Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 23 of 25
Re: Kansas City MO USA 27-June-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: June 29, 2015 18:30

In case you missed it in its own thread, here is a video of "Kansas City"

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Sinkiller ()
Date: June 29, 2015 18:38

angee
with sssoul
Naturalust
[The person Mick takes the cellphone from] was probably someone from the crew. A total setup and part of the show,
meticulously executed to draw the audience into the performance. winking smiley

Awww don't say that! Even though I was wondering the same thing in a cynical little corner of my mind
It's hilarious anyway. I love the Rolling Stones

PS: Aha, so it is a crew member, and it goes on the big screen when he does it:
[www.iorr.org]

And as I said above: It's hilarious anyway. And I love the Rolling Stones

The periscope was expired for me so I couldn't see it--you are saying it was clearly a crew member who gave up the phone? You know I didn't think Mick was so spontaneous to do something like that with a random fan, didn't occur to
me that it was a set-up. Thanks, you two. Very funny.

I can only speak to what I saw. I was about three rows more toward the main stage when Mick did the phone thing ( did it twice, by my memory - one selfie and one was maybe a video? or multiple photos ) Both times he pointed at someone in the audience, and gestured to them, and they handed their phone, out of a sea of them, to security, who then handed it to Mick. He then did his thing and tossed back into the general area of the crowd. Everyone was pretty well behaved, and I saw the hands that caught the phones both times... were they the owner's hands? I don't know. I like to think the phones made it to their original owners. It was very fun, and didn't seem like a setup from 10 feet away.

Posted by: Freejack ()
Date: June 29, 2015 20:26

maumau
Stoneage
LBA 72:s assessment is about right. And it's not age alone that makes the difference. The passion and the ardency has grown weak over the years. Which is understandable.
Especially since they seem to repeat the same songs over and over. The real question is whether it's still good enough. That one is up to everyone to decide for themselves

yes that's it as i said
and yes to each his own
in fact I hang around this fan board because i decide that it is still good enough.
probably I won't be looking for periscope of their current shows or be here discussing their performances if I had decided otherwise
probably i would not be around here if listening to midnight rambler brussels 73 would make me sick about midnight rambler kansas city 2015
i am not here because i think they play better now than then
i am here because i still get the kicks out of them most of the time
and i love them for making me feel this way

thumbs up Well said Maumau!!

Comparing yesterday to today is not what today is about.

It's like being with a new lover and all you do is talk about how she don't measure up to the old one.

Love the one you're with and she'll make you feel allright.

This show was a kick! And I can't wait for the next one!

Posted by: StonesHood ()
Date: June 29, 2015 20:28

Sinkiller
angee
with sssoul
Naturalust
[The person Mick takes the cellphone from] was probably someone from the crew. A total setup and part of the show,

Awww don't say that! Even though I was wondering the same thing in a cynical little corner of my mind

[www.iorr.org]

The periscope was expired for me so I couldn't see it--you are saying it was clearly a crew member who gave up the phone? You know I didn't think Mick was so spontaneous to do something like that with a random fan, didn't occur to

I can only speak to what I saw. I was about three rows more toward the main stage when Mick did the phone thing ( did it twice, by my memory - one selfie and one was maybe a video? or multiple photos ) Both times he pointed at someone in the audience, and gestured to them, and they handed their phone, out of a sea of them, to security, who then handed it to Mick. He then did his thing and tossed back into the general area of the crowd. Everyone was pretty well behaved, and I saw the hands that caught the phones both times... were they the owner's hands? I don't know. I like to think the phones made it to their original owners. It was very fun, and didn't seem like a setup from 10 feet away.

He attempted this the show before in Milwuakee during Heartbreaker- and after motioning for the phone , never got the one He wanted , and wentback to the song

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 29, 2015 20:32

The selfie bit:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 29, 2015 20:47

Sinkiller
with sssoul
[www.iorr.org]

Edit: Misunderstanding! I recant!

But as I said above: It's hilarious anyway. And I love the Rolling Stones

I can only speak to what I saw. I was about three rows more toward the main stage when Mick did the phone thing
( did it twice, by my memory - one selfie and one was maybe a video? or multiple photos )
Both times he pointed at someone in the audience, and gestured to them, and they handed their phone,
out of a sea of them, to security, who then handed it to Mick. He then did his thing
and tossed back into the general area of the crowd. ... It was very fun, and didn't seem like a setup from 10 feet away.

Sinkiller, I later edited the post that got quoted up there, as shown above -
I'm delighted if the cellphone routine is a genuine crowd interaction
and admiration overwhelms me for the Mick's quick ability
to figure out how a random cellphone recorder works.
I can't even figure out how my own works!

I love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-29 21:28 by with sssoul.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 29, 2015 21:06

mitch
The selfie bit:

Their sound man's gonna need to be a bit more attentive unmuting Mick's mic though. Notice after he returns the phone that his first two attempts to say something produced no sound in the PA.

Fun stuff!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 29, 2015 21:10

I imagine he is well-versed in how they work, as he now seems to favour a smartphone over his small videoocam when he films the waiting fans on exiting their hotel en route to the next show destination. I always wonder what he does with all that footage. Maybe some of it will eventually turn up in their museum!

Posted by: RS ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:02

RS
Dreamer
RS

Setlist from Kansas City, MO

There she is: our IORR reporter of the month!

Do you know that lots of people here are right now listening to the persicope feed you broadcasted? Someone managed to capture it and put it on a wetransfer for everyone available.

[www.iorr.org]

You did a great job with recording that show RS!
And the rest of your accomplishments indeed are MAGIC.
thumbs up

Thank you so much!

Posted by: Sinkiller ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:08

with sssoul
Sinkiller
with sssoul
[www.iorr.org]

Edit: Misunderstanding! I recant!

But as I said above: It's hilarious anyway. And I love the Rolling Stones

I can only speak to what I saw. I was about three rows more toward the main stage when Mick did the phone thing
( did it twice, by my memory - one selfie and one was maybe a video? or multiple photos )
Both times he pointed at someone in the audience, and gestured to them, and they handed their phone,
out of a sea of them, to security, who then handed it to Mick. He then did his thing
and tossed back into the general area of the crowd. ... It was very fun, and didn't seem like a setup from 10 feet away.

Sinkiller, I later edited the post that got quoted up there, as shown above -
I'm delighted if the cellphone routine is a genuine crowd interaction
and admiration overwhelms me for the Mick's quick ability
to figure out how a random cellphone recorder works.
I can't even figure out how my own works!

I love the Rolling Stones

Oh, no problem.. I just wanted to give my perspective on it, that's all.

Funny you should say that about admiring him for being able to work the phone. I was behind him while he was looking at the phones, and I could see his hand moving around on the face, and that was my exact thought, "How in the world is he going to figure out how to do that quickly enough to keep going on the song". But... he did it.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 29, 2015 22:19

good quality capture of the cell thing video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:34

Also looking at the above clip you can see the video on the screen is on Chuck and not Mick.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:54

Poor set list

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 29, 2015 23:56

It could still be someone from the inner circle "planted" in the crowd to pass a phone to the Mick.
I want to believe! But would he really be that cavalier with a random fan's phone, tossing it back any old which way?

Either way it's a great move, and either way I love the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2015 00:03

with sssoul
It could still be someone from the inner circle "planted" in the crowd to pass a phone to the Mick.
I want to believe! But would he really be that cavalier with a random fan's phone, tossing it back any old which way?

Either way it's a great move, and either way I love the Rolling Stones.

right, the thing that keeps me a believer! smiling smiley is that there was some extra energy if possible and interaction by mick the other night. i mean he even got back on his knees during the my-my-my section of MR
he seemed pretty high winking smiley

and I love the Rolling Stones either

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 30, 2015 01:28

Sinkiller
Funny you should say that about admiring him for being able to work the phone. I was behind him while he was looking at the phones, and I could see his hand moving around on the face, and that was my exact thought, "How in the world is he going to figure out how to do that quickly enough to keep going on the song". But... he did it.

*If* the phone was handed to him by a plant, then perhaps the plant had already set it to video. I'd like to think it was all spontaneous but also, if so, that the person really did get their phone back!

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 30, 2015 01:34

Sinkiller
angee
with sssoul
Naturalust

[www.iorr.org]

We were 7 rows or so, directly in front of the cell phone interaction. There were two separate instances where MJ retrieved and used a phone. He did get the phones from approximately the same are of the crowd, but I don't think it was the same phone. The first time, it was a bit of a challenge for MJ to get the phone. He reached out quite far to get the phone. In fact, for a second or two, I did not think he would get the phone.
I was a total believer. I thought he did a spectacular job of interacting with the crowd. Not once did I think this was staged.
Imagine if he had grabbed the phone we were periscoping with..... How cool would that be? cool smiley

Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: June 30, 2015 02:11

cmc
Sinkiller
angee
with sssoul
Naturalust

[www.iorr.org]

We were 7 rows or so, directly in front of the cell phone interaction. There were two separate instances where MJ retrieved and used a phone. He did get the phones from approximately the same are of the crowd, but I don't think it was the same phone. The first time, it was a bit of a challenge for MJ to get the phone. He reached out quite far to get the phone. In fact, for a second or two, I did not think he would get the phone.
I was a total believer. I thought he did a spectacular job of interacting with the crowd. Not once did I think this was staged.
Imagine if he had grabbed the phone we were periscoping with..... How cool would that be? cool smiley

As being the one who shot the MJ selfie video. My wife and I thought it was spontaneous. The only doubt I have comes from being at the Arlington TX show and seeing a hat and pen thrown at MJ from the same area of the crowd to the stage. (MJ signs hat and throws it back into the crowd) I'll post the video later on Youtube and a link on IORR. If you can't find it just google Fake Fan Club.

BTW Spontaneous or not, it was a hell of a show!

Posted by: weeicemon ()
Date: June 30, 2015 02:17

Date: June 30, 2015 02:54

Here is Mick autographing hat thrown to him during Satisfaction in Arlington TX 6-6-15

Date: June 30, 2015 02:55

Mick selfie in KC

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 30, 2015 03:07

StonesHood
Sinkiller
angee
with sssoul
Naturalust

[www.iorr.org]

He attempted this the show before in Milwuakee during Heartbreaker- and after motioning for the phone , never got the one He wanted , and wentback to the song

I was actually half joking when I suggested it was from the crew, either way it's pretty good show business.

Date: June 30, 2015 03:25

Showtime......

Date: June 30, 2015 03:33

cmc

cmc

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 30, 2015 03:39

Great pics cmc! Looks like 3d or something!!

Date: June 30, 2015 04:13

Nice of you to say! However, I am very much an amateur using an entry level camera. Luck was on my side for a few!

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:29

I still think the box score will be less than 50k attendees.....only 2 shows , Columbus and Pitt, had over 50k.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: June 30, 2015 04:32

I sent my review to BV so hopefully it makes the review page, but a few quick observations:

Like most, I was completely blown away with SFM. The intensity and passion from Mick and Keith was electrifying, at a level higher than I've seen them at in recent tours. That song was worth the whole trip there, but the rest of the show was awesome too! This is my new favorite song. TD was it until Rambler blew me away on the 97 tour and its held that spot until SFM just blew the doors off. I can't wait to see a good video of that performance and hopefully it can capture what I experienced as that was one of those special Stones experiences we all keep coming back for.

The camaraderie between Mick and Keith seems to be as good as I have seen it since the 70s, and the whole band, the whole organization, is in the groove. Its pretty amazing to witness, and if you can get to a show, now is a good time based on what I saw in KC.

The only regret I have is I didn’t get to see Moonlight Mile, and I can't see any more shows until South America.

Chelskeith

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:35

MizzAmandaJonez
I sent my review to BV so hopefully it makes the review page, but a few quick observations:

Like most, I was completely blown away with SFM. The intensity and passion from Mick and Keith was electrifying, at a level higher than I've seen them at in recent tours. That song was worth the whole trip there, but the rest of the show was awesome too! This is my new favorite song. TD was it until Rambler blew me away on the 97 tour and its held that spot until SFM just blew the doors off. I can't wait to see a good video of that performance and hopefully it can capture what I experienced as that was one of those special Stones experiences we all keep coming back for.

The camaraderie between Mick and Keith seems to be as good as I have seen it since the 70s, and the whole band, the whole organization, is in the groove. Its pretty amazing to witness, and if you can get to a show, now is a good time based on what I saw in KC.

The only regret I have is I didn’t get to see Moonlight Mile, and I can't see any more shows until South America.

Chelskeith

Look fwd to reading your review. Agree, Street Fighting Man -- especially the opening riff -- blew the doors off. This was my 3rd show this tour, loved Pittsburgh, but this felt a bit like a rock n roll club show, mistakes and all. Great energy and interaction on stage.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 30, 2015 07:55

MizzAmandaJonez

Chelskeith

there you go
[www.youtube.com]

enjoy again smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425Next
Current Page: 23 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home