Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Chris Squire of Yes RIP
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:39

Very sad.
Rip the fish

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:28

People love or bash prog rock...I see both sides, but whatever side you are on it was easy to appreciate his talent. He made the bass a lead instrument and pushed boundaries for players.

Squire, Entwistle where very different players, but my two favs.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 30, 2015 13:23

RIP to a great player. I have a sorta humorous story regarding Yes. Up until my early 20's I was a prog rock fan. Kind of outgrew it with the exception of maybe King Crimson. Anyway, Yes had a lot to do with me moving on from that genre. I had seen them a few times (Going for the One & 90125 tours - both fine shows). So, there was a tour they did that was mega-Yes where they had all the instruments except bass doubled. Everyone did extremely long solos. Late in the show, they played "Awaken". My buddy & I had scored really good seats for free & had gotten really drunk before the show. "Awaken" was so long that at one point my buddy turned to me & said in a slurred voice "You know, we could leave during this, walk to Dick's (Seattle burger legend), sit down, have a cheeseburger, walk back to the venue & our seats & they would still be playing this song. It's the Cheeseburger Song!". Ever since then, whenever the Cheeseburger Song is mentioned is guaranteed to bring a smile. Anyway, I hoist a cheeseburger in memory of Chris! smiling smiley

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:54

buffalo7478
People love or bash prog rock...I see both sides, but whatever side you are on it was easy to appreciate his talent. He made the bass a lead instrument and pushed boundaries for players.

Squire, Entwistle where very different players, but my two favs.

Yeah exactly, I don't really like Yes and prog rock in general but still appreciated Chris Squire's bass playing.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home