Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith guitar is the loudest ever.
Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 25, 2015 12:54

I have been to five Zip Codes (F15, BU, ATL, ORL and NASH). At the open air Stadiums Keith's guitar (especially 5 string tele) is the rudest, loudest, most obnoxious ever.

IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!
KR power chords get louder yet and hit you right in the chest.

Does anyone else notice such things?

We play loud...RW

Thanks.

Tim

Re: Keith guitar is the loudest ever.
Posted by: Bowe ()
Date: June 25, 2015 13:02

yeah, also noticed this last year. really liked it! The chord in the chorus of SFTD gets an extra boost by the technician.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:18

the first ? a real kicker,,,smiling smiley
( B7 ) "pleased to meet you (B7 ) "hope you catch..."

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:24

its been getting louder and louder for the past 3 years and its awesome, Ronnie too. its a guitar band like it should be. Keith's guitar is the sound of the stones. beggers the question, why was it turned so low from 89' to 2012.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:30

It does sound fantastic. The louder the better and don't compress the guitars in the mix! The tone is phenomenal as well.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:33

keefriffhards
beggers the question, why was it turned so low from 89' to 2012.

To make room for Chuck! "I ain't gonna join the band if Keef's not 25dB's lower than me! Don't want my plink to be drowned by double-stops licks" grinning smiley

Date: June 25, 2015 16:43

Keith's guitar was very loud on the ABB-tour as well. Some would say too loud...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 25, 2015 16:44

yeah that started during the 50th anniversary shows.

Date: June 25, 2015 17:22

RockinJive

yeah that started during the 50th anniversary shows.

I don't get it. Could some one please explain.

cept to play in a rock and roll band.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: June 25, 2015 17:24

That B7 at the start of the first chorus on Sympathy - a real stadium shaker. great!!

Date: June 25, 2015 17:29

I will check out the B7 SFD in Raleigh. I am Ronnie's side. It should not matter because Keith is extraordinarily loud.

I bet your Momma don't know you scream like that.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:04

Lipsgogreen
I have been to five Zip Codes (F15, BU, ATL, ORL and NASH). At the open air Stadiums Keith's guitar (especially 5 string tele) is the rudest, loudest, most obnoxious ever.

IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!
KR power chords get louder yet and hit you right in the chest.

Does anyone else notice such things?

We play loud...RW

Thanks.

Tim

Yes. Pittsburgh was LOUD and great. Milwaukee too

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:31

Is there a 'like' button for this thread? or a thumbs up - thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-25 18:32 by nightskyman.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:35

really powerful -- rattles your chest -- great tone & energy

not sure you can get the full effect thru a video (or if the sound in your section isn't great), but here's a video I shot from the pit in boston in 2013

trust me, it was thrilling and the crowd loved it

& btw - mick's vocal & ronnie's guitar (he plays a great quick riff off of keith's chord) add to the excitement

[vimeo.com]

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: June 25, 2015 18:52

DandelionPowderman
Keith's guitar was very loud on the ABB-tour as well. Some would say too loud...

In these questions I'm no reliable poster. My impression, however, from the comparatively few concerts, where I have been present, was one or both of the following, 1) more aloud guitars, 2) a little more heavy guitar sound, during my two concerts in Oslo and Stockholm in 2014 than during the two concerts I was to in Hyde Park in 2013.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 25, 2015 19:02

[www.youtube.com]

Still my favorite video from the 50 And Counting Tour. It was a revelation to hear Keith's guitar so loud and it literally makes the song from being boring to me, especially as the cameraman begins to realize Keith is the one to focus on. So happy I was there to witness it in person.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:06

Keiths guitar seems to sound louder when your actually at a show. for some reason on DVD releases it seems lower in the mix or just turned down. listening to you tube clips or the new live periscope we get to hear how loud he really is. i cant think of any other guitarist that has such instant signature opening riffs . SMU BS bitch rocks off JJF satisfaction TD SWAY the list is endless plus solo intro's too. but to have them blasted like that with the sound his guitar is making lately, well, he is definitely going out in a blaze of glory if 2015 turns out to be their last tour. thank god the stones did not end in 2007. he was not himself. although when i saw them at the millennium stadium 07' he was very good and loud. but not as mobile as he is today.
i also like this thread thumbs up thumbs up

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 25, 2015 20:09

my enjoyment of the stones live is usually directly related to how loud keith's guitar is, and to a much lesser but correlated extent, how low Chuck and the background singers are in the mix.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 27, 2015 01:04

I miss some distortion in the guitar sounds. generally speaking
... whatscja think ? smiling smiley

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 27, 2015 01:39

They are definitely bringing him to the front of the mix in a few places, maybe louder than I have ever heard, but also riding the faders to eliminate how many "bum" notes the audience hears. The stones have a very busy FOH guy, every time mick points his mic at the crowd(over the floor wedges) it has to get cut, keith has to be brought up and down in the right places.

The stones use no compression on anything, which makes having a consistent sound with the drums, vocals, and guitars a big pain. The inconsistency and ups/downs/highs/lows is what makes a stones show epic!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 27, 2015 01:51

Perfect opportunity for a new live cd/dvd. Cross yer fingers!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 27, 2015 09:46

Not just loud - super trebly. It certainly cuts through. Not sure it's my favorite Keith tone historically though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home