Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 24 of 25
Re: Kansas City MO USA 27-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:18

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:21

Beautiful Header page shot over at ROCKS OFF at the moment ...

[rocksoff.org]

ROCKMAN

Date: June 30, 2015 08:23

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:25

Rockman
Beautiful Header page shot over at ROCKS OFF at the moment ...

[rocksoff.org]

Yes, indeed. And we got very awesome pics shared here, too. Thanks for all the users who posted their photos here. smileys with beer

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 30, 2015 09:34

Did anyone who went to the Kansas City show see or buy this poster or shirt design at the show?

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: June 30, 2015 10:25

jimpietryga1

Great shots Jimpietrygal! You have a great eye! And may I ask which camera you were using? I'm looking for a new one, and those shots are very sharp.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 30, 2015 10:39

Haha Charlie "Chippendale" Watts...is how MJ introduced him in Kansas City.

Date: June 30, 2015 11:35

We had a lovely time with Charlie Watts on Sunday.
We were touring the American Jazz Museum in KC when Charlie, Darryl, Tim, Bernard and a few crew members showed up and toured the museum with us!

It is a beautiful collection, focused on the amazing Local KC Jazz history, which includes Charlie Parker, Count Basie, Lester Young and many more of the greats.

I was asked to do a small piece on Charlie Parker for the tour, and I was honored to then lead Charlie Watts to see Charlie Parker's sax. Charlie loved it!

The group then toured the adjacent National Negro Leagues Baseball Museum with us, where Darryl and Tim showed Charlie fine points on how to throw a curve ball and a knuckle ball by an oversized photo of Satchel Paige. Charlie was fascinated with the history of baseball, and the incredible story of the Negro Leagues.

They are fantastic showcases of Black American culture, and everyone really dug it.

[www.kmbc.com]

Check out some photos here:
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 11:37 by Freejack.

Date: June 30, 2015 11:43

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:11

relms
Did anyone who went to the Kansas City show see or buy this poster or shirt design at the show?

We saw that poster at one of the tents. Interesting - they were not numbered. (The posters we saw were not numbered. Possibly others were?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 16:27 by cmc.

Date: June 30, 2015 16:14

cmc

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:44

Thanks for the excellent pictures Jim, and the video link of SFM Maumau !

The B/W photo where Mick looks like he's screaming at Keith's guitar is something I noticed a few times at KC.

During IORR, maybe where this pic was taken? I recall Mick bending down and sticking his face in the direction of KR's guitar as they jammed together. I've always thought the Stones were at their best when those two guys hit a certain threshold, usually inspired by the lick Keith is playing and Mick's approval seems to be displayed by this reaction.

It makes me realize Mick is a fan of how Keith plays in the same way many of us are, except he gets to be part of the moment by elevating it even higher with how he plays off those licks. Its pure rock and roll beauty.

In the SFM video he does it again, and that video helps show the passion we experienced during that song. The lyrics are just classic Stones,and when he screams "What can a poor boy do..." the intensity from Mick elevated everyone. Keith literally swings his guitar a couple times, and he also displays the same almost anger as he slashes the strings with the same force Mick sings the lyrics.

I've seen a lot of shows and I'll always remember that moment. When Mick throws water on us, and then kicks the bottle to the crowd, it was just that bad boy attitude that draws so many of us in. I was a couple seats down from BV and got baptized as well. This song was classic Stones, and I'm so glad I got to see it firsthand.

Praying they extend the tour and come to SF or Seattle!

Date: June 30, 2015 16:57

Canon G1X

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: June 30, 2015 16:58

MizzAmandaJonez

The B/W photo where Mick looks like he's screaming at Keith's guitar is something I noticed a few times at KC.

During IORR, maybe where this pic was taken? I recall Mick bending down and sticking his face in the direction of KR's guitar as they jammed together. I've always thought the Stones were at their best when those two guys hit a certain threshold, usually inspired by the lick Keith is playing and Mick's approval seems to be displayed by this reaction.

It makes me realize Mick is a fan of how Keith plays in the same way many of us are, except he gets to be part of the moment by elevating it even higher with how he plays off those licks. Its pure rock and roll beauty.

In the SFM video he does it again, and that video helps show the passion we experienced during that song. The lyrics are just classic Stones,and when he screams "What can a poor boy do..." the intensity from Mick elevated everyone. Keith literally swings his guitar a couple times, and he also displays the same almost anger as he slashes the strings with the same force Mick sings the lyrics.

I've seen a lot of shows and I'll always remember that moment. When Mick throws water on us, and then kicks the bottle to the crowd, it was just that bad boy attitude that draws so many of us in. I was a couple seats down from BV and got baptized as well. This song was classic Stones, and I'm so glad I got to see it firsthand.

I completely agree. I was in section E opposite from the baptismal section, and SFM sent chills down my spine. First it was the volume and rawness of Keith's guitar, then Keith and Mick completely in the zone and showing energy that blew me away! That moment is something I will never forget!

Posted by: Sinkiller ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:29

RollingStoner
MizzAmandaJonez

I completely agree. I was in section E opposite from the baptismal section, and SFM sent chills down my spine. First it was the volume and rawness of Keith's guitar, then Keith and Mick completely in the zone and showing energy that blew me away! That moment is something I will never forget!

My wife and I both remarked on the intensity of SFM. We were in Sec. D, row 24 and when the song was introduced, and Keith hit that opening riff, It was, as you say, electrifying. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it looked like Keith really leaned into it and attacked it. It felt almost angry, and very aggressive. I'm not doing a good enough job of describing it, but I just know it transported me, for just a few seconds.

Those few moments at the beginning of SFM will rank up there with some of the most important ( to me... just to me ) moments in my own personal rock and rock history. It felt raw, angry and perfect.

The expression on Keith's face. He stop smiling and looked down hit those notes. It was spectacular, at least from our point of view.
Just perfect rock and roll. He looked almost mean, and I think they were all pleased with the result.

Wow what a show. Just fun from top to bottom.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 30, 2015 17:50

these photographs are truly wonderful.

I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Charlie Watts wearing a baseball cap.

thanks for all these great portraits of the Stones.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 30, 2015 19:33

Great pics. wonderful story from Freejack about the jazz museum etc.

Thanks all for the reviews.

I love when they do stuff like pull out a cover of Kansas City. LOVE it.

Also, has there been any song that has so consistently kicked ass as SFM since 2012?

I'm usually not one for the whole warhorses concept, but if you're going to have them, then include SFM!!

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:03

andrewt

Also, has there been any song that has so consistently kicked ass as SFM since 2012?

I'm usually not one for the whole warhorses concept, but if you're going to have them, then include SFM!!

i think MR is eligible in the category of "constantly kicked ass"

so true, sfm should be have permanent slot i the setlist

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 20:26

maumau
andrewt

While Rambler can be hit or miss for me after hearing what MT contributed and the amazing 70's performances, SFM has been a truly great live tune since they first started playing it. There was a good reason they closed the show with it in 1969 and it's somehow maintained it's live impact 46 years later. More so than many of the others from that period, imo.

Date: June 30, 2015 21:13

cmc
relms

We saw that poster at one of the tents. Interesting - they were not numbered. (The posters we saw were not numbered. Possibly others were?)
Thank you for the info. That is interesting about the numbering, I wonder what is up with that?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:44

delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-30 21:44 by mnewman505.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:46

Naturalust
maumau
andrewt

While Rambler can be hit or miss for me after hearing what MT contributed and the amazing 70's performances, SFM has been a truly great live tune since they first started playing it. There was a good reason they closed the show with it in 1969 and it's somehow maintained it's live impact 46 years later. More so than many of the others from that period, imo.

In case you missed it, here's Street Fighting Man multicam mic
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 22:21

midimannz
Naturalust
maumau
andrewt

[www.iorr.org]

Friggin' great work midimannz! Loved it.

Date: June 30, 2015 22:32

jimpietryga1
Canon G1X

smileys with beer

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:00

Too much Chuck at the end...

maumau
MizzAmandaJonez
I sent my review to BV so hopefully it makes the review page, but a few quick observations:

Like most, I was completely blown away with SFM. The intensity and passion from Mick and Keith was electrifying, at a level higher than I've seen them at in recent tours. That song was worth the whole trip there, but the rest of the show was awesome too! This is my new favorite song. TD was it until Rambler blew me away on the 97 tour and its held that spot until SFM just blew the doors off. I can't wait to see a good video of that performance and hopefully it can capture what I experienced as that was one of those special Stones experiences we all keep coming back for.

The camaraderie between Mick and Keith seems to be as good as I have seen it since the 70s, and the whole band, the whole organization, is in the groove. Its pretty amazing to witness, and if you can get to a show, now is a good time based on what I saw in KC.

The only regret I have is I didn’t get to see Moonlight Mile, and I can't see any more shows until South America.

Chelskeith

there you go
[www.youtube.com]

enjoy again smiling smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 30, 2015 23:21

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 30, 2015 21:00

Too much Chuck at the end...

Totally agree. Sounds like he's trying too hard.

The studio version piano at the end of this song is prominent and sounds good, this is different, almost like he's trying to fit it in and it doesn't belong.

He's definitely been minimized this tour, and with Matt Clifford playing keys on songs too, its an interesting dynamic.

Great guy, but maybe his run is coming to an end?

Date: July 1, 2015 00:26

midimannz

[www.iorr.org]

Thank you midimannz for the great work - esp the SFM and RS periscope.

Posted by: mistermorphine ()
Date: July 1, 2015 01:14

I bought the tee shirt, only difference is the Kansas City and date are on the back with the trade mark tough above Kansas City

Posted by: mstmst ()
Date: July 1, 2015 04:02

OK - this was just over the top - saw Dallas - fantastic show - then KC (home town) - and they burned the place to the ground. What made this so compelling was the joy and good feelings displayed throughout the show - smiles all around and great interactions. Agree the SFM was an epic performance - but too many high points to list. Seeing them operate at this level is amazing - they were shit-hot and they know it. Although Ron gets the big solos - what made this for me was Keith showing the swagger again and of course the BIG riffs. I had no idea going in that this would be the ultimate blowout it was. Much more than a well deserved victory lap. They can still bring it. All my peeps that were there at Arrowhead 40 yrs ago were there on Saturday, and it was just jaw-dropping - one for the ages

Date: July 1, 2015 04:14

mstmst
OK - this was just over the top.....
..........and it was just jaw-dropping - one for the ages

thumbs upsmileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 24 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home