Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
why did Keith not tour with Ronnie in the 80.s
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 23, 2015 14:10

to me it would of been an obvious choice for the two of them to tour while Mick and Keith fell out. why did keith go out on the road with Waddy and not Ronnie ?

Re: why did Keith not tour with Ronnie in the 80.s
Date: June 23, 2015 14:12

keefriffhards
to me it would of been an obvious choice for the two of them to tour while Mick and Keith fell out. why did keith go out on the road with Waddy and not Ronnie ?

Ronnie had his own project with Bo Diddley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 14:14 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: why did Keith not tour with Ronnie in the 80's
Date: June 23, 2015 14:24

that's not really an answer. i mean Ronnie with Bo Diddey probably took up a few weeks of Ronnie's decade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 14:31 by keefriffhards.

Date: June 23, 2015 14:38

They toured in 1987 and 1988 when Keith formed his solo band.

The chance they had to tour would have been in the following period, as they toured in 1979, 1981, 1982, made DW in 1985, marketed it in 1986, Keith did Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll as well as other projects in 1987 (also with Ronnie).

He would have had to get Ronnie in on his solo project earlier if this could have worked, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 14:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: June 23, 2015 14:46

DandelionPowderman
They toured in 1987 and 1988 when Keith formed his solo band.

keith toured with the winos in 88 and 92' 93' nothing in 87. nothing in the 80's with keith and ron.
i just thought with keith and ron being soul brothers partners in crime

Date: June 23, 2015 14:50

See my post above. Keith did Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll in 1987, which was quite a project. And Keith and Ronnie also did JJF with Aretha. Then came Ronnie's big tour with Bo Diddley on several continents.

Didn't Keith write songs and rehearse for his solo album in 1987 as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 14:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:07

The OP should Ask Keith: [www.keithrichards.com]

Date: June 23, 2015 15:13

DandelionPowderman
See my post above. Keith did Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll in 1987, which was quite a project. And Keith and Ronnie also did JJF with Aretha. Then came Ronnie's big tour with Bo Diddley on several continents.

we are both wrong wino's tour was 89 not 88. still they did very little between 82 and 88

Date: June 23, 2015 15:18

keefriffhards
we are both wrong wino's tour was 89 not 88.

It was 1988 - November 24th to December 17th, to be exact. (Steel Wheels was 1989, remember?)
You really need to Ask Keith if the quite reasonable ideas you've gotten from Dande don't work for you.
You also probably want to get acquainted with Nico Zentgraf's fine site for checking dates of things: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Sheer speculation but: Maybe Keith and/or Ronnie realized it could be another blunt-force trauma to the Stones
if two of them toured together - like if Charlie had toured with either Mick or Keith,
or Ronnie with Mick without Keith. Anything like that would be considerably more of a slap to the other Glimmer
than doing stuff without any other Stones involved. And Keith very much wanted the Stones back together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 15:24 by with sssoul.

Date: June 23, 2015 15:20

keefriffhards
DandelionPowderman

we are both wrong wino's tour was 89 not 88. still they did very little between 82 and 88

The album and tour was 1988. No, they didn't do very little, as I have explained (Chuck, writing songs, rehearsing songs, forming a band, producing and recording with Aretha, Dirty Work etc. etc.).

Talk Is Cheap Tour:

NOVEMBER 24TH,1988 FOX THEATER-ATLANTA, GA
NOV 25TH, 1988 NEW DAISY CLUB-MEMPHIS TN
NOV 27TH, 1988 CONSTITUTION HALL WASHINGTON D.C.
NOV 29TH, 1988 BACON THEATER-NEW YORK NY
DEC 1ST, 1988 TOW THEATER-PHILADELPHIA PA
DEC 2ND, 1988 TOW THEATER-PHILADELPHIA PA
DEC 4TH, 1988 ORPHUEM THEATER-BOSTON MA
DEC 5TH, 1988 ORPHUEM THEATER-BOSTON MA
DEC 7TH, 1988 MUSIC HALL-CLEVELAND OH
DEC 8TH, 1988 FOX THEATER-DETROIT MI
DEC 10TH, 1988 ARAGON BALLROOM-CHICAGO IL
DEC 13TH, 1988 HENRY J. KAISER ARENA-OAKLAND CA
DEC 14TH, 1988 UNIVERSAL AMPHITHEATER-LOS ANGELES CA
DEC 15TH, 1988 HOLLYWOOD PALLADIUM-LOS ANGELES CA
DEC 17TH, 1988 BRENDAN BYRNE ARENA-EAST RUTHERFORD NJ

Date: June 23, 2015 15:31

with sssoul
keefriffhards

It was 1988 - November 24th to December 17th, to be exact. (Steel Wheels was 1989, remember?)
You really need to Ask Keith if the quite reasonable ideas you've gotten from Dande don't work for you.
You also probably want to get acquainted with Nico Zentgraf's fine site for checking dates of things: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Sheer speculation but: Maybe Keith and/or Ronnie realized it could be another blunt-force trauma to the Stones
if two of them toured together - like if Charlie had toured with either Mick or Keith,
or Ronnie with Mick without Keith. Anything like that would be considerably more of a slap to the other Glimmer
than doing stuff without any other Stones involved. And Keith very much wanted the Stones back together.

sorry, my bad, but you are really splitting hairs here.. Ronnie would of jumped at the chance to tour with Keith. a spat with Bo Diddley dont come into it..
hail hail rock and roll was a one off show.

Date: June 23, 2015 15:36

yes that makes a lot of sense. things were bad enough with Jagger doing lets work and solo tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 15:38 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:43

There was a concerted effort apparently to keep Woody away from Keith in terms of playing/ touring in the run up to Talk is Cheap (and before that with the Chuck Berry project)- instigated in no small part by Jane Rose. Bill German covers it in his book - and recalls that he asked Keith at the time and he said that if he was going to do a solo project it should really be Stone-free so to speak.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 15:46 by Roll73.

Date: June 23, 2015 15:45

keefriffhards
sorry, my bad, but you are really splitting hairs here.
Ronnie would of jumped at the chance to tour with Keith. a spat with Bo Diddley dont come into it.

... Huh? What "spat with Bo Diddley"??
Keith did more than just a "one-off show" for Hail Hail Rock & Roll; and he was rehearsing, writing and recording
with Steve Jordan and other Winos off and on throughout 1987. But anyway!
Since you reject everyone's thoughts about it, there's no reason for you to ask us the question.
Ask Keith: [www.keithrichards.com]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:46

keefriffhards

true, but Have you seen the movie about that 'one-off'? (And yes, it was not only a one-off concert but a movie too - that alone takes quite a while to accomplish... and when it was finished, he still had to go out & promote it!) - it took ages for that 'one-off' to come together.

Date: June 23, 2015 15:54

with sssoul
keefriffhards
sorry, my bad, but you are really splitting hairs here.
Ronnie would of jumped at the chance to tour with Keith. a spat with Bo Diddley dont come into it.

... Huh? What "spat with Bo Diddley"??
Keith did more than just a "one-off show" for Hail Hail Rock & Roll; and he was rehearsing, writing and recording
with Steve Jordan and other Winos off and on throughout 1987. But anyway!
Since you reject everyone's thoughts about it, there's no reason for you to ask us the question.
Ask Keith: [www.keithrichards.com]

easy tiger. i already said my bad. i actually do think this is the right site to ask a question about keith Richards. he wrote the songs remember. the stones were down and out when jagger toured solo. i know what you are saying is correct but why go on the attack like that. your very well informed and i appreciate you explaining what you did. dont want to get off on the wrong foot sorry ssoul. yeah spat was the wrong word too lol. your right it would of really been the nail in the coffin if keith toured with ronnie. thanks.

Date: June 23, 2015 15:54

keefriffhards
with sssoul
keefriffhards

sorry, my bad, but you are really splitting hairs here.. Ronnie would of jumped at the chance to tour with Keith. a spat with Bo Diddley dont come into it..

Look, there were two shows, rehearsals, one album produced by Keith, the film and he was the musical director of the show as well. Then comes the Talk Is Cheap rehearsals, writing, band forming, recording, album release, tour...

And before this he recorded, played and produced Aretha + Ronnie and Bo Diddley toured the US, Europe and Japan.

That was their 1987. Probably some more work as well. This is NOT «very little», ok? smiling smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 23, 2015 15:58

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
with sssoul
keefriffhards

Look, there were two shows, rehearsals, one album produced by Keith, the film and he was the musical director of the show as well. Then comes the Talk Is Cheap rehearsals, writing, band forming, recording, album release, tour...

And before this he recorded, played and produced Aretha + Ronnie and Bo Diddley toured the US, Europe and Japan.

That was their 1987. Probably some more work as well. This is NOT «very little», ok? smiling smiley

Back to your corner DP...you've more than proven your point...nice work

Date: June 23, 2015 15:59

got the feeling people on here are over reacting. i feel like everything i say is being taken the wrong way. jesus i wish i never asked the question.

Date: June 23, 2015 16:04

keefriffhards
got the feeling people on here are over reacting. i feel like everything i say is being taken the wrong way. jesus i wish i never asked the question.

LoFL: Sweetie, maybe that's because you're expressing yourself very badly.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:11

with sssoul
keefriffhards

He's expressing himself perfectly well, and he is absolutely right, you can leave your nasty attitude out the door. What if every time you asked for details on Keith's guitars people addressed you to Ask Keith?

C

Date: June 23, 2015 16:11

Roll73
There was a concerted effort apparently to keep Woody away from Keith in terms of playing/ touring in the run up to Talk is Cheap (and before that with the Chuck Berry project)- instigated in no small part by Jane Rose. Bill German covers it in his book - and recalls that he asked Keith at the time and he said that if he was going to do a solo project it should really be Stone-free so to speak.

thats interesting roll73 . will track down the book thanks

Date: June 23, 2015 16:14

liddas
with sssoul
keefriffhards

He's expressing himself perfectly well, and he is absolutely right, you can leave your nasty attitude out the door. What if every time you asked for details on Keith's guitars people addressed you to Ask Keith?

C
thanks lidas, i kind of did get my facts wrong, no one is perfect. im doing two jobs at once lol this iorr is addictive lol.

Date: June 23, 2015 16:14

Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhards
with sssoul
keefriffhards

Back to your corner DP...you've more than proven your point...nice work

I'm outta the ring...

Date: June 23, 2015 16:19

Roll73

It's interesting, but what about Bobby, wasn't he just as bad as Ronnie? And Ronnie was indeed on board on the Aretha recordings..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 17:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:20

keefriffhards

I think I can remember an interview at the time TIC was released in which Keith stated that he knew everybody expected Ronnie to be more involved in his solo project, but he wanted to do it "his way".

Was this a political answer, as Bill German implies? Who knows.

For sure, by the time TIC was done, the Winos were a solid reality, and I am sure that Keith sincerely wanted to take the album on the road with that band.

Good decision, anyway, if you ask me. I think that a rehash of the Barbarians project wouldn't have worked as the Winos did and wouldn't have added much to Ronnie and Keith's respective careers.

C

Date: June 23, 2015 16:25

liddas
He's expressing himself perfectly well, and he is absolutely right ...

Liddas darling, he disagreed with everything Dande and I said before he changed his mind and said yes that makes sense thank you.
And providing the link to Ask Keith wasn't nasty - it was meant to be helpful.
Some questions can't be answered by anyone but the man himself,
especially if speculative replies are deemed unsatisfactory.
All is well now, I hope. Carry on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-23 16:33 by with sssoul.

Date: June 23, 2015 16:39

i was just thinking about this. i asked a question. dandi gave her answer. i did not think that was the reason keith and ronnie did not tour together. so am i not able to think that that was the wrong answer. so ssoul jumps down my throat at the first chance he gets because i am new on here or what..

to my mind two people in this post have given it some thought and actually i do agree with them..

can some one tell me if this bullying is normal..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:49

keefriffhards
i was just thinking about this. i asked a question. dandi gave her answer. i did not think that was the reason keith and ronnie did not tour together. so am i not able to think that that was the wrong answer. so ssoul jumps down my throat at the first chance he gets because i am new on here or what..

to my mind two people in this post have given it some thought and actually i do agree with them..

can some one tell me if this bullying is normal..

Yes, completely normal...you're good.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: June 23, 2015 16:50

The bullying is normal from sssoul.
She has a very condescending, know it all attitude but for some reason it's been tolerated for years around here.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home