must be stronger. Because in recent years, we were always hearing about and seeing photos of either Keith out and about with some folks or just Mick, Ronnie and Charlie, but never Keith, out at a restaurant.

If the Stones can survive Todgergate, they can survive anything.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 29, 2015 06:10

The band is undoubtably closer this time around..
And Keith has never seemed so relaxed and at ease, I agree.

I think losing Bobby and L'Wren has some to do with the increased camaraderie..

The concerts have a better on-stage vibe all the way around..it seems.
Perhaps a few of us fans have changed a bit as a result of the losses as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 07:27 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 29, 2015 07:07

I genuinely think that as they inch closer to death (its a morbid way to put it, but its true) they are burying the hatchet for the greater good. I think they realize they are too old and will be forever linked together anyway to continue being mad at each other. Its not solving anything. I too echo the sentiments that the deaths of Bobby and L'Wren made an impact. Especially L'Wren. I think after that Mick was like "screw it. Life can end at any moment. I'm gonna enjoy whats left and end these silly feuds." At least with people he sees on a fairly regular basis.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 29, 2015 14:00

It seemed to me that the Group dynamics, and the Mick/Keith relationship changed significantly between Singapore and Oslo last year. I was at both by chance.

Singapore it was good, not tense etc. But in Oslo (see my review to thoughts at the time) it was close, even tender and caring. That feeling has been reinforced this year.

Lets face it, forgetting time at primary school, these guys have worked and played together (even lived) for 53 years. How many people can sustain with without some difficult times - even divorce.

And when they are all playing well (ok some off days like we all have in our life and work),and enjoying being in their own company etc. Well the magic shows.

Long may it continue - for us as fans and them as individuals.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 29, 2015 14:14

Lipsgogreen
They rock hard and continue to rock harder. I could care less whether they like or hate each other. Think about how good it has been when they detested each other.

Tim

oh you mean when they stopped writing & recording Stones albums and stopped doing Stones tours? yes...that was really good. NOT!

IORR............but I like it!

Re: Mick and Keith camaraderie
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 29, 2015 15:28

...it looks a lot like lipstick on a pig....

Date: June 29, 2015 15:53

keefriffhards
CMH516

they did a live pay per view and i thought there seemed to be a lot of pent up anger coming from Mick towards Keith. and that seemed to continue through 2013

it kind of spoils the enjoyment for me. i dunno, we seem to all like witnessing them having that comradely between them. at times it looked pretty lonely up their on stage for Keith.
i actually think Keith has changed so much. he truly seems to be at ease with himself at last.

Awkward? It was fantastic to see Mick and Keith hug and share smiles during that show in London. Pure bliss!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 29, 2015 15:54

They have known each other forever and it is not unnatural that spending time together, playing the music that they created together and actually getting into it -- helps to erase wounds. Someone tell me when was the last time they appeared at the same time at a purely social, not promotional event, like being in Buddy Guy's club together.

Date: June 29, 2015 21:42

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
CMH516

Awkward? It was fantastic to see Mick and Keith hug and share smiles during that show in London. Pure bliss!

Pure bliss ?? There is a difference between the fake lets smile for the cameras showed 2012, to the genuine affection, joy and love of performing they share recently.

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:32

My take from the Atlanta show was, they played, and looked like a band having a good time. A collective of equals, on stage anyway. As opposed to the sum of parts equaling a whole.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:44

mick and keith have known each other since they were about 4, i think. so naturally they are going to argue and fall out, like thats what people do, but maybe they have grown up a bit possibly due to personal events in recent times, one things for sure though, whover goes first will leave the other with deep sadness.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:12

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
CMH516

Pure bliss ?? There is a difference between the fake lets smile for the cameras showed 2012, to the genuine affection, joy and love of performing they share recently.

they don't pretend to get along for the camera. their schtick is the tension between them not the camaraderie... if anything they play up their differences. they don't strike me as having the sort of relationship where they hug if they don't feel like it. if it was awkward maybe it was because they have 60 years of mixed emotions between them, kind of like the awkwardness when you hug someone who you know well and love but a lot of water has passed under the bridge. also when there's millions of people watching on tv it's hard to do anything that isn't awkward.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 23:13 by Turner68.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:37

Rokyfan
They have known each other forever and it is not unnatural that spending time together, playing the music that they created together and actually getting into it -- helps to erase wounds. Someone tell me when was the last time they appeared at the same time at a purely social, not promotional event, like being in Buddy Guy's club together.

I will ask CE if she can spill some beans but she did say this recently:
"...the Glimmers DO hang together a lot more than meets the eye."

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:39

Ditto on all of the above and looking at Keith tear through SFM and Mick bounce off of him at Arrowhead says a lot too!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:50

I think all of us who love this band's music hope that, however much each of them has had to forgive the other over the years, this late in the game, some of the old camaraderie can be restored before it's too late.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:55

Friends will be friendssmiling smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 30, 2015 00:11

Turner68
keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
CMH516

they don't pretend to get along for the camera. their schtick is the tension between them not the camaraderie... if anything they play up their differences. they don't strike me as having the sort of relationship where they hug if they don't feel like it. if it was awkward maybe it was because they have 60 years of mixed emotions between them, kind of like the awkwardness when you hug someone who you know well and love but a lot of water has passed under the bridge. also when there's millions of people watching on tv it's hard to do anything that isn't awkward.

oh ok then, im in a good mood right now listening to the fonda show. you sound about spot on with your words dude . i give you that one smiling smiley

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 01:39

The Sunshine Boys.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:38

When they actually write tunes & record TOGETHER ,I'll buy that they enjoy each others company.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 30, 2015 05:54

It looks genuine. Likely plays a part in them sounding better than, IMO, they have in some time.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:20

from a sociologist's point of view I'd like to point out that "camaraderie" is not necessarily a "real" personal relationship (like love or friendship for example) but rather a relationship/feeling inside a group sharing the same or a similar fate while having to interact closely (on a basis of roles), like in the army.
(there's a simple way to proof the difference – people who once shared camaraderie during a certain period of the life while being in a group quite often feel unable to connect to each other when the meet later and/or under different circumstances, for example ex-soldiers or former classmates)

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:23

CMH516

They know the end is in sight. Why be bitter?

Date: June 30, 2015 14:26

slewan
from a sociologist's point of view I'd like to point out that "camaraderie" is not necessarily a "real" personal relationship (like love or friendship for example) but rather a relationship/feeling inside a group sharing the same or a similar fate while having to interact closely (on a basis of roles), like in the army.
(there's a simple way to proof the difference – people who once shared camaraderie during a certain period of the life while being in a group quite often feel unable to connect to each other when the meet later and/or under different circumstances, for example ex-soldiers or former classmates)

that's interesting slewan. Mick and Keiths paths on a relationship level in life have gone separate ways since maybe Mick's marriage to Bianca.
they were very tight up to that point. then Keith chose a path to heroin and Mick to stardom.
there is a lot of water under the bridge since then, and now it may be possible with a revitalised clean and serine Keith, that they once again can find that common ground between them. ie the rolling stones creativity.
just maybe they still have a great album left in them if they can collaborate in a much tighter, closer way.
i feel their genius lays between that close chemistry.. not in one of them recording in a separate part of the world to the other, and then trying to mesh those two halves together like they have done since tatoo you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home