Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 'Done up in lace, done up in rubber': your favourite outfits worn by the Stones
Date: June 27, 2015 05:51

tauk
to brokecollegestudent: Wait a minute before you go, please tell me about Charlie's socks-I'm in suspense.

My boyfriend and I were cracking up in Pittsburgh when Charlie walked about on stage all cool and slow showing off his yellow and black Pittsburgh Steelers socks smiling smiley

P.S., tauk I'm still here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 06:11 by brokecollegestudent.

Re: 'Done up in lace, done up in rubber': your favourite outfits worn by the Stones
Date: June 27, 2015 05:59

Redhotcarpet

I wish I could raid Keith's closet

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 27, 2015 15:53

tauk
self-delete self-censure---
3 hours ago at around 10:10 pm I wrote a remark in response to that black & white onstage Mick pic posted & re-posted above on this page 2. My remark was veiled but a just a little too racy for my usual taste, and also, just not the real me. It happens to almost everyone, sometimes, and on the internet esp. it seems easy.

3 hours later now (1:30 am approx) I've thought about it and decided to erase it because I didn't feel comfortable about my little joke. Because I've always said I don't think I or anyone should say anything re. a Stone that they wouldn't say directly to the Stone(s). And I would never have said that directly to MJ.

Thanks for your patience with me.
I know I really need to start getting out more.:

So anyway, hurray for the EDIT button. (RESPECT & LUV TO YOU MICKEY XXXXXXOOOOOO"s IN CASE YOU'RE READING THIS.

Edited 8 times?? Carolyn, now you make me wish I had seen your joke lol smiling smiley

Re: Your favourite outfits worn by the Stones
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 27, 2015 15:55

The Stones haven't ever worn any of my outfits, at least to this point.

Date: June 27, 2015 16:19

alieb
tauk
3 hours ago at around 10:10 pm I wrote a remark in response to that black & white onstage Mick pic posted & re-posted above on this page 2. My remark was veiled but a just a little too racy for my usual taste, and also, just not the real me. It happens to almost everyone, sometimes, and on the internet esp. it seems easy.

3 hours later now (1:30 am approx) I've thought about it and decided to erase it because I didn't feel comfortable about my little joke. Because I've always said I don't think I or anyone should say anything re. a Stone that they wouldn't say directly to the Stone(s). And I would never have said that directly to MJ.

So anyway, hurray for the EDIT button. (RESPECT & LUV TO YOU MICKEY XXXXXXOOOOOO"s IN CASE YOU'RE READING THIS.

Edited 8 times?? Carolyn, now you make me wish I had seen your joke lol smiling smiley

Hahahah me too!

Date: June 27, 2015 18:38

Ronnie wearing his rhino shirt last tour. Muy cool. Can't find a photo. Maybe some of you help and post a pic of it.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

"Rock and roll is a nuclear blast of reality in a mundane world where no one is allowed to be magnificent." - Kim Fowley

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 18:49

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:30

Yes, it would've been great to raid Keith's closet back then!

Posted by: HearMeKnockin ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:33

MY favorite of the Stones' many outfits? It has to be these get-ups:

Sorry, I couldn't help it. grinning smiley

Date: June 28, 2015 01:36

alieb
tauk

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To alieb & brokecollegestudent- the edits were for my numerous typographical errors.

Don't worry, you didn't miss much. It was just a couple of very ordinary, very pedestrian words. If I'm going to make posts that may lower other people's respect for me, then it at least has to be more humorous than that post would've been.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 02:04 by tauk.

Date: June 28, 2015 01:39

treaclefingers
The Stones haven't ever worn any of my outfits, at least to this point.

Excellent LOL! Makes me wonder just how many other Thread Title questions I jump into answering without really comprehending the question.

Date: June 28, 2015 01:43

custom55

This pic has always baffled me. Can anyone please tell me the ocassion for these hats? Year, etc??? Thanks, I appreciate it.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 28, 2015 01:52

MingSubu
Redhotcarpet

Flashy? Well, no shirt. But other than that. A jacket, green sneakers, jeans. Wrangler? Could look boring on somebody else. Not on Keith.

Anyone know the model, or style, of Keith's sneakers?

Those are are a pair of Adidas SL 76. Also worn by Mick in the
"Respectable" video. Well, not the exact same pair (most probably).
Anything else you would like to know?

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 28, 2015 02:01

with sssoul

- 1971 by Dominique Tarle

but, but.........
he's not wearing hardly nothin' there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 02:01 by CloudCat.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 28, 2015 02:29

Stoneage
MingSubu
Redhotcarpet

Flashy? Well, no shirt. But other than that. A jacket, green sneakers, jeans. Wrangler? Could look boring on somebody else. Not on Keith.

Anyone know the model, or style, of Keith's sneakers?

Those are are a pair of Adidas SL 76. Also worn by Mick in the
"Respectable" video. Well, not the exact same pair (most probably).
Anything else you would like to know?

looks like we've got our resident shoe expert here winking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 28, 2015 02:49

don't really care ... perhaps after i change my name to Caitlyn, i'll revisit this topic

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 28, 2015 02:50

Dressed to a "T" as in Teardrop....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:21

Lovely shot ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 28, 2015 03:38

To be sure, the natural-born man Nellcote outfits

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:23

Keith, Mick and Brian wore bespoke snakeskin boots from The Chelsea Cobbler, a bespoke shoe store, which was located at 50 Kings Road, just across the street from the Chelsea Drugstore at 49 Kings Road. I know because I have a pair. There are many pictures of Keith wearing them: The '69 tour program, Hyde Park and Isle of Wight festivals, among others

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:27

The '69 tour program, Hyde Park and Isle of Wight festivals, among others

And theeee Muscle Shouls footage in Gimmie Shelter where
the close-up of toe of Keef's boot actually looks like a snake-head for a second or two

ROCKMAN

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 09:40

The black velvet jacket that Keith wore on the '73 tour may be a bespoke design by Lloyd Johnson. The reason I assert this is because The Flamin' Groovies had the exact same jackets made for them by Mr.Johnson in '72. One of his identifying characteristics is the rounded lapel.

Posted by: 69firebird ()
Date: June 30, 2015 08:51

Mighty Stork, this is a cool outfit. I have an original Peter Max oil painting done on this picture. Is this from 1972?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home